• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this is state specific or nationwide. Just got a mailer to take it to memberships and get $10 off the $45 membership for 14 months of membership.

We have been waiting for this deal for a while, and planning to get membership tonight.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
> How do you think BJ's comparing to Costco.
> BJ's just opened a store nearby, I am think if it's any better than Costc... (more)

ComeOnNow (Aug. 01, 2007 @ 10:52p) |

So How can I save $10 on membership if I did not get the mailer?

170dude (Aug. 02, 2007 @ 12:24a) |

closest costs 30 miles here and no discount for me

iconian (Aug. 06, 2007 @ 11:12a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's extremely silly to pay someone for the "privilege" to shop at their store. Give me a break. RED

shingletingle said: It's extremely silly to pay someone for the "privilege" to shop at their store. Give me a break. RED

I'll love to know how to get FREE membership and will give you 500 Greens for that

shingletingle said: It's extremely silly to pay someone for the "privilege" to shop at their store. Give me a break. RED

the money I save just in gas pays for my membership !!!!!!!!!

jniles69 said: shingletingle said: It's extremely silly to pay someone for the "privilege" to shop at their store. Give me a break. RED

Exactly my logic - I spend less time going to 5 different super-markets, and can save more time to spend on real FW deals

k000 said: jniles69 said: shingletingle said: It's extremely silly to pay someone for the "privilege" to shop at their store. Give me a break. RED

Exactly my logic - I spend less time going to 5 different super-markets, and can save more time to spend on real FW deals

Actually I was refering to the gas station prices

Awww... I saw $10 off BJ's and I clicked the link... I didn't know you were talking about a store.

How do you think BJ's comparing to Costco.
BJ's just opened a store nearby, I am think if it's any better than Costco.

coliphage said: How do you think BJ's comparing to Costco.

I've had both over the years and prefer Costco hands down.

Think of it this way, do you see Costco offering $10 off and 2 months free??? I don't think so. There is a reason for that.

I have received coupons in the mail from time to time for a free 90day membership to BJ's. I have tried them out a few times. I still like Costco much better. There are two things that BJ's has going for it over Costco (at least my location here in NoVA). 1) BJ's is almost always deserted. I have never had to wait in line for a checkout at BJ's, even on the weekend it is like no one else is in the store. 2) BJ's refills propane tanks at the tire center at a discount.

Costco - no doubt.

But we moved to Central-South New jersey and there is no Costco nearby (at least 45 minutes drive) - so ending up taking BJ's.

I am a member of both.

I find that the the prices on Brand Name items to be usually the same.

I find that Costco is much more aggressive with their coupons and promotions than BJ's.

I find that the store brand items (aka private label items-- paper towels , trash bags , shampoo ... etc.) the Costco (Kirkland)items are of a much superior quality relative to BJ's (Berkley+Jensen)items.

I find that employees are much more helpful @ Costco.

I live in Weymouth Ma. and work in Dedham Ma. . Between home and work I am am a 10 minute drive from 3 BJ's and 2 Costco's...I go to Costco twice a month , I visit BJ's twice a year.

1) BJ's is almost always deserted. I have never had to wait in line for a checkout at BJ's, even on the weekend it is like no one else is in the store.

LOL ! I still remember standing in crazy rush in Edison Costco on weekends, we always ended up staying there and having our lunch with Costco pizza as we would be so exhausted

nice. discount on membership for BJs. now that's MAJOR...

hmm, free BJ? sounds interesting

hotdeal4me said: hmm, free BJ? sounds interesting

Even at $10 off and 2 month free, I would take it no questions asked!

Can anyone forward me the link ( If it is soft link).

I'm a BJ's member but i noticed a Costco nearby has a gas station also.

What is a BJ?... I mean, I do not think you mean what I think it means......

carpetclimber said: coliphage said: How do you think BJ's comparing to Costco.

I am a member of both.

I find that Costco is much more aggressive with their coupons and promotions than BJ's.

I find that the store brand items (aka private label items-- paper towels , trash bags , shampoo ... etc.) the Costco (Kirkland)items are of a much superior quality relative to BJ's (Berkley+Jensen)items.

I live in Weymouth Ma. and work in Dedham Ma. . Between home and work I am am a 10 minute drive from 3 BJ's and 2 Costco's...I go to Costco twice a month , I visit BJ's twice a year.

I don't know... that sounds funny to me the part about between home and work I am a 10 minute drive from 3 BJ'S , ....do you stop for a smoke after each one?

Also, each BJs warehouse club membership comes with 2 cards, which they allow you to register separately with another family member OR friend! The 2 card holders can have completely separate addresses!

This means that if you only need one card and have a friend who is also in the same situation, you literally can half your membership fee.

At least this is true in my state: NH

Do you need a coupon? We love to shop at BJs.

jomarrod said: What is a BJ?... I mean, I do not think you mean what I think it means......

Inconceivable!

I was a member of Sam's for years, and then a BJ's opened like 1 mile from me. I never heard of them before, so I figured I would give them a try since they take coupons and Sam's doesn't. I agree with others that say how empty the store always is, which is great since there are never any long lines to wait at the register (unlike Sam's, which was always a 30-minute wait).

