• 12 3 4530
  • Page
  • Text Only
bgshen, how much you pay for the wing. I just called now, and paid 149 before tax and rebate. Thank you
bgshen said: Got one. Greate deal. Thanks.

You guys know that this is a promotion by Microsoft? If the CSR asks you for more info just tell them its for Microsoft.

Maybe answered already, I have 2 phones on Family Faves plan. Can this one be added as another phone on the Faves family plan?

Can anyboby comment on the signal reception on the wing?
I have the MDA (I loved the functionality) which has terrible reception in LA area (i get no signal about 35% of when other Tmobile flip phones will have it).
If the Wing's reception will be comparable to regular cellphones, I'll jump in and take this deal. Been waiting for the PPC6800 on the Sprint SERO plan too.

What functionality does the Tmobile Hotzone get you? Email? Internet surfing? DOes anyone know how much the data service cost per month? Do you have to get each of these services for each line on a family plan? Or can you do what I do with messaging and get unlimited messaging for all the lines with the family plan. Thanks in advance!

dangtong said: zOoness said: today i decided to call and get the wing... to my surprise, the CPR told me the phone was $99 BEFORE $50 rebate. yes i was charged 99+ tax for the phone, and then i get the 50 mail in rebate on top of that... $50 for a WING.. SCORE!!!!!

What did you sign up for? 2 year or 1 year contract?


only 12 month contract. maybe my rep. was just really nice.. lol she did say she had the best time talking to me.

mikegelf said:
I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier. Someone else used the analogy that once you've used the Wing with the big touchscreen LCD, if you try to go back to the Dash it's like using a computer without a mouse.. and I definitely agree.



I watched a video of the wing and there was no stylus shown or mentioned . . . and no one else has mentioned a stylus for the touchscreen. Can anyone confirm that the Wing comes with a stylus for the touchscreen? I couldn't fathom where the stylus would go from the 360 degree video I saw of it, but I would like to be proven wrong because I dig the stylus concept.
</blockquote>

I did see that video from phonescoop. He did show the stick. It is placed at the bottom right instead of top right. Camera is it on the right top (which is not good).

My concern is, Will wing work as a pocket pc where I can browse internet using my home network?

CSR said, it will, but I doubt. But 8525 does. Can anyone confirm?

got one too by adding a line to my existing family plan, still at $149 before $50 rebate. For the rebate, do I need to keep all lines or I can cancel my old line (out of contract now) and keep the old number on the new line after I receive the phone?

hdotcom said: I did see that video from phonescoop. He did show the stick. It is placed at the bottom right instead of top right. Camera is it on the right top (which is not good)

Awesome, thanks! Does it matter where the camera stuff is? I guess I never really thought about it.

dookfest said: hdotcom said: I did see that video from phonescoop. He did show the stick. It is placed at the bottom right instead of top right. Camera is it on the right top (which is not good)

Awesome, thanks! Does it matter where the camera stuff is? I guess I never really thought about it.


You right hand/fingers rest on it when you are holding the phone while it is sideways.

khatru said: Got shot down at the last stage.
Was told needed to email someone by the name "Nick Suwanvichit" who was responsible for the Windows Mobile Promotion!!


Anyone else face that same issue?


That sale rep doesn't know what he's doing. I was told the same thing. Called back to get to someone else, all went through fine. Try it.

Ditto, my sales rep was super nice and walk me through the process, ZERO issues.


dangtong said: khatru said: Got shot down at the last stage.
Was told needed to email someone by the name "Nick Suwanvichit" who was responsible for the Windows Mobile Promotion!!


Anyone else face that same issue?


That sale rep doesn't know what he's doing. I was told the same thing. Called back to get to someone else, all went through fine. Try it.

Yay! In for one! Rep was nice and didn't gave me any hassle.

hdotcom said: I did see that video from phonescoop. He did show the stick. It is placed at the bottom right instead of top right. Camera is it on the right top (which is not good).

