• filter:
  • 1 2 34513
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Man if you are going to try to be mr. intellect and use big words to psychoanalyze the previous posters comments you should first go back to school and learn punctuation, grammar, and how to structure a sentence. Your post comes off like a backwoods jethro bodine wrote it.

rated:
ScrotchTape said: titewad said: You must be kidding. ....This isn't rocket science. Think a little.

Wow. People who attempt to put other people down in order to make themselves feel better about themselves actually exist.
What's it like, living in a bubble? Oh, wait, I forgot.
One of the symptoms is you are completely oblivious to your dementia, and live in complete denial of it.
Well, good luck with that.

Really, what social good did you think commentary like that would get you? Say stuff like that to someone's face and see what happens to you. Yea, yeah, you;ll probably say you talk this way all the time. That's why all you spend all your time setting up links to coupons that are relatively worthless, because you don't have any friends or have a real life outside of your internet connection.

Harbor freight already provides you access to what you send links to if you just sign up for the emails. What you post links for is redundant. Find us the 10, 15, 20% coupons that only come to some email recipients and not others, and I will applaud your efforts.

---------

Listen, dude, Its not about dead links, but how they have changed the site to make it more difficult to find coupons. You used to be able to search:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/

and see the entire directory structure for ads, weekly, go specials, whatever, without knowing sub folder names.
They have now changed it so that you get the blank page message at that root.
Maybe my web surfing skills royally suck, but times they are a changing...

Of course they are making it harder to get the coupons; you used to be able to find 20% and 10% coupons up the wazoo on their site.
Then they starting changing the structure and stopping the online printable coupon because so many of us where printing multiples and using multiples.
Then there were the new store opening 10% coupons. Because we started using them, even though the store opening wasn't in our area, they then changed the coupons to read good at the grand opening store opening. Now you can only look at specific sub folders, like the week #, or the ones you list..but if if they add new folder names, or change them, we simpletons are lost until someone finds them.

Don't spend the time posting links for stuff we already get in email. Use your enormous free time to find the good stuff....

There is not one single put down in my original post. What's the matter? Still a little sensitive from getting beat up on your way home from school Friday?

Maybe you should ask one of your friends to explain what an internet search is and try searching the web for HF % off coupons. You can find the 20% coupon with no expiration date easily. I'd help you, but I don't want to step outside of my bubble.

Now, you originally said, "They found out how we were all getting into the ads and coupons via the website and shut down that link; all you get is that "This is a blank page" screen." and you made no mention of any specific link. Since there is no link to coupons other than the standard email coupons in the OP or the Quick Summary, I guess you expect us to read your mind when you meant the "http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/" link which is not specifically mentioned in this the OP or QS as a place where you can see the directory contents and you brought up after the fact. You should have stated that in your first post and we would not have the following two posts. By the way, the email coupon links are posted here so people do not have to sign up for the HF mailing list. Most people do not want the paper ads or even the emails from HF, since we've been told there are too many mailings. They'd rather come here and see the coupons once in a while, or any frequency they like.

So, in the future, state all the facts and don't expect people to know anything more that what you state. No one is a mind reader. You'll find that advice will help you throughout your lifetime.

rated:
bermuda88 said: Man if you are going to try to be mr. intellect and use big words to psychoanalyze the previous posters comments you should first go back to school and learn punctuation, grammar, and how to structure a sentence. Your post comes off like a backwoods jethro bodine wrote it.

Sometimes you have to lower yourself to the level of your audience....

rated:
titewad said:
Maybe you should ask one of your friends to explain what an internet search is and try searching the web for HF % off coupons. You can find the 20% coupon with no expiration date easily. I'd help you, but I don't want to step outside of my bubble.

Try buying a tool, if you feel "manly" and see how often it gets accepted. All 5 stores in my area aren't accepting them as per mandate from the corporate office, since they don't make'em anymore...

titewad said: You should have stated that in your first post and we would not have the following two posts.
Didja ever ever occur it was the way you responded that led to this, and not my failings in being more specific? No, I didn't think it would....As I stated, complete denial....

