• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot currently has a glidden paint sale going on. $5 off 1 gallon or $20 off of 5 gallons. Here is home depots rebate form HERE and I found another one at gliddens site for another rebate, here is that rebate HERE.
Home depots rebate is for 8-23-07 - 8-29-07 gliddens rebate is for Nov 06- nov 07. They both go to the same place but different Po boxes. There is one thing that could screw this up, they both ask for the org UPC unless the UPC is print on container. Then it just tells you to write the UPC in the boxes on the form.
I just bought a 5 gallon bucket of this paint and it has a lable on the container, but I cant get it off, so I am just going to write the UPC down and see what happens.
My 5 gallon was $90 - $40 rebates= $50.. Hell wally worlds crap paint cost more that.

This may or may not work. But if it does it will be great..

Be easy on my please

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good find OP! Please put Home Depot in your title...

1 gallon can is also included in the rebates

Both rebates require original receipts.

eh, they'll take copies of the receipt. I don't think it's possible to request the original receipts cause you need that for records and return invoices. However, they can ask for the original UPC.

it also says if you bought "evermore," you can just list the UPCs and not have to worry about the UPCs.

score, I just bought a crap load of paint. This will be awesome if it works.

shoot even if it doesn't, this rebate is still better than the HD one. the HD limits you up to 5 gallons.

If your referring to the Dutch Boy "crap paint" sold by Wally World, CR actually rates it significantly better than Glidden. On their ratings page they list the 20 tested from best to worst. Dutch Boy Home (Wal-Mart)is listed as a CR Best Buy and comes in 5th (BEHR is #1) and Glidden comes in at 16th. Only Ralph Lauren and Sherwin Williams were worse.
Regardless, if both rebates come through, nice deal.

Jayhawks said: Hell wally worlds crap paint cost more that.

Bibba said: If your referring to the Dutch Boy "crap paint" sold by Wally World, CR actually rates it significantly better than Glidden. On their ratings page they list the 20 tested from best to worst. Dutch Boy Home (Wal-Mart)is listed as a CR Best Buy and comes in 5th (BEHR is #1) and Glidden comes in at 16th. Only Ralph Lauren and Sherwin Williams were worse.
Regardless, if both rebates come through, nice deal.

Jayhawks said: Hell wally worlds crap paint cost more that.

I am talking about the COLOR PLACE PAINT at wally

rubicinc said: Both rebates require original receipts.

The Home Depot rebate states to send a copy of the date cash register reciept.

Bibba said: If your referring to the Dutch Boy "crap paint" sold by Wally World, CR actually rates it significantly better than Glidden. On their ratings page they list the 20 tested from best to worst. Dutch Boy Home (Wal-Mart)is listed as a CR Best Buy and comes in 5th (BEHR is #1) and Glidden comes in at 16th.
I'll have to second that statement, I've used Glidden in the past and I would choose something else if possible. However, if you are not changing colors you should be ok.

I just talked to the rebate center and told them that the UPC on the 5 gallon buckets is impossible to remove without destroying it. They said that they know thats a problem and that if you buy the 5 gallon buckets, to just write the UPC #s on the rebate form in the provided spaces on the form.
Good luck to all that take advantage of this, I am heading back to Home Depot for another bucket.

In 4 1! Thanks!

Per Home Depot website:
Glidden Interior and Exterior Evermore Paint Labor Day Rebate
Now through August 29, 2007, take $5 OFF all one gallon cans and $20 OFF all 5 gallon pails of Glidden Interior and Exterior Evermore paint (does not include Porch and Floor enamel) through MIR. Receive $5 off all one gallon cans and $20 off all 5 gallon pails of Glidden Interior and Exterior Evermore paints between 8/23/07 and 8/29/07. Not valid on Porch and Floor paint or any other Glidden product or brand. Maximum $200 rebate per household. Promotion valid in U.S. and Puerto Rico The Home Depot stores only, and can not be combined with any other offer. Not valid on Oops or Returned paint. No returns on paint without UPC. Rebate forms must be submitted by mail and postmarked by September 29, 2007. Void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed by law. Glidden and The Home Depot are not responsible for lost, late, illegible or postage-due rebate applications. See rebate form in-store for complete details.

Glidden is crap paint. (even worse then Behr (ie "Bare"))

Go to the professional painter forums and see for yourself.

I'd choose Pratt and Lambert Accolade for interiopr and SW Duration for exterior. You'll be happier over the long term.

Do you have a website address for a "professional painters forum"?

bbeth21 said: Do you have a website address for a "professional painters forum"?

?

here's one.

I have been a painting contractor for 17 years. The only time I used Glidden was at a customers request. It was the worst paint I have ever used. It was thinner than fat free milk and covered about as well. I will never use it again.

I have only used Pratt & Lambert clear coats, but found them to be excellent. Very pricey though.

Benjamin Moore is excellent paint, but pricey. Kelly Moore is best value for paint, with the contractor's discount, IMO.

I just bought a gallon of Glidden (it's what is already on the walls) on 8/26 so it will still qualify. 1 gallon cost me $16.98 so this will help. Home Depot will also print out a duplicate receipt for the second rebate. I have HD do it all the time for rebates.

henny said:
I'd choose Pratt and Lambert Accolade for interiopr and SW Duration for exterior. You'll be happier over the long term.

I'm gonna try the SW Duration for my exterior. Is there a SW interior line that you would recommend?

i wish i would have known about glidden paint before buying it. i had $250 in home depott gc's to use, so we bought some of the glidden paint. i usually go to lowes ... don't like home depott at all. glad i didn't get the paint for the computer room yet.

crmnlyinsane said: I have been a painting contractor for 17 years. The only time I used Glidden was at a customers request. It was the worst paint I have ever used. It was thinner than fat free milk and covered about as well. I will never use it again.

I have only used Pratt & Lambert clear coats, but found them to be excellent. Very pricey though.

Benjamin Moore is excellent paint, but pricey. Kelly Moore is best value for paint, with the contractor's discount, IMO.

I've used Behr paint pretty much exclusively in this house- sometime in 2002ish they must have reformulated the paints (and if I remember, they got cheaper too). The new ones don't coat worth a sh**, they run and are otherwise just miserable paints to use.

Glidden Exterior was used on my aluminum siding and it covered very well with a single coat and has withstood 5 years of rain/abuse. This year I'll be power-washing it to get some grime off- we'll see how it holds up.

Interesting painting forum...

Just painted with Behr premium interior and it was okay. Coated well with only 1 coat needed (and its my home so I cared about the finish). Then again I always will primer my surfaces no matter what..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014