• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
billrubin said: ActuaActuallyActually, theyasuka said: Staples updates at odd times, but with Black Friday they updated on-time at 6 AM like they said. Granted, there was no time given here... but it is Cyber Monday and the deals aren't online. Hopefully they'll use this time to clear up the HD DVD snafu.Actually, they were updated by 4:30am on BF. The website would say that they were closed but if you kept reloading you could get through (I did). As for the current status, I'd be surprised if there is even anyone there working on the supposed error. Past history has shown that they fix those after 9am or so when people show up at work.

Yes, the reloading bug wound up killing the deal for those that couldn't hit reload every second for 15 minutes. Staples screws another deal... who could have guessed?

The site has been updated, the HDV5000 references removed, yet Staples is referring to it as an "HD DVD" player, stupidly misleading folks to think it will play HD-DVDs. It will only wind up costing them thousands in shipping and processing time to handle all those returns.

Removed.

Bought the Brother laser printer and Brother MFP.

storerobber said:

Looks like the other person TheRealTechjunkie retracted their red. Proactive style works after all.

Nope, still Red.

Why should I have to stay up til 3'AM on a work night? There's nothing fraudulent about beginning the sale when it's already Monday at Staples headquarters and in the nation's capitol. Just because it's not Monday where you are doesn't mean it's not Monday anywhere else.

Item description has been modified to exclude the HDV5000 model number now, and even though page 2 of the Cyber Monday ad is still showing $49.95, clicking on that item now shows $69.95. They managed to fix one mistake and create another.

TheRealTechjunkie said: storerobber said:

Looks like the other person TheRealTechjunkie retracted their red. Proactive style works after all.

Nope, still Red.

Why should I have to stay up til 3'AM on a work night? There's nothing fraudulent about beginning the sale when it's already Monday at Staples headquarters and in the nation's capitol. Just because it's not Monday where you are doesn't mean it's not Monday anywhere else.

Item description has been modified to exclude the HDV5000 model number now, and even though page 2 of the Cyber Monday ad is still showing $49.95, clicking on that item now shows $69.95. They managed to fix one mistake and create another.

wow bud, might want to read below that...

Reg. $99.99
$69.99
Each
Save $30.00

Before:

* $20.00 Instant Coupon

Final Price:
$49.99

Bought.....

Brother All-in-One, (just want the ink, cost more to buy ink only)

and.....

Nikon Camera and Epson« R260 Printer.
The system refuse to take coupon 29090 for "free" printer advertised Yesterday
(-$10 with camera purchased exp. 12/26, -$75 Epson rebate)
Staple posted this camera qualify for the coupon (website Yesterday).

timefades said: edavid said: The 40GB disk drive is now at the "Cyber Monday" price of $25 AR. I didn't check it earlier so I don't know if they actually changed it.

No, The deal has been there since this afternoon. Oh, well.

Actually, that deal has been going since Wednesday the 21st.

I recall seeing that same RCA pic in one of this sunday's flyers in Boston area newspapers for $50 new. It was either Radio Shack, Target, Circuti City or Best Buy.

THIS IS DVD RECORDER, ALSO UP CONVERSION.
MODEL NUMBER DRC8052N
LINK IN YAHOO

ahecht said: timefades said: edavid said: The 40GB disk drive is now at the "Cyber Monday" price of $25 AR. I didn't check it earlier so I don't know if they actually changed it.

No, The deal has been there since this afternoon. Oh, well.

Actually, that deal has been going since Wednesday the 21st.

Just my opinion, but these IO Magic drives are terrible. I used to have one that every time you bumped it, the drive disappeared from windows. The usb connection was terrible. The short warranty meant I was hosed. With all the 120 or 160 Gigabyte name brand external drives going for around $50 to $60 any more... it's hard to justify buying this thing.

How would the RCA DVD Recorder compare to the SC2000 at WalMart and the House brand at RadioShack which both sell for $50?

Who makes this for RCA? Is it a lite-On?

Thanks

Wow this is going to confuse the average consumer big time. Technically it is an HD DVD player, it upscales your existing DVDs to HD resolution.

This is yet another reason why Blu-Ray is the superior format. Less name confusion.

Does anyone have a copy/screen capture/etc of the ad that said HDV5000?

Ninjak said: Wow this is going to confuse the average consumer big time. Technically it is an HD DVD player, it upscales your existing DVDs to HD resolution.

This is yet another reason why Blu-Ray is the superior format. Less name confusion.

Dude. It sounds like you are the average consumer and have zero understanding of technology. How can you say it is an HD DVD player? If you don't know what you are talking about then don't say anything. I don't reply here much but when I see something like this which is 100% inaccurate I feel I need to let the orginal poster know. ha...upscales to HD resolution. hahahahahahahahah. Go ahead buy it ninjak an brag to all your ninja friends how you scored a great deal on an hd-dvd player.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014