• filter:
  • 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
New Update: July 08 -- I have moved the original post here onto page 4 -- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/772012/m12498316#m12498316

It contains all the gory details of determining the correct URL's for the current and upcomming coupon pages. Please check (and update) the Quick Summary below for the most current coupons.

Moderator Comment: Check out the Official Master Thread of "Official Store Threads" here. — Feb. 10, 2010 @ 5:11pm
Member Summary

Harbor Freight Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well howdy partner!

Wish there was something good for BF but looks like the same ol', same ol'. Only thing that's kinda c... (more)

sarah (Nov. 27, 2014 @ 10:11p) |

I thought the same thing before I bought some at 4.99...Been using them for 3 years now in my RC receivers...Check the n... (more)

werepo4u (Nov. 28, 2014 @ 12:32p) |

Thank you for the "Welcome"

werepo4u (Nov. 28, 2014 @ 12:34p) |

We will be doing our best to keep these threads current and up-to-date, but please feel free to edit the quick summary with coupon codes not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

Standard Ads (book index): All Current Flyers 

https://www.facebook.com/harbor.f.tools/app_190322544333196 - Requires FB "Like"

Extra coupons, with an automatically updating expiry date 

Deal of the Week (click Print Coupon to print the coupon)

Note: If any link displays 'This page is being updated. Please check back!' or 'Sorry, we can't find that page'; check again a few hours later as often members will update this quick summary before HF makes the page active on their site.

Printed magazines you can find coupons in (including 20% coupons): 4 Wheel & Off Road, American Rifleman, Car & Driver, Diesel Power, Discover, ESPN, Flying, Grass Roots Motorsports, (The Family) Handyman, Home Theater, Hot Rod, Import Tuner, Jp Magazine, Kiplinger's (Personal Finance), Men's Journal, Mini Truckin', Money, Motor Boating, Motor Cyclist, Motor Trend, Off-Road, Playboy, Popular Mechanics, Popular Photography, Reader's Digest, Popular Science, Science Illustrated, Shotgun News, Shutterbug, Smithsonian, Truck Trend, Wood.
Coupon Codes
- 20% Off Any Single Item. Expires 07/31/2014.

11605172 - Free 6-pc. Screwdriver Set With Any Purchase! Expires 10/29/2014

54708713 - 25% Off One Item [Exp. 09/20/2014]

56762840 - 20% Off One Item Online [Exp. 7/31/2014]

76157505 - 20% Off One Item [Exp. 7/31/2014]

41341964 - 25% Off Single Item [Exp. 12/05/2014]

*** Harbor Freight 'Gems' / Reviews ***

1. WoodworkersZone: Harbor Freight Gems 

2. ToolCrib: Buyer Beware, A Harbor Freight Buying Guide: The Good Enough, The Bad and the Abysmal 
    (See #7 for more LINKs!)

3. TractorByNet: Harbor Freight Tools That Dont Suck 

4. HF Reviews 

5. Pirate4x4 Forum: Harbor Freight Good Tool List 

6. Pirate4x4 Forum: Harbor Freight Do Not Buy List 

7. The Garage Journal Forum: The Harbor Freight PASS/FAIL Thread... 

UPDATE: 2011/01/16 TTA - Cleaned up / fixed formatting errors (NO reflection or offense to previous updaters.) THANKS for maintaining the structured format!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No wonder my HFT is always out of the coupon items!! THe FW Effect!!!

rated:
Thanks OP for all your hard work!

rated:
Thank you....

rated:
excellent.. thanks.. i think i will unsubscribe now

(to HF email)

rated:
Very nice work, OP.

rated:
Nice. Thanks

rated:
Great work!

rated:
Cool!

rated:
Oops.

rated:
Awesome job OP. Too bad we don't have them in Mpls.
Green for your effort and help, though.

rated:
hazardous said: Awesome job OP. Too bad we don't have them in Mpls.
YES we do misinformed. Central Avenue and 40th in Columbia Heights.

rated:
This is great! Thanks.

rated:
much appreciated

rated:
Fantastic job! Always on the lookout for a deal! Thank you! Verde!!!!

rated:
Great! Thanks!

rated:
thanks OP! your information is most valuable to tools fanatic like myself!

rated:
Thank you!Love harbor freight

rated:
so is it
http://www.harborfreight.com
or
http://www.harborfreightusa.com
???

