• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
A HF recently opened a store by me, I finally went there yesterday and bought a few things using multiple coupons, spent about $15. Got a 3" air cut-off tool, wood chisels, angle square, brass quick connect fitting and a free tape measure (I think something else also but don't remember now). Wanted to get the 3/8" torque wrench for $9.99 but they were out of that size. The store is great and there are tools/bits everywhere, very fun store to browse. They have great prices for the average home owner/diy'er who may only use the item a few times. For example, if you are moving furniture in your house and need a furniture dolly and moving blankets, they are extremely inexpensive there. A lot of the items do feel and look cheap, but for the price and the amount of times the normal home owner will use them they are perfect.

rated:
Seems like most of the coupons i've seen lately exclude floor jacks...are there any that do not?

rated:
They're having a parking lot sale.
http://www.harborfreight.com/parking-lot-sale.html?dir=asc&limit...

The 1/2" click-stop torque wrench is a bargain at $10. I have one and am happy with it. Get while the gettin's good.

The 9 Piece 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" Drive Wobble Socket Extensions set, also $10, has also served me very well, though I don't think you need to worry if you don't get it at this sale as it's often reduced to $12 or so.

Don't buy the hose clamp assortment. They are quite possibly the most worthless thing I've ever bought at Harbor Freight. They are too soft or something, I can barely snug them down before they fail.

rated:

2/26/2013 (148.12kB)
Disclaimer
Expires 2/26/2013

rated:
blueiedgod said:   lyeinyoureye said:   SalemCat said:   A wise man once said: "If a Pro needs a precision tool to get the job done, what chance does an amateur have with a cheap piece of crap ?".

Think about it.

(On the other hand, very few of us need Snap-On !)

Most pros don't need a precision tool to get the job done, it just allows them to do the work much faster.

I can attest to that. I was remodeling the bathroom, and needed to cut holes in tile for the shower handle, faucet and the shower head. I thought I could get it done with the all in one craftsman tool (oversized dremel) and Tile bit, took me almost an hour to cut one hole. I said fark it, broke down and bought a $50 diamond hole saw. Took me literally 5 minutes each to cut the rest of the holes. Now, I have a $50 diamond hole saw, that I used once, and probably will never use again.

Your time is worth something, too.

Plus I'll bet the holes look far better cut with a real Hole Saw.

As I repair and improve my home, I discover Professional "SHORTCUTS". Behind my Bathroom Wall Cabinets, and Kitchen Microwave Oven, I found that the holes made to feed the electrical wires through the drywall were made not with an Oversized Craftsman Dremel, not with a Hole Saw, not with even a Keyhole Saw. No, the holes were made with a HAMMER. They looked like crap.

I cut them larger, and made them actually circular. I won't do a job that I'm not proud of.

If you really don't think you'll ever use that Diamond Saw again, sell it on eBay. I'll bet you get $25 at least.

rated:
Thank you, Dotbody! I was getting the 20 percent off every week with the junk mail bundle, but those stopped abruptly. I actually had to pay full price for my last couple of purchases. The horror!

rated:
Correct me if I'm wrong or forgive me if this is common knowledge, but according to the wording on that 20% off coupon, if I forgot it and bought stuff anyways, I could go back and get 20% off of that purchase later (provided it's within 30 days)?

rated:
There is always a 20 percent off coupon on the Harbor Freight Facebook page.

Check it out.

rated:
blowhard7 said:   There is always a 20 percent off coupon on the Harbor Freight Facebook page. Check it out.Requires that you have an account and that you "Like" them, but good point.

rated:
Does anyone know if GUN DIGEST has HF Coupons ?

rated:
blowhard7 said:   There is always a 20 percent off coupon on the Harbor Freight Facebook page.

Check it out.

Green for you. Coupon was visible without friending them. Don't know why I never thought to friend HF before anyway.

rated:
Dotbody said:   blowhard7 said:   There is always a 20 percent off coupon on the Harbor Freight Facebook page. Check it out.Requires that you have an account and that you "Like" them, but good point.

Link

rated:
Anyone have an up-to-date $9.99 1/2" click torque wrench coupon that's meant to be printed, not one that was photographed or scanned?

rated:
thc said:   Anyone have an up-to-date $9.99 1/2" click torque wrench coupon that's meant to be printed, not one that was photographed or scanned?I've never had a problem with a scanned one, but here's one from their latest online ad for $12.99.

rated:
Are there any deals on their INSIDE TRACK CLUB currently ?

rated:

rated:
Don't skimp on things you need to trust to safe your life. By a brand name alkaline or lithium battery. For a toy some kid is going to leave on and run down anyway then cheap is ok.

rated:
Logician1313 said:   25% Off Online or In-Store Printable Coupon (Good on July 4th Only)

Thanks to atomicfire

I found one in Maxim for 25% off with a longer time window. I believe it expired end of Oct. I used it; but now looking for another. Check your free Maxim this month. Just used one at Lowes. They'll take HF coupons at HD as well.

rated:

20% Off (383.79kB)
Disclaimer
Valid through 12/2/2013.

rated:
http://is100.imagesocket.com/images/2013/07/09/2632646-rl82.jpg
25% off any single item
valid through 9/12/13

prints out nearly full page, but barcode scans just fine

rated:
blowout said:   http://is100.imagesocket.com/images/2013/07/09/2632646-rl82.jpg
25% off any single item
valid through 9/12/13

prints out nearly full page, but barcode scans just fine
Sweet -- where'd you come across this baby?

rated:
I have one for 25% that's good till 10/18/13. I believe I found it in the last issue of popular photography

rated:
25% off one item 54680999 - Good until 4/6/14

rated:
Heads up -- as the OP of this years and years ago, I wanted to provide an update regarding HF and coupons.

