• 1 234530
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

The T-Mobile wing was $149-50 rebate = $99 after rebate, free activation, free shipping. 1 year contract. The regular price is $300 after rebate, so this is a huge discount.

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier. Someone else used the analogy that once you've used the Wing with the big touchscreen LCD, if you try to go back to the Dash it's like using a computer without a mouse.. and I definitely agree.

Good luck.

UPDATE:

Some people are saying their customer service reps are asking for additional information. More than 90% of us didn't have that experience. Just say 'it's promotional code Windows Mobile' and that's all they should need. If they still don't get it, just hang up and call again.

Also, on the dash thread, someone posted the following workaround to get unlimited internet via t-zones. It's slower but it's only $5.99 vs $30. I had to play with setting it up a bit b/c apparently the interface for the Wing (Windows Mobile 6.0) is a bit different than for Dash (WM 5.0), but eventually I got it to work.

RapaciousEbayer said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

Connections -> Proxy -> T-Zones Proxy setup
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name : port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Connections -> GPRS-> T-Mobile Data
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
are they still offerring 1yr contract?

nikon5400 (May. 20, 2009 @ 9:51p) |

Is the deal totally gone?
BTW, wing has disappeared from tmobile's website. Might to make space to wing II that is coming... (more)

bluegene (May. 21, 2009 @ 2:29a) |

...wmdeals.com? Good deals but assume it's 2 yr. contract and probably need data plan. MSISDN likely to be harder and di... (more)

Mosskeeter (Jun. 30, 2009 @ 4:32p) |

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/tmobile1/default.mspx

Review with video

MSISDN REUSE DOES NOT void your rebate despite what any CSRs tell you over the phone. Many people have submitted their rebates and received their rebate, regardless of whether you perform the MSISDN REUSE before or after you submit the rebate.

Taken from the Dash Thread

Dash Thread said: -------------------------------------------------------------------

For all those who are thinking of adding this as an additional line of your family plan.

If any of one of your current phones is out of contract, you can cancel that and retain that number on this new line. Here is how. (YMMV as people seem to be disputing if you can do this or not despite one member already saying he/she has done it.)

1. Get the Dash added as a third line for 9.99 to ur family plan.
2. Convert one of your existing lines which is NOT under contract to a prepaid. They give u a 5 dollar starter balance on that. It takes about 2-4 hours for them to convert the line to a prepaid.
3. Call in and ask them to PORT-IN your prepaid number to your new DASH line. It takes about 4 hours for the port-in to complete as this is just an internal port for Tmobile.

This worked like a charm for me, when I tried to get rid of my third line when I got the Blackberry 7105 in January. May be its time for one more.

Howard Forums DASH FAQ

--------------------------------------------------------

For those people who have family plans and need to port the OOC number to the new line. Here is what you do:

Call 611 from your NEW line (New being the keyword)
Tell them you want to "MSISDN REUSE" (pronounced 'mizzdin') your old OOC number to the new number (MSISDN = Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number)
They will understand what you want when you tell them about "MSISDN REUSE"
Your old number will be disconnected immediatly (Cancel the line), they will do it.
The new number will get a message stating your number has been changed to the old number. (Took 15 mins for me)

I hope this helps someone.

Get $5 from pricegrabber.com to the first 50 requests.

pricegrabber rebate

Ordered Wing for $100 AR using the same promo code. Original price is $500. It's T-Mobile's latest. Gr8 deal IMO

Steps to free up more memory on your WING
After experiencing my 10th "Out of Memory" problem, I decided to do something about it. Can't believe Tmobile would release this thing with all that stuff running with so little memory.

Anywho, there's two things that I did that allowed me to have 24MB of free RAM upon startup. Haven't had to constantly reset my phone daily to prevent the memory issues yet.

The first thing will require you to restore your wing to the default setup when you first received your wing.

Start Menu --> Settings --> System tab --> Clear Storage

Restart your wing and it will go through the steps of calibrating your screen. Once that is finished, it will start to import Tmobile extra content. When this prompt appears, you need to hit the softreset button on your phone (you have 3 seconds to do the softreset). Now your Wing will start up and have additional RAM space.

T-ZONES

1 - Click Settings, then Connections Tab (bottom of page), then
Connections (on page) -- then "Manage Existing Connections,"
then Proxy Settings (tab at bottom) -- then put in checkmarks
for both "This network connects to the internet" AND "This network
uses a Proxy server... etc."