One seems to have online pricing while the other does not.
Is one just shamelessly working off the brand of the other??

rated:
HarborFreightUSA.com seems to be their retail establishment link. It hosts all the retail store coupons, current in-store ad flyers and short product descriptions + downloadable product manuals in PDF form.

HarborFreight.com is their mail-order only business. You can get most everything you can get at the store online, and also things not available in store (e.g. very large items). They also (used to?) have varying prices depending on source codes (the -xVGA code after the SKU -- e.g. -0VGA or -1VGA or -4VGA all indicate a different price based upon the source of where the item is advertised. Their mail order center I believe has large catalogs available as well.

Same company, different divisions for retail vs mail/internet order.

rated:
MrLateNite said: HarborFreightUSA.com seems to be their retail establishment link. It hosts all the retail store coupons, current in-store ad flyers and short product descriptions + downloadable product manuals in PDF form.

HarborFreight.com is their mail-order only business. You can get most everything you can get at the store online, and also things not available in store (e.g. very large items). They also (used to?) have varying prices depending on source codes (the -xVGA code after the SKU -- e.g. -0VGA or -1VGA or -4VGA all indicate a different price based upon the source of where the item is advertised. Their mail order center I believe has large catalogs available as well.

Thanks for the info!
Does anybody know if there is a way to get those heavy items delivered to the store to avoid freight charges?

rated:
MrLateNite said: HarborFreightUSA.com seems to be their retail establishment link. It hosts all the retail store coupons, current in-store ad flyers and short product descriptions + downloadable product manuals in PDF form.

I have printed out prices from HarborFreight.com and brought them into the local store (Parkville, MD) and they never had a problem pricematching.

Thanks for the great post, OP. Saved me a lot of time.

R Keith Ikle

Hansen

rated:
Does anyone know the quality of those $0.49 batteries? It is time to replace smoke detector batteries. The 9V batteries at $0.49 do sound attractive, but I don't want to find out that it is just bird poop inside. Like the fuses I bought last year, they were all set to blow at 100 amps, even though the markings were from 5 A to 30 A.

Harbor Freight recalled them, and gave me full refund plus a $5 coupon off next purchase.

I swear, I think Chinese have declared a war on us, and are trying to kill us all with Antifreeze in toothpaste, Lead in kids toys, Malanine in pet food, and fuses that don't blow at their rated amperage. It's war, I am telling you!!!

rated:
blueiedgod said: Does anyone know the quality of those $0.49 batteries? It is time to replace smoke detector batteries. The 9V batteries at $0.49 do sound attractive, but I don't want to find out that it is just bird poop inside. Like the fuses I bought last year, they were all set to blow at 100 amps, even though the markings were from 5 A to 30 A.

Harbor Freight recalled them, and gave me full refund plus a $5 coupon off next purchase.

I swear, I think Chinese have declared a war on us, and are trying to kill us all with Antifreeze in toothpaste, Lead in kids toys, Malanine in pet food, and fuses that don't blow at their rated amperage. It's war, I am telling you!!!

I hate to sound like this, but you're thinking of replacing a smoke detector battery- something you do once a year- with a brand that you're concerned about? Spend the extra bucks and buy a battery you trust. Because if your Harbor Freight battery fails, I'm sure they'll underwrite the insurance policy on yourself and your loved ones.

(And if I sound harsh- feel free to be angry at me, but please just buy a decent battery for safety's sake)

rated:
I agree. Go with a name brand alkaline (or at least "Super heavy duty" which might be better for certain detectors). You can often get those very cheap after coupon and/or rebate depending on what stores you have in your area (e.g. Uppermidwest Menards often does batteries free or nearly free after rebate).

I'd not go with cheap chinese imports for smoke detector batteries, especially when it's not hard to get good stuff for not much more.

And a good alkaline battery will last 5 years in a AC powered detector. Battery only ones, then definitely check every 6 to 12 months depending on your previous experience.

As is often discussed in other HFT threads -- You definitely want to inspect and make a decision for yourself as to what is a good deal and what isn't, not solely on price.

