• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a nice discount on (IMHO) the absolute best cup-at-a-time coffee maker.
I got one a couple of years ago and never went back.

Keurig at Amazon

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Amazon is about the best price you'll find...If you're going to buy in bulk (10 boxes or more) this place has free shipp... (more)

galvodog10 (Nov. 02, 2007 @ 10:42a) |

definitely get the "My K-Cup" ... i like a stronger cup and even the "extra bold" k-cups weren't doing it for me. the M... (more)

henare (Nov. 05, 2007 @ 2:37a) |

Couldn't agree more, the "My K-Cup" is a valuable addition to a Keurig brewer, I ordered 2 off Amazon when I received my... (more)

galvodog10 (Nov. 05, 2007 @ 8:44a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If for one....good deal...cheaper than eBay....great gift for Christmas...

Nice price. If you want it faster and can live with ~$5 more cost, get it at Linen 'n Things with the 20% coupon in the Sunday papers, should make it about ~$5 or so more after tax.

This is a good gift for people you want to annoy.

This may be the best cup-at-a-time coffee maker, but these only have a place in an office setting IMO.

It's annoying to have the expensive k-kups, it produces a lot of waste (non-eco-friendly), and uses energy to keep water hot...

If someone you love (including you) loves coffee, don't get them a Keurig (electric kettle & burr grinder & french press is better). If you need a way to increase your small business' productivity--go ahead and pick one up.

dossux said: This is a good gift for people you want to annoy.
No more annoying than your post on a good deal for the coffee maker

dossux said: This may be the best cup-at-a-time coffee maker, but these only have a place in an office setting IMO.
These are perfect for home, I hate brewing a full pot when I only want a cup ... french press may fit the bill, but just not my style.

dossux said: It's annoying to have the expensive k-kups, it produces a lot of waste (non-eco-friendly), and uses energy to keep water hot...
From Amazon, cost comes out to $.40 a cup, hardly expensive ... you can empty the grinds into the flower bed and recycle the foil top and plastic bottom if you so desire (oh and only takes a min to heat up, then you can turn it off)

dossux said: If someone you love (including you) loves coffee, don't get them a Keurig (electric kettle & burr grinder & french press is better). If you need a way to increase your small business' productivity--go ahead and pick one up.
We all have an opinion I will give you that.

P.S. thx OP ... had my eye on one and pulled the trigger on this deal!

Please spend the extra money and get the do it yourself kcup attachment. You can then grind your own beans and put what you want in the reusable kcup filter attachment. Then the cost pre cup at home goes down to pennies. We have had this for a year or two and we don't use the K-cups for us. We grind and brew fresh. We keep cups on hand for when we have company.
This is the best and with the reusable filter the cost per cup is nothing because we don't waste a half pot each day anymore.

Great timing. Heading back to grad school and need the quick cup in the morning. I am going to use the reuseable cup as well so I don't create more waste. Plus, it just makes financial sense. I will keep the 12 cup maker for guests.

FYI...The reusable K cup is available at Linens and Things (around $14) and there's always the 20% off coupon.

Ken987 and Kalenscott are right on the money.
Use the "My K-Cup" reusable filter (get 2) and dump the grounds in the garden when done!

BTW, I have tried the french press method and just find it nasty and a royal PITA to deal with. I mean really, having to boil water separately - then pour it on the grounds - then press - then carefully pour in cup. Then you still have the mess to clean up. Not worth it, IMO.

On the other hand - every single person I have ever made a k-cup for has said they want one. Most don't even mind the $100 or so for the machine. I have given them as xmas presents and housewarming gifts and when I go back to their house, the machine has a place of honor in the kitchen or bar. The variety of ready-made k-cups is amazing (we like Timothy's and Gloria Jean's the best) and you can get them for less than .40 a cup if you shop around.

Didn't know about the re-usable filter ... appreciate the information people.