2 - Set the proxy server to 216.155.165.50, then click on
Advanced and tap the http (which will then let you change the
Port setting to: 216.155.165.50:8080 -- after which you tap "OK"
in the upper right, then tap Socks and do the same thing, then
tap OK again. (There's no need to fill in your user name and PW.)

3 - Once you've done that, just keep tapping OK until you've
exited. You'll now find things have changed rather DRAMATICALLY,
and you can now get the Internet. (I suggest writing Google.com
in the Internet Explorer Search field... Google is a great launching
pad. And BTW, go to the bottom of Google when it loads AND click
on Google Classic. This is the "real" Google, much better than the
Mobile Google.)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting your Email (without having to pay for the PRO account)
You actually get to choose T-MobileWeb or T-MobileWeb PRO (which adds access to email servers as well as websites) but what most people DON'T know is that you don't need to upgrade to T-MobileWeb PRO (only a $5 more a month) to get access to their emails without having to use webmail.

There is nothing tricky to this part, there's no setting up that you wouldn't do normally. It's just not as clear as it could be.

The basic idea is that UNLIKE the "T-MobileWeb Pro" plan you need to access T-Mobile's email server instead of your regular one. This is where it get's confusing... Because you'll be saying to me that you don't want a You@T-Mobile.com or any kind of email, and there is where the trick is.

You will be pointing your email program on your Wing to T-Mobile's email server which will act as a BRIDGE to your own email server.

If you have three email addresses you want to check, you WILL setup 3 email addresses, but you will set them up in a way that will seem strange, because all of them will be using the same T-Mobile email server.

T-Mobile will actually help you with this (kind of) by simply going to the My.T-Mobile page (it's login is in the front page of www.T-Mobile.com) and click on the "Communication Tools" link at the top of the page. Then find the "Access My E-mail" link at the bottom. This link will *not* appear if your phone type in My T-Mobile is already set to the Wing, so change it to something else first, like the MDA.

Setting up any email is easy from there (well kind of)...
You'll be able to setup a link to your AOL email, your work email, and even your free emails (although they need a "POP3" or "IMAP" interface, for which some webmail services like Hotmail charge $20/year for, but Gmail has it for free)

The only thing I'll tell you that you might not realized (after you've setup your particular email account) is that there'll be a "POP Settings" that you won't get to through their setup wizard.

This is the "magical" page that you will need to connect the email accounts you've already setup to get to your phone (without any additional fees)

This will provide you the basic 4 settings that you will need to put in what ever email program you have on your phone.
So After you've stepped through telling T-Mobile what your email address is and your password on that email service is, you'll have to look for the page called "POP Settings" which will give you information about what you setup on YOUR PHONE, now that T-Mobile can pick up the email from your email provider.

E-mail Address: {this will be your REAL email address, sometime like myname@aol.com}
Mail Server (POP3): myemail.T-Mobile.com {Will never change}
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): myemail.T-Mobile.com {Will never change}
User ID: {This will be your phone number followed by a :1 or :2 etc}
Password: {This will not show, but it's your password on your REAL email server}

==============added by jerry2003 on 6/18/08=====================
I found the above "bridging" workaround for email is not necessary. Just make sure you change the connection to "T-Mobile Data" in the "Advanced Server Settings" in the options of each of your email account setup. It worked for me. I have tested general POP3/IMAP, Gmail, Yahoo (which does not support general POP/IMAP). Have not tested Hotmail, Exchange.

For the Proxy setting, I set the HTTP at port 8080 and kept Socks at port 1080. So far, web browsing (include Live Search) and email works for me. Instant message does not work, as others said on HoFo.
================================================================
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No 3G or EVDO service. So stuck with crappy EDGE. Waste.

tempting...but i just did the 4 dashes beginning of the month...will just wait until next year...hopefully then the 3G's will start showing up

NW

NightWatcher said: tempting...but i just did the 4 dashes beginning of the month...will just wait until next year...hopefully then the 3G's will start showing up NW

What is 3G/EVDO?

EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3g

I got my service for the Dash and am very happy with the Dash. I cracked one QTEK 9100 (MDA) and have replacement bought from eBay. For now I will stay away from the touch screen WM phone. Make sure that the Wing has dual speakers like the QTEK 9100/MDA, that is a nice feature. I am not bashing the wing, I think it's very stylish. I just want to make you aware of how easy a screen can break. Do get the protection plan for $5.99 if you decide to buy the wing.