Example: if you need a 3 pack of step drill bits, they're under $9 with coupon at HFT. One size alone is often $30 at Lowes/HD/Menards. But on the other hand, some stuff may be worthwhile to spend slightly more and get better elsewhere.

rated:
blueiedgod said: Does anyone know the quality of those $0.49 batteries? It is time to replace smoke detector batteries. The 9V batteries at $0.49 do sound attractive, but I don't want to find out that it is just bird poop inside. Like the fuses I bought last year, they were all set to blow at 100 amps, even though the markings were from 5 A to 30 A.

In fact, you don't really need alkaline batteries for a smoke detector. The advantage of the alkaline over regular ("heavy duty") ones is that they can sustain longer peak power output, like when fast-charging a camera flash. Smoke detector drains very little power, so if you want a cheap but reliable battery, you can go with some trusted store brand, like Walgreen's, that often sell for 39c after a coupon.

(Sorry for being off-topic. Great post, OP!)

rated:
MrLateNite said: I agree. Go with a name brand alkaline (or at least "Super heavy duty" which might be better for certain detectors). You can often get those very cheap after coupon and/or rebate depending on what stores you have in your area (e.g. Uppermidwest Menards often does batteries free or nearly free after rebate).

I'd not go with cheap chinese imports for smoke detector batteries, especially when it's not hard to get good stuff for not much more.

And a good alkaline battery will last 5 years in a AC powered detector. Battery only ones, then definitely check every 6 to 12 months depending on your previous experience.

As is often discussed in other HFT threads -- You definitely want to inspect and make a decision for yourself as to what is a good deal and what isn't, not solely on price.

Example: if you need a 3 pack of step drill bits, they're under $9 with coupon at HFT. One size alone is often $30 at Lowes/HD/Menards. But on the other hand, some stuff may be worthwhile to spend slightly more and get better elsewhere.

Oh yeah. I bought three packs of their hacksaw blades. Okay, cheap enough, like $5 a box or something like that on sale. Yaah, there are like 50 in a box. Split the order with a friend (twas his idea to do the purchase) and thought I was good to go on hacksaw blades for a while.

Welllll, come time to hack off a muffler, under the car, and weld on a new one, grabbed the hacksaw with the blade, and it really didn't cut at all, just made me want to swear at the poor little muffler. Got out an other hacksaw with well used brand name blade (USA or German made) and despite the fact that some teeth were wore down, there was actually progress being made on each and every stroke of the saw. I think I saw metal dust coming off the first time when using that saw as compared to many strokes which only served to heat the metal and wear out my elbow when using the Arbor Freight saw blades.

Some things work and other things don't. I think the blades were "poured" rather than forged or whatever. Sad set.

Other things like the black oxide metric open end wrench set work great, made in India, but had no 12mm wrench. No problem, I found a few 12mms around the garage and slipped one in each of the three sets I bought and now have a set in each car and one in the garage.

Free sawblades.

I still have not gone over to my buddy's house with a piece of muffler pipe and a box of hacksaw blades though. Maybe someday soon.

HPMaster...

rated:
Harbor Freight tools are usually OK, but I would not bet my life on them. There IS a reason they are cheap, they are not to be confused with "professional" grade tools, but when you are going to use a tool once or just a few times, the tools they sell are probably OK. I'll keep buying Bosch tools for the ones I need to have, but use "throwaways" from HF when it makes sense.

As to these "coupons", this is nothing special. Go to their website, put your address on there and you will be SPAMMED with mailings from them, all containing coupons. Put your snail mail address on there and you will not believe the junk mail you will get (hopefully you recycle, as they certainly send out enough mail!) If you anticipate needing a tool, check for a few days, it will be on sale soon, everything there is. OK, maybe NOT everything, but sure seems like it.

As to their website, have never used them, so have no idea of how good or bad that is.

One thing for sure, if you have an item that you want and its in one of their booklets, take it with you. The managers have absolutely NO idea of what is on sale in the brochures but will match whatever the ad says the price should be. With all their mailings, spam, local deliveries with mail and newspapers, its no wonder that the stores sometimes have no idea of what the "advertised price" is, so bear with them, they are pretty good people, in my experience with them.