Have a Nice Day!

rated:
ScrotchTape said:
Try buying a tool, you feel "manly" and see how often it gets accepted. All 5 stores in my area aren't accepting them as per mandate from the corporate office, since they don't make'em anymore...
Hmmm, 6 whole posts on FW, all of them in two HF threads; only one useful. Thanks for your contribution. Now go back to leaching.

rated:
Don't mind if I do....I'm glad you realize that's the premise of this whole site...I wonder what other revelations will come to you, with time...
Peace be with you....

rated:
ScrotchTape said: Harbor freight already provides you access to what you send links to if you just sign up for the emails. What you post links for is redundant. Find us the 10, 15, 20% coupons that only come to some email recipients and not others, and I will applaud your efforts.

Don't spend the time posting links for stuff we already get in email. Use your enormous free time to find the good stuff....

As far as my contributions to this thread go... the intent of my posting was to HELP the people who don't have the skills to put 2+2 together and "guess" upcomming URL's correctly. My postings have never been at all about 'hacking' their web site or anything illegal about coupon mis-use or anything.

It was to describe the sequential structure of their weekly email coupons and their "need more coupons" so you could see the ones that start the following week as well.

Also, it's intent was to help those of you who either don't want to sign up for their emails and get all that spam or have problems with spam filters blocking it.

Finally it was to prevent the flood of Harbor Freight coupon threads that got posted every 3 or 4 days here with a "NEW link to NEW coupons". Instead, consolidate all into 1 thread and update the quick summary makes the thread and current links easy to find by anyone that doesn't want to search high and low or sign up and wait to get the current coupons.

If there are extra % coupons available, I'm sure someone will post them, so long as they are legal to use by everyone.

So telling someone to stop helping others because they already get the stuff in email is an overly simplistic blanket statement. If you don't like the help provided in this thread then click IGNORE and move on and let those that find this useful check it for their benefit.

rated:
I like this post and come here every month or so.

The HF store near me is 1 gallon away, so if I can save a couple of bucks here first, then I may be able to pay for some of that gas.

Their pricing is like pricing at a jewelry store: Frequently 70% off. Whenever I "save" more than 50% of the cost of the item, I feel a little wary about the actual value of the item in the first place.

Some HF is good, other is poor. So far, by far, the favorite item is India made wrenches, the black oxide ones that I don't see anymore in the store.

Some of the china stuff is getting too cheesy for me in my old age.

Keep up the good work, OP and others, and trollers move on.

HPMaster

rated:
ScrotchTape said: bermuda88 said: Man if you are going to try to be mr. intellect and use big words to psychoanalyze the previous posters comments you should first go back to school and learn punctuation, grammar, and how to structure a sentence. Your post comes off like a backwoods jethro bodine wrote it.

Sometimes you have to lower yourself to the level of your audience....

pssssst....no one here said anything, since it is a forum, i wouldn't be penalitive abou t it. Btw, it's Mr. Intellect not mr
otherwise you should quote it.

rated:
Any new coupons out there?

rated:
jwillgoesfast said: Any new coupons out there?
linky-dink

rated:

rated:

rated:

rated:
ysspo said: 6/30 through 7/06

Thanks

rated:
ysspo said: 6/30 through 7/06Feel free to update the quick summary.

rated:
titewad said: ysspo said: 6/30 through 7/06Feel free to update the quick summary.

I know what you mean about the summary but it is a pain to update. It should be simplified so that the entries look like these postings. Dates valid and the link, forget the days of the week, alias URLs, etc.

7/3 through 7/9

rated:
macro said: titewad said: ysspo said: 6/30 through 7/06Feel free to update the quick summary.

I know what you mean about the summary but it is a pain to update. It should be simplified so that the entries look like these postings. Dates valid and the link, forget the days of the week, alias URLs, etc.

7/3 through 7/9

Feel free to modify the summary as you see fit. The reason for me including the URL's in the visible hotlink is to show users who don't check the link in the status bar of their browser the format of the full URL to help them realize what needs to be changed.

At some point someone changed it to show with and without the sidebar frame, the one without requires more updating. I'll tell you what, I'll go in and fix these now and just reference that in the original post if people care to see it without the extra sidebars.