The 2 year contract is a deal killer for me.

That's part of the reason why I got the Dash for $50 and only 1 year contract. By that time, hopefully I can get in line for a 3G phone. I don't want to be tied for 2 years on an EDGE/non-3g device.

EDIT: I didn't read your post about the 1 year. Other places I read it was a 2 year contract. So I'm not sure. I might give them a call and get one if this is true. I'm on a family plan with 2 phones right now.

I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.

Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.
Sprint's data network is pretty impressive, but I hated their CS when I was with them years ago.

jpmaz said: EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

If you want 3G GSM go Cingular.

kamakazii, just out of curiousity, where did you get the tmobile dash for $50 with a one year contract? I've been trying to find a deal like that for a while now...

Arrrrgh!!! If only I had waited!!!

desiss said: kamakazii, just out of curiousity, where did you get the tmobile dash for $50 with a one year contract? I've been trying to find a deal like that for a while now...

Link

kamakazii said: Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

Sprint's data network is pretty impressive, but I hated their CS when I was with them years ago.

Yup. After having me as a loyal customer for 3+ years, they would rather let me walk away than give me a cheapass replacement phone (which would cost them next to nothing).

I walked straight to T-Mobile and never looked back.

jpmaz said: EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

I know EVDO is CDMA. I was just referencing that to anybody that may be on a current CDMA plan and was looking to switch to this device. They would be VERY disapointed stepping down to EDGE if they are on an EVDO or UTMS (3G) device.

I fooled around with EDGE on a Tmo and Cingular phone. It pales in comparison to a 3G device. Getting a windows mobile phone most likely means you would be browsing the web alot. But having EDGE kills it because webpages would take twice as long to load.

If you are looking to switch carriers... I highly recommend Sprint SERO. $30 a month for 500 mins, full PDA internet, unlimited texting, 7PM N/W, M2M (Sprint or Nextel) free. About $34-35 after taxes. You can get either the Treo 700wx... or the 6700. There is a 6800 thats due out in a few months that looks really nice.

Sprint customer service is 100x better now than it was years ago. Look at any of the SERO threads and you will see the CSRs are giving the world away to customers.

I played with a Q in a sprint store the other day to compare to my dash. the download speeds aren't fast enough to convince me to switch, especially with tmo rolling out their 3g network this year, as well as the one year contracts.

The noticeable difference happens when you're tethered to a laptop. then the speed difference is night and day.

the websites I used to test were eBay/comleted auctions, some private data intesive websites, fatwallet and Amazon. ymmv.

so if you're only using your smartphone and you don't plan to tether often, it's a tossup. for me the tmo speeds are fine as I only tether once or twice a month.

I also tested out the treo 700p and wx with similar results. it seems as though the device is the bottleneck when it comes to rendering pages.

as stated before, my experience is ymmv and yours may differ.

I'm hoping sprint comes out with a device later this year that is capable of rendering websites quickly enough to notice a difference. $30/month is tough to beat.

Econometrician said: [Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS

they're the worst. if you don't mind getting treated like dook on a regular basis, then Sprint's for you

Has anyone been able to get this for 150?

I am out of contract and have 4 lines on family plan... was wondering if I could keep the number and get this phone or do I have to cancel it and renew the lines?

So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

angryasian said: So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

when you signed up, you were already notified of the txt rate increase so you wouldn't be able to use it as a get out of jail card.

I can't be that ignorant. They notified me when i signed up? I thought they just increased it 2 months ago.

angryasian said: So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

Call to verify that you can indeed cancel your current line without an early termination fee. If you can, then why not? Why any hesitation..?

mikegelf said: Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

The T-Mobile wing was $149-50 rebate = $99 after rebate, free activation, free shipping. 1 year contract. The regular price is $300 after rebate, so this is a huge discount.

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier.

Good luck.

I checked the site of tmobile, I found the constract is 2 years, no one year! please make sure!

with dash, website said 2yr, but it's 1yr when you call in.

who would mind when talking 15minute with CSR will save you 365days

Anyone know if this deal can be used as like what I read in the dash deal....I currently have a family plan with 3 lines. Could I add two lines with wings, then cancel two of the original lines, while transferring the old phone numbers onto the new wing lines? Hope that's not too confusing.

cjtct said: mikegelf said: Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier.

