• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
CambodianBeast said: I don't like advertisements that give me the bird.

saw that too, the xmas tree ornament outline behind each item, the top looks like they are giving you the "finger", probably are saying thanks for buying up all our laptops before 6am BF morn cuz we scewed up and you took advantage of us.

C'mon Staplez, you can do better than this...

Where are the good deals?

delete

Ranyuncho said: clicky if you likey dont clicky if you dont likey

What's with the flaming babytalk? If your link's title isn't going to be informative, don't try to be cute and clever - just type "Link."

I'm critical of Ranyuncho for posting a thread with an obviously misleading title "hd dvd $50" which most people interpret as an HD-DVD player, not a cr@ppy upconvert player which are a dime a dozen. This would not bother me so much, except for some of the first response in this thread made this same complaint and Ranyuncho was too lazy to edit his title. Big thumbs down.

Posting and keeping an obviously false thread title is a sleazy way to keep a thread active.

Oy...all you people are complaining about how bad the Staples cyber monday deals are. You may be right, but consider that they just had their black friday sale a few days ago, and there were some very decent deals there. We can't expect them to have killer deals every day. Perhaps we should just be thankful for the BF sale and move on.

I will order anyway, and will fight with Staples.

I have nothing to do like most of you guys here.

dealmaster00 said: Oy...all you people are complaining about how bad the Staples cyber monday deals are. You may be right, but consider that they just had their black friday sale a few days ago, and there were some very decent deals there. We can't expect them to have killer deals every day. Perhaps we should just be thankful for the BF sale and move on.

Gotta agree. We've been going weeks and months on end without decent sales from Staples, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise. IIRC most of their summer holiday sales stunk, so in a way we should consider ourselves lucky to have gotten some good BF deals.

If it turns out that the model number is correct, then this deal is great.
I'll be ordering one if I can and I'll return it if it's not an HDDVD player.

By the way, when does this deal go live for online ordering?

the hdv5000 is a true hd dvd player - check here

Text
and here
so pretty hot deal.

look at the size of that thing though. thats what i call old school.

(1.5 years ago!)

SimMike said: I'm critical of Ranyuncho for posting a thread with an obviously misleading title "hd dvd $50" which most people interpret as an HD-DVD player, not a cr@ppy upconvert player which are a dime a dozen. This would not bother me so much, except for some of the first response in this thread made this same complaint and Ranyuncho was too lazy to edit his title. Big thumbs down.

Posting and keeping an obviously false thread title is a sleazy way to keep a thread active.

The problem with this deal is that Staples used the correct model number in their ad for an HD player. Not the OP's fault if we can't tell whether the model # is wrong or the pic and description is wrong. I personally think they put the wrong model number on the web page with the correct pic and description of the model they're selling for $49. No way this product would sell for 10% of it's retail price, refurb or not.

onion said: jumblies said: a 40 G external drive. Wow, how would I ever fill it???Its a 2.5" portable drive. MOR. Not awful for the price.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat at that price if I knew it was SATA.

But such a small drive almost certainly is PATA.

Still, one dreams.

price raised to 99$ now

grtgrfx said: I personally think they put the wrong model number on the web page with the correct pic and description of the model they're selling for $49. No way this product would sell for 10% of it's retail price, refurb or not.

The retail price doesn't mean anything when the product isn't being sold at retail. There's no reason why refurb HDV5000s wouldn't sell for $50, when new HD-A2s were being sold for $100 recently.

kchatter said:
price raised to 99$ now

Check your calendar, the sale is on Monday.

Right back at ya Staples!

I would lean towards Stples screwups keying in bad information. On page three of the ad, they list a GE Edge 3/Pack cordless phone for $29.99. Clicking on that link takes you to the 'two-pack' page. Neither the two or three pack have the correct 'original price'.

grtgrfx said: SimMike said: I'm critical of Ranyuncho for posting a thread with an obviously misleading title "hd dvd $50" which most people interpret as an HD-DVD player, not a cr@ppy upconvert player which are a dime a dozen. This would not bother me so much, except for some of the first response in this thread made this same complaint and Ranyuncho was too lazy to edit his title. Big thumbs down.

The problem with this deal is that Staples used the correct model number in their ad for an HD player. Not the OP's fault if we can't tell whether the model # is wrong or the pic and description is wrong. I personally think they put the wrong model number on the web page with the correct pic and description of the model they're selling for $49. No way this product would sell for 10% of it's retail price, refurb or not.

Still not editing the post title is pretty lazy. The least something like this merits is a "YMMV" or something, anything.

edavid said: grtgrfx said: I personally think they put the wrong model number on the web page with the correct pic and description of the model they're selling for $49. No way this product would sell for 10% of it's retail price, refurb or not.

The retail price doesn't mean anything when the product isn't being sold at retail. There's no reason why refurb HDV5000s wouldn't sell for $50, when new HD-A2s were being sold for $100 recently.

