• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Garmin Forerunner 305 w/ heart rate monitor $148 AR PM

This is kind of a repost, but it was embedded within another thread for a Garmin car GPS deal. If you look to compare prices, keep in mind the 305 unit is sold with a heart rate monitor, but it is also sold without the heart rate monitor.

Thanks goes to Yuyak.

Zappos Forerunner 305 $380

PM to Buydig.com here $214

$50 Powerbar Rebate here
This rebate form link is exactly where you would be sent if you went through the process of signing up at the powerbar website, so I don't think you have to actually sign up.

Zappos has 110% pricematch policy. Their website says they take orders 24/7 (800-927-7671).

It works out to $147 shipped (I don't think Zappos charges tax anywhere).

I'm not a pricematch type of a guy, but it was VERY easy. I was on the phone with Zappos for no longer than 4-5 minutes.

Amazon Reviews

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
not a bad price. if you're a costco member get it for $129 AR + tax or try to PM to Zappos for $119:

http://www.fatwalle... (more)

aaronsw (Nov. 27, 2007 @ 12:31p) |

Thanks -- not sure how I missed that!

noone (Nov. 27, 2007 @ 12:49p) |

Shoot, anybody have the rebate form? they took it down.

frugalmail (Dec. 12, 2007 @ 6:44p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ha! Thanks OP! I was just researching them today about an hour ago

OP I am not sure how I can ever repay you for this, but if I can, I will.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a rebate for the FR205, since I don't need the HR monitor. Anyway, another PM possibility at
TheNerds
Their price is $203.

gacsinger said: Too bad there doesn't seem to be a rebate for the FR205, since I don't need the HR monitor. Anyway, another PM possibility at
TheNerds
Their price is $203.
That brings the AR/PM price down to about $135! Any better deals before I jump on this?

nevus said:
Thanks goes to Yuyak.

Haha, thanks for the acknowledgment. I'm glad you put this up as a separate post, especially seeing how people are taking advantage of the deal. I never ended up getting this because I didn't really NEED it and I had already spent way too much money recently, on things "I didn't really NEED", thanks to FW. I still think this is a spectacular price.

Zappos will account for shipping in a pricematch so Buydig is still cheaper by a few bucks.

I have the older 305 and would love to get this one and sell my other one ....

So tempted ....

I also want to point out that I do my price match through their online chat. I place the order and have the order number and link to the place being price matched ready. They check the link and tell me that they will be crediting me $x on my purchase. Very easy process.

Freaking awesome! I ordered the Garmin Edge 305 with HR+Speed/Cadence, Zappos had it for $436.95, TheNerds had it for $251.15, so I was pricematched 110% at $251.91 (with shipping). Add in the $75 Powerbar rebate, that makes it $176.91. It's hard to beat that.
Green for you!

Edit: Of course I forgot the 7% Cash Back since I was so excited (of course, it does say that "Communication with Zappos via phone may void Cash Back").

Just PM to Electronics HQ for $208 with FS. Yeah baby!

Shipdog.com has it for $207. the Edge 305HR+ Speed/Cad is $262. free shipping.

Damn, I've been waiting for something like this for a while - THANKS!!

BTW- Took the Edge 305, PM against TheNerds. $176.91 after all said and done. We'll see if I score the extra 7% PM.. Damn, $164.53 would be really sweet!

Successful PM to Electronic HQ (ehqonline.com). My price came to $190. Now just mail in the rebate, and I'll end up paying $140. Thanks OP. My wife had just bought the exact same item a few days ago from costco.com at close to $240 all incl. This saved me $100. Great deal. PS I ordered online and called them a few minutes later for a PM.