Good luck.

I checked the site of tmobile, I found the constract is 2 years, no one year! please make sure!

We repeat, CALL IN!!! NOT AN ONLINE DEAL!!! LEARN TO READ NOOBS!

I knew about the Wing since about a month ago from howardsforum chatter. I was Tmobile MDA user back then and decided to leave Tmobile and switch to Cingular.

You can get the faster Cingular 8525 for $149 from Amazon, but with two years contract. I was amazed with the 3G speed and this certainly helps stabilize my over the air outlook sync. I can now also browse the net more comfortably with the 3G network. The cingular 8525 is also faster at 400 mhz vs Wing's 200mhz processor

Not to thread crap... however if you are like me and need the 3G speed for business purposes, I would advise you to reconsider the faster Cingular 3G network. I am a network administrator / IT consultant and it is essential for me to have an extremely stable and fast 3G network.

If you are not concerned about the Internet usage, then Wing is not such a bad deal... I especially love its thin body !

I would give this green for a 1 year $99 Wing.

Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

this would be one of your biggest mistakes. Switching from tmobile customer service to sprint is like getting hit by a bus.

OrionTHX said: Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

this would be one of your biggest mistakes. Switching from tmobile customer service to sprint is like getting hit by a bus.

People seemed to really hate Sprint or really like Sprint, no middle ground. I really liked Sprint, then switch to Tmobile about 2 and a half years ago because of a good deal. I ported back over to Sprint in December for a Fusic and the Sero plan. I've had very few problems, and I've never had a problem. My only regret is being a cheapskate and not getting the Treo, but the Fusic is the best phone I've ever owned at the same time. I tried surfing the net on my friends Sidekick and it was soooo slow. I even have an Ipaq Tmobile and that was supper slow (I still use that as a GPS navigator and media player on trips). Once you try EVDO you'll never go back.

Thanks OP. I just signed up for an additional line on my OOC single line. I was able to get a $29.99 plan and $150 for the Wing minus a $50 rebate. I am hoping I will get lucky and get a CSR that will help me extend my old line contract for a year and can delete the new number I doubt it, but worth a try when I get the wing this friday. IF not... then my mom get a free phone line for a year and I get a new Wing. Good luck to all. FYI : The CSR I talked to said there was no minimum on the plan and no data package needed!

I like the MDA over the Dash only cause of the GPS software choices available, which I use the MDA for.

Being that RapaciousEbayer works for Microsoft, I'm surprised he didn't come up with this deal. I consider him a friend.

Thumbs up for you OP. Great deal.

Anyone having trouble getting the deal to go through? I am. They are asking for a promotional code as well as the company name. So if you have no code they ask for the company name. If you company is not part of the promotion they will refuse. I talked to another and he added an additional individual or family plan. Thus I would pay 2 x $39.99 per month for individual or $59.99 for the upgraded.

If anyone has gotten this to work let me know how you went about doing so or whom who spoke with. Thanks.

mach6 said: I like the MDA over the Dash only cause of the GPS software choices available, which I use the MDA for.
There are few available for Smartphone as well. TomTom and Route66 come to mind.

The0ne said: Anyone having trouble getting the deal to go through? I am. They are asking for a promotional code as well as the company name. So if you have no code they ask for the company name. If you company is not part of the promotion they will refuse. I talked to another and he added an additional individual or family plan. Thus I would pay 2 x $39.99 per month for individual or $59.99 for the upgraded.

If anyone has gotten this to work let me know how you went about doing so or whom who spoke with. Thanks.

Try different CSR, once you say the code, they'll know what to do. at least they are supposed to

What if you don't have a code and not part of the Microsoft family but want the phone. I had assumed by the original post that this was possible? It's a nice phone.

The0ne said: What if you don't have a code and not part of the Microsoft family but want the phone. I had assumed by the original post that this was possible? It's a nice phone.

This is for everyone. The code is "Windows Mobile". Some CSRs might get need you to actually say those words, but it should work. Tell em "Windows Mobile"

Skipping 1139 Messages...
...wmdeals.com? Good deals but assume it's 2 yr. contract and probably need data plan. MSISDN likely to be harder and discount/rebates apply to NEW numbers only, not reused ones. I'll consider their offer for the Touch pro2 when it's released which is pushed back to mid-August.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.