In any case, I suppose we could just pre-generate every valid URL and paste them into the quick summary and let people blindly click them all. But we all know what happens then -- people will try to open up one 6 months from now, or more aptly, every one for the next 6 months not finding any and posting problems, and also increasing the number of 404 errors logged by HF that might tell them to change their scheme to something less guessable.

Edit: Okay, I completed mass re-work of the Quick Summary to match what Macro suggested. If others find it better to expose the full URL in the link text we can go back to that (technically it's less to change since now you have to lookup the valid date range).

I pulled out and (quickly) moved into the original post some of the other URL formats for special ads they've used.

I left in the 35% Entertainment book info. Does anyone know if this is still true or did that expire and can be removed? Feel free to make changes if necessary. It's in the quick summary for that purpose

Any other suggestions? Remember -- you can make changes too if you feel it helps!

rated:
Here is the original post with the detailed information for future reference. Moving it here in order to promote the use of the Quick Summary over replying to the thread with updates. Now the Quick Summary will be at the top of the screen always without all this detail.

Update: I will retain the original post with URL information as of the date it was posted below. Please refer to the QUICK SUMMARY section to view the MOST CURRENT HARBOR FREIGHT COUPONS!

Note: There are currently a total of 88 active coupons as of the time I posted this in the links below. Plus information on how to obtain each week's coupons yourself.

Everyone knows that each week Harbor Freight Tools sends out multiple coupons to their email subscribers.

Each email contains a link back to their site to view the coupons if the user can't view them in HTML email.

Inevitably, each week a new post is made to Fat Wallet with the latest coupons, and inevitably people post followup asking where the latest coupons are if the originals are now expired (since their coupons have a 6 day life typically).

This post is meant as a summary of how their coupon links work, a list of their current sales for this second week of October 2007, and how to find the coupons yourself, AND to provide a single spot to update the list weekly, ala the Clearance threads for many stores. This will keep the number of similar posts down and locate all your Harbor Freight information in 1 thread.

Onto the links:

Here are the current links that are active TODAY, Thursday, October 11, 2007. I will also place these in the Quick Summary so that other members can update them each week to the current ones for the members that don't know how to manually edit URLs.

Group 1: These links are the ones directly sent to most email subscribers.

This is their Monday through Saturday ad. It becomes active LATE on Monday evenings or on Tuesday mornings. Week to week, the only thing that changes is the week number of the year, in this case, it's currently '41', the 41st week.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/emails/display.do?fname=41_RetailA.html

This link is the same, just without the header and sidebar panes:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/41/RetailA/41_retailA.html

This is their Thursday through Tuesday ad. It becomes active LATE on Thursday evenings or on Friday mornings. Same rues as the above. Notice the only difference here is "B" vs "A" in the filename.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/emails/display.do?fname=41_RetailB.html

This link is the same, just without the header and sidebar panes:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/41/RetailB/41_retailB.html

Group 1b: Sometimes during an "email coupon blitz" they will also offer additional pages of coupons that come out every other day during a week. This happens about 2 times a year. You can search for them by simply changing "RetailA.html" to "RetailC.html" down to "RetailF.html" or so.

Group 2: For each of the above pages, there is a link on the bottom that sends you to "Need more coupons?" The actual URL contains the end date of the week (always a Sunday). In this case it shows 1014:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/wkend1014/usa_cpnsave.html

Group 2b: Sometimes they will have the following week's coupons available while the current ones are still active (different than the overlapping midweek ones). I do NOT know if their system will have these coupons enabled before the usual start date (1 week before they expire), but for example, this week you can already acccess next week's coupons:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/wkend1021/usa_cpnsave.html

Note: The link on their pages is defined as this basic link below, but resolves to the specific week they want to show as active like one of the two above links once you click on it. Use this link to get to the for sure 'active' one, but use the links above to see the specific week's one.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/usa_cpnsave.html

Group 3: It seems there is another level of coupons they use that some people receive and others don't. These may be used more of a short-term offer (such as 3 or 5 days, not a full week like the others above). This is an example of one that ran for 3 days last week. Again, it is indexed by the week of the year number. Simply change 40 to 41 to get the current page each week, if one exists at all. None exist for this week as this is posted.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/40/addsave/

Hope that helps... There were over 88 active coupons in the above links. That should satisfy most HFT shoppers for this week!

