• Page :
  • Text Only
TRUCK RENTAL

Something that I do often is to rent a truck from Home Depot or Lowes. They are basically large pickup trucks that cost about $20 for 90 min. You don't need to fill up with gas or anything. They are very convenient, just make sure you time everything correct to get the truck back in time. Each store usually only has 2 or 3 trucks max.

Hope this helps!

I was looking closely at these mattresses when the coupon was valid. Arrinton is 'Firm' and Boulevard is 'Plush'. I did not see Courtland. I decided my mattresses were fine.

Foundation is NOT the same as box springs. The terms are often used interchangeably.
Foundation is basically a box upon which you place your mattress.
Box springs actually have springs inside.

Nowadays it seems stores are selling more foundations and less box springs. Probably cheaper to make.

The particular foundations at Big Lots do not have springs and the frame of the box on the top surface is made of round metal bars spread about a foot apart. If I remember right, there is a thin sheet of a flexible material covering the bars.
I imagine once the mattress is on the foundation, you wouldn't be able to feel the bars.

Marhaba

2KooL said: Is This a Regional Deal?

They do not show this Deal in the Dallas Fort Worth Area.

Any Ideas or Comments?

Thanks for the Post, OP.

saw a commercial last night for the mattress sale on a local tv station and i live in dallas.

f2000sa said:

I was able to catch on the same deal last time. I got a Arrington Twin set. The mattress can be used only on one side. The quality seems to be OK.

are all the mattresses just 1-sided? or just the "Arrington"

One-sided "no flip" usually means it is made so cheaply you can only use one side.

Anyone have a 20% off coupon? that would be sweet!

Seems big lots has specials and issues coupons on non "real special" weeks...

Hi all,

New user here, and I just came across this board while looking up this mattress. I'll be going to score me an Arrington Queen set tmrw and I'll keep yall posted on how it goes.

Just from my shopping around, this seems to be the best deal out there right now. Lots of companies are having mattress sales this weekend. The best deal I could find other than Big Lots was $219 for a queen set, about similar quality to the Arrington. The only better thing was $25 delivery and a $40 frame.

By the way, does anyone know a cheap place ot buy a frame? I see WalMart has them for $41 with ship to store... anywhere better?

~J

FYI...I was in the Big Lots in Norman, OK this afternoon and they had one left and the woman in front of me got the last one. They sold out fast the manager said, also they ONLY had twin sizes. He said none of the other sizes came in.

thanks for the heads up. wow that sucks. i guess i better give them a call first.

I know the Courtland Perfect Sleeper is a Serta mattress, so the quality is probably good. The others may also be Serta, since Big Lots is a Serta authorized dealer. We're gonna look into getting a new bed for our son, too. Still gotta travel 45 minutes to the nearest store, though.

Hi all,

I went and picked up the Arrington Queen set today. They had 5 of that style left at my Big Lots. I also picked up a metal frame for $45... and as always, the random junk I get at Big Lots like cards for a $1, and $5 picture collage frame.

Anyhow, the mattress set is perfect. It's Serta. It's nice and firm. It's not pillow top or anything, but I have a cushy cover for it. It's a steal at $189!

what do they charge for the bed frame? or is that included too.

The metal bed frame for the queen set was $45, so it wasn't included. It still came out to much cheaper than I had budgeted. If you order on WalMart.com you can get the same frame for $41 I think, and a lot of local mattress stores have tons of the metal frames for even cheaper.

I was at Big Lots today looking at these. The Arrington is quite thin (about 9 inches) and the "Courtland" is very thick (about 16 inches). Both look and feel very cheap in quality. I sat on the Courtland and it's very plush (spongy). I almost had to use a ladder to reach it since it's so thick.

I did not see any "foundations" on display and I was under the impression they meant boxsprings. The flyer in my area (PA 19030) says the sale runs from Feb 17 to Feb 23.

I need to purchase a full set for a spare bedroom but I think I'll spend a little more and get something with a little more quality.

Any reviews found for these matresses? The price seems good for a spare bedroom. I was going to buy a W-Hotel bed for myself and the spare room but these seem to come out cheaper for the spare room. My old bed needs to be burned.. It was originally an ex-girlfriend's mattress who had given it to me when it was hurting her back and I have kept it for umm.. [ugh gross] too long.. So thinking of one of these for spare room and sleep on it until I have money for a w-hotel matress..

I ended up ordering a full size set (plush Spring Air) from Overstock.com. I found a 10% off coupon and they deliver for $2.50 and don't seem to charge sales tax. The Spring Air comes with a non-prorated 10 yr warranty too. I paid $407.94 including shipping for a much better quality set (IMO). A local dealer (PermaBilt) had a Sealy plush full size set for $374 but I would have to pay tax and the warranty was only 3 yrs.

f2000sa said: You can put these on the top of your car. That is what I did with mine.
Be sure and tie it well, it has a hella tendency to fly off at highway speeds or even less into the wind.

Not long ago a mattress flew off the car in front of me on the interstate...probably broke the string the folks had holding it on. They looked pretty disappointed as their new mattress got scattered all over the road.

Too bad for us.. On a different post on here, a 20% coupon is listed for feb 24th. The day after the bed sale.

Big Lots has a Serta Queen Memory Foam Mattress for $549 this week Text

Click on Weekly Ad at biglots.com for details

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014