Well, der, that's why Amazon is selling the actual HD model for $499? It is being sold at retail.

grtgrfx said: edavid said: The retail price doesn't mean anything when the product isn't being sold at retail. There's no reason why refurb HDV5000s wouldn't sell for $50, when new HD-A2s were being sold for $100 recently.

Well, der, that's why Amazon is selling the actual HD model for $499? It is being sold at retail.

That's a stale listing on Amazon. If they ever get any in stock (unlikely), the price will be much lower.

It's midnight on the easy coast... sale prices aren't yet online. I wonder if they're correcting the sale pages now that it's clear there's a screw-up.

I still plan on buying the player unless Staples confirms it's the wrong model. Worst that will happen is they have to send a lot of people refunds.

Now 12:15, prices still not updated.

Gotta love Staples!!!!

robv said: Now 12:15, prices still not updated.

Gotta love Staples!!!!
Staples never updates their prices at midnight. What made you expect them to do it this time? They probably will not show up until 4-6am.

Staples updates at odd times, but with Black Friday they updated on-time at 6 AM like they said. Granted, there was no time given here... but it is Cyber Monday and the deals aren't online. Hopefully they'll use this time to clear up the HD DVD snafu.

price updating at midnite eastern time for what? So us pacific and central time customers can complain that we are not getting the fair shot at getting it at the ring of the bell?

midnite plus 01 pacific time so stay up and suffer you eastcoast people.

The 40GB disk drive is now at the "Cyber Monday" price of $25 AR. I didn't check it earlier so I don't know if they actually changed it.

see all the red i'm getting? Yep, there goes your eastcoast people

Scaredwitless
TheRealTechjunkie

so who's next?

storerobber said: price updating at midnite eastern time for what? So us pacific and central time customers can complain that we are not getting the fair shot at getting it at the ring of the bell?

midnite plus 01 pacific time so stay up and suffer you eastcoast people.

...or you West coast people could place your orders at 9:01 PM when it's 12:01 AM on the East coast where Staples began:

Our first store opened in 1986 in Brighton, MA

Staples Investor Information - all addresses are East Coast.

I've placed my order already and emailed customer service too. If they wont adjust my invoice and it's not the HD-DVD player, then I'll just return it.

Staples always starts to update at 12AM PST, not EST.

storerobber said: see all the red i'm getting? Yep, there goes your eastcoast people

Scaredwitless
TheRealTechjunkie

so who's next?

You got red from me because your assertion makes no sense. It's not as if the west coast is off in some parallel universe that doesn't exist in normal space time as we know it at 12:01 EST. I think it's called 9:01PM for you folks.

Scaredwitless said: storerobber said: see all the red i'm getting? Yep, there goes your eastcoast people

Scaredwitless
TheRealTechjunkie

so who's next?

You got red from me because your assertion makes no sense. It's not as if the west coast is off in some parallel universe that doesn't exist in normal space time as we know it at 12:01 EST. I think it's called 9:01PM for you folks.

I set the bait, you took it. Without me calling out your name, you would not come back for a follow up. Logic does not make any sense. It saids cyber MONDAY so 1201 for me and 301 for you is a monday and it qualifies for a cybermonday. Do it any other way will constitute a fraud. Besides, I have never given anyone red for we don't care because we know an idiot post when we see one so have other people given you red before? Why start now?

Looks like the other person TheRealTechjunkie retracted their red. Proactive style works after all.

ActuaActuallyActually, theyasuka said: Staples updates at odd times, but with Black Friday they updated on-time at 6 AM like they said. Granted, there was no time given here... but it is Cyber Monday and the deals aren't online. Hopefully they'll use this time to clear up the HD DVD snafu.Actually, they were updated by 4:30am on BF. The website would say that they were closed but if you kept reloading you could get through (I did). As for the current status, I'd be surprised if there is even anyone there working on the supposed error. Past history has shown that they fix those after 9am or so when people show up at work.

wow these deals are crappy compared to the ones on BF Staples online. Why even bother making a cyber monday if the deals are so much worse then BF?

thanks to the OP for posting it tho.

delete

edavid said: The 40GB disk drive is now at the "Cyber Monday" price of $25 AR. I didn't check it earlier so I don't know if they actually changed it.

No, The deal has been there since this afternoon. Oh, well.

You saw that too?

Pretty obvious wasn't it?

After searching, I think there will be a battle with staple_.
If you look at SK# and you will find the true model# is RBDRC8052N.
The spec match RBDRC8052N from RCA website. Just google RBDRC8052N for more info, if you want one.
HDV5000 is made by Toshiba and is running $500 new. A normal electronic refurb is about 20 - 60% off, so you can do the math.
Im going to sleep now and check later to see if they fix the title or they fix the SKU#.

edavid said: The 40GB disk drive is now at the "Cyber Monday" price of $25 AR. I didn't check it earlier so I don't know if they actually changed it.
Just to let you know this is a mail in rebate and not a Easy rebate.
Check the forum and you will understand why IO Magic is on black list of rebates.

The web site seems hammered.

they are who we thought they were! those Staples advertisement NOOB!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014