• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
02/22/08
UPDATE:

Deal has changed and is now for new customers only:

DIRECTV
Save $10.00 per month!
Receive a $10.00 credit on your DIRECTV bill, for 24 months when you subscribe as a new customer to DIRECTV.
Also, receive a free HD receiver, or DVR upgrade, and free installation with a new DIRECTV subscription.
Above offer is in addition to the nationally advertised offer, available at the time of subscription.
Offer is available only by calling the AAA exclusive DIRECTV toll-free number: 1-800-242-9114. Valid AAA membership number needed when calling.
After purchase, a $10.00 “AAA Member discount” credit will appear on your monthly DIRECTV bill for 24 months.
Enjoy over 250 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, and the most comprehensive collection of sports programming available anywhere!

DIRECTV, the nation’s leading satellite television service provider, presents the finest television experience available to more than 15.6 million customers through exclusive content, industry-leading customer service (which has surpassed cable for six years running) and superior technologies.

RESTRICTIONS
Proof of AAA membership required at time of purchase.
Not valid with other discounts, promotions or coupons.
Available at participating locations. Offers subject to change without notice.
Subject to availability.
Various additional restrictions may apply.
Offer may be withdrawn at any time

***************************************************************************************
ORIGINAL OFFER:
DirecTv AAA discounts for new ($240) and existing ($100) customers
Actual offer:

DIRECTV
Save $10.00 per month!
Receive a $10.00 credit on your DIRECTV bill, for 24 months when you subscribe as a new customer to DIRECTV.
Also, receive a free HD receiver, or DVR upgrade, and free installation with a new DIRECTV subscription.
Above offer is in addition to the nationally advertised offer, available at the time of subscription.
Existing DIRECTV customers can qualify for a $50 rebate, once a year, for two years.
Offer is available only by calling the AAA exclusive DIRECTV toll-free number: 1-800-242-9114. Valid AAA membership number needed when calling.
After purchase, a $10.00 “AAA Member discount” credit will appear on your monthly DIRECTV bill for 24 months.
Enjoy over 250 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, and the most comprehensive collection of sports programming available anywhere!

DIRECTV, the nation’s leading satellite television service provider, presents the finest television experience available to more than 15.6 million customers through exclusive content, industry-leading customer service (which has surpassed cable for six years running) and superior technologies.

link

Note for new customers, the AAA discount is in addition to the other offers you see all the time for new customers.

For existing customers, here is what I got:
$50 rebate on my next months statement and $50 rebate on the 13th month with an additional 12 month commitment. I thought this was pretty good. FYI, my CSR was a woman named Corey.

They did ask for the first 6 digits of my AAA card number.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
was on my first bill. I'd call them

They did not have my extra referal discount on mine, I had to call.

murpheeee (Sep. 29, 2009 @ 10:23a) |

Looks to be dead? the link is dead and I can't find any other link thru google

lostinla (Oct. 15, 2009 @ 1:31p) |

freddyfoster (Oct. 15, 2009 @ 2:18p) |

"Satellite Television Provider INFORMATION PRINTED IN AAA WORLD REGARDING EXISTING DIRECTV CUSTOMER OFFER WAS CORRECT AT TIME OF PRINTING BUT WAS RESCINDED 2/22/2008 BY DIRECTV DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

http://www.aaamidatlantic.com/savings/detail.asp?id=912

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thnx, OP. I'm giving this a try ASAP.

The Doob

TYOP!

Thanks OP.

I am fed up with Comcast finally, and looking at Direct TV. Anyone know any good deals to combine with this?

Thanks OP. It's rare for them to actually include existing customers... says so right in the details.

Thanks OP. Dad's a AAA member and DTV customer, so it's hot for him!

Saved me a $100 - easy call!

Thanks, OP. Easy $100.

Thanks OP.

good deal but for existing customers it extends your contract for 1 year.

I just upgraded my system less than 2 weeks ago. Would I still qualify for the rebate?

What's the cheapest plan they offer to new customer? Never try DirecTv before.

randall said: I just upgraded my system less than 2 weeks ago. Would I still qualify for the rebate?

Doesn't cost to ask!?

Great find!

my contract is up in April of this year, so I'm not going to bite on this.....

They want to bait you into sticking around once your contrat is up so if you call to cancel, I'm sure they will offer a heck of a lot more than the 50 bucks that they are offering through this service.

Poop.
I was hoping to be able to use my CAA (Canadian affiliate of AAA) number but it didn't work.
I live in the States now, but still have a CAA membership.

Not a hot deal, but a co-worker just told me they've pulled HDNet, UniversalHD, etc, and made them EXTRA-COST channels now, no longer included in the HD package, because they don't have SD counterparts. Anyone know if this is true?

yup saved $100 - additional year commitment - sweet OP thanks

jwardl said: Not a hot deal, but a co-worker just told me they've pulled HDNet, UniversalHD, etc, and made them EXTRA-COST channels now, no longer included in the HD package, because they don't have SD counterparts. Anyone know if this is true?

