• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HERE

This Lenovo 3000 Y410 is a sleek, dependable notebook computer that offers cutting-edge capabilities, trend-setting design and peace of mind. Weighing just 5.2 lbs, it features a compact 14.1" widescreen LCD display, a powerful Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2.0GB of high-speed memory, a 160GB hard drive and multiformat wireless LAN.

A 6-in-1 memory card reader lets you transfer photos, music and other file from these flash formats: Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital Pro (SD Pro), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro and xD-Picture Card.

The Lenovo L3000 Y410 includes:

14.1"-diagonal WXGA (1280 x 800) glossy TFT LCD screen
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5450 operating at 1.66GHz
2MB L2 cache
Up to 667MHz frontside bus
2.0GB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory, upgradable to 4.0GB
160GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive
DVD±RW drive with Double Layer support (reads/writes DVD±R/RW, DVD+R Double Layer, CD-R/RW)
Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) wireless LAN
10/100Base-T Ethernet network interface
56K V.92 modem
3 USB 2.0 ports
1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port
1 S-video out port
Integrated 1.3-megapixel camera
1 ExpressCard expansion slot
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with up to 256MB shared memory
Azalia AC '97 audio with 2 stereo speakers and subwoofer, with Dolby Home Theater
Microphone input jack, headphone output jack
6-cell lithium-ion battery, for up to 4 hours of battery life
Dimensions: 1 7/16"H x 13 3/10"W x 9 9/10"D
Weight: 5.2 lbs

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium operating system comes installed, providing enhanced security and productivity, and new ways to organize, find and share information. Other software included:

VeriFace 2.0
EasyCapture 2.5
OneKey Recovery 4.65
Energy Cut 2.1
Adobe Reader 8.0
Power2Go 5.5
Shuttle Center 2.0
Norton AntiVirus 2007 (trial, with 90 days of virus-definition updates)
Microsoft Windows Live

The Lenovo L3000 Y410 is backed by the manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

The pic on the OD website is incorrect. More pics can be found on the Lenovo site

here.

Possibly add a couple of FAR printers since OD has rebates on certain Canons and Epsons w/PC purchase.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I ordered this laptop at OD before they went out of stock. Now the OD CSR is offering 10% discount for any Laptop of my ... (more)

blanchard (Nov. 29, 2007 @ 5:24p) |

had a similar situation. csr offered $90 off R61i 8932 model (799 AR-90=709 AR) Which would of been a better deal- L3000... (more)

aoihime (Nov. 30, 2007 @ 9:00a) |

Price is down to $629.99 after 2 rebates.

mufta (Dec. 11, 2007 @ 8:26a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good although not as good as the Z61t.

Am I missing something here? How can you say this is not as good as the Z61t? The Y410 has a bigger hard drive, more ram, better battery life, and a better price.

thinkcenter said: Good although not as good as the Z61t.What are you smoking? This is a MUCH better deal than the Z61t

I've seen this laptop firsthand at OD on display earlier this week and it looked verrrry nice. It was the first time I saw that model, and I decided to google it before buying.

First & foremost If you are a fan of Vista or have no intention of using XP - then this laptop is definitely for you! (Please disregard the rest written below and check it out at your local B&M)

If you are thinking about getting this laptop with the intentions of putting XP on it, you might want to spend some quality time on google.

It appears that finding XP drivers for this model is a scavenger hunt. Some of the Vista drivers reported out there will work for some devices, but with the sound, exterior buttons, and WiFi there's been a number of reported problems. Another goofy problem is the phantom shutdowns reported. Long story short this is not as easy as trying to throw XP on a N100 that has driver support on Lenovo's site and personally I don't see Lenovo spending time making drivers when this system is intended for Vista.

The bottom line is that this laptop appears to have a solid build to it, and it looks really good! Many people still like XP and that could be a deal breaker with this particular model. I just wanted to give a heads up, because I spent a few hours looking for XP driver support before finally deciding to pass on this and wait for another deal.

(and yes this is much better than the Thinkpad deal mentioned above)

I need to order it today. But OD has removed the link to $150 rebate. Will someonePM it to me. thanks

I would also like the link to the rebate!!!!! I have been looking for another laptop!!
Melissa@consumerqueen.com

missedit said: I need to order it today. But OD has removed the link to $150 rebate. Will someonePM it to me. thanks

The rebate is still there...click on rebate savings on the page. here

That rebate expires today by the way.

I may check it outmyself today......one store by me seems to have it

I am using my wifes Y410 right now and it is really nice. As ccrows said, the lone drawback so far seems to be the lack of XP drivers for some items. Most of the hardware I believe has XP drivers, but some items don't. Since it comes with 2GB of ram though Vista doesn't run to bad though.

Hi ,
I am planning to buy this laptop today (oct 20th). can i use the above coupon for mail in rebat of $150 . the official site of Office Depot excluded that rebate from morning . the actual offer is between (10/14/07–10/20/07) . It means the date 10/20/07 is excluded or included .If included why they have removed ? I am in confussion .please help me .

