Net10 - Get 1000 minutes for $75

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Net10 has introduced a monthly plan feature called Easy Minutes. When you sign up, you can choose the 1000 minutes for $75 plan. There is no cancellation fee/ penalty.

The deal for a Nokia 1600 for $30 that includes $60 of airtime is still alive.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like deal is dead.

FutureDilemma (Oct. 18, 2008 @ 2:12a) |

That’s a good deal. I have been using this deal 85 for 1200 minutes plus 8months of service. I like this better becaus... (more)

Amandaa (Nov. 28, 2008 @ 11:15a) |

That’s a good deal. I have been using this deal 85 for 1200 minutes plus 8months of service. I like this better becaus... (more)

Amandaa (Nov. 28, 2008 @ 11:16a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

does anyone have this service who can tell us their experience with net10?
specifically, I'd like to know how much tax and fees are added to the $75 and what the total bill ACTUALLY is.

I can't speak for easy minutes as I have not done that, but NET10 cell coverage is pretty good

Their customer service sucks ass though, anytime you have to call them for anything, you are on the phone for an hour. Trying to get a replacement phone for one that failed took me 4 phone calls, all over an hour each, it was painful.

The last block of minutes I bought was 600 Minutes & 120 days of Service, web page price was $60, and the fees were only 90 cents on top of that, so $60.90 for 600 minutes and 120 days. I would be surprised if the easy minutes had higher fees.

orangespot said: does anyone have this service who can tell us their experience with net10?
specifically, I'd like to know how much tax and fees are added to the $75 and what the total bill ACTUALLY is.

I got my wife a Net10 phone and coverage is great -- anywhere GSM is, there you are roaming is free, long distance within the 48 states is free. (well, 10 cents a minute, but no roaming or long distances charges).

thanks OP

kenny1773 said: I can't speak for easy minutes as I have not done that, but NET10 cell coverage is pretty good

Their customer service sucks ass though, anytime you have to call them for anything, you are on the phone for an hour. Trying to get a replacement phone for one that failed took me 4 phone calls, all over an hour each, it was painful.

The last block of minutes I bought was 600 Minutes & 120 days of Service, web page price was $60, and the fees were only 90 cents on top of that, so $60.90 for 600 minutes and 120 days. I would be surprised if the easy minutes had higher fees.

I had a better experience with them. It took me just one phone call and they sent me a replacement phone right away. A prepaid shipping envelope was included in the package that I received that made it easy for me to send back the old phone. As another person mentioned, you get coverage pretty much everywhere where there is a GSM network. The flat rate is fairly predictable and text messages are only 5 cents each as compared to T-Mobile where it costs 10 cents to send a message.

Net10 experience -

I had a nokia 1600 with a very dim screen. The WalMart one for $29.99 with 300 free minutes.
It lasted about 10 months befor the screen became unreadable (backlight died).

I bought another net10 phone at WalMart for $29.99 and activated it.

Then I called net10 and spent about 10 minutes on hold.
Got a CSR and it took about another 10 minutes to transfer the remaining 500 minutes from the broken phone, to the new one.

Adding airtime -
The 1st and 2nd time I added airtime, I could not do it via the phone itself.

It's now about a year and a half since the initial net10 purchase.

Adding airtime now works fine; either online or via the phone itself.
You notice the minutes are added within a couple minutes.

Given that I only had a couple problems in about 18 months; it's not bad.

I had 2 phones on Net10 for about a year and a half. Great coverage. Never a complaint even when I traveled.
They use at&t here in eastern Pa. I switched to tracfone because we didn't use enough minutes.
Dec. of '06 I bought 1500 min for each phone at Radio Shack for $150.00. That gave us 12 months of service. Still 10 cents a min, but only $12.50 a month. Bad thing is at the end of the year we had almost 800 min on one phone and over 400 on the other. The only way to continue service was to buy more minutes, which I didn't need. I bought minutes for one phone and transfered the minutes from the other phone to it. So now I have one phone with 1700 minutes and service until March 27th '08.

The most minutes you can buy in the store is 1000 and that only gives 6 months of service. You have to go to Radio Shack and buy the 1500 to get 12 months of service.

If anyone is interested in the 1700 minutes I have PM me. It is a like new Nokia 1100. Battery last longer than any cell phone I have ever had. Minutes and service end date can be transfered to any phone or just change the #. My sister has the same phone with around 600 minutes and service for 60 more days, she isn't buying more minutes for it either.

jitinarora said: Net10 has introduced a monthly plan feature called Easy Minutes. When you sign up, you can choose the 1000 minutes for $75 plan. There is no cancellation fee/ penalty.

