• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi,

My first post. I hope I have got this correct.

I was at Lowes yesterday and they have DeLonghi Heaters (Electric/Oil/Ceramic) @ extra 50% Off price. Here's the link for some of the Heaters I see on their website with Store - Pickup option.
1. DeLonghi Electric Convection Heater with Fan - $24.96
2. DeLonghi Oil-Filled Radiator Heater - $17.50
3. DeLonghi Utility Ceramic Heater - $23.99
4. DeLonghi - Oil-Fill Radiator Heater with Timer - $29.99

Most of the prices are 50% off corresponding Amazon.com price. They have some other models such as Lasko. You can search online on www.Lowes.com and check for store-pick up.

I am sure this deal is available in Memphis. I also tried couple of other zip codes and the deals seems to be available in other states too but please YMMV.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
DeLonghi TRN0812T Oil-Filled Radiator
List Price: $119.99
Price: $39.99 & eligible for free shipping at Amazon

taf (Feb. 15, 2008 @ 3:28p) |

Got this one for $22.49+tax in FL
Item # 249077
Model # TRD0715T

Thanks for the 1st post.

littlewomam (Feb. 15, 2008 @ 4:02p) |

I can't really comment on newer ones, but I've had a Delonghi oil filled radiator-like heater for probably 15 years now.... (more)

bakerzdosen (Feb. 15, 2008 @ 5:40p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

d2dpcs said: Repost from nearly 3 weeks ago. Search :)

mbagrad may have done a search, but you need to read the link that you posted instead of just searching for the word "heater" and then crying repost!

Your posted link was about fireplaces/ propane heaters. mabagrag's post was regarding home space heaters. In addition, the heaters that mabagrad refers to were still being sold at full price just last week. I know this for a fact, at least at my Lowes.

It was the guys first post and ity was correct at that. I've never seen a "new member" so quick to join the repost whiners. Lighten up!

Thanks op! (I missed the $12 hd heaters!)

I like this one at Lowe's. It's not widely available anymore. I got a display model without the remote. I also bought two online with in store pickup.
DeLonghi - Oscillating Ceramic Electric Heater with Thermostat
Item #: 2630 Model: DCH2590ER
Ceramic heater with remote

Lowes has all seasonal heating supplies at 50% off right now. All markdowns are on their website.

How about a Reddy Heater? This one was $$$$

We picked up a fireplace glass door for 50% off. Not all are on clearance, but these are:
Fireplace Doors

smalldeal said: I like this one at Lowe's. It's not widely available anymore. I got a display model without the remote. I also bought two online with in store pickup.
DeLonghi - Oscillating Ceramic Electric Heater with Thermostat
Item #: 2630 Model: DCH2590ER
Ceramic heater with remote

thanks, this will be perfect for my cooolllddd room, reviews are very good on Amazon. i can use it for awhile then i can keep it til fall rolls around again.

mbagrad said: 4. DeLonghi - Oil-Fill Radiator Heater with Timer - $29.99

I've had this one for about a year and it worked great until the analog timer stopped working. It just won't keep time accurately anymore. So I'd look for something else if you want one with a timer.

A Lowes near me had the oil filled heaters literally stacked to the ceiling the other day. I've never seen so many heaters in one pile. However, they had no price or deal marked so I had no idea why they were stacked like that. Now I do If only I hadn't purchased 2 of these at full price a few months ago On the other hand, having a baby that doesn't feel like a popsicle = priceless

Nice find, OP, and thank you for your first post

okay, dumb question; oil fill means you have to replace the oil regularly? Or is it just a type of conduit and is sealed inside the radiator?

what are the benefits of oil vs. ceramic vs. other? Is the oil-fill one (haven't trekked out to Lowes yet) bigger, and heats faster/better, or less efficient than the other ones?

allenlh said: okay, dumb question; oil fill means you have to replace the oil regularly? Or is it just a type of conduit and is sealed inside the radiator?

what are the benefits of oil vs. ceramic vs. other? Is the oil-fill one (haven't trekked out to Lowes yet) bigger, and heats faster/better, or less efficient than the other ones?

If you click on the oil-filled one, you'll see this in the description:
Permanently sealed - never needs refilling

allenlh said: okay, dumb question; oil fill means you have to replace the oil regularly? Or is it just a type of conduit and is sealed inside the radiator?

