• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Offer Link

Free E-file Included
State Additional

Credit to SD
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, the link you provided benefited a site other than, or in addition to, the one making the offer. Please in the future provide the most direct link possible.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You are the person who originally posted the software on the Fileshare site, correct? Where did you track down this cop... (more)

CAH14522 (Apr. 02, 2008 @ 7:46a) |

Does anyone still have this original "original w_turbotax_1040_dlx_2007_08.exe" file?

CAH14522 (Apr. 02, 2008 @ 7:48a) |

call me paranoid - but why would you like to put all your financial information on a software which you are not sure is ... (more)

k000 (Apr. 02, 2008 @ 8:02a) |



LINKS

Link in OP's post is dead
DEAD LINK 2
DEAD LINK 3
DEAD LINK 4: http://TurboTax.intuit.com/microsite/downloads/index.jhtml?priorityCode=3468340365



Still works for State Farm customers

Apply for a State Farm credit card to get TT + State + e-file free!



FAQ
Q: All the links are dead! How can I get TT Deluxe + State + e-file for free?
A: Wait for someone to post a link or be a State Farm customer (have their insurance, get their credit card, etc.).

Q: How do I know if I got a good link?
A: Screenshot from a good link

Q: I've got a good link, now what?
A: Download TT Deluxe + State free or use TT online and e-file for free.

Q: If I download TT, will I be able to e-file for free?
A: No. You can only e-file free if you use TT online.

Q: What's the difference between TT online and the downloaded/CD version?
A: No noticeable difference except the online version is much more convenient. Nothing to download or install. Those paranoid with ID theft prefer to do personal finances offline.
(Added by allup on 02/10/2008) Online TT only accepts data imports from TT 2006 but not TaxCut. Downloaded/CD TT version accepts data imports from TaxCut 2006. So if you filed with TaxCut last year and you want to import the data (such as you have capital loss carryover or other carryovers) you may want to either stick with TaxCut or get the downloaded/CD version of TT.

Q: If I was able to use a link which showed TT + e-file free, does that mean it will be free when I'm ready to e-file days/weeks/months from now?
A: No. You must complete your taxes and e-file online using a link that is valid the day you e-file.

Q: Ok, so what are my options if I missed out on the free e-file?
A: Pay for it ($17.95. Free for select state e-files, see below) or print out the forms and mail them out the old fashioned way!



Even though it says, state as additional, when you do it all the way, state e-file is free too. I am thinking its free for all states. In the mean time before some one can confirm that, may be we can compile list of states with free e-file with online version of deluxe for convenience of fellow FWers. The following is the list

Arizona
California
Delaware
Kansas
Massachusetts
New York
Nebraska
Oklahoma
North Carolina
Rhode Island (including property tax form 1040-H)
Virginia
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's for online filing. And Federal Only (Which is listed).

Though it is new that they are offering Deluxe. Last year they limited it.

You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

Thanks OP!

2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

Thanks, this covers 90% of the population

2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)
Well now you get your green! Though I would put the Download link instead of the online link.

Thanks OP! My hubby and I were just talking about buying the software but didn't want to spend more than $20. I just downloaded State and Federal for free!!! Now we can use our $20 for dinner

I had already bought from Costco, oh well.. but still downloaded the Mac one for free to use on my work MBP.

With the download versions, eFile is not free with any version, and state is free only with the Deluxe version.

mod may ban it since the link is from affiliate (state farm insurance), but honestly, it's hot deal and i doubt it's benefiting state farm more than it benefits fw users.

Thanks OP, our dinner is on you

ronniiii said: Thanks OP! My hubby and I were just talking about buying the software but didn't want to spend more than $20. I just downloaded State and Federal for free!!! Now we can use our $20 for dinner

2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

The download version does not include free eFile though!

Thank you. Was going to buy this weekend but now I can use my Staples GC for something else.

imsachin said: 2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

The download version does not include free eFile though!

Well, it says "efile Additional" but if you click on it, it says:
"How much does eFile cost?
Online: E-filing is included in the cost of your purchase (federal or state) when you purchase a TurboTax Online product. Federal and state online products are paid for separately."

Thanks OP.

thanks!

If you look closely at the page OP has linked to, this is the landing page for anyone who has logged in through the State Farm Insurance web site's free tax filing offer. The download link at the bottom of the page also takes one to a State Farm sponsored page.

My guess is, you may not get the free services if not actually logging into the site from State Farm. You may not find this out till you have completed the return and are presented with fee information.

drenner99 said: If you look closely at the page OP has linked to, this is the landing page for anyone who has logged in through the State Farm Insurance web site's free tax filing offer. The download link at the bottom of the page also takes one to a State Farm sponsored page.

My guess is, you may not get the free services if not actually logging into the site from State Farm. You may not find this out till you have completed the return and are presented with fee information.