Another Doubt : in the above coupon its mentioned " Office Depot® SKU 598-935 " is that an ID of a particular store or it can be used in any where (i want to buy here in Seattle).

Please help me guys !

I picked up the laptop yesterday. The rebates forms printed along with receipt. The OD $150 rebate form clearly says offer is for in-store purchases only and online orders with in-store pickup are excluded. Don't know what this means for folks ordered online. The laptop itself has glossy screen which I didn't like. The contrast isn't good enough for me.

missedit said: I picked up the laptop yesterday. The rebates forms printed along with receipt. The OD $150 rebate form clearly says offer is for in-store purchases only and online orders with in-store pickup are excluded. Don't know what this means for folks ordered online. The laptop itself has glossy screen which I didn't like. The contrast isn't good enough for me.

It's probably a different rebate form compared to the one that FatherTed posted. Because the PDF didn't say anything for In-store purchase only. And the rebate form stated "3. For online or telephone purchases, you must include a copy of the UPC." So I think $150 still works if you ordered online before 20th.

I would like to know from those who bought one, what size hard drive they got. I saw two partitions. C with capacity of ~29Gb and D with 105GB. even after 1024KB->1MB conversion, I still get only about 140GB for the net size (the advertised size was 160GB). Also is the glossy LCD screen (highly reflective) typical of most other laptops that are coming out these days? It seems like a downgrade to me.

I don't have it in front of me but that seems like what I saw also for the partitions. But I think there is a hidden partition that they use for the restore. Just a guess. You might check this out also, I haven't read it all yet but I am probably going to... Clean Install instructions.

As for the screen it is reflective, I don't know if it what you consider "highly reflective" though.

missedit said: I would like to know from those who bought one, what size hard drive they got. I saw two partitions. C with capacity of ~29Gb and D with 105GB. even after 1024KB->1MB conversion, I still get only about 140GB for the net size (the advertised size was 160GB). Also is the glossy LCD screen (highly reflective) typical of most other laptops that are coming out these days? It seems like a downgrade to me.i know what you mean.. i didn't like the glossy screens either when they first came out but the colors are a LOT more vivid than on the duller lcds so it may seem annoying to have the gloss but i assure you, it's an upgrade.

how this deal compare with this http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=531790

It seems like this Lenovo deal will come back next week so I just want to know which one to choose Thanks OP

aido said: how this deal compare with this http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=531790

It seems like this Lenovo deal will come back next week so I just want to know which one to choose Thanks OP

It appears that the Lenovo is slightly lighter by 0.3 lbs, has a slightly faster processor 1.66 GHz vs 1.50 GHz and is slightly thinner 1 7/16 inches vs 1 9/16 inches, and a built in camera with face recognition software (biometrics ).

The HP has an infrared port and.... that appears to be about it..

So I would go with the Y410. I also think it feels like a more solid build of a machine, but thats a personal opinion. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike HP (my last 2 laptops have been Compaq's) but I am really liking the solid feel of Lenovo's. The Y410 I bought for the wife is my first time owning one.

The thinkpad might have the solidly built feel but certainly not the Lenovo 3000 laptops. The Y410 looked like cheap plastic. I returned it and waiting for a HP deal. I would have bought the dv2617us except it didn't have built-in webcam. May be something will comealong on BF.

My friend bought the L3000 Y410 and having owned countless laptops this Lenovo feels plenty solid. The screen hing is excellent and the body does not flex when trying to twist it in your hands. The build quality is better than many of the HP/Compaq, and toshibas you see on display IMO and FW members know how many laptops I have been through This laptop looks cool as well.

The speakers are ok but not as good as Lenovo advertises. The "sub woffer" does very little to bring out the low ferq.
Vertical viewing angle is not the best. The screen looks good when viewing straight at it but gets washes out fast when in vertical angles. Horizontal viewing was very good.

I like how the above poster thinks the HP dv2617us will have better build quality. TOO FUNYY!

went to OD to check it out, looks nice but the power and playback buttons are built onto the hinge so it looks kinda funny.

i've owned a few mid-range notebooks (pavilion dv2000t/dv2500t, Toshiba satellite, sony vaio, Dell inspiron etc) and from playing with it for 5 minutes feels like it's built as good or better than most...although i still prefer the pavilion dv because it's more stylish. my Toshiba u305 and dv2000t feel more "plastic-y". the Lenovo has a grey/black with orange fn buttons layout...meh.

also i'm not a big ibm thinkpad fan...looks like a black brick with the off-center screen. the Lenovo and ibm r61 were side by side and i'd pick the adopted lil bro Lenovo every time. i know ibm's rep but they do nothing for me.

So, is this a good deal? Does this Lenovo worth the money?

I don't know whether to wait for another one, which I prefer to Dell Inspirion 1420, or sweep this deal?

from my calculation it's $970 up front ($899x7.75% tax)...-230ar=$740.

This is not as hot as a Dell vostro deal, but the build quality is better.

