• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New York Times

Get 75% off your first 12 weeks of Home Delivery.

Warning: Rates go back to normal after the 12 wk. intro.
Link

Enter your zip to see what your cost will be.

I got:

Please select a delivery option:
7 Day Home Delivery $3.10 per week
Monday Through Friday Delivery $1.55 per week
Sunday Delivery $1.58 per week

Also you have the option to sign up for Premium Crosswords:

(Premium Crosswords has the daily puzzles online and you'll get access to several years of archived puzzles).

Premium Crosswords

Starting March 27th, Home Delivery subscribers will now receive Premium Crosswords free when they activate their free Times Reader subscription (Times Reader will be free to home delivery subscribers, including 7-day, weekend, Sunday only, weekday only, Book Review only, Large Type Weekly subscribers, and those who receive the special education rate). If you are a current Home Delivery subscriber who has purchased Premium Crosswords, you will receive a pro-rated refund once you activate Times Reader. Your free access to Premium Crosswords will continue for as long as you remain a Home Delivery subscriber.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
thanks OP..time to subscribe again!!

shopalot (Mar. 18, 2008 @ 1:21p) |

for me (New York) it is

7 Day Home Delivery -$2.55 per week
Monday Through Friday Delivery -$1.35 per week
Saturday and S... (more)

hdotcom (Mar. 18, 2008 @ 1:40p) |

This offer didn't work for me at this time around (March 2008) .

They sent me an email "Unfortunately, we are unable to ... (more)

sharl (Mar. 25, 2008 @ 8:36a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal. thanks op.

Thanks, OP. Thanks for posting. But sorry red based on the quality of this product and indeed this controversial product itself, for which red is surely appropriate.

They are losing readers in droves. There has to be a reason.

guardian44 said: Thanks, OP. Thanks for posting. But sorry red based on the quality of this product and indeed this controversial product itself, for which red is surely appropriate.

Something tells me they won't mind losing you. Green for a great deal!

Thanks, OP. Anyone seen good deals on fish?

Has anyone actually received the paper? I ordered last week, did not receive a Sunday paper, called today (Friday) to Customer Care and they have no record of my subscription. They told me since I ordered online, I should send an email to the customer service online people from the subscription page. It came back "don't contact us - Z-subscriptions with your inquiries, call the NY Times".

Some sort of catch22.. I received a confirmation number online and when I called, that number means nothing to them.

Do they offer student subscripitions?

Has anyone actually received the paper? I ordered last week, did not receive a Sunday paper, called today (Friday) to Customer Care and they have no record of my subscription. They told me since I ordered online, I should send an email to the customer service online people from the subscription page. It came back "don't contact us - Z-subscriptions with your inquiries, call the NY Times".

I had no problem. Signed up and the Sunday edition started in four days. They had my subscription records on line and I easily signed up for the online Premium crosswords/archives. Now to remember to cancel the promo within 12 weeks.

guardian44 said: They are losing readers in droves. There has to be a reason.
All old media companies are losing readers but the Times is not losing them in "droves" compared to the likes of Murdoch's New York Post or the New York Daily News. Those two have been hemorrhaging cash in a brutal battle for market share of the same target group. The Times makes a fortune from all of the ads and all of the focused magazines they produce. If it's News Lite that you like then subscribe to USA Today.

guardian44 said: Thanks, OP. Thanks for posting. But sorry red based on the quality of this product and indeed this controversial product itself, for which red is surely appropriate.

Where did you hear that? Fox News?

Left, right, whatever.......... green for OP, in for the 12 weeks at least. Thx!

Student discount.
I hope I can keep it after I defend my Ph.D. tomorrow.

agreed 100% They sell propaganda, not 'news'.

great deal - thanks, OP! Could not (readily) find anything better than 75% off. 12 weeks it is.

Great deal, just signed up for 12 weeks. Whether you like NYT Editorials or not, it is one of the best papers around.

ziggz said: guardian44 said: Thanks, OP. Thanks for posting. But sorry red based on the quality of this product and indeed this controversial product itself, for which red is surely appropriate.

agreed 100% They sell propaganda, not 'news'.

What a sad state of paranoia.

Good post OP - this is one of the finest newspapers in the world - along with the WSJ, Wash. Post, Times of London etc.

