Home Depot Garden Clearance on Plants

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot has a ton of plants and trees on clearance sale... perennials are 50%-75% off with a great selection and trees were 25%-50% off. They had some 6' high pear trees with a before sale price of 12.99 that grow to 40'. Hardy looking selection.

I got enough to replenish everything that didn't survive the summer drought. And it's just in time for the fall planting!

This was at the Waltham MA store.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd normally be very interested but the we just went under a total outdoor watering ban where I live, probably through autumn 2008, so why bother?

Good price. But I heard fruit trees sold in HD won't bear good fruit. Is it true? If so, that defeats the hotness....

Does anybody know if Home Depot sells Venus Flytaps or Pitcher plants? If so were they on sale?

TIA

Is this National?

I have seen Venus Fly Traps at HD... but not sure if they are currently on sale or not...

tafandi said: Good price. But I heard fruit trees sold in HD won't bear good fruit. Is it true? If so, that defeats the hotness....

Part of my family runs a citrus nursery. Many of their seconds (trees only) are sold to people that sell at flea markets. Many of those trees will not give good fruit or for very long. They must remove any and all markings that the tree came from their nursery. I don't believe that Home Depot buys seconds from any of their competitors. If they do they aren't saying.

I have purchased 8 trees about four years for my store for decoration. 2 died over winter the rest do produce good fruit. I cannot specify if the quantity is good or not, my customers pick and eat most of it. One apple tree is extremely productive.

No go in North Wales, PA (suburb of Philly). All regular price and weak selection.

The key to buying from any national chain is to pick plants that will grow in your area. Sometimes they will sell things that aren't suitible for local soil conditions even though the climate zone may match up. The climate zone only considers cold hardiness, not altitude, rainfall, soil PH, mineral content, loaminess (clay versus sand) etc. Typically though, much of what these stores sell is grown regionally, so that improves your odds but not always.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014