• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This Dual core 1.6ghz 160gb 1gb ram and 802.11n laptop is on clearance on bestbuy for 449.99 the model is MT6456 SKU should be 8276787

here is Link from google cache for this laptop was 879.99 earlier....

the config is
Processor Brand AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2
Processor Speed 1.6GHz
Display Type WXGA widescreen TFT-LCD with Ultrabright technology (1280 x 800)
Screen Size 15.4"
System Bus Up to 1600MHz
Cache Memory 512KB + 512KB on die Level 2
System Memory (RAM) 1GB
Type of Memory (RAM) PC5300 DDR2
Hard Drive Type Parallel ATA (5400 rpm)
Hard Drive Size 160GB
Optical Drive Double-layer DVDRW/CD-RW
Graphics ATI RADEON XPRESS 1150
Wireless Networking Built-in Marvell TopDog 802.11n (Draft N) wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g- and 802.11n-compliant)

it is same configuration as the Link MT6452 of MT6452 but the clearance one has 802.11n wireless and the better model MT6456

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hi everyone,

I bought my mt6456 two weeks ago but im having some trouble and i'm hoping some of you experts out there can... (more)

downshift519 (Jul. 12, 2007 @ 2:02p) |

Does BK offer free wireless? I thought they all charged for the service.

hadji (Jul. 12, 2007 @ 2:36p) |

Yup, the BK by my work offers it for free. Not sure about the other ones though. Look for "Wireless Hotspots" signs at t... (more)

downshift519 (Jul. 12, 2007 @ 2:41p) |

This computer MIGHT have bluetooth built-in.

I would recommend updating the built-in wireless driver if you are having wireless problems. This fixed my issue with a DI-524 Router.

All Bay Area stores besides:
Emervylle
Salinas

OOS all of Northern CT and Western MA. They do have plenty of the xxx58 in Enfield, Ct.

Sku:8276787
are sold out.... run !!

Also, MT6458 is marked $550 in store
8 MT6458 left in Richfield, MN
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can't find it on their website.

is this B&M only? where did you see the deal (city, state)?

its a clearance item they removed it from the website you must check it in your nearby store

here is Link from google cache....

i got them in atlanta in buckhead area...

i have asked the rep and he said they have 6 of them available in alpharetta store

they are plenty available in most cities because they put it on clearance this week... i called 1800bestbuy they confirmed it

bjg31483 said: is this B&M only? where did you see the deal (city, state)?

Ai42 said: wait I made a mistake

The inventory checker is not availabe at this time.

mrtrance said: Ai42 said: wait I made a mistake

The inventory checker is not availabe at this time.

Yea I kinda messed up the link, it should work now.

I have Gateway and think they're crummy from a support standpoint, otherwise I think this is green from value/features perspective.

Thanks, OP!

Completely out of stock in Denver, CO and surrounding areas. I went to a local store, had them pull up inventory for all stores within 50 miles and not a single one showed any stock. I was able to see the CSR's screen and at least verified the price was $449.

I checked the oline inventory and a couple stores around me have it in stock. Any coupons to make this deal sweeter?

dresselwerks said: Completely out of stock in Denver, CO and surrounding areas. I went to a local store, had them pull up inventory for all stores within 50 miles and not a single one showed any stock. I was able to see the CSR's screen and at least verified the price was $449.

try to use the bestbuy rewards coupon of 12% off ... sometimes the people at checkout will give it out

mrtrance said: Any coupons to make this deal sweeter?
There's this but I don't think it will apply.

Is this a good deal?

kevin04 said: Is this a good deal?
Run Forrest RUN!

buy first, think later (if you have coupons you can always do return-rebuy)

This is killer, I'm running to the Cerritos store later today.

can I order this by phone?

Hot Deal, Tempeted to pick up another lappy. All these laptop deals lately, whats going on?

Yeah I am also tempted..But not sure with previous two laptop still sitting in my house

The current laptop is available at Fashion Mall Worstybuy.

LuckyGuy98 said: Hot Deal, Tempeted to pick up another lappy. All these laptop deals lately, whats going on?

What is the return policy on clearance items?

minang said: can I order this by phone?

Nope... its a clearance item sgould check in nearby stoe and buy it in the store

Woe is me. Not available anywhere in Bay Area. This was just the deal I was looking for...

allrebates said: What is the return policy on clearance items?

i need to know that too....but this is not as hot as the Lenovo deal 10 days back

allrebates said: What is the return policy on clearance items?

I think its the same as normal returns policy... except that the item is on clearance...

They dont have it there

Mohjong said: This is killer, I'm running to the Cerritos store later today.