Thanks OP, I've been trying to access their system for a while now, finally worked for me today. Getting one week of home delivery for about the same price as a single issue on the stands is a great deal.

--- I doubt anyone near me gets the New York Times --- but says available in my zip
--- does the paper boy come to my neighborhood to deliver one paper?

germanpope said: --- I doubt anyone near me gets the New York Times --- but says available in my zip
--- does the paper boy come to my neighborhood to deliver one paper?

Every Sunday I get mine delivered with no problem. With your Sunday subscription you can access the NYT online and read it 7 days a week at no extra charge. I joined primarily to access their daily crosswords and 7 years of online archives.

Keep in mind that the NYT blocks you from getting any discount rates for several months (8 months?).

Basically, it's a once a year type deal. Then......it's back to Starbucks for the Times.

The good thing about this offer is that you get 1 yr. Zagat online for free!

Anyone know when will the deal end? I would like to get this when I go back to school.

Deal just ended for me last week. I was getting Saturday/Sunday.

I just called them and tried to cancel. I told them I liked the teaser but was not interested in full price. They offered me 7 days at $5.40 (the regular cost of Sat/Sun). I asked what else. They offered me just Sunday at $4.50. I said 'no.' Finally they came back and said Sat/Sun 50% off for 16 weeks, $2.70/week.

Good deal.
-stubot

I was just getting just the Sunday edition. My 3 month trial just ended and I canceled. I just got a phone call I was offered 6 months at 50% off.

The "Old Gray Lady" has become a HO... no thanks. I wouldn't read it if it was free. I wouldn't wrap fish in it either.

TheeeeChosenOne said: Keep in mind that the NYT blocks you from getting any discount rates for several months (8 months?).

Basically, it's a once a year type deal. Then......it's back to Starbucks for the Times.

Care to elaborate on the Zagat comment? I used to check them a lot when it was free online, but less so now that I have to pay.

and, thanks OP! In 4 12.....weeks....

TheeeeChosenOne said: Keep in mind that the NYT blocks you from getting any discount rates for several months (8 months?).

They are actually very liberal about deciding who is eligible for the intro rate. The fine print says it is for "readers who have not been subscribed in the past 90 days," and they interpret that as broadly as possible. We call every once in a while to switch subscriptions between different names (2 surnames in our family) and credit cards so we can get the promo rate, and explain why when they ask us - and more often than not, the CSR's just apply the promo rate to the existing subscription. The other CSR's create a new account, but they don't cancel the old account. They put it in deep freeze so we can still access all the online services without having to change the account info, but stop charging us for it. After 90 days, they send a message that we are eligible to restart the subscription at the introductory rate. They even explain it all in advance.

If we were more organized, we would switch back and forth like clockwork every ninety days and never pay more than $2.55 a week for the paper. But as it is, we forget, and it takes a couple of months of paying full price after the intro rate till we realize and set the process in motion again. But I don't think the Times would mind at all if we got the paper at the intro rate all the time, as long as it looks kosher on the books when the auditors come to check.

Maybe they used to be more strict in the past, but it looks like they're humbled now and just want to keep the numbers up to keep wooing the big money from advertisers.

This is alive again. Just signed up for Mon-Fri for less than $2 a week. Knot bad at ALL. Thanks Oh-Pee.

It is a great deal, they normally offer only 50% off for new subscribers although it is still an expensive paper. I am paying $20 a year for the ny journal news 7 day delivery which is not nearly as good as a read as the times but still a fraction of the cost.

Still alive but:

We are sorry, The New York Times home delivery is not currently offered in your area.

Living in the sticks $ucks

thanks OP..time to subscribe again!!

for me (New York) it is

7 Day Home Delivery -$2.55 per week
Monday Through Friday Delivery -$1.35 per week
Saturday and Sunday Delivery -$1.35 per week

Reeped. Thanks OP. Nice post.

This offer didn't work for me at this time around (March 2008) .

They sent me an email "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your order at this time. To subscribe, please contact The New York Times directly at 1-800-NYTIMES."

When I called The Times last week to cancel my subscription, they offered to continue at a 50% discount. Not as good as 75% but at least they're still interested in getting subscribers to stay. I'll update this thread if I find something better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014