• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was reading this DirecTV AAA thread and started looking at getting a AAA membership. In summary, DirecTV customers get $50 off this year and another $50 next year.

Not sure if this is regional or not, but in my area (Louisiana), the current 1 yr membership rate is $47 and I get a 2nd household member for free. The normal rate is $89/yr and was told over the phone this is a current special they are running.

Again, YMMV, but I would check your zip code here and see what kind of rates you have. Would also be helpful to others if you posted what it might be so we can get an idea if this is indeed regional or nationwide and the extent of the discounts.

For me, this is a no-brainer as I can get a year for free when combined with DirecTV offer. ($47 - $50 = make $3)

Good luck and rate green for others please.

Member Summary
Seems to be regional for Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, E. Kansas, S. Illinois, S. Indiana, Kentucky (YMMV), & Texarkana, TX and possibly similar in the Northeast.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Memphis, TN - 1 + 1 associate = $94
Apparently no sale/special here right now.

The free 2nd household member seems to be tied to signing up for Automatic Renewal:
"Sign up with Automatic Renewal today and you can add a second household member for one year of basic membership, FREE. For more information on Automatic Renewal, please click the above link."

The pop-up window says:
"Automatic Renewal
When you use your credit card to join AAA and select automatic renewal AAA Mid-Atlantic will automatically charge your annual membership dues to your credit card each year, so youll save the time and hassle of keeping your Membership in force. Your annual membership fee will be automatically charged to your credit card on the first business day of the month prior to your membership renewal date each year. Please bear in mind that this arrangement is for your convenience only. You may cancel it at any time with a letter or phone call to AAA Mid-Atlantic."

Obviously, this is for AAA Mid-Atlantic (PA/NJ/DE, etc.), but may be true across the board.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

Mine is NOT automatic renewal nor did I sign up for it. At least for me, 2nd member is free regardless.

I did ask about the automatic renewal and all it would do is give me an extra 2 months for free.

i went with betterworldclub instead mainly because i didnt have to wait for a year of membership before i can get the premium 100 mile towing.

i already used the towing for 85 miles and made my money back.

Thanks, Op...I did this...at this price, it's a no brainer since Im at DTV sub and I like those 10% cc coupons all the time...not to mention, all the other discounts that abound...

Just for reference, Im in Mississippi, and the banner at the bottom says:

"This site serves Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, E. Kansas, S. Illinois, S. Indiana & Texarkana, TX."

I would make the assumption that the deal is good in the above states.

In Southern California, San Bernardino County, I'm getting $47 for the "Classic" membership, with a $20 "new membership fee" and $24 for each additional adult in my household, so the first year for two adults would cost $91, and $71 after the first year.

I remember getting a deal in the mail a couple months ago that offered me at least to waive the joining fee and some discount, but I can't remember how much, and of course I've thrown it away.

NotDave, I got the premium 100 miles after waiting a week. I had the standard AAA, then bumped up to the next level when my truck needed a tow farther than the 3 miles allowed. Eight days after upgrading, I got a "free" 25-mile tow. Can tow three times per year total, I think.

Just signed up recently for Southern New England for $38 via the web, but no extra fees. Regular price is $48 + $11 enrollment fee (additional members $24).

Believe the promotion code I used was 4950. Used it next day for a tow, even though my card didn't arrive for a week. (They just need the membership number).

bummer, too bad, I've been a member for years, and no good deals for the current members...

but the plus membership is great. 100 mile per tow up to 4 per year.

The highest membership level, the premium or something gets ONE 200 mile tow, and 3 100 mile tows...plus is great because if you're outside of the 7mile or whatever they have, they rape you for $5/mile.

Any promo codes for AAA membership in the mid atlantic region? Ordinary rate for basic is $57 which is still a bit more than the $50 back for directv

edit: It's up to $60.50 today -- seems kind of random

Florida...

Regular $64 + $30
Plus $96 + $52
Plus RV $126 + $52

Seems to be regional for Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, E. Kansas, S. Illinois, S. Indiana & Texarkana, TX and possibly similar in the Northeast.

I'm in KY and got a direct mailer about this special. $55 + free additional member - $5 if you sign up for auto renewal. I added KY to the summary list. I'm in the Bluegrass AAA region. The deal doesn't show up online (they want $60 + $33 for each additional), but they may have it available if you call to sign up. YMMV.

mines $46.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014