• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello all,

Found the sporting goods guy marking down all the camo & hunting related clothing. Picked up a nice Remington jacket and a nice Levi jacket for $13 & $15 each. I don't remember which cost what, but they were huge markdowns. The remington was originally $49.xx and the Levi was $59.xx.

Here are their #'s.
087744900168 and 002317261324

Oh yeah, long sleeve tees for $2.50 and $2.00. These are gonna make for some nice affordable work clothes for me.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Huge markdown? And your call yourself a FW'er? You should be ashamed!!

PresidentGringo said: Huge markdown? And your call yourself a FW'er? You should be ashamed!!
Okay, the nice bag of fertilizer on the counter at Home Depot marked down from $4.98 to $0.01 was huge markdown. I think this one is pretty decent though.

For wallyworld..this is a huge markdown. The jackets are a good deal at this price. The Remington I saw looked like a Carhart knockoff...in the standard brown. If I remember correctly, the Levi jackets I saw were camo.

75% off is a good fatwallet deal. Good job OP no matter what others say.

I look and look, but I just... can't... find.... them! It's like they're invisible!

Good deal, green for OP.

bluestraw said: PresidentGringo said: Huge markdown? And your call yourself a FW'er? You should be ashamed!!
Okay, the nice bag of fertilizer on the counter at Home Depot marked down from $4.98 to $0.01 was huge markdown. I think this one is pretty decent though.

Yeah, but that was just for a bag of sh...anyway - good deal for anyone who works outside in the cold months. Thanks OP.

75% off is a good deal anywhere and especially at WM. Can anyone confirm if this is nationwide?

I have got in on this deal every year for several years.
Got a jacket for everyone in my extended family one year, Great big duck-hunting 4in1 jackets , had been $250 marked down to $50.

hkgonra said: I have got in on this deal every year for several years.
Got a jacket for everyone in my extended family one year, Great big duck-hunting 4in1 jackets , had been $250 marked down to $50.

Yeah, there were quite a few nice 4in1's and a few nice coveralls. Problem for me was that I take a large & the available sizes were 2XL-3XL. I suspect that there will be a bunch of large happy hunters this week/weekend.

I too love getting in on the Camo sale at WalMart every year. If you're a hunter, you can save some big bucks on comfortable clothes for next season. If you live in Manhattan, as I do, and want to make your own fashion statement with clothes nobody else has (we have no WalMart or hunting allowed in NYC) you can do it for less than $10. I got a very nice long-sleeve Remington T that says "Elk Country" on the back with a big majestic animal looking out over a beautiful sylvan setting and an image of some bullets just below that for $5, plus a pair of camo sweatpants for the gym or TV for $2.00. This was at the Wally World in Moline, IL last week.

Thanks OP!

Thanks OP-

I'm gonna go see if I can find some of these for paintball

Nice camo jackets are expensive.

DevilClick said: I too love getting in on the Camo sale at WalMart every year. If you're a hunter, you can save some big bucks on comfortable clothes for next season. If you live in Manhattan, as I do, and want to make your own fashion statement with clothes nobody else has (we have no WalMart or hunting allowed in NYC) you can do it for less than $10. I got a very nice long-sleeve Remington T that says "Elk Country" on the back with a big majestic animal looking out over a beautiful sylvan setting and an image of some bullets just below that for $5, plus a pair of camo sweatpants for the gym or TV for $2.00. This was at the Wally World in Moline, IL last week.

Thanks OP!

A tip for all hunters that hunt where it is cold and wet. The WalMart stuff isn't really waterproof. However, if you buy a gortex shell and pants from Sierra Trading Post, a good sale at Cabelas, etc. you can layer the WalMart things underneath. Last year I bought 2 Browning insulated gortex bibs from Sierra for $40 each, an amazing deal. They don't need anything underneath, but I also have a 10X brand gortex shell that I can layer under. And of course the WalMart stuff is also good on its own for dry snow free days. We get a few of those each season too.. Some nice deals at Wallyworld, also a good time to buy camo for kids since it is no fun to invest big $ in camo for kids when they will outgrow it quickly.

Thanks Snagged a nice parka.

clearanceman said: DevilClick said: I too love getting in on the Camo sale at WalMart every year. If you're a hunter, you can save some big bucks on comfortable clothes for next season. If you live in Manhattan, as I do, and want to make your own fashion statement with clothes nobody else has (we have no WalMart or hunting allowed in NYC) you can do it for less than $10. I got a very nice long-sleeve Remington T that says "Elk Country" on the back with a big majestic animal looking out over a beautiful sylvan setting and an image of some bullets just below that for $5, plus a pair of camo sweatpants for the gym or TV for $2.00. This was at the Wally World in Moline, IL last week.

Thanks OP!

A tip for all hunters that hunt where it is cold and wet. The WalMart stuff isn't really waterproof. However, if you buy a gortex shell and pants from Sierra Trading Post, a good sale at Cabelas, etc. you can layer the WalMart things underneath. Last year I bought 2 Browning insulated gortex bibs from Sierra for $40 each, an amazing deal. They don't need anything underneath, but I also have a 10X brand gortex shell that I can layer under. And of course the WalMart stuff is also good on its own for dry snow free days. We get a few of those each season too.. Some nice deals at Wallyworld, also a good time to buy camo for kids since it is no fun to invest big $ in camo for kids when they will outgrow it quickly.

Or if you don't feel the waterproofing is adequate on your Wal-Mart garments, ScotchGuard them. Doesn't make much sense to buy camo outerwear as an inner layer.

JDMnAR said: clearanceman said: DevilClick said: I too love getting in on the Camo sale at WalMart every year. If you're a hunter, you can save some big bucks on comfortable clothes for next season. If you live in Manhattan, as I do, and want to make your own fashion statement with clothes nobody else has (we have no WalMart or hunting allowed in NYC) you can do it for less than $10. I got a very nice long-sleeve Remington T that says "Elk Country" on the back with a big majestic animal looking out over a beautiful sylvan setting and an image of some bullets just below that for $5, plus a pair of camo sweatpants for the gym or TV for $2.00. This was at the Wally World in Moline, IL last week.

Thanks OP!

Or if you don't feel the waterproofing is adequate on your Wal-Mart garments, ScotchGuard them. Doesn't make much sense to buy camo outerwear as an inner layer.

Yes and no. If the camo is cheaper and warmer than non camo it makes sense to use it as an inner layer and outer layer on nice days. Another thing to consider is most of the non waterproof clothes don't block wind very well. I don't know if scotchguard would fix this or not?

If I am not mistaken, many WalMarts are given an allowance or the like where they can markdown but I agreet they can have some serious markdowns and I look forward to them come late hunting season and beyond!

Most here in Illinois have already cleared out many of the items I was looking for and I travel al ot across the southern two-thirds of the state when I hunt and check as many WalMarts as I can! I will be headed towards Evansville, IN area tonight for a hunt tomorrow and will be stopping on the way back...

zettler said: Most here in Illinois have already cleared out many of the items I was looking for and I travel al ot across the southern two-thirds of the state when I hunt and check as many WalMarts as I can! I will be headed towards Evansville, IN area tonight for a hunt tomorrow and will be stopping on the way back...
I got these deals at the Mattoon & Champaign IL. stores.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014