In my experience, biggest differences are ceramic=faster heat and oil=quiet

just picked up 2 of the oil filled today in Findlay Ohio for 29.90+ tax(each) thanks OP

i got the oil-filled DeLonghi 50% off last Wed from lowes since my home depot was out of the $12 kenwoods. from home depot markdowns i got a $10 fan based and a $12 calore baseboard heater. different uses but the fan based provides instant heat but dries out the air and makes me cough sometimes seeking the nearest water bottle. the calore baseboard heater and the oil-filled do not dry out the air and provided slow yet silent heat which is great for sleeping. the safest seems like the oil based heater which seems least likely to burn or catch something on fire.

allenlh said:

I think the oil-filled ones are more efficient. Also they don't dry out the air like the ceramic ones do.

I will 3rd or 4th the recommendation for the oil filled heaters. I have found them to be very efficient in addition to using my wood stove. I typically go through about $200 of firewood per season and electric bills less than $120 per month in Virginia.

I have a question about oil-filled heaters. Is it safe to keeping them plugged in and running 24 hours a day? I know that it's not safe to keep the ceramic heaters running for a long period of time when they are unattended. But, I'm wondering if the oil-filled heaters are considered safer.

Tennessee1 said: I have a question about oil-filled heaters. Is it safe to keeping them plugged in and running 24 hours a day? I know that it's not safe to keep the ceramic heaters running for a long period of time when they are unattended. But, I'm wondering if the oil-filled heaters are considered safer.
ceramic heaters aren't very durable. a person in the Home Depot Heater Thread said his baseboard heater went out in his laundry room or something one winter so kept an oil heater on all winter to keep the pipes from freezing. another said "I've had the same DeLonghi oil filled heater for ~20 years and it still works fine."

Thanks OP. I grabbed the Delonghi Electric Convection Heater with Fan and the Delonghi Utility Ceramic Heater. Good prices for two solid heaters.

In for 2. Thanks OP!

I got one of these (without the timer) last year and I have found that it works well. I have an older, drafty home, so I keep the temperature at 50 degrees to keep the heating bill down. I put one of these in the bedroom and it keeps that room at 60 degrees all winter long. I have it running 24/7 and it has worked well. The unit is warm to the touch, but not skin-burningly hot. A pillow fell against it one night and stayed there without any harmful effects (no smoke or fire). The unit is silent while operating, but it does make a muffled click when the temperature regulation circuit switches the heating element on (basically when the room is colder than your settin on the radiator, which is the dial on the front) or off. I did find that my unit leaks oil a bit, so I put some newspapers under it. One of the units that I am purchasing will replace the leaky unit. The other unit will go to warm up the bathroom, which is a bit too chilly at 50 degrees for my morning shower.

I did a bunch of research before I bought last year and the oil filled space heaters are more efficient than the ceramic versions. The ceramic units heat up faster, but they require more energy to use for extended periods, and the fan built into the unit causes some noise while operating (may cause problems for some if heating a bedroom while trying to sleep). The heated oil in the oil-filled units provide an increased thermal mass, which maintains its temperature better than the ceramic units over long periods. It also provides a more even, constant temperature in the room because it heats by convection as opposed to blowing air over heated ceramic elements.

Summary: Ceramic is better for warming small areas quickly (under a desk at work). Oil-filled is better for warming larger areas evenly and for longer term warming.

thanks everyone for your input and advice... thinks me needs to get an oil one...

Ceramic one is most efficient. I bought three of them yesterday from Sunnyvale's Lowes. There were plenty of oil filled one. Don't buy oil filled one. I bought one 10 years back and never used after getting 3 consectives utility billed. It consumes lot of electricity to generate heat.

As per usual, my local Lowes is higher than others. For instance, the oil filled heater with timer is $36.99, instead of $29.99.

DeLonghi TRN0812T Oil-Filled Radiator
List Price: $119.99
Price: $39.99 & eligible for free shipping at Amazon

Got this one for $22.49+tax in FL
Item # 249077
Model # TRD0715T

Thanks for the 1st post.

I can't really comment on newer ones, but I've had a Delonghi oil filled radiator-like heater for probably 15 years now. It just keeps on working. It makes a bit of noise when it's initially warming up, but it's pretty quiet after that. I never use more than the 600w setting (it has 900 and 1500 as well), and keeps going. I'm tempted by the $30 one because of the timer (since the 7 year old boy always forgets to turn it off in his basement room), but it seems like the timer going out on those is pretty common. It also seems like there is a LOT more plastic on these things these days. Mine is mostly metal.

I don't know how much more it costs, but it's not a huge increase in my electric bill.

As a side note, if you get one of these things (oil filled), I've found that putting it below a window (like a normal radiator) gives you the best results.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014