Apparently, their new "official" policy is Limit 1 coupon for ANY product, per person per day -- TOTAL. In other words, if you have a Save $20 off a hammer coupon and a Save $10 off a screwdriver coupon, you are ONLY allowed to use 1 of them -- pick which product you want to save on today -- total.

This has nothing to do with attempting to defraud by stacking product coupons with % off coupons for the same item or stacking multiple "free with purchase" coupons for multiple products on the same transaction, or even attempting to use all 6 of the current "free without purchase" coupons at a single time. This is outright limit 1 coupon total redeemed per day.

I have personally been told this by my local store, and a good friend called HF corporate this morning and was told the same thing after talking through the exact scenarios. A few others have posted on other deal sites being restricted as well. However still others have stated they have not been told this (yet) and have been able to continue to combine a % off coupon purchase for 1 item with a Free with Purchase coupon for a freebee. So it appears to be a not yet fully communicated/evenly applied rule just yet; but it appears to have just recently been changed.

This is as bad as Kmart last year switching from 5 total manufacturer coupons per day to now limit a total of one MFG coupon per day regardless of what you're purchasing. For them it makes no sense as they are always paid. HF though is all their own coupons, so while they can do as they see fit, it is a very negative policy.

Hopefully they reverse this policy or go back a decade and stop all these recent massive price increases and increase from 10 to 15 to 20 to 25% single coupons and do away with them all and just offer fair reasonable pricing again without the added overhead and stupid rules on coupons.

rated:

rated:

25% 5/31/14 (414.25kB)
Disclaimer

Free Items (890.19kB)
Disclaimer

20% 8/15/14 (333.97kB)
Disclaimer
More coupons. 25% off expires 5/31/14, while the others expire 8/15/14. As a note, I've never seen the 24-pack of AA batteries as a free item...

rated:
is there any way to have the coupons print in one page? (the battery one is running onto a second page).

rated:
roads288 said:   is there any way to have the coupons print in one page? (the battery one is running onto a second page).
Although there are many options, a quick and easy method would be to paste them into Word or open office. Then change their size and layout directly on the page. I made them large in size (300dpi) to preserve detail when printing.

rated:
Thanks Dotbody for the huge scans! Easier to reduce to print than the other way around!

rated:
any coupons that can be used on compressors?

rated:
lordoffire said:   any coupons that can be used on compressors?
  The 20% off coupons (1 item/ off $100) don't work on them. You'd want to find a specific coupon for a compressor. For example, a recent valpak included the 21 gallon for $149.99,  or the 3 gallon pancake for $39.99 AC. Both are pretty good prices.

rated:
Dotbody said:   
lordoffire said:   any coupons that can be used on compressors?
  The 20% off coupons (1 item/ off $100) don't work on them. You'd want to find a specific coupon for a compressor. For example, a recent valpak included the 21 gallon for $149.99,  or the 3 gallon pancake for $39.99 AC. Both are pretty good prices.

That's what I asked for ones that can....likely the total purchase won't work either

I just found the 21 gallon one in a magazine but I'm looking for one in between, both price and size
When I searched I think I saw they had an 8 gallon for $104, that might have been in the memorial ad though.....if I can find one of the $99 ones (I know they exist) for either the 8 or 10 gallon, that would be super

Don't know if they'll have a special fathers day ad but it seems likely. Otherwise the next event would be the 4th of July.

edit - found the 10 gallon for $129

rated:
Here is their latest ad with a 20% off coupon and a free 27 LED flashlight, both expire 6/30/14.

rated:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1352922/
If you scroll through the above link, there are still postings for items like the 27 LED flashlights, multi-meter, tarp and 25' tape measure that are still FREE WITHOUT PURCHASE. Some coupons don't expire until August.

rated:
brusbrother said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1352922/ 
If you scroll through the above link, there are still postings for items like the 27 LED flashlights, multi-meter, tarp and 25' tape measure that are still FREE WITHOUT PURCHASE. Some coupons don't expire until August.

Um, kinda like my post 8 messages up from yours?

@lordoffire: my stack of accumulated HF valpak coupons don't have any 8-10 gallon coupons. I found another that's the 3 gallon hotdog style for $39.99, but that's it on the ones I have. I've also seen coupons for 8-10's, but not in the last 6 months.

rated:
Dotbody said:   
brusbrother said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1352922/ 

Um, kinda like my post 8 messages up from yours?

@lordoffire: my stack of accumulated HF valpak coupons don't have any 8-10 gallon coupons. I found another that's the 3 gallon hotdog style for $39.99, but that's it on the ones I have. I've also seen coupons for 8-10's, but not in the last 6 months.

thanks for looking

just for example....
8 gallon one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harbor-Freight-40-off-2HP-8-gallon-125-p...

$129 isn't too bad since I have yet to see anyone else selling a comparable model for anywhere near that price

rated:
They had a bunch of 21 gal.  upright compressors,  for 110 dollars, on the sidewalk in front of the HF here in Florida. I believe they were these. Only a 5 day return window on them.

rated:
in2dadark said:   They had a bunch of 21 gal.  upright compressors,  for 110 dollars, on the sidewalk in front of the HF here in Florida. I believe they were theseOnly a 5 day return window on them.

I'll look the next time I'm there, but that slight fact is a tad worrisome.

rated:
(so if you find a (better) coupon within 30 days you can go back with your receipt and get a refund for the difference?)

dumping pages I have at the moment, in the spirit of greasing the wheels and giving a metaphorical middle finger to those selling them....no, they're not the best quality because they were not uploading very well as .png so .jpeg it is....if you want high quality copies, I do have them

currently looking for a heat gun coupon and any other air compressor ones (not the pancake)

rated:

heat gun (35.35kB)
Disclaimer
Here ya go...
Heat gun $7.99 coupon 48221375

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014