My concern is, Will wing work as a pocket pc where I can browse internet using my home network?

CSR said, it will, but I doubt. But 8525 does. Can anyone confirm?


IMO, neither the stylus or the camera was place in the right location. Stylus should be on top, so when it getting old and getting loose, it doesn't fall out. And for the cam, holding the phone the naturally in horizontal position with the sliding keyboard opened, your fingers will touch the camera lens.

The Wing does have wifi and let you connect your home wireless and get on the net.

The0ne said: Method, that's what I'm trying to accomplish with these CSR's but have not been successful. My contract has already ended and I'm on a month to month basis now. Anyone have a name of a CSR I can personally request to have this deal go through without additional headache(s) and cost? Would be much appreciated.

If you just bought the Wing, you are still within the Buyer's Remorse period. Call and tell the only reason you went out and bought a new phone with a new contract was because you thought you could later switch the numbers, keep the new 1 year contract and the new phone and let the old contract expire. Claim ignorance and hopefully you'll get a sympathetic CSR willing to help you out. Just dont be a jerk to them.

I am pretty sure this been answered before, but what 5.99 plan do you need to use the t-zone? Is T-Zone consider as those hotspots or internet wherever you want?

I paid 149 before rebate.

well here is my order

http://i12.Photobucket.com/albums/a228/kietlander/order.jpg

as you can see i was only charged 107.74 total

What's the minimum plan you have to sign up for?

I'm not really interested in the fancy stuff and barely use any minutes. Just want a nice convergence device that's a PDA/Phone/MP3 player.

Dang, now I'm jealous. 5 CSR's and all I got was a big headache. I'll try again since many of you got it to work just fine. At least now I know I'm not the only one dealing with clueless CSR's Wish me luck!

zOoness said: well here is my order
http://i12.Photobucket.com/albums/a228/kietlander/order.jpg
as you can see i was only charged 107.74 total


You should block out the UPS tracking number and the T-Mobile order number.

method said: zOoness said: well here is my order
http://i12.Photobucket.com/albums/a228/kietlander/order.jpg
as you can see i was only charged 107.74 total


You should block out the UPS tracking number and the T-Mobile order number.


thanks for the heads up.. fixed.

mintmaster said: I'm not really interested in the fancy stuff and barely use any minutes. Just want a nice convergence device that's a PDA/Phone/MP3 player.

If you barely use any minutes, look at T-Mobile prepaid.
You can roll your minutes every year for only $10 after you put in $100 up front.
Then take the savings from your monthly plan and use it on a new/used unlocked phone...

Jym said: What functionality does the Tmobile Hotzone get you? Email? Internet surfing? DOes anyone know how much the data service cost per month? Do you have to get each of these services for each line on a family plan? Or can you do what I do with messaging and get unlimited messaging for all the lines with the family plan. Thanks in advance!

These are all great questions to ask your T-Moble customer service rep...

Well, I called and talked to a CSR that knew the promotion. Got the deal but was charge $174 and change before rebate. There are still some confusion between the CSR's however because according to her I'm just adding another line at no additional cost. But when I talk to the regular CSR's (to fix my passwords and such) they are saying I would have to pay 2x$39.95 I didn't want to deal with them any longer so I canceled my 1st line and kept the new line. Doing this I'm only paying $39.95 per month. My first contract had ended so there were not cancellation fee's for canceling my first line. Once I get the phone tomorrow, I'll have to call them to verify this whole mess again to make sure they aren't charging me from their own confusion. What a mess this has been for me.

how did you get charge only $107.74?

I played with the WING today at Tmo store. Boy was it a sluggish slugfest. WM6 seems really bloated. Yes, I reset it to clear ram, running programs, etc, and it was still like molassas.

Love my blackberry more and more each day!

The0ne said:

how did you get charge only $107.74?


i have no clue. it seems like im the only one that received this price.

zOoness said: The0ne said:

how did you get charge only $107.74?


i have no clue. it seems like im the only one that received this price.


