• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sams in Baton Rouge has the Little Giant Ladder Model 1a - 22 for $248. The regular price at Sams was $299. I don't know if this is local only or clearance. $299 was the lowest price I have seen for this ladder. Better yet, Sams has the ladders on their site online auction. I was able to purchase one for $93. The total with tax and shipping was $197. Almost as cheap as the lower quality imitations.

Update: OK Guys, I was not 100% certain it is mod 22. It had been several months since I checked out the ladder in Sams. I remember thinking the ladder was a good deal compared to Sears because of it's length. I also compared the pictures. The 17 foot model has 4 rungs in the closed position the 22 feet has 5 rungs in the closed position. I decided to eat lunch at Sams and check out the ladder. I was correct, it is Model 22 1a.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have an imitation one. Its fine for home use. The $100 Costco Werner ladder.

If anyone wants a decent ladder check Home Depot for some clearance buys. I just picked up a 17' Gorilla ladder. It was a limited edition model that included many accessories. It's well made, comes with a lifetime warranty, and is as good as the Lil Giant. Price was $129.

Not sure if i'd go cheap on ladders. Little giant has help up nicely so far.

jprouge said: Sams in Baton Rouge has the Little Giant Ladder Model 1a - 22 for $248. The regular price at Sams was $299. I don't know if this is local only or clearance. $299 was the lowest price I have seen for this ladder. Better yet, Sams has the ladders on their site online auction. I was able to purchase one for $93. The total with tax and shipping was $197. Almost as cheap as the lower quality imitations.

How do you know which type of ladder from the auction site?

knov87 said: How do you know which type of ladder from the auction site?

I had the same question. You can tell the model (1a) from the weight rating, but there is no indication of length.

I have both the 22' LG (Paid $319 2 years ago) and the 17' Cosco (paid $59). The LG is far superior to the Cosco. There are lips at the slot holes (waiting on sarcastic remarks) that prevent the pins from sliding in easily. You have to manually put them in. With the LG, the pins just slide into the slots. The 17' Cosco weighs as much as my 22' LG.

kanderna said: knov87 said: How do you know which type of ladder from the auction site?

I had the same question. You can tell the model (1a) from the weight rating, but there is no indication of length.


I called Sam's CS. They were no help, they have no clues...
Anyway, some dude name H. S. from 24179 put the bids on all of them which drive the price up.
The dude must be in the ladder retailer business; he won pretty much all of them.

Mine got shipped. UPS says the weight is 45.5 lbs.
I guess it is the Model 22 which list at $400 at LittleGiantLadder

Update 8/14/07: OK Guys, I was not 100% certain it is mod 22. It had been several months since I checked out the ladder in Sams. I remember thinking the ladder was a good deal compared to Sears because of it's length. I also compared the pictures. The 17 foot model has 4 rungs in the closed position the 22 feet has 5 rungs in the closed position. I decided to eat lunch at Sams and check out the ladder. I was correct, it is Model 22 1a.





Update 8/16/07: I received mine yesterday and yes it is model 22 1a. There is one problem, it doesn't have wheels. I called Sams (number was on website)because it says Tip & Glide wheel system in the ad. The woman agreed, assigned a case number and a representative is suppose to call with 36 hours. I checked the ladders in the store and they were without wheels too. I checked LG's web page, models manufactured before 2006 did not have wheels and they sell the wheels in a kit for $39. I am waiting to see how Sams will handle this matter.

nm

BigIsland

I got my Craftsman Club magazine the other day, and its showing $219.

I believe the one in Craftsman Club is Model type 1, M17, not type 1a, M22. It is a 17 ft ladder rated at 250 lbs., the 1a M22 is 22 ft, rated at 300 lbs.

Update 8-22-07: After three calls to Sams I got them to refund $45 to cover the cost of buying wheels. I told them they continued to advertise the ladders as having wheels even after I told them it was not true - isn't that false advertising; plus the only way the rules state something can be returned is if it was damaged or defective and the ladder was neither; the rules also state when a bid was submitted it was legally binding - shouldn't that be true for them also; and last, they state satisfaction guaranteed I was not satisfied

jprouge said: Update 8-22-07: After three calls to Sams I got them to refund $45 to cover the cost of buying wheels. I told them they continued to advertise the ladders as having wheels even after I told them it was not true - isn't that false advertising; plus the only way the rules state something can be returned is if it was damaged or defective and the ladder was neither; the rules also state when a bid was submitted it was legally binding - shouldn't that be true for them also; and last, they state satisfaction guaranteed I was not satisfied

Thanks for the update. Mine arrives tomorrow, so I'll likely have to go through the exact same process.

Awesome. The Little Giant is made is USA, and built like a tank. I try to avoid 'made in china' when it comes to items like this. And yes, I realize that China produces quality products. Some of them include poison pet food, lead-lined toys, and counterfeit capacitors in electronic products.

jprouge said: Update 8-22-07: After three calls to Sams I got them to refund $45 to cover the cost of buying wheels. I told them they continued to advertise the ladders as having wheels even after I told them it was not true - isn't that false advertising; plus the only way the rules state something can be returned is if it was damaged or defective and the ladder was neither; the rules also state when a bid was submitted it was legally binding - shouldn't that be true for them also; and last, they state satisfaction guaranteed I was not satisfied

I wasn't as lucky. Called and complained about the wheel system not being included, and he said all they could do was give me a full refund. They couldn't send me replacement parts or further discount it. I'll give another shot tomorrow. May be out of luck.

Picked up the last one yesterday for $174.10 at my local Sams Club. There still around, go get'em.

Mike



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014