The deal for a Nokia 1600 for $30 that includes $60 of airtime is still alive.

Be careful....Thats $75 a month for 1000 minutes, hopefully cancellation is easy like you mentioned. I've bought 3 net10 fones in past couple years, pretty good deal. Anyone know the phone number to get your voice messages? Mine seems to be missing a digit.

jitinarora said: The deal for a Nokia 1600 for $30 that includes $60 of airtime is still alive.

Checked today. Nokia 1600 refurb only has 300 minutes now. No longer includes the $30 bonus.

Is that $75 monthly? what is exp on minutes?

railroadrabbit said: jitinarora said: The deal for a Nokia 1600 for $30 that includes $60 of airtime is still alive.

Checked today. Nokia 1600 refurb only has 300 minutes now. No longer includes the $30 bonus.

It includes 300 upon activation and a seperate 300 minute card.
Still 600 minutes but with free shipping a better deal.

I have had much success purchasing net10 minutes on eBay. The price is just slightly cheaper than what you would pay in the store and there is not sales tax. The codes are e-mailed to you and I have not had a problem yet.

jimates said: The most minutes you can buy in the store is 1000 and that only gives 6 months of service. You have to go to Radio Shack and buy the 1500 to get 12 months of service.
Can you really still get 1500 minutes/12 months at RadioShack for $150? I thought Net10 had dropped this option.

Swamped said: jimates said: The most minutes you can buy in the store is 1000 and that only gives 6 months of service. You have to go to Radio Shack and buy the 1500 to get 12 months of service.
Can you really still get 1500 minutes/12 months at RadioShack for $150? I thought Net10 had dropped this option.

I asked the guy at my local radio shack last month and he said yes it was still available. But I bought the refurbs from the web site so I didn't need to buy minutes. Last time I bought the 1500 myself was 12/06 and at that time radio shack was the only place I found it.
It is not a card, you pay and just get a receipt with a pin# on it.

I did recently read it on their site somewhere but can't find it now. If I find it I will update.

UPDATE
this is from the Net10 site. But that doesn't mean it is still available from the retailer.

buying airtime cards often? Purchase a 1,000-minute card to keep service active for 6 months or a 1,500-minute card to keep your service active for 1 year.

jimates said: this is from the Net10 site. But that doesn't mean it is still available from the retailer.

buying airtime cards often? Purchase a 1,000-minute card to keep service active for 6 months or a 1,500-minute card to keep your service active for 1 year.

I am not seeing the 1,500 minute option on net10.com. Where are you seeing it? Thanks.

Net10 does not offer this option. It is only available from retailers that offer a pin based receipt, not an actual purchased card. Check with your local radio shack to verify the availability.

jimates said: Net10 does not offer this option. It is only available from retailers that offer a pin based receipt, not an actual purchased card. Check with your local Radio Shack to verify the availability.
If you signed up for "Buy Airtime From Phone", the 1500-minute option should be availble under "Buy Airtime" in the prepaid menu on your net10 phone. The number of service days associated with that option is stated in their Term & Conditions.

Virgin Mobile offers $79.99 unlimited plan, Starting July 1st you can get on the company’s new “Totally Unlimited” plan for $79.99 per month (no contract required), which includes unlimited voice minutes. For $10 more per month, you can get “Unlimited Text & Messaging, with texting, IM, email and picture messages.”

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/06/24/virgin-mobile-offers-enticing-7999-unlimited-plan/

I have Net10 service and love it. I don't use my phone excessively, so 10 cents a minute works well for me. AND I text my family and friends in Scotland, so at 5 cents a text - which nobody else can come close to - it works out perfectly for me.

Where do I purchase the 1000 minute Net10 card for $75.00 and what is the total cost?

Its not a card. Its a subscription plan that you can sign up for on their website.

how do I do this?? every time I go to that sight it does not offer 1000 min. it only offers 400 min and I called Net10 and they said there is no plan like this please help thanks Bridget

HI, I CAN NOT FIND THE 1000 MINS FOR $75.00

I WENT TO EASY MINS AND ITS NOT THERE

THANKS,JOHN

Hi, on the net 10 web site where could i find 1000 mins for $75.00

I looked under easy mins and it not there.

thanks,john

Looks like deal is dead.

That’s a good deal. I have been using this deal 85 for 1200 minutes plus 8months of service. I like this better because I get the 8 months of service with it.
http://www.net10discount.com/

That’s a good deal. I have been using this deal 85 for 1200 minutes plus 8months of service. I like this better because I get the 8 months of service with it. Sorry just went to buy some and its now $90.00 for 1200 min, This is still a good buy.
http://www.net10discount.com/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014