They did pull UniversalHD, MGMHD and a few others to an HD extra pack that costs $4.99 extra, but HDNet filed a lawsuit to keep it in the original package and they won. I think there are a total of 5 or 6 channels in the extra pack. Not worth it to me.

jwardl said: Not a hot deal, but a co-worker just told me they've pulled HDNet, UniversalHD, etc, and made them EXTRA-COST channels now, no longer included in the HD package, because they don't have SD counterparts. Anyone know if this is true?

True however you get them for 3 months free - then $4.99 for those channels. Also your post has nothing at all to do with this AAA deal. I doubt many people would cancel because of this - Directv has the NFL Ticket & the most channels in HD right now. Go troll elsewhere

For those worried about the additional one year commitment, I read this to say that you get a $50 rebate now and the second in 13 months. Wouldn't this mean that you get at least $50 just for calling now?? I made the call and still don't quite understand what happens if I cancel before the 13th month.

FWIW - as long as DirecTV is the only game in town for the NFL package, I'm not going anywhere...

BTW - almost forgot - Thanks OP!!

what's their lowest cost package? new customer time contract and installation cost?

guitardedboy said: my contract is up in April of this year, so I'm not going to bite on this.....

They want to bait you into sticking around once your contrat is up so if you call to cancel, I'm sure they will offer a heck of a lot more than the 50 bucks that they are offering through this service.

That's exactly right. Existing customers should probably only bite if they are already in an agreement that wouldn't be affected by this.

vickh said: what's their lowest cost package? new customer time contract and installation cost?

I believe it is $29.99 for a 2 yr commitment installation is usually free for new customers - you would need a line of sight to the southern sky

what have people gotten recently when they called out of contract to cancel?

Very nice, thank you!

Thanks LBJ, were stylin'...:p

Had to extend my contract with DirecTV though

For those who aren't currently AAA members but do have DirecTV (like myself), I started this thread:

Special for new AAA membership

Hope it helps. And thanks, OP.

cb35 said: jwardl said: Not a hot deal, but a co-worker just told me they've pulled HDNet, UniversalHD, etc, and made them EXTRA-COST channels now, no longer included in the HD package, because they don't have SD counterparts. Anyone know if this is true?

True however you get them for 3 months free - then $4.99 for those channels. Also your post has nothing at all to do with this AAA deal. I doubt many people would cancel because of this - Directv has the NFL Ticket & the most channels in HD right now. Go troll elsewhere

I don't watch football, I am considering getting DirectTV for the first time because of this discount, and that info could affect my decision. Thanks Jwardl!

ibmman69 said: what have people gotten recently when they called out of contract to cancel?

I really varies, I got 2 free HD-DVRs, but there are a couple threads dedicated to that
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/762355

Wow!!! This is going to be awesome if it works!! Thanks OP

vickh said: what's their lowest cost package? new customer time contract and installation cost?

I believe it's $49.99. And I don't think there is an installation fee, but it is a 2 year contract.

what is the lowest cost after this offer?? they are claiming
$49 pak to get this??
should be
$29 less the $10?????????????? and what HD equip are they
giving?

Isn't this thread on getting $$$ off DirecTv? I think it's pretty hot and I THANK YOU OP - hooked my Mom up for the rebates. As far as the people s*#&$ing on DirecTv to each his/her own right?

cb35 said: vickh said: what's their lowest cost package? new customer time contract and installation cost?

I believe it is $29.99 for a 2 yr commitment installation is usually free for new customers - you would need a line of sight to the southern sky

This looks like a good deal for people already planning to get 1. I'm on the fence so need help from you guys. I never had cable, so sorry in advance for these questions.

The Family package is pretty weak, so I would need to get the Choice 1. Would like to hookup 2 TVs, so what would my cost be?
Extra cost for HD receiver?

Monthly Cost:
$50 Choice Package
$10 HD Access fee
$5 HD receiver lease fee
Guessing, there would be some kind of taxes involved so, roughly how much?
Premium channel is extra $5?

Yes, I see DTV has promo of $10/mo for 12 months and $50 Visa GC, but like to estimate the cost after the promo. Since I need a 2nd HD receiver, would it be better to get the Choice Xtra+HD Access for $15 more per month? Thanks.

EDIT: Looking over the options, my best bet would be to get the $65 package since has FREE hd receiver and accress plus 3 months free of premium.

Bobbis2000 said: Poop.
I was hoping to be able to use my CAA (Canadian affiliate of AAA) number but it didn't work.
I live in the States now, but still have a CAA membership.
Just take your card to your local AAA office, and they should be able to transfer it.

Nice find, but I'm currently a AAA and a DTV customer. My current contract expires 10/2009...I don't think I'm ready to extend it out another year right now, but that may change.

nice one op, thanks!

orisky said: Nice find, but I'm currently a AAA and a DTV customer. My current contract expires 10/2009...I don't think I'm ready to extend it out another year right now, but that may change.

I'm not sure it matters. In my experience, they've never tagged an extention on to the end. They've only been able to extend from the current date, so a year agreement when you have more than a year left will have no effect. Things may have changed, but that's been my experience. If anyone knows differenly, please post.

Skipping 385 Messages...
lostinla said: Looks to be dead? the link is dead and I can't find any other link thru google

It is still alive: http://ww1.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/AAAOnline.woa/2002?association=aaa&club=4&page=DIRECTV

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014