• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rsayler said: BEST FRIED CHICKEN PERIOD.....

That's sad. Popeye's is good fast food, but they are hardly the best.

Popeyes has the best fried chicken, definately, but in general, fried food isn't that great for your body.

also offered in Morrow, GA

Love that chicken from Popeyes. (ya had to be there)

I have to go to the 'hood to get my Popeyes, but it's definitely worth it. I prefer Popeyes and Church's Chicken over KFC any day! I have to see if they have this deal in my area. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

What happened when brutus went to Mt. Olive?

Popeye got pissed

"I have to go to the 'hood to get my Popeyes, but it's definitely worth it. I prefer Popeyes and Church's Chicken over KFC any day! I have to see if they have this deal in my area. Thanks for the heads up, OP. "

LOL one of the true benefits of the Hood.

In the Madison, WI area, Tuesday nights is 1/2 price chicken (white and dark mixes) night at Popeyes! Has been for years.

The chicken is good but the biscuits are better!

erealmgraphics said: Popeyes has the best fried chicken, definately, but in general, fried food isn't that great for your body.

You people saying popeye's is the best fried chicken need to stop by the mom and pop restaurants down south. Hell, my aunt makes better fried chicken than Popeye's. I'm not saying its not good, because it definitely is. Its just not the best, no where near actually. Its freaking fast food.

I'm sure people making those statements are voting it the "Best Fried Chicken from a Fast Food Chain."

Their apple pies is much better than McDonald's baked ones...

Better than the Hillary Special they were running, Two Small Breasts, Two Fat Thighs and One Left Wing.

SQ40 said: Better than the Hillary Special they were running, Two Small Breasts, Two Fat Thighs and One Left Wing.
Luckily the chicken is fresher than that joke.

bolio said: Well, I hadn't been to Popeyes in over a year since I don't eat fast food very often, but for some reason I was craving me some spicy, greasy fried Popeyes chicken. I had no idea this special was around for so long. I got home and put about a cup of ketchup on a plate and showered it with half a bottle of tabasco and ate 5 pieces(3 legs,2 thighs) and washed it down with some fresh brewed iced jasmine green tea. It is now 2:50 AM and I have made 4 rounds to the toilet so far and my butt is burning. No food poisoning, just all that grease has that effect on me sometimes. I predict I won't be finishing the remaining 5 pieces or eating at Popeyes for atleast a year, but overall it was defenitely worth it.

Does this qualify as "too much information"? Anyway thanks for the deal... and the update on your healthy bowels. LOL.

In H-Town I prefer Frenchy's but the Popeye's deal is a long standing one around here. Hell even KFC does it just to keep up on Tuesday's. Sucks to live in Houston but when it comes to chicken sucks to live anywhere else.

SQ40 said: Better than the Hillary Special they were running, Two Small Breasts, Two Fat Thighs and One Left Wing.

But you can't beat the Bill Special. The one with everything above PLUS white gravy.

Popeye's is a fake. They don't sell spinach.

IMHO, the best deal is if you go about 15-20 before they close and order a 2 or 3 piece meal. they will probably hook you up since the chicken will be thrown away at the end of the night anyways. on several occasions, ive gotten over 8 pieces when ordering a 2 piece before closing time

i did this a couple times last summer. their spicy chicken is so good, but its so greasy, lol

btw, i recommend the cajun mashed potatoes =]

This is a good deal. I get a three-piece (plus biscuit) from church's for 1.99, but this is even better!

Now let's hope they don't use "centipede" chickens L.O.L.

There are several Popeyes by me. But it's definitely YMMV, as only 1 of them has this special. And they charge 99 cents and it's on Monday only.

The deal was good in Colorado Springs when I lived there, until Dec 2006. I assume it's still a go there.

sc0rpio said: I'm sure people making those statements are voting it the "Best Fried Chicken from a Fast Food Chain."

That Roy Rogers Fried Chicken from Hardees was the best Fast Food bird I've ever tasted. I'd also pt Bojangles ahead of Popeyes just because their side dishes were so awesome and the chicken was just as good. But I think neither one is still in business so

I tried Popeye's recently and didn't think it was that great. The batter is good, but the chicken meat tasted a little bland. The price is good though. Over where I live, there's this other chicken place called 'Church's' which I like a heck of a lot better. They used to have a 2-piece-leg-and-thigh-for-$1 special, but they stopped it. Hopefully it's a seasonal thing that they'll bring back again soon.

When you get a chicken thigh, don't forget to dig out that little giblet from the bottom! It's freaking delicious! I've been trying to figure out what it is, but I can't find a detailed enough anatomy sheet from Google. Does anyone know what that piece actually is?

PikaPichu said:
When you get a chicken thigh, don't forget to dig out that little giblet from the bottom! It's freaking delicious! I've been trying to figure out what it is, but I can't find a detailed enough anatomy sheet from Google. Does anyone know what that piece actually is?

It's the chicken's soul.

OMGGG the popeyes chicken tuesday special is now $1.29!!!

JamManXC said: OMGGG the popeyes chicken tuesday special is now $1.29!!!

They also don't give out ketchup anymore

Still a good deal at $1.29 to me.
Too bad the recipe is different here in Ohio than it is in the south.
Loved it in FL and VA but it's just ok here.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014