• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from my local Sam's Club (South Jersey). They have two treadmills WAY marked down. Just about half price on each of them.

Link to MFG description and $1399.99 selling price
Healthrider TV Treadmill
$493.81 regular $999.99
2.5 continuous horsepower
20x55 belt, cushion deck
7" widescreen tv w/ speakers
12yr motor/1yr parts & labor
model # HRTL89406

Link to treadmill at Sam's Club
Proform C525 Treadmill
$273.81 regular $699.99
2.75 HP
19x50 belt; 10% power incline
quick speed up to 10mph
2 heartrate and 6 programs
10yr motor/90day parts & labor
model # PFTL49406

On another note, they also had a HUGE wooden swingset for $1199 on clearance. That was previously over $2000. Didn't get the model number or anything on it but it's the only swingset they've ever had. It has a big green slide, a enclosed fort on the top, etc...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Let me know when you put it up on Craigslist for $35.

laidbacklarkin (Oct. 27, 2007 @ 1:26p) |

KrapZoo400 has a hot SPA built in to it.

ramba (Nov. 23, 2007 @ 4:05p) |

Is the Amazon Goldbox (today) Treadmill any good. Its a Horizon T73 for $649/shipped... If its a good treadmill and a ... (more)

Plissken (Dec. 27, 2007 @ 6:42a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've had the TV treadmill for about 1 year. No problems with it, a great value.

The swingset has been $1199 since they put it outin the spring. I want to get it and I check the price every time. A good deal at $1199, but I'm waiting for the clearance price drop.

On the tv embedded treadmill...what inputs can you put into the TV? RCA? Coax cable? Does it have a tuner or not?

I will check it out near me tomm. Sounds like a good deal. My old treadmill conked out.

Rob

What club in S Jersey ?

Thanks OP I got one and it looks great.
Item# 195613 HealthRider TV Treadmill
$493.81*1.06= $523.44

5 left in stock Utica, MI ... I believe this is nationwide.

Saw the Healthrider today for $400.00 at Sams. Is this thing any good. My old treadmill is broken and was not reliable (I bought a used Trotter-very old though) I want to use this for running and walking. will it hold up for running? I heard that these home units have a weak motor which are not very durable. This is the only thing I would consider the Sams extended warranty as I know there is a great chance it will break at some point. Appreciate the help. I live in South fla and it is hot as hell here!

Sams also shows the treadmil on their auction site

Sams Auctions

Rob

The treadmill has 1 spot for a coaxial cable and it does have a tuner... you can plug your cable wire directly in or you can hook up a dvd player...

The warranty is not the best ... If you can get it for $400 it's a no brainer ... at that price I wouldn't feel too bad if I got 5 years of constant use and had to toss it ... play it safe, get the SAMs extended warranty ...

I paid $600 and I'm happy 1 year later

I got one in Nashville TN @ $493. Thanks OP!

Sam's doesn't have delivery do they?

Sams does not have delivery unless you order form their website and pay for ltl carrier delivery. Also the price is more if you buy from the Sams auction. I wonder if I can fit this beast in the back of my brothers Honda Pilot to get it home. The big problem for me will be to get my old treadmill down two flights of stairs. I am going need sme big strong guys for that.

Rob

beaglewoodstock said: Sam's doesn't have delivery do they?
no they dont. cuz i already tried. Thanks

Scored one at the Langhorne PA location. The guy was really helpful in loading it up in the back of my pickup truck. Thanks to a buddy was able to slide it down the stairs to the basement - total install time around 30 mins. Don't forget to plug in the magnetic safety pin when powering on (forgot about this lil thing and it had me worried for a bit there)

Total cost $523.xx

What is the difference between Sam's club and Costco? I do not want to pay both memberships.

bloodmire said: The guy was really helpful in loading it up in the back of my pickup truck. Thanks to a buddy was able to slide it down the stairs to the basement

The guy at Sams loaded it the truck. I left it there since it is just me and my wife and it appeared to heavy to do ourselves. I have to go up two flights of stairs with it. I had hoped to find the weight online, but no info. Just how heavy is this thing?

You are looking at around 300+ lbs. Problem is u cant take it apart because inside the box, besides the TV console, everything else is already assembled.

We used the Forearm Forkliftto lift it off the truck and bring indoors. Its great fro loads on flat surfaces, but on a slope, u can't really do much.

I would recommend using this Shoulder Forklift

Assembly of the treamill shd take around 45 minutes...

I got one in Timonium, MD. The computer showed 4 in the store, including the display, but there was only one in decent shape. One of the other boxes was ripped to shreds and one was only partially boxed. Haven't set it up yet, but it looks to be in brand new condition. Great price, OP.