------

Archived edits:

July 7'08 - I removed the dual maintenance issues in the quick summary. If you want to see the coupons without the side bar, modify the URL similar to this as follows in this example

Without side-bar:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/27/RetailA/27_retailA.html

- or (Same ad, different URL with sidebar links) -
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/emails/display.do?fname=27_RetailA.html

The link without sidebar only requires 2-3 characters to change every 4 days. The other one requires 4 or 6 to get to the same coupons. It may be useful to use print them however.

-------

Also removed these as they haven't been active or used the same URL format for a long time:

10% off coupon (expires 3/11): http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/9/GO/Images/Now_Coupon.jpg

Extra specials: (Not currently available this week. Last (expired) one retained below so others can update to latest week # if needed)
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/emails/40/addsave

rated:
Thanks OP.

rated:
Thanks for your efforts OP.

rated:
Is there ever a link for a printable 10% off total purchase coupon?

rated:
To the best of my knowledge, they haven't done the used-to-be-common "15% off 1 item" / "5 off $35" / "10% off total purchase" offers as printable coupons in almost 18 months.

I continue to receive "15% off a single item" coupons about every 10-12 weeks in a mailed flyer to my home, but nothing more than that.

rated:
Thanks

We get the one on the catalog too......and it just expired.

We don't need anything until the coupon expires.

rated:
Significant Bump --

15% off coupon RETURNS for a second week!

Also the bonus coupon links have 4x the normal amount of coupons on them!

There is a total of 160 coupons active in the next few days + another ~90 starting on next week's bonus page!

Did I mention the 15% off a single item is back this week?

rated:
Who keeps bumping this thread to the first page where my husband can see it?

Oops...

rated:
Is it just me or are HF prices up significantly lately and coupons crappier?

rated:
BobbyRobert said: Is it just me or are HF prices up significantly lately and coupons crappier?

It's not just you.

rated:
zzyzzx said: BobbyRobert said: Is it just me or are HF prices up significantly lately and coupons crappier?

It's not just you.
It depends on the product. There are usually some gems.

rated:
BobbyRobert said: Is it just me or are HF prices up significantly lately and coupons crappier?

YES and Yes

rated:
15% is officially dead? I could've sworn I saw one on the freescrewdriver.com page a few days ago that had valid dates for this week. Now that I have access to a printer, its no longer available online

rated:
thebestpkever said: 15% is officially dead?(I got one in my email this morning.

rated:
post it here - HFT cpn is never a unique code.

dcwilbur said: thebestpkever said: 15% is officially dead?(I got one in my email this morning.

rated:

rated:
here is 15% off for this weekend 11/22-23

HF LINK

rated:
Searching for a decent car jack and I don't see any price's on the items ???

rated:
iSeeInPics said: Searching for a decent car jack and I don't see any price's on the items ???www.harborfreight.com

rated:
southend517 said: here is 15% off for this weekend 11/22-23

HF LINK
It's already in the QS. Please don't post links to coupons in regular posts. People get confused when they expire. Use the QS.

rated:
outcastunderscorep said: I consider their tools "jobsite tools" You can use them there and leave them.

Their hand tools seem pretty good and their air tools work well. Im still not sure if i trust anything with large metal blades that spin very fast. Just a fear i have.

I own an angle grinder that has served me well so far. Seems sturdy enough for the few times a year I end up needing it. I even bought a disc that has what looks like a chainsaw blade around it that was designed for the angle grinder, and the thing worked like a charm on a household project I had to do recently... I'll admit, I was a little paranoid, but that's why I wore goggles, gloves, etc.

I've also been working with a race team that uses a fair amount of HF tools (along with some name brand stuff) and the HF tools have held up pretty well.

If this thread stays updated with the most current coupons, I'll probably unsubscribe from their emails, just to cut down on the number of emails my inbox gets bombarded with.

rated:
anyone ever used compound slide miter saw from HF?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014