Great deal! Since you guys brought this up, the other day I posted the B50 unit at Costco which includes 90 cups with it, AND the reusable filter as well. Its a great deal IMO. It was $129.99.

This is a good deal, and definatley get the attachment to do you own coffee beans.

However, if you want something that is much less expensive, and brews much better coffee, try the Aeropress. It runs between $25-$30, very easy to use and clean. My 'one cup' of coffee choice.

http://www.ThinkGeek.com/caffeine/accessories/8e3a/?cpg=froogle

List Price: $119.99
Amazon's Price: $99.95 (17% off)
Gold Box Discount: - $20.00

Gold Box Price: $79.95 (Expired!)

Oh well, I got the next model up (I think) for free for joining Green Mountain a year or so ago. Not sure if that's still valid, but worth doing IMO.

Nice price. If you want it faster and can live with ~$5 more cost, get it at Linen 'n Things with the 20% coupon in the Sunday papers, should make it about ~$5 or so more after tax.

LNT Friends & Family starts 10/25/07 and gives you 25% off your entire purchase. Link is at SD because it won't let me post.

I didn't think this was a nice price ... really. I got the B-50 free, and for awhile there the B-50 was on Clearance at BestBuy for $59 ...

This machine is great for making single cups for yourself at work. The "My K-Cup" works well and tastes better than the premade K-Cups. I've been using this combo for many months now.

For home use, I find a Chemex to be better, though.

As mentioned, this is a good deal.

Any luck finding great prices on k-cups? I think the avg I have seen is $0.40 ea - $0.60 ea.
Any good sales?

TowHead said: I didn't think this was a nice price ... really. I got the B-50 free, and for awhile there the B-50 was on Clearance at BestBuy for $59 ...

no problem. we'll all just hop into your time machine and we'll all get free keurig brewers!

G35 said: As mentioned, this is a good deal.

Any luck finding great prices on k-cups? I think the avg I have seen is $0.40 ea - $0.60 ea.
Any good sales?

Here's a lot of coupons around. For example look here: http://aromacup.com/blogs-coupons-news/k%11cups-coupons.html

henare said: TowHead said: I didn't think this was a nice price ... really. I got the B-50 free, and for awhile there the B-50 was on Clearance at BestBuy for $59 ...

no problem. we'll all just hop into your time machine and we'll all get free keurig brewers!

Can we go further back, so we can all buy 25cents coffee at a coffee shop?

its 69.99 now, Friday sale
call for PM

Thanks alik....just request my $10 back

alik99 said: its 69.99 now, Friday sale
call for PM

This is for the B40 model right? The link on the first OP page does not get to a Keurig product. But I do see the B40 for $69.99 on the Friday sale.

Where does evereyone buy their coffee k-kups at the best price, Amazon?

forthill

Amazon is about the best price you'll find...If you're going to buy in bulk (10 boxes or more) this place has free shipping and a pretty good selection for 9.99 a box Here....this is usually where I order as I'm a Green Mountain fan...you should also keep your eyes on the forums here for deals singleserve the sales & discounts sections....I've been a Keurig K-cup guy for a few years now, wouldn't have it any other way...The wife & I drink different coffees, no more double pots or sitting on the burner for hours....bought my original b-50 and after a little over a year it went belly up, I called them up and even though it was out of warranty they sent me a brand new one...top-notch company...I think Green Mountain just bought them or vice-versa

definitely get the "My K-Cup" ... i like a stronger cup and even the "extra bold" k-cups weren't doing it for me. the My K-Cup has made all the difference ... get a second if you entertain often.

henare said: definitely get the "My K-Cup" ... i like a stronger cup and even the "extra bold" k-cups weren't doing it for me. the My K-Cup has made all the difference ... get a second if you entertain often.

Couldn't agree more, the "My K-Cup" is a valuable addition to a Keurig brewer, I ordered 2 off Amazon when I received my 2nd pot, k-cups are expensive even on sale and this is a nice way to adjust your own grind strength...good point

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014