• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Vetterin said: dongky said: in for 4 2-packs of PL14612. cheaper than buying 3 mobil 1 m1-110
thanks

What car do you drive? That is the # they are showing for my Subaru Legacy but I thought it was supposed to be PL14460. This is a really good price on a great filter.

PL14460 is for 05+ Subaru Legacy GT (w/ turbo) and most likely all the newer turbo Subarus. My 02 (non turbo) Forester filter is twice as large as the one I used for my Legacy.

For me I just use WalMart brand Supertech on my legacy and other cars, at $2/ea everyday I don't have to wait and they're usually plentiful. looks to be made by the same manufacturer that makes it for STP causet hey're identical down to the markings.

Great deal if you can get it.

Got 4 packs of PL14612 with free shipping. Thanks OP!

Great! 2 pack for $6.99 for my RX-7 (FD). Time to stack up!

Vetterin said: dongky said: in for 4 2-packs of PL14612. cheaper than buying 3 mobil 1 m1-110
thanks

What car do you drive? That is the # they are showing for my Subaru Legacy but I thought it was supposed to be PL14460. This is a really good price on a great filter.

We have a Honda Civic Si and Acura RSX. On the Purolator site, the recommended filter for both is PL14610.
However, PL14612 and PL14610 are basically the same -only the length of the PL14610 is a bit longer (about half an inch).

PL14612 is also the recommended filter for Subaru WRX Sti. If it works on an FI engine, why not on an NA, right?
If the recommended filter for your car is the shorter PL14612, I wouldn't recommend getting the longer PL14610 since it might hit something. Check for clearance first.

sardarji said: Too bad PL14459 not available.

I need the same one. Too many Honda owners...

Wow. Thanks OP. In for 2-2 packs for my Yukon but my wife's Lexus PL10241 is sold out.

Great deal. These are quality filters.

For those of you who were waiting on the PL14610 it is now listed again at Amazon, though not currently in stock. But at least you can order it now and lock in the $6.99 price for 2.

here's a link to the PL14610 2-pack

PL14459 now available for ordering.

Thanks OP!

Mine werent in stock but were allowed to be ordered. Good deal on good filters.

-Chris

How do you guys tell which filter is good? I can not tell the difference.

Thanks, OP...ordered some PL14610 for my STi. We'll see if/when it actually comes back in stock.

Awesome, I stocked up. I'll be happy if they come in a few months.

is 10.99 an ok price for an air filter? i don't know much about these things... tia

f2000sa said: How do you guys tell which filter is good? I can not tell the difference.

They are VERY good at filtering, but restrictive on flow from what I've read. I'd rather have the oil circulating than getting the absolute best filtration.

sardarji said: Too bad PL14459 not available.

hurry up , it's there now. im going to get liek 20 !

where can we find which one fits our car?

madeupfacts said: where can we find which one fits our car?

OP's first post.

about my message above. i noticed the 14459 is actually out of stock. I ordered 14 of them anyways, hope they come in. these puppies are 6 bucks a pop at pepboys.

I have a Mazda Protege, that uses the 14612 as standard, but I have always used the 14610 instead. It is about twice as big, which means more surface area for filtering. Good deal. Thanks OP.

gilkm said: I have a Mazda Protege, that uses the 14612 as standard, but I have always used the 14610 instead. It is about twice as big, which means more surface area for filtering. Good deal. Thanks OP.

The 14610 is twice as big? How big is the 14612? Like the size of a nickel? I use the 14610 and it is a pretty small filter to begin with. Just surprised at how they can work efficiently being so tiny.

stripes777 said: sardarji said: Too bad PL14459 not available.

Thanks. I ordered some.

In for four pack of PL14610's - they fit late model Nissan's as well as the models others have listed.

Ordered some other stuff to get up to $25 and free shipping. Not sure I'm actually saving money but what the hey...

stripes777 said: sardarji said: Too bad PL14459 not available.

Damn, OOS now.

SVTour98 said: gilkm said: I have a Mazda Protege, that uses the 14612 as standard, but I have always used the 14610 instead. It is about twice as big, which means more surface area for filtering. Good deal. Thanks OP.

The 14610 is twice as big? How big is the 14612? Like the size of a nickel? I use the 14610 and it is a pretty small filter to begin with. Just surprised at how they can work efficiently being so tiny.

The 14612 is about the size of a tin can cut in half. It is indeed tiny.

In for a few.

My GF's car takes the same oil filter as one of my lawn mowers ( yes, big mower...actually...my smaller of the two ) so I got a couple of 2-packs of those, and a set or two for one of the trucks.

Thanks OP!

gilkm said: SVTour98 said: gilkm said: I have a Mazda Protege, that uses the 14612 as standard, but I have always used the 14610 instead. It is about twice as big, which means more surface area for filtering. Good deal. Thanks OP.

The 14612 is about the size of a tin can cut in half. It is indeed tiny.
14610 is about 1/2 inch taller than 14612....i got the 14612 instead of the 14610, so i know

any one got 14459 or 10241 shipped?
or any other that were OOS, but Amazon shown it at order confirmation page only?

my order for six just arrived and 4 of the six have slight .5-1.0 cm dents on the top (the end opposite the threaded opening) Is this a problem such that I should send the back to Amazon for replacement?

It is for a 2000 dodge intrepid.

thanks

JazzyfromCO said: my order for six just arrived and 4 of the six have slight .5-1.0 cm dents on the top (the end opposite the threaded opening) Is this a problem such that I should send the back to Amazon for replacement?

thanks

I wouldn't worry about it, I have used filters with more significant dents and never experienced an issue. I think they are designed for a little shipping abuse

-David

JazzyfromCO said: my order for six just arrived and 4 of the six have slight .5-1.0 cm dents on the top (the end opposite the threaded opening) Is this a problem such that I should send the back to Amazon for replacement?

thanks

If that happened to me, I'd send the dented ones back to Amazon for replacement. My 2 cents.

thanks

I would get rid of the dodge intrepid alltogether they are known for their sludge issue.

If that happened to me, I'd send the dented ones back to Amazon for replacement. My 2 cents.

Do not do that. The filter is still perfectly functional. If you send it back, Amzon can not resell it, and has to eat the cost.

Amzon is one of the very few good merchants remaining. We should protect it.

goatssbyday said: JazzyfromCO said: my order for six just arrived and 4 of the six have slight .5-1.0 cm dents on the top (the end opposite the threaded opening) Is this a problem such that I should send the back to Amazon for replacement?

thanks

I would get rid of the dodge intrepid alltogether they are known for their sludge issue.

Wasn't my first choice, but let's just say the price couldn't be beat. 110,000 miles and still going strong.

f2000sa said: If that happened to me, I'd send the dented ones back to Amazon for replacement. My 2 cents.

Do not do that. The filter is still perfectly functional. If you send it back, Amzon can not resell it, and has to eat the cost.

Amzon is one of the very few good merchants remaining. We should protect it.

right, wouldn't want to put them under by returning $20 worth of oil filters.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014