10% off Blue Nile Jewelry

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received this in my mailbox:

For a limited time, save 10% on our collection of fine jewelry, or save 10% on the setting when you use our Build Your Own Diamond Jewelry™ feature.* To take advantage of this offer, place your order by 3 PM ET on February 5 and enter JPROMO18 in the Reference Code box at checkout.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

10% off overpriced jewelry = still overpriced. thanks anyway OP.

1lossir said: 10% off overpriced jewelry = still overpriced. thanks anyway OP.

Where do you get your diamond rings? I thought Blue Nile price is pretty decent.

hotdealrule said: 1lossir said: 10% off overpriced jewelry = still overpriced. thanks anyway OP.

Where do you get your diamond rings? I thought Blue Nile price is pretty decent.

Yeah, i'd like to know too. easy to just crap a thread, how about some input for those of us that don't know better.

I think www.primestyle is a bit cheaper.

ponchera said: hotdealrule said: 1lossir said: 10% off overpriced jewelry = still overpriced. thanks anyway OP.

Yeah, i'd like to know too. easy to just crap a thread, how about some input for those of us that don't know better.

I second that! Please educate me on a better site for diamonds than BlueNile.

10% coupon code still valid. thanks OP.

www.pricescope.com or www.whiteflash.com are good diamond sites. I know this because I'm a jewelry addict. Blue Nile does have nice loose diamonds for a reasonable price.

I always thought BlueNile was cheap for loose diamonds...that is until I bought one from them for $1700 which came directly from a 3rd party. When I got it they included the invoice with the amount they had charged Blue Nile. $1200 bucks. Thats more than 40% markup when I could have bought it directly from the other place (and no, sorry I don't remember the name of the other place, it was in the jewelry district in NYC though)

That doesn't mean you can get this for $1200. BlueNile could be buying a lot from that dealer and what you saw could be a dealer's price.

I think I would more be concerned pureness of the jewelry. I hear a lot dealers don't really give you what paid for esp those small dealers. Anyone recall the 20/20 special they did on jewelry scams?

ShaneM said: I always thought BlueNile was cheap for loose diamonds...that is until I bought one from them for $1700 which came directly from a 3rd party. When I got it they included the invoice with the amount they had charged Blue Nile. $1200 bucks. Thats more than 40% markup when I could have bought it directly from the other place (and no, sorry I don't remember the name of the other place, it was in the jewelry district in NYC though)

So this coupon works? Thanks! I am ready to place an order in two days, and trying hard to find any possible discount

Interesting. The 10% off is on the setting only and not the diamond itself.

Just got an email with a coupon code for $100 off loose diamond purchase. Perhaps it can be combined with the 10% off setting code from this thread (until tomorrow).

$100 off diamond purchase of $500 or more -- code: DIA18
Valid thru 12 Feb 2008 3pm ET

Link:
http://www.bluenile.com/newsletters/5_miniheros_feb_diamond_jewelry_2008.asp?email_definition_id=2561&placement_id=35875&buyer=1

I was just about to purchase an engagement ring from BlueNile until someone referred me to a local place. After picking out the diamond and then taking into account the setting, sizing, and all those other costs, the local place turned out significantly cheaper. I still got a GIA certificate (I consider that very important) and they threw in a choice of a couple ring boxes as well as the cleaning solution. They even allowed me to put it on a setting with the caveat that my fiance can come pick one of her liking later, which turned out great because I have extremely poor judgment in styling. The local place is in San Francisco and appears to have been there forever.

For my first big jewelry purchase, it was just nice to be able to see it in person, have someone explain the 4 C's, and all that good stuff before plopping down all my hard saved cash on an itty bitty thing.

I bought a loose diamond from Blue Nile for my wife's engagement ring. The whole process was easy and I would recommend them. She gets a lot of compliments from random people about it.

donnalena said: www.pricescope.com or www.whiteflash.com are good diamond sites. I know this because I'm a jewelry addict. Blue Nile does have nice loose diamonds for a reasonable price.

I got something in my inbox about 10% off as well, til March 14.

For a limited time, save 10%* on our collection of fine jewelry. Place your order by 3 PM ET on March 14, 2008, and enter the code GIFT18 in the Reference Code box at Checkout.

Here's the fineprint:

* When you use our Build Your Own Jewelry™ feature, offer applies only to the setting for a ring, earring, or pendant. Offer is not valid for any loose diamonds or pre-set engagement rings. Offer is not valid for any gift certificate or polishing cloth purchase. Reference code GIFT18 MUST be entered in cart or mentioned over phone at time of purchase. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, cannot be applied retroactively, and applies to US customers only. Void where prohibited. Offer expires 3 PM Eastern Time, March 14, 2008.

Coupon code EMDMD127 [$100 off $1000+ on (loose) diamonds] expired on 3/31/08. Since Blue Nile often recycles their codes (changing the year number at the end), I made up "EMDMD128". It didn't work on their website, but when I called them and tried it over the phone, they gave me the $100 off. YMMV.

any new codes available? Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014