All the more reason to go with the download option.

hmmm am I reading something wrong? The free version is already on Turbo Tax's site and I don't see Premier for $20?

It seems that you can start with the Online one, do your federal, e-file it. Then transfer the data to the desktop one, do your state and paper file the state one. Instructions: Online to Desktop

Free desktop with the State forms but no e-file: Free Download Turbotax

2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

Deluxe edition is not a free download - correct? Or am I blind?

It was in OP's original link.

It doesn't appear to be free to me... Am I missing something or is this deal dead?
The only thing that appears to be free for me is the basic online version.

imsachin said: It was in OP's original link.
Which was changed by the moderators.

CheapBustard said: 2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

Deluxe edition is not a free download - correct? Or am I blind?


look at my post

Yuyak said: imsachin said: It was in OP's original link.
Which was changed by the moderators.


Hence the "was"

Andrew99 said: It doesn't appear to be free to me... Am I missing something or is this deal dead?
The only thing that appears to be free for me is the basic online version.


OP's original link (which was affiliated through State Farm), brings up the page which allows dl for the dlx product. The mods have removed the affil link. I was able to find the link by going to the friendly "slippery"-deals site.

mistermojorizin said: It seems that you can start with the Online one, do your federal, e-file it. Then transfer the data to the desktop one, do your state and paper file the state one. Instructions: Online to Desktop

Free desktop with the State forms but no e-file: Free Download Turbotax


Your 'Free Download TurboTax' link does not work for me. I get page not found.

Thanks OP! Found the original link still up at SD. You can search there and find it easily...

dan239 said: mistermojorizin said: It seems that you can start with the Online one, do your federal, e-file it. Then transfer the data to the desktop one, do your state and paper file the state one. Instructions: Online to Desktop

Free desktop with the State forms but no e-file: Free Download Turbotax


Your 'Free Download TurboTax' link does not work for me. I get page not found.


Its supposed to point here: http://TurboTax.intuit.com/microsite/downloads/index.jhtml?priorityCode=3468340365&PID=361116

Yuyak said: imsachin said: 2kalien said: You can download from DOWNLOAD section (Download copy includes federal and state)

The download version does not include free eFile though!

Well, it says "efile Additional" but if you click on it, it says:
"How much does eFile cost?
Online: E-filing is included in the cost of your purchase (federal or state) when you purchase a TurboTax Online product. Federal and state online products are paid for separately."


You have to scroll down. I just logged in my State Farm account to check this out. Online version has free Fed/State and free efile for both (as in the past). You can download the Dlx version with both Fed/state But efile is $17.95 each.

How much does eFile cost?
Online: E-filing is included in the cost of your purchase (federal or state) when you purchase a TurboTax Online product. Federal and state online products are paid for separately.

CD/Download: E-file is an additional charge—$17.95 per eFile, for up to five federal returns and $17.95 per eFile for up to three state returns**—when you purchase a TurboTax CD/Download product

drenner99 said: If you look closely at the page OP has linked to, this is the landing page for anyone who has logged in through the State Farm Insurance web site's free tax filing offer. The download link at the bottom of the page also takes one to a State Farm sponsored page.

My guess is, you may not get the free services if not actually logging into the site from State Farm. You may not find this out till you have completed the return and are presented with fee information.
yep, that is correct. I logged in and since used tt last year it collected all my info from last year first and then I logged out. it came with a message that when I continue next time i need to use the original link from state farm.

mod is pretty silly, why would this be a bad thing anyways? i doubt neither state farm nor intuit got any money if this is indeed FREE so whats wrong with posting OPs link?

can't find a working link here.

The original link contained an affiliate link, which is why part of the address was originally moved. Unfortunately, doing so lead to a nearly identical website - save for the prices, as most of you noticed. The link should be back to normal, but if its not, you need to tell us these things instead of posting the same link over again or making vague SD references. We're trying to make these deals as accessible and easy-to-find as possible, but we can't do that if we don't know what the problem is in the first place.

Note that e-file is included with the online version, but costs $18 if you download.. I would go with the online version any day given this!

green!

the mod-updated link allow you to download for free, the other link i sniped from OP before it got tainted allows eFile free, but i'll let you know when i actually finish filing


Deluxe
Maximize Your
Deductions
Start for Free $29.95 FREE Federal
Free eFile included
State Additional

If you've bought or sold a home, made donations, or have kids, choose TurboTax Deluxe.
Learn more

Great, I usually like to punch my info into two systems to confirm it, or go with the lower one!

Skipping 245 Messages...
call me paranoid - but why would you like to put all your financial information on a software which you are not sure is secure or not for mere $50 at max savings ???

I am asucker myself and fall fo many a 'free' deals... but this one.... please !!!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014