They dont have it - Santa Maria is the only location with any! Cerritos had ZERO

mnsweeps said: allrebates said: What is the return policy on clearance items?

i need to know that too....but this is not as hot as the Lenovo deal 10 days back

the Lenovo deal was pricing error... it was a mistake... but this one is hot... clearance item... there is low end item MT6452 still showing 879.99 in bestbuy...

I need to think the way to use the $50 gift that Bestbuy gave us for canceling the Lenovo order.

minang said: I need to think the way to use the $50 gift that Bestbuy gave us for canceling the Lenovo order.

buy this laptop with the 50$ coupon which makes this laptop $400 one which is a steal at this price....

well - even though I went to the store yesterday and saw on the CSR's computer that there are no more available in Denver, some inventory did show up on the online inventory check (link in earlier post in this thread). Suspicious, I called the 1-800 # and the woman on the phone said there was zero available in Colorado. I don't think the online inventory check is reliable at all. I would call 1800BESTBUY or hop in your car and start burning gas before relying on the online inventory check.

TechiSavy said: minang said: I need to think the way to use the $50 gift that Bestbuy gave us for canceling the Lenovo order.

buy this laptop with the 50$ coupon which makes this laptop $400 one which is a steal at this price....

its an e-coupon

dresselwerks said: well - even though I went to the store yesterday and saw on the CSR's computer that there are no more available in Denver, some inventory did show up on the online inventory check (link in earlier post in this thread). Suspicious, I called the 1-800 # and the woman on the phone said there was zero available in Colorado. I don't think the online inventory check is reliable at all. I would call 1800BESTBUY or hop in your car and start burning gas before relying on the online inventory check.

I agree with you. I just called the number and the lady said the price is 799.99 and not available in any of the Kansas stores. But inventory check showed in stock nearby couple of stores.

rangav said: dresselwerks said: well - even though I went to the store yesterday and saw on the CSR's computer that there are no more available in Denver, some inventory did show up on the online inventory check (link in earlier post in this thread). Suspicious, I called the 1-800 # and the woman on the phone said there was zero available in Colorado. I don't think the online inventory check is reliable at all. I would call 1800BESTBUY or hop in your car and start burning gas before relying on the online inventory check.

I agree with you. I just called the number and the lady said the price is 799.99 and not available in any of the Kansas stores. But inventory check showed in stock nearby couple of stores.

i did the same yesterday.. the 1800bestbuy rep said that the price was 799 and not available nearby store...i went to near by store and found 2 of them for 449.99... its better to call local bestbuy and give the sku number.. they will help you... they will let you know if any nearby store has it.

- Online qty. is check is not reliable.
- Very few stores have this laptop.
- If you find one near by then you can place an order over phone but you can not complete transaction just over phone. They will pull piece and send you a fax (kind of order form) for you to fill in Credit card details, sign and send back to complete transaction.

hope this helps.

TechiSavy said: rangav said: dresselwerks said: well - even though I went to the store yesterday and saw on the CSR's computer that there are no more available in Denver, some inventory did show up on the online inventory check (link in earlier post in this thread). Suspicious, I called the 1-800 # and the woman on the phone said there was zero available in Colorado. I don't think the online inventory check is reliable at all. I would call 1800BESTBUY or hop in your car and start burning gas before relying on the online inventory check.

i did the same yesterday.. the 1800bestbuy rep said that the price was 799 and not available nearby store...i went to near by store and found 2 of them for 449.99... its better to call local bestbuy and give the sku number.. they will help you... they will let you know if any nearby store has it.

DO NOT CALL THE LOCAL STORE

Dennybot said: Woe is me. Not available anywhere in Bay Area. This was just the deal I was looking for...

are you sure? still shows available at SF and several other stores

OP, did the laptop have 2 X 512MB RAM or 1 1GB RAM?

PhDeez said: TechiSavy said: rangav said: dresselwerks said: well - even though I went to the store yesterday and saw on the CSR's computer that there are no more available in Denver, some inventory did show up on the online inventory check (link in earlier post in this thread). Suspicious, I called the 1-800 # and the woman on the phone said there was zero available in Colorado. I don't think the online inventory check is reliable at all. I would call 1800BESTBUY or hop in your car and start burning gas before relying on the online inventory check.

DO NOT CALL THE LOCAL STORE

My local bestbuy was very helpfull they told me and kept them aside for me...

Skipping 358 Messages...
Yup, the BK by my work offers it for free. Not sure about the other ones though. Look for "Wireless Hotspots" signs at the front door.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014