Did you order online or on the phone??

zOoness said: The0ne said:

how did you get charge only $107.74?


i have no clue. it seems like im the only one that received this price.


when i got my dashes last month i was surprisingly charged $50 + tax for each phone. after the $50 rebate it came out to just tax ($3.50). everyone else at that time (and now) seemed to be getting the phone for $50 AR. my b/f who had called & placed an order an hour before i did was charged $100 per phone ($50 AR). i just received all my rebates (even more surprising). i think it was just luck that somehow i was charged less for the phones than others and i'm not sure how it happened. i think the same thing might have happened with your order. not sure if that helps...

stanr said: Jym said: What functionality does the Tmobile Hotzone get you? Email? Internet surfing? DOes anyone know how much the data service cost per month? Do you have to get each of these services for each line on a family plan? Or can you do what I do with messaging and get unlimited messaging for all the lines with the family plan. Thanks in advance!

These are all great questions to ask your T-Moble customer service rep...


exactly!!

Does anyone know the availability and cost of other phones using this promotion? I wanted to get one wing and a cheaper phone if they offer any. Thanks.

13isLucky said: Does anyone know the availability and cost of other phones using this promotion? I wanted to get one wing and a cheaper phone if they offer any. Thanks.

cheaper?? hey if ur lucky u can get a wing and a dash for 50 AR.. lol.

So when the deal will be over... and as you said i cannot add the third line like the dash deal right?

Does anyone know if the Wing supports A2DP profile? I been getting mix answers from reviews I read online. I want to order one if it supports a2dp without any kind of hack.

I just ordered one with $149.99-$50(rebate)+$10 tax. I just want a pocket PC which can make phone calls. I selected the basic plan(300min any time unlimited weekend) and the equipment protection $29.99+$5.99(optional) monthly. The lady who worked me through the process was very nice. Unlike internet offers, you don't have to sign up expensive plan for the phone.
Thanks for all of you and good luck.

The website promotion cost $299 I believe. The promotion is $150 - $50rebate. I guess it's luck if you got it for $100 or less

13isLucky said: Does anyone know the availability and cost of other phones using this promotion? I wanted to get one wing and a cheaper phone if they offer any. Thanks.

Answered my question when I called in to place an order this morning. I got the wing for $149 with the $50 rebate, and also picked up a Tmobile SDA for $50 minus $50 rebate...so free after rebate. Thanks OP!!!!

13isLucky said: Does anyone know the availability and cost of other phones using this promotion? I wanted to get one wing and a cheaper phone if they offer any. Thanks.

Uh, get two wings and sell one of them on eBay for $350. Take $150 of that and buy an unlocked inexpensive phone on eBay. Pocket $100.

soooo....
so i got one... and it sucks... not really the phone, but my take on the phone first,

its like a slow computer... as far as switching between portrait and landscape screens... but as a regular phone it sounds fine... so i guess you can say its a regular phone... with pda capabilities... and the best part about these is that it can save a bunch of contacts, including other information such as emails and addresses and such... also, you can edit Word docs and Excel sheets... which is good for expenses and editing stuff... but it is kinda slow to react... you have to tap on something and wait otherwise is you tap on it twice thinking you made a mistake, it takes even longer and it gets confused... compared to the razr, its way better, i hated the razr, all the looks non of the brains although it slowly as if it had all these other computing features... so i do like it, just so we know where i stand.

what really really sucks though is that i got it figuring that i would get it and then call them and ask for them to switch the number (pre-existing number) and the plan for what i have out of contract(39.99/1000min,nights&weekends free) and then drop the old line with the new number and the unwanted plan... but i've gone through 2 CSRs that said... sorry, cannot do it... and i know it's been done... am i supposed to utter secret code words into their ears or call at midnight when the moon is out... if i cannot make this happen, i'm gonna have to cancel the phone line within the 14 days and give back the crack... i mean the phone... any advice would be great...
thanks
Iron

  • Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

  • 12 3 4530
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014