• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Cyber Monday ad

RCA User Manual and Specsheet

The specs mentioned on Staples.com seem to indicate that it is not an HD-DVD player but is in fact a DVD-Recorder.
The Model Number however is Correct for the RCA HD-DVD player, look at the RCA manual and spec sheet.

Either the Model Number is wrong or the specs are wrong (wouldn't be the first time for that Staples posted inaccurate specs).

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BOLLOCKS. Its not an HD DVD player.

this is an upconverter of regular dvd. not an HD-DVD disc player.

arrowspark said: Cyber Monday ad

RCA User Manual and Specsheet

The specs mentioned on Staples.com seem to indicate that it is not an HD-DVD player but is in fact a DVD-Recorder.
The Model Number however is Correct for the RCA HD-DVD player, look at the RCA manual and spec sheet.

Either the Model Number is wrong or the specs are wrong (wouldn't be the first time for that Staples posted inaccurate specs).

Sure enough, I'll order it and hope for an HDV5000. If not, I'll return it.

$499.99 on Amazon

Reviews say this is the same as the Toshiba HD-A1. So $50 may be what it is worth, considering you can get the Toshibas for betwen $150 to $200 but they include 5 to 7 free discs. Still I would jump on this if true because I am not one to buy discs. I am usually not too interested in watching a movie I have already seen unless a few years have passed.

Ima order it and if it's not the HD model.. no hassle return at my local Staples.. thats fo sho

The model number listed at the footer of the Staples page is RBDRC8052N. Removing the RB (which indicates the refurbished nature of the product) leaves the model number DRC8052N.

The specs for DRC8052N match the description provided. Some reviews are here.

OK, so I'm taking a chance on Staples actually honoring the ad and granting me an HD DVD player. For $50, I might even want to keep it as an upscaling DVD recorder. Who knows, maybe the refurbishedness of this unit fixes all the bugs reported in the user reviews on videohelp.com.

The thing I'm struggling with is that I've placed my order after 12 AM on 11/26, and the Cyber Monday price isn't being reflected on the invoice. Their "about Staples" and contact information only indicate offices on the East coast, so it should be Monday for Staples already.

Does anyone have any experience with CM pricing at Staples? When do the CM prices kick in? Do you think they'll adjust my order price based on the email I've sent them already? Thanks.

Dead? Showing OOS for me

Does anyone have a copy/screen capture/etc of the ad that said HDV5000?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014