Cheers!

rated:
You've got green; finally managed to complete a couple of projects this weekend with the right tools. Thank you!

rated:
Mickie3 said:
As to these "coupons", this is nothing special. Go to their website, put your address on there and you will be SPAMMED with mailings from them, all containing coupons. Put your snail mail address on there and you will not believe the junk mail you will get (hopefully you recycle, as they certainly send out enough mail!) If you anticipate needing a tool, check for a few days, it will be on sale soon, everything there is. OK, maybe NOT everything, but sure seems like it.
Yep, that's exactly why I've given OP green. I've used to subscribe to HF mailings, and I hated the number of e-mails I've been getting. I like it much better this way.

rated:
I consider their tools "jobsite tools" You can use them there and leave them.

Their hand tools seem pretty good and their air tools work well. Im still not sure if i trust anything with large metal blades that spin very fast. Just a fear i have.

rated:
nascarfrk said: hazardous said: Awesome job OP. Too bad we don't have them in Mpls.
YES we do misinformed. Central Avenue and 40th in Columbia Heights.

ah thank you so much for the correction. Now I know. Sorry for shooting from the hip

rated:

rated:
Can someone explain about the HF " Inside Track Club " - http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/itc.taf - Thanks

rated:
Just as someone mentioned the poor quality of the hacksaw blades, the drill bits are junk too. I purchased a drill set and almost half the drills are worn or broken. One of the drills is bent but did not snap. They are only good for soft materials.

hpmaster said: MrLateNite said: I agree. Go with a name brand alkaline (or at least "Super heavy duty" which might be better for certain detectors). You can often get those very cheap after coupon and/or rebate depending on what stores you have in your area (e.g. Uppermidwest Menards often does batteries free or nearly free after rebate).

Oh yeah. I bought three packs of their hacksaw blades. Okay, cheap enough, like $5 a box or something like that on sale. Yaah, there are like 50 in a box. Split the order with a friend (twas his idea to do the purchase) and thought I was good to go on hacksaw blades for a while.

Welllll, come time to hack off a muffler, under the car, and weld on a new one, grabbed the hacksaw with the blade, and it really didn't cut at all, just made me want to swear at the poor little muffler. Got out an other hacksaw with well used brand name blade (USA or German made) and despite the fact that some teeth were wore down, there was actually progress being made on each and every stroke of the saw. I think I saw metal dust coming off the first time when using that saw as compared to many strokes which only served to heat the metal and wear out my elbow when using the Arbor Freight saw blades.

Some things work and other things don't. I think the blades were "poured" rather than forged or whatever. Sad set.

Other things like the black oxide metric open end wrench set work great, made in India, but had no 12mm wrench. No problem, I found a few 12mms around the garage and slipped one in each of the three sets I bought and now have a set in each car and one in the garage.

Free sawblades.

I still have not gone over to my buddy's house with a piece of muffler pipe and a box of hacksaw blades though. Maybe someday soon.

HPMaster...

rated:
I do not know about the drill bits but I am very happy with the Step Drill bits 3/$8.99. These do not need a pre-drilled hole and have served well many times when other bits needed resharpening. But that is part of the HF experience, some good and some bad. I usually only buy simple hand tools from them but I do have an angle grinder, chain saw sharpener, and metal cut-off saw that are all working fine (fingers crossed). Compared to a commercial chain saw sharpener theirs has a more play in it but there was no way I would ever buy a commercial sharpener.

10+ years ago I bought a refurbished IDC leaf blower (rebadged Ryobi) from HF, that never worked right. I believe that was just poor design and now I buy Stihl gas-powered yard tools.

rated:
Dang it ! I could've saved $18 on an angle die grinder if I'd looked at this thread first! I just bought the dang thing too...*always* check with FW first....always check with FW first...I gotta remember that for a change

rated:
good post

rated:
Wow nice work

Skipping 462 Messages...
rated:
sarah said:   
werepo4u said:   I thought I was the only HF freak...I have found a new world today!!!
  Well howdy partner!

Wish there was something good for BF but looks like the same ol', same ol'. Only thing that's kinda caught my eye is this (its the 45 watt solar panel kit) . It's best price is usually $149.99 for a while though I can't recall if it's been that price without a super coupon. Usually you can use a % off coupon on this but not for this sale.

This is a best price($129.99) on this work bench. Same price I paid for it in 2012. It's rock solid, easy to assemble. I put mine together by myself. If you need one its a HF purchase you'll never regret.

Thank you for the "Welcome"

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014