I'm going to have to pass. Those bars look like they would be very poor to hang clothing on...

bloodmire said: What club in S Jersey ?

It was on the corner of Berlin Cross Keys Road and Rte 42. Not sure what town that is...Williamstown maybe?

do you have to be a sam's club member to make an in-store purchase?

marcc said: do you have to be a sam's club member to make an in-store purchase?

they always have sam's club magazines on the customer service counters. in the magazine there is a coupon for a free day's pass to sam's. it's like 10-15 pages in. so either ask nicely at the door if you can grab one because you want to check the store out, or tell them you need to speak to customer service when you get to the door, then grab one of the day passes.

Thanks OP!! Got one (Health rider $492.71) today in Atlanta, Buford, Mall of GA club. Went to Snellville, GA store, none in stock. I thought about the Proform, but when you see them together, you can instantly see the difference in the quality & options. I had been in the market for one, not necessarily today, but this is such a good deal, it was worth the time & money!!! Now my mother wants one,hers is about done & she uses it everyday, so we will get hers on sat. I have an SUV (4-runner, just put the 2 back seats down) & it fit just fine. Can't wait to get it set up!! Thanks again!!

SVTour98 said: marcc said: do you have to be a sam's club member to make an in-store purchase?

they always have sam's club magazines on the customer service counters. in the magazine there is a coupon for a free day's pass to sam's. it's like 10-15 pages in. so either ask nicely at the door if you can grab one because you want to check the store out, or tell them you need to speak to customer service when you get to the door, then grab one of the day passes.

Thank you!

I set it up today and purchased the Surge Suppressor for it. What a great machine, very smooth and lots of featurs, i love the custom program the most. Thanks OP

FWIW Treadmill Dr and ConsumerReasearch both praised the Proform C525 pretty well. As long as you know what you are getting. But the best value under $500

In for one from Sams, Gwinnett Mall, Atlanta. I got the last in-the-box unit for $513, or $20 more than the OP's price, but still a good deal. There was a floor model left and when I went by later to pick up mine, the clerk said they sold the floor model for $275!!!! Damn!

It is VERY heavy, plan on three or four people if you have to go upstairs rather than down.

And seems very nice, although the manual is a bit vague and confusing. 30 minutes to set up, once we got the beast upstairs.

Thanks for the post OP! My wife wants a new treadmill and you just saved (or cost me) a bunch!

Deleted due to my stupidity.

Proform is on sale at local Sam's but Healthrider is not. Anone else in the same boat? I did have them scan the tag.

Thanks. I got one at my local sams in Sugar Land, TX. Marked it as $538 and had one item in the box and another open item. They sold the same boxed item to me and also to someone else just before I purchased. I ended up getting open box item with additional discount, finally price $450 + tax.

I got home and looked at, but key is missing. Just called the manufacturer and will be getting it in a week time.

Proform was on sale at $268.
Great purchase!!!

Picked up the last boxed proform one at the Sugar Land sam's for $200.05. Thanks op.

Sam's Club offers 3 years extended warranty parts and labor for $79.03. and Healthrider offers 4 years extended warranty parts and labor for $119. So which one would u go with as far as reliability? TIA.

Picked up a Healthrider for $450, which made the 3 year warranty $39 at Sams. Price was under that threshold which is bringing others to $79.

LocalDeals said: I set it up today and purchased the Surge Suppressor for it. What a great machine, very smooth and lots of featurs, i love the custom program the most. Thanks OP

I don't really think a surge suppressor is going to do much good on a motor like this. I would put the money to the warranty instead.

raspar said: Picked up the last boxed proform one at the Sugar Land sam's for $200.05. Thanks op.
How do you find online? Do you have to visit store to find product? I live Sugar Land too. Thanks.

I just purchased 4 years extended warranty from Healthrider for $119. originally it was 3 years for $119 but they are having special now, 4 years for the same price of 3 years. Thanks

Do you think the healthrider warranty is better? Remember chances are if it breaks in 43 years with Sams, you will just get your $450 back.
Plus the Sams warranty is only $39.

Also you best hope healthrider is still around in 4 years to honor the warranty.

mistycoupon said: I don't really think a surge suppressor is going to do much good on a motor like this. I would put the money to the warranty instead.

You use the surge protector to protect the electronics, not the motor! Without the electronics, that big, heavy motor is just a doorstop.

Picked up a Healthrider today at my local Sam's Club for $345.67

They had one more NIB & the display in Dickson City, PA.

Thanks OP!

Mike

Skipping 63 Messages...
Is the Amazon Goldbox (today) Treadmill any good. Its a Horizon T73 for $649/shipped... If its a good treadmill and a good deal I will go for it but I dunno much about them.

*sorry I just realized this thread was 1 month old. I just searched treadmill.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014