• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thanks abraham1314:
Weekly Specials. Download the ads for Marukai Supermarket's upcoming weekly specials.

Examples:

Jan 10-16
Mixed rice crackers 98
Madoka rice 15 lbs. $10.98

Jan 17-23
Light salted salmon $4.98/lb
Botan or Shirakiku rice 20 lbs. $6.98

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STORE LOCATIONS:
Marukai membership stores: Gardena, Costa Mesa, West Covina
Marukai membership/non-membership stores: Little Tokyo, Torrance, Pacific Market
98 Plus stores: Gardena, Cypress, Torrance, Fountain Valley
Marukai San Diego Plaza non-membership: Open January 2008

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Marukai rocks but they're not yet in Northern CA. =(

There's one coming soon in Cupertino, CA. But no firm opening date yet.

Kind of like the Japanese Costco, we trek to the Gardena store from the valley every few months to replenish our supplies.

Why the red guys?

I wish I could find some store like that around here (ATL).
Lucky for you S.Cal folks!

I've never been to a Marukai, is it bigger than a Mitsuwa?

Marukai has lots of intersting things... from vibrating chairs to magnetic cookers, but Buyer Beware on their perishable groceries. ALWAYS double check the expiration dates on any food items you buy at Marukai. Marukai is well known in the food industry for buying distressed inventory near or past its expiration date at fire sale prices. I love Fat Wallet and wouldn't want anyone to get sick from eating tainted food.

Budoman said: Thanks abraham1314:
Madoka rice 15 lbs. $10.98

Madoka rice is awesome. Try rinsing it and you'll see it's MUCH cleaner than regular rice.

Anyone know how much is membership?

If I remember correctly, you can get 1 day membership for $1, or you can pay $12 for a whole year. It used to be $1/month for those who doesn't shop there more than 12 times a year, but they've changed that to $1/day.

Interesting, is this anything like a japanese version of costco? Just wondering, never been to one, or is it just a plain supermarket that likes to create exclusivity?

Membership Info

membership is $10/year, an additional card member can be added for addition $2/year, making it $12 for two cards...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014