• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
for those that like mystery boxes...

1 box = $10 and no shipping charges.

looks like some of the items are pretty decent.

something

i'm sure i'll get red just because some people don't like mystery boxes. but for those of you who do, this is worth it!

please remember this is just for fun. it's like gambling - if you don't like gambling, you don't do it, right? same with the box. i just don't want everyone thinking i live for this! thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got the Atari watch with a super ugly band. Decent enough for 10 bucks.
Band shows no wear, no scratches, has the atari... (more)

Fantom2993 (Jan. 16, 2008 @ 1:42a) |

zapjb (Jan. 16, 2008 @ 1:55a) |

I got the Principal electric razor also. I'm OK with paying $10 shipped for it.

peachywink (Jan. 16, 2008 @ 4:43p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was amused by the list of things your something may not be, I love that adult services are listed right at the top of the list, lol! So, all of you hoping for that will be sorely disappointed. Also, no embryos or embryonic cells...

Looks kind of neat. I like that they show what they have sent out to other people.

"a boat is a boat, but the mystery box it could be anything, even a boat"

--P. Griffin

Huh. Looks interesting, green for making me think about it

in for one something.

I was going to be in... but then I saw there was no chance of it being what I really needed, a
Drug test circumvention aid.

I'm sorely tempted. I have lots of somethings already, though. I probably don't need another. Probably. Green for the fun of it, though!

In for 1 something. I hope it's something cool!

i did this on that mystery grab bag hoot or whatever that site is called LOL

all i got is pure junk. 10 bucks is alot ot waste on junk. there is a person on eBay selling mystery boxes with video games in them so you might want to check there if you want video games

I'm not giving this post red but I don't understand why anyone, no less FW people, would pay $10 and not know in advance what the item is and if they're getting a good deal. Seems to me they'll just throw a "dollar store" item in a box and ship it. Good luck to all those ordering and I really do hope you get something worth close to what you paid.

No endangered species!?!? What kinda bull#@%@ is that!

Looks like nothing over about $40-$50. Not a hot deal imo. At least the Woot BOC sometimes gives away $300+ items..

A fool and their money ....

Yeah, what's the point? Maybe if you had the chance to get something way more valuable..otherwise, just a waste of $10

I wasn't going to do it, but I clicked on the google checkout link, entered my password, and my credit card info was already there, and my address was already there, and all I had to do was click a button. Woops. Impulse buy? I even forgot to unclick promotional emails. I feel like they made that too easy to not buy. Good thing Amazon doesn't use google checkout.

I got extra large condoms. But still a bit snug.

rebatemachine said: I got extra large condoms. But still a bit snug.

Umm... they go on the *other* head. Well, better to learn now then when it matters...

I got a snowblower from a HomeandBeyond mystery box so it is possible to get something kinda worthwhile.

This is so dumb

Why not, it's only $10.

The biggest problem that I see is that this company only sends out these Mystery boxes.

To cover shipping, company costs, and make a profit takes out of the money.

So the Average Gift Price < $10, probably closer to $5 if that.

This company cannot use this as a lead in trying to get you to buy other things because this is all that they sell.

Sad to say the Lottery has beter pay-back odds, and at least if you get cash you know you can use that.

I wonder if a shrewd animal shelter could use this to send off animals about to get the axe. They are not endangered species, so not on the "exclusions" list. Just imagine, your "mystery" something is a new full-grown labrador/poodle/dalmation/dachsund mix! even thougth your apartment doesn't allow pets! Sorry, no returns or refunds (BTW ... as the new owner, you are now required to have the animal spayed or neutered, and make sure it has all of its vaccinations. Woo hoo!).

This is a bit too random for me.

Why not take the 10 dollars and use it to actually buy what you need, rather than getting something random.

NateDaddy said: rebatemachine said: I got extra large condoms. But still a bit snug.

Umm... they go on the *other* head. Well, better to learn now then when it matters...

mama told him to fit it over his head during the rain storm in california!

If you look at their Facebook page you can read some of the things that people have received:

Ex:

My 4 somethings arrived today: 1. RC mini helicopter. 2. RC car. 3. Matching knit hat/gloves/muffler. 4. A small wooden box filled with 1921 "Double Eagle" $20 gold coins.

BUT someone stole all the gold coins before the box was delivered!!!

Ex:

I got my 3 somethings today. They were a RC UFO (like the kind at those mall stands) which is pretty fun, a pair of charter club slipper boots (way too small for me, a chirstmas gift maybe), and a handheld sewing machine. I'll probably order more soon.

rebatemachine said: I got extra large condoms. But still a bit snug.

Your avatar is a girl with pink hair? Me thinks you have much bigger problems than the size of your condoms!

ah, why not

my mother ordered 3. she got hers today - a Fossil watch (some kind of atari thing on the watch game?), a 48 piece art set (paints, glue, sponge, markers, etc.) and an 18 piece haircutting set. meh, not bad.!

I got my package today. It was a $2-3 small wood jewelry box you can find at the Dollar General. Last time I try the mystery deal route!!!

haha, i got the 18 piece haircut kit too, not bad... something i wouldn't have bought but can use..

like this

i got a gold bracelet that you can put a name on or something. have to check what it is worth

aeneas3 said: i got a gold bracelet that you can put a name on or something. have to check what it is worth

"We also need some way to make us look official, like we got all the answers."
"How bout some gold bracelets?"

I ordered two somethings that arrived today. I got some Sony earbuds that sell on Amazon for $7.35. Not bad, but not a great deal either. I also got a motorcycle pocket watch very similar to this one. Mine is just silver and has a little more detail. Not worth the $20 I spent on them, but I'm not surprised.

The site shows they have given a $25 Exxon Gas Card and an IPOD shuffle in their Mystery box

I got a Fossil watch -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ENPKUS

But its obviously used, with scratches and scuffs, and an aftermarket ugly leather band. I cant really complain, cuz im sure its worth more than $10, but i kind of expected something brand new :-/

cjoconn22 said: I got a Fossil watch -

But its obviously used, with scratches and scuffs, and an aftermarket ugly leather band. I cant really complain, cuz im sure its worth more than $10, but i kind of expected something brand new :-/

from their website: Your something will most likely be brand new, though it may also be refurbished or antique ...

i got this principal electric shaver today.

cjoconn22 said: I got a Fossil watch -

What sort of odd series of events do you think has to happen before you get an (a) used watch, with (b) an aftermarket band (c) shipped to you as part of a mystery box.

Skipping 5 Messages...
I got the Principal electric razor also. I'm OK with paying $10 shipped for it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014