• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Possibly other locations but Ikea is having their Semi Annual Sale in Houston. I've had good luck finding items I really wanted for even cheaper in the past. Swedish only have real sales twice a year so now is the time to buy something if you've been eyeing something.

Summer Sale!

The IKEA "It only happens twice a year" SALE! June 29 – July 8

The IKEA “It only happens twice a year” SALE starts is going on now with hundreds of selected over stocked and discontinued furnishings and accessories you won’t want to miss at 10-50% OFF our already low prices!

Store opens at 10am so hurry in early to beat the crowd, the prices are unbelievable!

Store hours:
July 4th: 10am-7pm
All other days: 10am-10pm

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

burbank First Ikea USA location has sale too.. i think it is nation wide

What is on sale?

I can confirm Emeryville, CA IKEA has this sale as well.

Sale is happening at the Round Rock store, according to that store's section of the web site.

"IKEA Summer Sale June 22 - July 8
20-60% off select items throughout the store!*"

Curiously, the Round Rock announcement also has this footnote which indicates the sale is not happening in Houston. Probably because the sale starts a week later at those stores.

"*Not all offers valid at IKEA Direct. Offer not valid at IKEA Stoughton, Houston, Seattle, San Diego or Draper."

I can't believe this place stays in business. I had read about it on here once before and was in Houston and happen to see one. Pulled in and all I saw was a bunch of imported JUNK!


Why is this place so popular?? Not only was the stuff imported but it looked terrible...

Maybe during a sale like this if stuff really is dirt cheap, it would be good for a college apartment or something of that sorts. I assume thats the business they thrive on.

Junk? compared to what? What do you expect for a $250 chest or $400 sofa? Real Cherry wood with a hand rubbed finish?

I've found Ikea stuff to be a good value.

Smart Money Magazine cut open some expensive furniture a few issues back. One item was an expensive chair from Pottery Barn and although it was 4x the price of an Ikea sofa it was made from the same particle board and foam. It was just bought from a fancy store.

Love my Jerker desks! All three of them!

troutmd said: Why is this place so popular?? Not only was the stuff imported but it looked terrible...

IKEA sells useful and functional furniture and housewares at reasonable prices. I appreciate that there is no particleboard in their stuff. Stylewise, the northern-European look of IKEA may not be everyone's cup of tea, but my family likes it.

troutmd said: I Pulled in and all I saw was a bunch of imported JUNK!

Why is this place so popular?? Not only was the stuff imported but it looked terrible...
Q]



Ummmm.I think it's fair to say that EVERY item in the store is imported.[/

troutmd said: I can't believe this place stays in business. I had read about it on here once before and was in Houston and happen to see one. Pulled in and all I saw was a bunch of imported JUNK!


Why is this place so popular?? Not only was the stuff imported but it looked terrible...

Maybe during a sale like this if stuff really is dirt cheap, it would be good for a college apartment or something of that sorts. I assume thats the business they thrive on.


I think you come to a wrong website, here in FW, we love cheap functional "junks". Almost all the posts are talking about cheap "junks". If the deal is for cheap "not junks", it's quite sure too late for you to see that.

BTW, what did you guys find in IKEA? Any real good deal?

It was busy as hell in the Round Rock store yesterday afternoon. Didn't see anything that was a screaming deal. I did pick up this cool mirror they have on sale though. Has an integrated LCD clock in it. Looks pretty sweet in the bedroom.

Ikea is awesome if you like contemporary/european design. My only beef is not being able to buy individual replacement parts. I put a few good gouges in the top of my computer desk when moving and would like to get a new top, but oh well. I'll live with it.

I was in the Round Rock IKEA this weekend and bought basically all the furniture in my apartment. This includes a Queen size bed(including frame, matress and the sheets and the quilt) 4-chair dining table, lamps and a sofa bed all for about $700. I dunno bout you guys but there sure aint any other place that can get you all that and actually make your place look respectable.

btw, the foam mattresses they have are amazing...not sure how long they last but sure do give me some night's sleep

TheGuru69 said: I was in the Round Rock IKEA this weekend and bought basically all the furniture in my apartment. This includes a Queen size bed(including frame, matress and the sheets and the quilt) 4-chair dining table, lamps and a sofa bed all for about $700. I dunno bout you guys but there sure aint any other place that can get you all that and actually make your place look respectable.

btw, the foam mattresses they have are amazing...not sure how long they last but sure do give me some night's sleep


I personally like their 'Latex' mattresses (without any pad)

Found this speaker stand (top left picture) at $9.99 for 2 pcs/set. Original price $29.99 or higher?
Compared to most other crappy speaker stands ask for $19.99, I think this is a good buy.

Hmbre97 said: My only beef is not being able to buy individual replacement parts. I put a few good gouges in the top of my computer desk when moving and would like to get a new top, but oh well. I'll live with it.

I just got a replacement part for a damaged bookcase during a recent move. It was at the Elizabeth, NJ store. You need to bring the original sales receipt for the item (thank god I saved it!) and the damaged part. In my case, the bookcase was still on sale at IKEA and I purchased it two years ago at the same store, so I don't know how they will handle discontinued models and receipts from a different store...

Anyway, I was so glad that I asked about any replacement part at the return desk. The customer rep told me that if there were any returned item in the back he would have been able to just give me a spare part without even asking for a receipt, but they didn't have any returned ones for my bookcase, so I returned to the store two weeks later with the receipt. It took some time (like almost half an hour or so) for them to search for the correct part in the back (it was a very busy Sunday), but all worked out well in the end.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014