Things going for it include webcam, +cpu t5400 1.66ghz(entry c2d cpu is t5250 1.5ghz), 2gig RAM. A comparable HP or Toshiba might run you around $800-$850 right now. My OD rebate took like 1-1.5months.

Thanks OP

Waiting some more reps

ps: just remind for those who's gonna buy it online, you can add a mini fridge (worth $40) for free

Coupon code: 34561218 - Expires 11/19/2007

when are the rebates coming back for this lappy? I am in dying need of a lappy like this. I almost jumped on the x61 but the adition of $300 and minus an optical drive kind of killed the deal for me.

It's on sale now for the whole week 10/28-11/3

i mean, it said $679 AR on the title, right now its 899+tax-$70 which is :/ for me

porkipine69 said: i mean, it said $679 AR on the title, right now its 899+tax-$70 which is :/ for me
I didtnt get your point, but even though you have to pay tax, the price after rebate is around $750, which is still cheaper than the X61 you planned to buy.

ps: Is this the newest Lenovo? I tried to find some reviews and info about it but failed. Also, there one more thing that I don't understand is that Lenovo company does not sale this laptop on their website.

ahhh, sorry its been a long day for me, I didnt notice the rebate links.

has anyone bought this Lenovo? some comments please?

aido said: has anyone bought this Lenovo? some comments please?read the thread.

onion said: aido said: has anyone bought this Lenovo? some comments please?read the thread.
by that, I meant some more

Hello everybody,
I bought this yesterday evening a very prompt decision.
This definitely looks smart and nice features.
Also this is my first 'owned' laptop (before this i have always used company provided lappy) and hence these queries:
1. The Norton Antivirus is only 90 days definitions
so do I need to buy the antivirus after the 90 days? how much does it cost? do i really need it?

2. Microsoft Office (trial version)
Again do I need to buy? how much would it cost?

3. Does anybody recommend buying service plan $130 for 2 yrs
The shop technology officer gave this logic - the 2 yrs service plan also covers battery which would definitly worn out within 3 yrs (1 yr mfr + 2 yr extended) and the cost of service plan would get recovered from the battery itself. Please suggest

Thanks for your help.

swatijain said: Hello everybody,
I bought this yesterday evening a very prompt decision.
This definitely looks smart and nice features.
Also this is my first 'owned' laptop (before this i have always used company provided lappy) and hence these queries:
1. The Norton Antivirus is only 90 days definitions
so do I need to buy the antivirus after the 90 days? how much does it cost? do i really need it?

2. Microsoft Office (trial version)
Again do I need to buy? how much would it cost?

3. Does anybody recommend buying service plan $130 for 2 yrs
The shop technology officer gave this logic - the 2 yrs service plan also covers battery which would definitly worn out within 3 yrs (1 yr mfr + 2 yr extended) and the cost of service plan would get recovered from the battery itself. Please suggest

Thanks for your help.

I never buy the service plan. They are expensive, and I always hear people dissatisfied with the service. for example people buy a 2 year replacement plan thinking that its the same thing as a warranty. But in fact when there is a problem, they will fix it or replace it once, after that your on your own. Also, $130 bucks for a battery is quite expensive and I would suspect unless the battery does not function at all, they would probably put a pretty stiff argument. I suggest you pay for it with a credit card that offers double the warranty, they are way more reliable.

Thanks.. That helps but did not understood what you meant by "pay for it with a credit card that offers double the warranty, they are way more reliable".
Is there credit cards that double the warranty? I paid it by credit card (for the laptop & I did not bought the service plan)but not sure if it offers some kind of double the warranty.

Most Gold & above Visa or MC has extra benefits of doubling manufacturer's warranty up to 2 years from the date of purchase. So if your purchase has 1 yr manufacturer's warranty, the card will cover it for another year. If it has only 6 months manufacturer's warranty, it'll cover for another 6 months. Call your CC company and ask them to send you the brochure for "Member's benefits" I forgot what it's really called, it's something like that.

I've done this with MC before for a digital camera. All I needed was submit a claim form, got a repair quote from a camera shop in my neighborhood, voila, less than a week after I submit the claim form and repair quote, the check to cover the cost of repair was in my hand. I was wowed!!

swatijain said: Thanks.. That helps but did not understood what you meant by "pay for it with a credit card that offers double the warranty, they are way more reliable".
Is there credit cards that double the warranty? I paid it by credit card (for the laptop & I did not bought the service plan)but not sure if it offers some kind of double the warranty.

onion said: aido said: has anyone bought this Lenovo? some comments please?read the thread.
are you the one who posted the review about this Lenovo Y410 in NotebookrReview? If so, big thank

swatijain said: Thanks.. That helps but did not understood what you meant by "pay for it with a credit card that offers double the warranty, they are way more reliable".

I think most of the AMEX cards and Visa cards have em. Again, check with your credit card company, you may already have it.

I checked.. my visa card does not have that feature too bad!!

Skipping 30 Messages...
Price is down to $629.99 after 2 rebates.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014