• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
YMMV

Kmart B&M

I was in kmart and noticed that all of the BRINKS brand of fire safes were being clearanced at 75% off.

The smallest was the BRINKS model 5035 [which is NOT small for a "fire safe" storage box].
The model 5035 had a clearance price of $11.00 [WAS $44.00].
picture

There were two types of traditional looking Safes [with both a combination dial and key lock].
The smaller safe was priced at $25.00 [was $99.99].

[Sorry. I don't have the model number. But it weighed in at 55lbs]

A larger fire safe was priced at $37.50 [Was $149.99]

Apparently the company SISCO had a partnership with BRINKS, that was formed years ago.

Now SISCO has teamed up with Honeywell.

Kmart is clearancing the BRINKS brand fire safes and switching to Honeywell brand to be their new product line.

Member Summary
Braintree, MA oos
Herkimer NY oos

5 off 50 kmart thread
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You are the queen of the Kmart deals!

Sweet!

Herkimer NY store 13350 has already replaced their safes with the new Honeywell ones. No deal there!

All three kmart in my area have switched to honeywell. No Brinks left.

You should change the title to "HUGE YMMV"

I checked 3 stores in the Detroit area and all they have is the Honeywell safes.

Has anybody other that the OP found one?

Just scored a Brinks 5054D in Farmington Hills, MI.
Tagged at $157.49 and rang up at $39.00. Key and digital keypad. Very nice but the last one at the store. There was a Brinks Drawer/Wall safe with keypad and key at the NW Detroit store at Telegraph and 8 Mile Rd. It was still there when I left.

Went to a store near work at lunch today and not a Brinks to be found. Stopped by another store this evening and they had 1 safe and 2 different strong boxes. Only problem is that they were all floor models and very banged up and had no keys and the safe combo sticker was removed from the inside door rendering them useless for me.

I stopped by the Kmart in Moorestown, NJ today. They had 25% off on safes.

That had to be the most visually unappealing store I have ever seen. Even had the "pleasure" of being asked by an employee where merchandise went.

Joy.

Or not.

None in either store in Jackson, Michigan

wow is it just me or there a ton of FWers in michigan, will be checking out the kmarts in my area, let you guys know if i find any.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014