• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dillards is having an additional 50% off all clearance tagged items sale on January 1 (today). Stores open at 10AM and we are getting ready to go. It should have been in the papers, but if not - here you go.

Not to boast but we are getting close to $2600 of furnature for $450 on a pre-buy. This is a YMMV since pre-selling the furnature was up to the store manager.

Good shopping!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
What I don't get is that Dillard's does not advertise these deals or at least I don't see them. It seems to be hit or m... (more)

redskys (Jan. 05, 2008 @ 1:23p) |

They did this sale last year on 1/1. i missed it because i was out of town, but i heard about it. I received a Dillard... (more)

macinas (Jan. 05, 2008 @ 2:11p) |

JYI Stuff I ordered from Dillards.com on 1/1 came today. I thought that was fairly quick.

zip77340 (Jan. 05, 2008 @ 4:27p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

what would fatwallet be without alot of boasting?

is this nationwide?

i have been buying my suits at dillard's when they got to 50% off. This usually happens around July & Jan.. I'll have to swing by to see if they're marked down.

Another FYI, the specialty items that they bring in for XMas are 75%+ off online. Last year I picked up a gambling set for $37.50 that was listed for $149, as well as an ipod stereo system for the same. I got about $500 worth of stuff for under $100 shipped. No tax for some reason.

ash =o)

just saw the ad in the paper and I'm heading out the door!

Unbelievable prices in the store.

Here is what I bought ...

3 Calvin Clain/ PerryEllis shirts ( $16 each after discount Originally around $65)
4 Nautica pants ($15 after discount. Originally $60)

and many more...

Thanks!

is it onl 1/1? or going to last?

Sweet! Got a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans for $19.50.

If I was near a Dillards clearance center, I'd be racking up. When I asked last time in, the lady said they most always run the same promotions that they have in the retail store. Too bad the one in Charlotte is about 80mi from here........

I got tired and wanted to come back tomorrow but they said it was a one day sale. Got some wonderful deals.

i got 2 polo hoodies

The Harry & Davids gift boxes were nice deal at about 75% off of list.

kvilledrummer said: Sweet! Got a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans for $19.50.

If I was near a Dillards clearance center, I'd be racking up. When I asked last time in, the lady said they most always run the same promotions that they have in the retail store. Too bad the one in Charlotte is about 80mi from here........

How do you know which one is a Dillards' clearance center?

Thanks OP

Got some great deals on Samsonite luggage

Wife came home with a Coach bag and a Dooney bag. Got them both for less than $200. I guess that is a good deal, I don't normally shop for purses.

The wife didnt spend a lot, but enough to make her happy....

I was nearly tempted by the luggage, but will buy hardside online for a little bit less and be better off.

i loaded up on clothes...

2 ralph lauren sweaters regularly 125.. paid 45
3 ralph lauren button down shirts regularly 89.. paid 33
2 prs roundtree & york pants regularly 60.. paid 22.50

total 637.. paid 230.. savings of $407

the cashier said their new clothes were coming in about 3 weeks earlier than normal so they had to move some merchandise fast.

thanks alot OP.

quuker said: kvilledrummer said: Sweet! Got a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans for $19.50.

How do you know which one is a Dillards' clearance center?

You don't know until you walk into one as they don't really publicise them. I found the one at Eastland Mall in Charlotte, NC by asking on another thread & somebody that knew about it PM'ed me. I believe there is also one in Omaha, NE & Dallas, TX from comments I've seen.

They appear to be normally found at dying malls in cities where the main retail areas have moved to different parts of the city. I know Eastland Mall is in the poor part of town. You can't tell from the outside of the mall that it is a clearance center but there is a sign as soon as you walk in. They don't always keep the same hours as normal retail stores. The one in Charlotte closes at 7pm.

The clearance center is where they consolidate merchandise that didn't sell from all the stores in that geographic area. Everything in the clearance center is tagged at least 75% off retail. They will run special promotions on different categories of items to try & clear them out. For instance when I was there a couple weeks ago, they had all long sleeve patterned dress shirts an extra 60% off the marked price. When the retail stores run a promotion like around late Feb when they do extra 30% off all clearance, the clearance center generally runs the same promotion. Because of that, this would have been a great day to be there if I didn't live so far away.

That being said, you can't always find what you want there. Stuff like the Lucky Jeans I bought today don't normally make it that far down the clearance chain as they will see 75% off retail & an extra 30% off clearance at retail before they would be sent to the clearance center. You have to wade through some crap but there are some great gems to be found sometimes.

darn! i missed it. i'm beating myself up now that i missed this sales event. does anyone know if dillards have another 50% clearance event? thanks.

suszuop said: darn! i missed it. i'm beating myself up now that i missed this sales event. does anyone know if dillards have another 50% clearance event? thanks.

Usually not 50% off, but in a several weeks they will have a 30% off either right before or after inventory. I think the 50% off are generally on Jan 1st. They might take another markdown and then offer 30% off that sometime this month.

I thought that they usually have this clearance sale starting sometime in January and lasting a few weeks. I guess this sale on the 1st was a completely different sale?

the manager at the standard dillards here was yapping about how someone was keying things 50% then 75% off all day. lol. what a mess that place was; it was like a bunch of temps were running the whole store.

Khaos13 said: I thought that they usually have this clearance sale starting sometime in January and lasting a few weeks. I guess this sale on the 1st was a completely different sale?

yep.. this was different than their normal 50 off sale.. this was an EXTRA 50 off already clearanced price items.

Yeah, I am definitely angry that I missed it! So is this something that happens every year on the 1st?

Khaos13 said: Yeah, I am definitely angry that I missed it! So is this something that happens every year on the 1st?

i don't think so... the cashier told me she had been working there fro 10 years and this is the first time she has ever seen an EXTRA 50%.

She said they ordered the new season's clothes to come in 2 or so weeks too early.

50% and 50% off that equals 75%. Dillard's will run a 75% before the season is over.

just hearing about the coach deals everyone was getting is making me depressed that i missed the sale of year. i don't recall such a sale last year and who has a one-day sale in the middle of the week like dillards did on 01/01? that was just so unexpected.

What I don't get is that Dillard's does not advertise these deals or at least I don't see them. It seems to be hit or miss if you happen to go into the store. I've even seen where one Dillard's has some items on sale that another did not. I miss the 75 off 75 cloths clearance I few years back..haven't seen it since.

They did this sale last year on 1/1. i missed it because i was out of town, but i heard about it. I received a Dillards gift card for Christmas and was waiting for the sale to go shopping. Unfortunately, i only had 2 hours there - could have easily spent another 2 and then gone on to another dillards.

I am waiting for next year...going to cross my fingers they do the sale again.

JYI Stuff I ordered from Dillards.com on 1/1 came today. I thought that was fairly quick.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014