• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CVS in DFW (Dallas/Ft. Worth) areas are having propane tank exchange for $12.99 this week thru 7/21. lowes, hd, WalMart are about $15ish so it may not be much. but $2 saved is $2 saved especially if you have a cvs right around your corner.

don't know if it's nationwide so check @ your locations.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon
http://www.bluerhino.com/br/pdf/TE_Web_Coupon.pdf

Whoa...since when does CVS get involved with propane tanks?
That would never happen here at a NY CVS.

forthill

dnnydao said: If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon

Careful with Blue Rhino, some have a proprietary "Tri-Safe II valve" which will not allow you to refill the tank on your own if you ever decide to.

My southern states refills for this price all the time.

of course they do. but the nearest refill station to my house is ~15 mi away. closest CVS is less than a mile. great if u are in a bind.
ideally they would have newtanks cuz they just started. hopefully they are not the proprietary crap mentioned above

dnnydao said: If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon

Waly world give you filled tank for $ 13~15, you can use 3$ rebate. still wal Mart is cheaper

arribasn said: dnnydao said: If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon

Careful with Blue Rhino, some have a proprietary "Tri-Safe II valve" which will not allow you to refill the tank on your own if you ever decide to.

I exchanged my old tank for a Blue Rhino and it wouldn't work with my BBQ. Had to go back to Orchard and return it and got someone elses empty tank. Then went to Home Depot and exchanged it for an Amerigas that worked.

I think Blue Rhino should merge with Blue Hippo and offer refills for the low low price of $19.95 per month with no credit check needed!

fentonpcrackshell said: of course they do. but the nearest refill station to my house is ~15 mi away. closest CVS is less than a mile. great if u are in a bind.
ideally they would have newtanks cuz they just started. hopefully they are not the proprietary crap mentioned above

My nearest CVS is right next door to Southern States, they are both about 2 miles away

I get it refilled at the Navy Base. About $9 a fill up.

NYCRule said: dnnydao said: If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon

Waly world give you filled tank for $ 13~15, you can use 3$ rebate. still wal Mart is cheaper

Hmmm...Are you sure. Here in central NJ, an refill/exchange is $15.XX and a new filled tank is $42.XX. Just checked the prices on 7/4/7.

Can someone HELP PLEASE?

I have a propane tank that hasn't been adapted to the new valve
safety standards.

I heard/saw somewhere that some stores will accept the tank as
a refill trade-in = no questions asked.

Do any of you know of a store that will do this?

If not, if you know how I can do it, let me know please.

If need be, you can send me a private message.

Thank You

Cajun

Wally mart will exchange new or old valve tanks for the same price (at least the store I go to in N. Wisconsin does).

NYCRule said: dnnydao said: If CVS has Blu Rhino then don't forget this $3 coupon

the price you quoted is for exchange only and not for a brand new filled tank which could cost around $45+. i bought a new empty one at costco for $20 so i will always have a spare.

b4, i could get a refill at a place for $10 but they're like 15 miles away. lowes, hd, WalMart are still 7-10 miles from me. cvs is just down the street so $12.99 is cheap and very convenient for me.

for those who does not have a new valve tank for exchange, try exchanging it at cvs because it's a newly thing and clerks may not be aware of valve standard.

Cajun said: .

Can someone HELP PLEASE?

I have a propane tank that hasn't been adapted to the new valve
safety standards.

I heard/saw somewhere that some stores will accept the tank as
a refill trade-in = no questions asked.

Do any of you know of a store that will do this?

If not, if you know how I can do it, let me know please.

If need be, you can send me a private message.

Thank You

Cajun

Lowes have taken all the old tanks and exchanged for $16+ now. Also I exchanged one with old valve at Albertsons (Amerigas) for like $14.99. WalMart exchange for old valve is like $35. They are way to high. At the Propane place I think it is like $10 to refill your tank with new valve.

My "empty" 5g tank took about 3 gallons. You'd be surprised how many locations can fill your tank, and here it's 2.39/gallon, so about $7.5 bucks to fill my tank. With the exchange program @ $12 not only are you paying $4 per gallon, you're giving them two gallons of propane free.

What a scam.

Where can one still get the tank refilled = not traded?

Cajun

TowHead said: My "empty" 5g tank took about 3 gallons. You'd be surprised how many locations can fill your tank, and here it's 2.39/gallon, so about $7.5 bucks to fill my tank. With the exchange program @ $12 not only are you paying $4 per gallon, you're giving them two gallons of propane free.

What a scam.
why call it a scam when you can share info where you get your 5g tank filled for $7.50?

majority of people (like me) aren't near a place where they can get refill for less. so i believe this is a very good price especially if cvs is just right around the corner.

Cajun said: Where can one still get the tank refilled = not traded?depends on where you live. By your handle I would guess your neighbors'.
seriously, try the internet. propane + your city would probably catch a few hits. some uhauls around here have refill stations

Well, I am in OKlahoma, and I usually went to U-Haul to refill it. The full tank takes about 4.7G, costs $12.XX 6 months ago, and it costs $15.XX couple of days ago. They raised the price?
Where is cheaper for refill that Oklahoma has?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014