yellow7 Dig. Biggest + 3 meg + Telephone $129.97
red1 Digital Big Value + telephone $69.98
red2 Digital Biggest Value + 5meg internet $99.98
red3 Dig Big Value + 5meg + telephone $109.97
red4 Dig. Big Value + 5meg $79.98
red5 Dig. Biggest + 5 meg + Telephone $129.97
red6 Dig. Big Value + 3meg + Telephone $99.97
red7 Dig. Biggest + 3 meg + Telephone $119.97

Green, blue and white also work. Not awesome deals, but rarely do they do decent package prices for existing customers...

Phone number given was 866-517-6152

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Green for op! Got my HD cable/5meg internet combo down from $126 to $102 for 12 months using this info.

gaijin4life (Sep. 18, 2007 @ 5:08p) |

I just got their $15 for 12 months 3 meg cable service. also the trap went bye bye on my line so watching tv is easy. he... (more)

packersrule (Sep. 18, 2007 @ 5:20p) |

Thanks OP, I'm giving these codes to my gf, who is not a fatwallet user.

Green for you, nice effort!

fulbuyer (Sep. 18, 2007 @ 7:52p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you for visiting Charter.com. To view your special offer, please enter the promotional code as listed on the letter you received in the mail.

HoldenMyOwn said: Thank you for visiting Charter.com. To view your special offer, please enter the promotional code as listed on the letter you received in the mail.

Obviously you aren't living up to your alias of "HoldenMyOwn" It's obvious the 'codes' are listed to the left margain of the offer, which the OP provided.

Some of those 12 month offers aren't too bad, but I stay away from the 6 month ones.

I find I get the best deals from retentions. Throw the words Dish and DSL at them, and they are pretty quick to offer some good deals. My grandparents got Big Value Package + 3m HSI for $59.99 for 12 months, and I got basic Expanded + 3meg for $29.99 for 12 months back in february or march. I find it works best if you find an actual deal that Dish or DirecTV is offering that is a bundle with Verizon or AT&T DSL....you tell them you can combo up your TV and internet for $59.99 and they'll offer you the same or better. I've sort of become the Charter liason for my family, I have two sets of grandparents who use charter, I use Charter, and my parents as well as my aunt & uncle all are stuck with this horrible company. But I've gotten pretty lucky using the old "To disconnect or remove services, press 5" option.

Charter has the most stupid ignorant customer service persons.
This bimbo told me I would not have anymore eMail if I quit them.
She insinuated you get one set of eMails addys for life and the ones thru them would be it.

careful. I just tried one that was supposed to be biggest + 5 meg for $89.98 x 12 months, but after submitting it, it changed to bigger + 5meg for 6 months.

i would get the special for 20$ but they want to charge me 50$ to remove the trap on my line?they want to give me a 50$ rebate but they get to wait 4 months and their terms say they can change them at any time for any reason?blow me charter!

yesidonoitall said: Charter has the most stupid ignorant customer service persons.
This bimbo told me I would not have anymore eMail if I quit them.
She insinuated you get one set of eMails addys for life and the ones thru them would be it.

I had one guy in retention call me a liar, because I told him I was going to be getting 3meg DSL instead of Charter's HSI. He claimed there was NO SUCH THING as 3meg DSL, and insisted that the fastest DSL can theoretically provide is 1.5mbps. I tried informing him that there is actually 7meg DSL availalbe in many areas, at which point he hung up on me.

I've had to call this company so many times, I have their 866-499-8080 number memorized. I read an article somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) that ranked Charter as the 2nd worst rated cable company in the nation. And I believe it.

Charter is the pits.

I have talked to too many other tech support people from Charter who came to work for the cable company I work for. What they told me isn't pretty. Half the time their service didn't work, entire states dropped. In addition, Charter is actually ranked the lowest of the low on service.

Don't go Charter.

The CSR I got yelled at me, what a joke Charter is.

here's another code

Cable tv + High Speed Internet (3M) + Telephone (unlimited local and long distabce) --> $69.97 for 12 month

Expires 9/21/07
Offer code: CD-WM-1644-12591

Graphixv said: Charter is the pits.

I have talked to too many other tech support people from Charter who came to work for the cable company I work for. What they told me isn't pretty. Half the time their service didn't work, entire states dropped. In addition, Charter is actually ranked the lowest of the low on service.

Don't go Charter.

It would be great if there were choices, but the cable companies still have their little controlled monopolies. Maybe lawmakers could do something useful for once and OPEN UP SOME COMPETITION!!!! and I'm not talking just about satellite, either.

pjs22 said: Graphixv said: Charter is the pits.

Don't go Charter.

It would be great if there were choices, but the cable companies still have their little controlled monopolies. Maybe lawmakers could do something useful for once and OPEN UP SOME COMPETITION!!!! and I'm not talking just about satellite, either.

Competition would require running new wires, very costly for another service to come in.

yesidonoitall said: pjs22 said: Graphixv said: Charter is the pits.

Don't go Charter.