Can't speak to anything about Costco, as I have never been, but overall I am very happy with BJ's.

snowie said: Also, each BJs warehouse club membership comes with 2 cards, which they allow you to register separately with another family member OR friend! The 2 card holders can have completely separate addresses!

This means that if you only need one card and have a friend who is also in the same situation, you literally can half your membership fee.

At least this is true in my state: NH
It's true at Sams and Costco as well. It is NOT true for the additional business member cards at BJ's (it is at Sam's, I don't think it is at Costco).

Costco is far superior, IMHO. Their bakery is much better. Their fish/deli area is way better. BJ's does take manufacturer's coupons and all credit cards. I have a BJ's 10 minutes from my house so we are members. But we are also members of Costco and travel 30 minutes to get to one. And BJ's almost never has samples.

Our BJ's has samples about half the times that I'm there, and almost always on weekends.
I was a Costco member ages ago, but am only a BJs member now, don't need both and Costco is farther away.

I have always been happy with the Berkley & Jensen brand items. They are better quality than many typical store brands.

Costco didn't have a Deli when I was a member, so I can't compare, but I love the Deli at our BJ's. Roast Beef - $11 everywhere else, $5.49 at BJ's, I could earn back my membership with 2-3 montsh worth of cold cuts! And my family loves the Rotisserie Chickens. Bigger, Juicier, and less expensive than the regular stores.

Sure, there are some items I prefer to get at the regular grocery store, but others I don't even bother looking anywhere else, because I know the BJ's price is better - particularly anything where you're not likely to find coupons anyway, like fresh meats. Hmmm... $4 a pound for 75% ground beef, or $2 for 85%... I wonder which is the better deal? Pork Chops... $5.99 or $2.39... the savings add up quickly if you're familiar with prices outside. There are plenty of items I could get cheaper, with a bit of work, but sometimes I don't want to spend my energy on the work.

What BJ's has while Sam's doesn't?

You can buy home heating oil through BJS club membership at a discount.

I hate BJ'S (the store ). I got my membership for only $20 or so after an offer I got in the mail, and their prices were decent for a while, but recently it just doesn't pay when comparing prices to the grocery store. The in store deli is the only part that is still a great value. Even BJ's gas is sometimes more than the indie full serve Citgo up the road! The only good thing about the membership is you can photocopy the barcode off the card, and then as long as your store has self-checkouts, nobody ever has to see your card

Any online link?

Zzz said: Any online link? Sorry, don't have link. But last time a sale like this was on about 5 months ago, you could just ask for it at the membership desk. One added benefit was that it was fully refundable if you canceled within 90 days and you got to keep the $10 credit off your first purchase. Not sure about this deal though.

bamadad said: Zzz said: Any online link? Sorry, don't have link. But last time a sale like this was on about 5 months ago, you could just ask for it at the membership desk. One added benefit was that it was fully refundable if you canceled within 90 days and you got to keep the $10 credit off your first purchase. Not sure about this deal though.

Correct - no soft link. I got it in snail mail, and there is no coupon. Usually you just need to goto their customer service desk and it's open to all.

carpetclimber said: coliphage said: How do you think BJ's comparing to Costco.

I am a member of both.

Ditto for everything. I have been members of both. My BJ's end in September and I will not renew - waste of money if you have both in your area. I have not even been there in about 6 months. It seems more lower class to me than a Costco (darker aisles, not as clean, more small useless stuff that you would not normally buy in a Club store, useless employees (Edison, NJ) if you need help. Only good thing is there is hardly ever a line there (or maybe that just shows something).

k000 said: Correct - no soft link. I got it in snail mail, and there is no coupon. Usually you just need to goto their customer service desk and it's open to all.Right. So long as you know the offer you want, they should be able to give it to you.

BTW, BJ's has express lines and self-scanning, in case your club IS busy. My local club tends to have only a couple of registers open in off-peak times, which DOES lead to lines even when it's not very busy.

billrubin said: k000 said: Correct - no soft link. I got it in snail mail, and there is no coupon. Usually you just need to goto their customer service desk and it's open to all.Right. So long as you know the offer you want, they should be able to give it to you.

BTW, BJ's has express lines and self-scanning, in case your club IS busy. My local club tends to have only a couple of registers open in off-peak times, which DOES lead to lines even when it's not very busy.

And the most advantage I get out from BJs is by double dipping my coupons at the self-scanning registers. I scan most of the coupon twice and the machine does not complain. Can Costco match that?

And the most advantage I get out from BJs is by double dipping my coupons at the self-scanning registers. I scan most of the coupon twice and the machine does not complain. Can Costco match that?

I don't have to scan coupons twice at Costco, they have great coupons they give me all the time. Better deals and I like it better there. Plus, I don't have to meet sarcastic folks like this one at BJ's! Can you beat that!?! Didn't think so!

I have shopped both for over a year, Costco wins about 80% of the time, but at BJs you can often get a free membership from one month up to three months on specials that come by coupons/mailers. Costco is more strict, in fact the only "membership" deal I have seen, is the America Express gift card deal from another FW thread valid thru the end of this August.

silverknight010 said: Awww... I saw $10 off BJ's and I clicked the link... I didn't know you were talking about a store.

Same, and was trying to decide between this and the mini massager.

Skipping 12 Messages...
closest costs 30 miles here and no discount for me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014