• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For folks with a Meijer Store close by.
Check out the Energizer battery display (check around your local store or ask the manager, in one store the display was in the camera area, in another Meijer, it was in the main aisle). There should be a pad of tear off coupons - $7.00 off instantly if you buy one 4 pack of lithium batteries and one 16 pack of alkaline batteries. Then when you check out, a $4.00 Meijer coupon for gas spits out with your receipt.
Here is my breakdown:
$9.59 - Energizer alkaline battery 16 pack
$10.99 - Energizer lithium 4 pack
$1.23 - tax
-$7.00 Energizer instant coupon (expires 9/30/07)
-------------------------------------------------
$14.81 for 4 lithium & 16 alkaline batteries + $4.00 off gas coupon.

The gas coupons are stackable, I used three of them today for a single $12.00 gas purchase.

I don't know how long the $4.00 gas coupon thing will last or if the deal is available in every Meijer store but it worked today at two different Meijer stores in SW Michigan.

Good luck.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I apologize, but I have to say that this deal is ICE COLD.

Pay $14 for some batteries to save $4 on gas???? Bad plan.

It's like never paying off your mortgage (if you could) because you get a tax deduction. Do you realize that you "deduction" is at most 30% of what you pay in interest? So even though uncle sam will rebate you $.30 cents on the dollar, the mortgage company still keeps $.70 of you money.

Sort of like the same deal on this gas scam.

Instead stick the $14 in your gas tank and be on your way.

Sorry.

Also, FYI, you can see all Meijer Gas Rewards here.

It's actually $2 for the 4 pack lithium, and another $2 for the 16 AA pack...

Basically it works out to just over $10.00 for 4 lithium batteries and 16 AA. Since we all (most of us anyway) have to buy gas, that $4 coupon is good. It's $4 less on gas we'd pay. But in the end, I think $10 for those batteries is too much these days.

jimmywalt said:
It's like never paying off your mortgage (if you could) because you get a tax deduction. Do you realize that you "deduction" is at most 30% of what you pay in interest? So even though uncle sam will rebate you $.30 cents on the dollar, the mortgage company still keeps $.70 of you money.

My Father-in-law subscribes to this policy of never paying off the mortgage. The one upside to that, is if he dies, his mortgage gets paid off. Personally, I'd rather wake up knowing my house is paid off...(Got a long way to go for that to happen!)

Well, as a matter of fact, my house is paid for.

I realize this isn't a great deal for run of the mill batteries but paying $10.99 for a 4 pack of lithium batteries (that I need anyways) and then getting inexpensive alkaline batteries and free gas works for me.

If you use lithium batteries, this deal might be for you. If not, fine for you. YMMV

kraut said: Well, as a matter of fact, my house is paid for.

I realize this isn't a great deal for run of the mill batteries but paying $10.99 for a 4 pack of lithium batteries (that I need anyways) and then getting inexpensive alkaline batteries and free gas works for me.

If you use lithium batteries, this deal might be for you. If not, fine for you. YMMV

I've still got a dozen packs of Lithiums from the CVS deal when they cost $0.99 for each 4 pack after sale price of $3.99 and the on package instant $3 off coupons.

potvin48 said: Personally, I'd rather wake up knowing my house is paid off...(Got a long way to go for that to happen!)

Amen brother!!!

I like rechargeable batteries. Purchase them once, and they are yours! No messing around with disposables anymore for me.

Regular batteries are for suckers. No true FW member uses them

Rechargeable is the way to go. Period

The deal was a bit sweeter last weekend.
The battery packs were on sale, minus an extra $2 off each, plus the $2 gas coupon each, minus the $7 Energizer coupon.
I posted combining the coupon, when it first came out, with Menards' bag sale and the topic fell off due to lack of interest.
Based on that, I didn't figure anyone would care about the extra $2 off at Meijer, so I didn't post it.

I just need to figure what I'll put e2 batteries in, since I use rechargeables for high drain devices.
Maybe a remote control.

sixt7gt350 said: The deal was a bit sweeter last weekend.
The battery packs were on sale, minus an extra $2 off each, plus the $2 gas coupon each, minus the $7 Energizer coupon.
I posted combining the coupon, when it first came out, with Menards' bag sale and the topic fell off due to lack of interest.
Based on that, I didn't figure anyone would care about the extra $2 off at Meijer, so I didn't post it.

I just need to figure what I'll put e2 batteries in, since I use rechargeables for high drain devices.
Maybe a remote control.

Sorry for the repost, I missed your original post. I use the lithium batteries in emergency flashlights. They will work tomorrow or years from now. That is not true with rechargeables. To each his own.

kraut said: sixt7gt350 said: The deal was a bit sweeter last weekend.

Maybe a remote control.

Sorry for the repost, I missed your original post. I use the lithium batteries in emergency flashlights. They will work tomorrow or years from now. That is not true with rechargeables. To each his own.

Nope, not a repost and I take no offense. My original post was for using the $7 coupon with Menards bag sale and since very few took interest in it, I didn't bother posting when Meijer had the extra $2 off. There are trigger-happy repost police around here that need to get a life. Thankfully, I'm not one of them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014