OK, here is something I never expected. I just got a call from the sales representative at Zappos who said that as he hung up with me, he overheard the rep next to him price matching someone to Shipdog for $7.14 less than Buydig. So he was calling to tell me he was crediting the difference to my card. They just got themselves a loyal customer.

just pm'd to shipdog
thanks for the deal

thanks a lot OP & kudos to Zappos. in this day & age of Staples/OD PMs where either item "mysteriously" goes out-of-stock or website "error/hacking", Zappos is a rarity. it may not last long (and thats ok) but they at least do not make you feel like "demons" by keeping you on hold forever or making up any bs excuses. far from it, their CS is simply outstanding.

i got the Edge w/ everything. the rebate better be valid OP, or i may have to start thinking about "repaying" your favor for making me spend $150+ on something... sigh.. another thing that i absolutely didnt need but will love to have. same ol' story. time to pass on the Polar CS to bil.

deshwasi said: thanks a lot OP & kudos to Zappos. in this day & age of Staples/OD PMs where either item "mysteriously" goes out-of-stock or website "error/hacking", Zappos is a rarity. it may not last long (and thats ok) but they at least do not make you feel like "demons" by keeping you on hold forever or making up any bs excuses. far from it, their CS is simply outstanding.

i got the Edge w/ everything. the rebate better be valid OP, or i may have to start thinking about "repaying" your favor for making me spend $150+ on something... sigh.. another thing that i absolutely didnt need but will love to have. same ol' story. time to pass on the Polar CS to bil.

The rebate is real. The link OP posted is the link I had originally posted in the other thread. I got that rebate via signing up for the PowerBar Newsletter (which I only signed up for, just so I can get the rebate). If you're curious, you can go to http://www.powerbar.com/Newsletter/ and confirm it.

How does this compare to the Timex device from this thread?

Ordered last night, did PM in 2 minutes this AM online, arrived just after noon today. I am amazed! Thanks OP and others. I got 201 last year from a FW deal and wife took it. Now I have my own.

nice bait & switch with the wife there..

Hmm...might be dead. I can't get it to add to the cart now.

I think that Zappos ran out of stock.

dang fatwallet effect. and I was only able to get six of them.

its a long time to the end-of-rebate. if anything it should be cheaper if you can wait... just like evrything else i guess

Well, just keep your eye on their site for a while. That happened with the Garmin Nuvi 350 and the Garmin c330, but they both came back in stock after a week or so.

If you can't wait, you can still get it from one of the other vendors mentioned and still use the rebate (not store specific). You won't get the 110% PM, but it'll still be in the ~$150 range which is still pretty nice.

With the 201 I was able to use a car adapter for something else (cell phone?) and it was about $5 instead of buying the Garmin one. I'll try to find out what it is and if it works with the 305 and post here. So don't spend $$$ for the Garmin adapter yet.

Update: Car adapter is different than the one for the 201. The ones for the 305 are around $11 on eBay.

I ordered yesterday, and it arrived today. Zappos is great.

I should point out for you cyclists with multiple bikes, the Edge comes with two sets of bike mounts.

I sent in my rebate a week ago and got an email confirming it was valid 3 days later. I've never gotten notification so fast.

Awesome Deal- Thanks OP! Total $190 shipped minus $50 $140 total AR!!
FW Rocks!!!!

Back in stock as of 8/29/07.

in for 1
my wallet is getting thinner here!

Just got in. PM to shipdog.com took about 10 minutes on the online chat.

Forerunner rebate turnaround took 3.5 weeks for me. Never got a rebate that fast before.

In for one, thank you.

Wow, I just looked online and TheNerds has the Edge 305CAD listed for $220..

EDIT: Nevermind. This doesn't come with the heart rate monitor.. $269 at WalMart if anyone still wants the full package...

I'm in for one. PM'd ehqonline.com & it came to $192. Minus the $50, that'll put me at around $142. I'm loving it! That's less that what my buddies paid for the 205 a few months ago. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

man thats a sweet deal.. but i think im going to hold out until after october when Garmin launches their 605 and 705 models which are in color and you can load maps to them via wireless and memory card.. before people freak out yes it does cost more.. but shoot the features are bad ass!!

Check em out:
Link to 650 and 705

I had missed this thread, thank goodness someone updated it. In for one, 193 minus rebate after PM to shipdog. Good thing I didn't jump on this ealier.

Thanks OP!

I see nothing prohibiting multiple rebates. Has anyone done more than one?

Skipping 7 Messages...
Shoot, anybody have the rebate form? they took it down.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014