Competition would require running new wires, very costly for another service to come in.

Now the day they can do it wirelessly (and they can now) or over the phone line, then watch the prices tumble.

I had Charter comm when I was back in college.
Although their cust. service did not know what the hell they were talking about, their onsite tech agents did.
I am an engineering major. When the Charter "tech support" told me that the "noise and signal ratio does not matter", I took out my signal and comm. book and read off the chapter on signal noises. Needless to say, she sent a tech that day =).

In addition: I had a 45 dollar 3-5 Meg line divided between 5 computers, 3 laptops and 3 TVs + 1 computer TV.
That was hands down one of the best deals ever. The Cable Guy gave me the splitters too =)

. Many people in my area have charter and it works fine. I never call for support. Its only down a few hours per year. Alot of us have switched to charter for phone too. $70/m is about the cheapest we have gotten. Wasn't hard to add phone for exsiting charter customers. No threat or codes. Just called and asked for it. We get 5mb internet too. So it is always YMMV.

Price wise and customer service they stink. I have had their internet and TV for years just because there is nothing else and it rarely goes down though. TV only went down once in a couple years and that was because there was construction on the street and they must have hit a line. Internet stays up without interuption for weeks.

I agree with the last two, the reliability of Charter service here in Greenville, SC is actually quite good I very rarely experience outages... BUT if you've got an issue on your bill or are just converting over to them or want to change package or something then you are in for a real ride because you've got to call their horrible customer service. When we moved to new address my sister litterally spent about 4hrs/day on the phone 3 days in a row trying to get it working and it was just one nightmare after another, someone kept mysteriously cancelling and rescheduling our appointments and we live on the internet. Now my sis is moving out and I'm trying to weigh my options of DSL/Verizon EV-DO with satellite or just Charter cable... Charter's prices aren't the greatest either and I really really hate giving money to a company that I can't stand, so Charter is at the bottom of my list of options right now.

ThunderShaft said: I had Charter comm when I was back in college.
Although their cust. service did not know what the hell they were talking about, their onsite tech agents did.
I am an engineering major. When the Charter "tech support" told me that the "noise and signal ratio does not matter", I took out my signal and comm. book and read off the chapter on signal noises. Needless to say, she sent a tech that day =).

In addition: I had a 45 dollar 3-5 Meg line divided between 5 computers, 3 laptops and 3 TVs + 1 computer TV.
That was hands down one of the best deals ever. The Cable Guy gave me the splitters too =)

I've had some terrible experiences with their subcontracted on-site technicians as well. Our modem kept kicking offline, and the problem was that our signal strength was too HIGH. It was like +28dbmv at the tap, and there was so little loss through the lines that it was like +23dbmv by the time it got to our modem. The tech himself gave me these measurements. I thought that part was cool. Then he proceeded to tell me that it was NOT the problem, that he actually LIKES his signal levels higher like that "because it lets you download faster". I tried to explain to him the basics, how it should be -12 to +12dbmv, etcetera, and he was totally clueless. I sent him home, got another tech out, and they recognized that the signal was too high, thus causing the problem, and fixed it.

Weird!!! I just got my THIRD call on the phone since trying this on-line the day it was posted. Guy on the phone asked me if I was satisfied with my recent service request, I explained there had been none since they refused to honor the deal on line and the last two CSR's that called me since also refused. He was very apollogetic and asked if I had gotten a mailing, I said YES and he promptly upped my Cable to 10meg and gave me the biggest movie package for six months for $99, comes to $106 with tax and box charge, $30 less than I was paying, now this is only for 6 months but I'll take it. I'm assuming someone may have actually reviewed one of my recored or transcripted (on-line) sessions and hence the THIRD call. I almost hung up on them Anyone else experince multiple calls like this?

OP, how did you go about getting these reductions in rates? you are a current customer correct?

Right now I am paying 60.99 for Big Value, 14.98 for DVR, and 5M HSI for 48.99.

the code red4 looks like the equivalent of what I have minus the DVR, but hopefully they could just take on the 14.98.

Thanks!

driggers said: OP, how did you go about getting these reductions in rates? you are a current customer correct?

Right now I am paying 60.99 for Big Value, 14.98 for DVR, and 5M HSI for 48.99.

the code red4 looks like the equivalent of what I have minus the DVR, but hopefully they could just take on the 14.98.

Thanks!

RE:
OP, how did you go about getting these reductions in rates?

In my exp....
Charter will give deals when you call in to quit....
I had only cable internet, DSL was not available at the time, they were charging $43.xx.
I called to can about a year later because DSL was now ready for me in my area.
They quickly came down to meet DSL which was about $29.99 with no phone line.

Green for op! Got my HD cable/5meg internet combo down from $126 to $102 for 12 months using this info.

I just got their $15 for 12 months 3 meg cable service. also the trap went bye bye on my line so watching tv is easy. hee hee

Thanks OP, I'm giving these codes to my gf, who is not a fatwallet user.

Green for you, nice effort!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014