• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just picked up the last two display models of the Toshiba HD-DVD Player. I didn't get the box, so I don't think I can finagle the free DVD promotion, but for $75, what do you expect! The item number is 57 57606.

Best of luck in searching and finding one!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i will try my luck tomorrow. thanks op.

nabixlholdings (Jul. 24, 2007 @ 9:15p) |

lil late eh?

Devyan1 (Jul. 24, 2007 @ 9:17p) |

its after 10pm, when does your Sears close?

nabixlholdings (Jul. 24, 2007 @ 10:09p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

superdrew said: I just picked up the last two display models of the Toshiba HD-DVD Player. I didn't get the box, so I don't think I can finagle the free DVD promotion, but for $75, what do you expect! The item number is 57 57606.

Best of luck in searching and finding one!

extreme YMMV lol

I already have picked up 2.

superdrew said: I already have picked up 2.

At two different stores - or 2 from one store?

2 different stores, Jackson and Lansing, Michigan

Great price though YMMV...i will check my local stores after work.
Thanks, OP. Green for u.

Went to two different Sears. 1st one had no display model on clearance but did have a new unopened one on clearance for $229.99. 2nd Sears had one display model on clearance but it's $179.99. Sales guy said different stores start their clearances on a different date so YMMV if your store has had it marked down a few times to a good price.

will take a look, thanks

hoeboy said: Went to two different Sears. 1st one had no display model on clearance but did have a new unopened one on clearance for $229.99. 2nd Sears had one display model on clearance but it's $179.99. Sales guy said different stores start their clearances on a different date so YMMV if your store has had it marked down a few times to a good price.

Dont trust the store for signing. Have them scan it. It should end in a clearance price that ends in $xx.97.

Nice find OP. Will have to check my local store. Even with this being first generation at this price it's a steal.
Sound and Vision Award for HD-A1

Two Sears in Raleigh, 1 OOS and the other had the floor model for $239.99.

Rapacious.. GO!

For this price, even if HD-DVD loses the format war, this is supposed to be a darn good upconverting player of regular DVDs.

anyone check in NJ yet?

is it possible for the price it is marked in the system different from the price it scanes

If someone gets one in a box, please make a copy of the UPC for me.

Thanks!

CONFIRMED in Oakland County, MI

I picked up one form the Oakland Mall/Troy Sears and one form the 12 Oaks/Novi Sears. The Troy was NIB (although the box was beat up) so I can send it in for the 5 free DVDs.

Maybe this is a Michigan only sale.

The Novi store MAY have one more left, but be sure to call ahead.

were these Sears or Sears essentials (formally known as kmart)

thanks

Anyway can I check it online? Or I have to go to store to find out?

Devyan1 said: anyone check in NJ yet?

I checked the following NJ stores:

Lawnside, NJ= NONE
Burlington, NJ= NONE
Moorestown, NJ= Had the model but no clearance price.

Kevin

xxxxkevxxxx said: were these Sears or Sears essentials (formally known as kmart)

thanks

I got mine at actual Sears stores.

I just have to say this because someone will probably do it:

Whatever you guys do, DO NOT CALL THE STORE.

kevgret said: Devyan1 said: anyone check in NJ yet?

I checked the following NJ stores:

Lawnside, NJ= NONE
Burlington, NJ= NONE
Moorestown, NJ= Had the model but no clearance price.

Kevin

any idea if the nones were clearanced?

none in ATL. Just got back from the store.

Thanks OP I picked up the last 2 at the Sears in Friendswood, TX. Mine was $121.97 though. I didn't argue. However the other model was 57686 which appears to be a recorder as well it was $225. It looks sweet even has an ethernet port on the back.

So anybody know if the clearance sticker price may be incorrect and we should have the cashier scan to check the price?

Have them scan it it is probably cheaper.

hoeboy said: So anybody know if the clearance sticker price may be incorrect and we should have the cashier scan to check the price?

Checked in Tampa Univ Mall. One available for $133.97. It is a display model so no UPC (so no 5 free movies). The SA told the unit was probably on for 18hrs a day for atleast 1 yr. Dont want to take a risk of it breaking down. 3yr warranty is another $150.

It would be a great steal if it is not a display unit.

Just incase anybody wants to read about the Toshiba HD-A1 player. I found this review at Ultimate AV Mag Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD Player reviewIt tells the good and the bad things about this player. It's from 2006 so I dont know if any of the problems have been fixed since then with any new firmware. It's a very informative article, so try to take a second to read it before you purchase it and end up with any regrets.

Lisa

$179 here in Vegas with 3 in stock.

No-Go in Jefferson City MO, in fact they told me they hadn't gotten any HD-DVD players in yet (And this player has been out for well over a year....go figure).

on a side note, I had the Wal-Mart version of this player (which is identical to this except it is black) and I loved it. Loading times were REALLY slow, other than that it was fantastic....Picture quality was top notch on both HD-DVD's and standard DVD's (I had this hooked up to a Sony Ruby projector). There are a few firmware upgrades which you will want to take advantage of, but once you do, you will have Dolby TrueHD in all 6 channels via either HDMI or 6-channel analog outputs (which is great for those of us with older receivers, and this is a feature that isn't included on the second generation players with the exception of the XA2). If I could get this for $150 or less I would be all over it!

I found two in Atlanta yesterday at the cumberland mall location in smyrna. So whoever said Atlanta had none was mistaken. The price was 162.xx and they had two in stock, one in box and one floor model. I asked them about price but they would not budge. They had the five free movie rebate tear sheets right there too. I was torn on the price since the value of the free movies makes it worth doing but I've heard of new hd dvd player models as low as 199.99. Will Sears match a price from another Sears?

Went back to the one that had the display model in the clearance aisle for $179.99 and had them do a check of the price in the computer. It came out cheaper @ $124.97. I took it but will return it later today because:

1) The player is notoriously big. I can probably kill someone if I heave it at them.
2) Load times is ridiculously slow. This includes load times navigating menus as well.
3) People said this player has had issues with HDMI handshaking with Samsung DLPs. Although it was fixed (I think) with the latest firmware, my particular TV (Panasonic 42" plasma) seems to have the same issue that even the latest firmware can't fix. Hence I can't get an image or sound through HDMI.
4) Did I mention this player is gimongous?

Overall, I guess this is what you can expect from a first generation HD-DVD player. Although I really wanted to jump on the HD bandwagon, I'm going to lay low until they sort out all of the kinks. As of right now, it's a tad bit buggy and slow, which was the same deal with DVD players when they first came out.

Here's the link to the free movie deal.......

Free Movies

i dont suppose this does hd over component? yeah, i know, i need a new tv...

No luck in Bradenton, FL

It will do HD over component till 2012 the ITC (Image Token Contraints) may be included by producers which will down sample to err I cant remember the rez. Its nine hundred something by five hundred something.

Can anyone post or PM me a copy of the receipt

Devyan1 said: Can anyone post or PM me a copy of the receipt
same here. I located adisplay model at $312, but they said they would match a copy of their receipt.

Anyone got a scan?

TIA

Skipping 56 Messages...
Devyan1 said: nabixlholdings said: i will try my luck tomorrow. thanks op.

lil late eh?

its after 10pm, when does your Sears close?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014