• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
MGM offers its corporate T-Mobile rates for its employees & family without employment verification.

Here is the link for MGM

www.t-mobile.com/mgm

It doesn't check for any kind of email address and it'll let you get a discount on your existing rate plan with T-Mobile.

Then click through the screens to get the current T-Mobile users section:

click on the MGM link first, then hit the button for "Click here for Discounts"

Then click on the Migration Form at the bottom of the 3rd page.

Here are the plans:

Individual Basic
$29.99
300 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend minutes.

Individual Plus Promotional
$39.99
1000 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend & weeknight minutes.

Individual Max
$59.99
1500 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend & weeknight minutes.

FamilyTime
$69.99
1000 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, weeknight minutes, & unlimited mobile to mobile minutes.

Individual Unlimited
$99.99 unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, weeknight minutes, & unlimited mobile to mobile

FamilyTime Plus
$99.99 2000 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, weeknight minutes, & unlimited mobile to mobile minutes.

FamilyTime Ultra
$129.99 3000 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, weeknight minutes, & unlimited mobile to mobile minutes.

FamilyTime Unlimited
$199.98 unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, weeknight minutes, & unlimited mobile to mobile

Comfirmation Screen Says:

Thank you for your submission. The changes you requested will be made to your account within 1 to 2 bill cycles.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Has anybody have problems with this yet? I'm still debating if I should risk it and go through the Starbucks (15%) link ... (more)

blazingarf (Aug. 25, 2008 @ 3:33p) |

Please help AKA Bump

PS: I also just thought of this... Can I order through the MGM site, (better discount on the phone... (more)

blazingarf (Aug. 28, 2008 @ 2:06p) |

From today's transaction. I spoke with a lady from migration. The migration dept. asks for your id# and the company's ph... (more)

cnami8 (Oct. 29, 2008 @ 6:03p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

exsisting link didnt work. How do you do this if you have just signed up ? Can you change your plan price to this discounted one?

Yeah I clicked through the MGM link first, then I hit the migration form on the 2nd page.

Try that maybe?

I ended up with the same rate as my current $39.99 plan, but I went from 600 minutes to 1000 minutes anytime.

What's that? Does it meas I will just pay 59.99-59.99*10% for monthly fee, if I already have a family plan?

Huh? These are the same plans offered to anyone:

http://www.T-Mobile.com/shop/plans/

I did get that screen up, but it does ask for your email info and all that small print , I guess thats all scary..... So the discount is the 10%, because the rate plan is the same as Tmobile.. Thanks

tcope said: Huh? These are the same plans offered to anyone:

check the prices again. Those are $10 more per month for the same thing.

jubeit said: tcope said: Huh? These are the same plans offered to anyone:

I looked over the individual plans and they are exactly the same price as the OP listed in the initial post. Same price, same name.

Yeal, I think so. By the way, what's the benefit for current customer?

liu4gre said: Yeal, I think so. By the way, what's the benefit for current customer?

My bad.

You are right. I did get more minutes out of it though. I went from my current 600 minutes to 1000 with no renewal on my contract.

the plans are the same price you just get 10% off

"Thank you for your submission. The changes you requested will be made to your account within 1 to 2 bill cycles."

Will it renew my current contract automatically? Hope not. Let's see if there is any discount after 1-2 cycles. Thanks.

What should I fill in the "Rate plan migration information"? What's PCS number? If I have a family plan, should I fill all of the phone number?

hi, do you have an individual plan or family plan? how do you fill the form?

same to me. Hope it could work.

liu4gre said: What should I fill in the "Rate plan migration information"? What's PCS number? If I have a family plan, should I fill all of the phone number?

PCS is your phone number.

If it's a family plan, I should fill both of them and select the same plan, or just fill one in and select plan? Thanks.
BTW, I didn't fill my phone numbers and got the same result as "Thank you for your submission. The changes you requested will be made to your account within 1 to 2 bill cycles." Is it OK?

liu4gre said: If it's a family plan, I should fill both of them and select the same plan, or just fill one in and select plan? Thanks.
BTW, I didn't fill my phone numbers and got the same result as "Thank you for your submission. The changes you requested will be made to your account within 1 to 2 bill cycles." Is it OK?

I really don't know, I don't work for T-Mobile. I am guessing they will contact you if there is a problem. I assume will be able to figure out what you intended as long as you put in the right account number. Good luck?

Thanks anyway .

I already have 39.99, 1000 anytime minutes with free nights and weekend. What would I get?

10% discount. i get the corporate discount through my work and its 10% off your rate plan (and for family plans w/ more than 2 lines, its 10% off the cost of adding additional lines...

so you'd keep the same rate plan and minutes w/o contract extension but only have to pay $39.99 - $3.99 = $36/mo + taxes

Thanks, OP. ~green~

Don't know if I will sign-up for this discount, though.

i don't see a family my fave plan on there

they might extend your contract for another 2 years and you will lose out on annual phone upgrades but that I dunno

I get 11.25% off from my job. I wonder if I can stack em.

I think he deserves more green, nice job OP!

Gave it a shot, thanks OP.

Be aware, if you are currently on a plan that is not offered anymore you will have to switch to a current plan (ie, the request for corporate discount application will automatically switch you to the plan you select) to receive the corporate benefit.

storerobber said:
they might extend your contract for another 2 years and you will lose out on annual phone upgrades but that I dunno

We also have the unlimited messaging for the family at a discounted/grandfathered rate of $9.95 instead of the published rate of $19.95/month. I wonder if this might go away also? I think that I will hold off for now, but it looks like a good deal for some folks.

Check out the business plans. For some people, they are a better deal than the normal non-promo retail plans. No you do not need to be a business to get one.

Linko

The "National Business Plans" are basically the old "Get More" plans but you get mobile to mobile and 500 text messages/month for free.

tcope said: jubeit said: tcope said: Huh? These are the same plans offered to anyone:

I looked over the individual plans and they are exactly the same price as the OP listed in the initial post. Same price, same name.

I agree. No deal here. I've got 1500 minutes through T-Mobile, $39.99.

I finally read the web page a few times and DO see that there is a mention of the 10% discount over what is listed. Sorry. Thanks.

heathiopian said: tcope said: jubeit said: tcope said: Huh? These are the same plans offered to anyone:

I agree. No deal here. I've got 1500 minutes through T-Mobile, $39.99.

The deal that the OP is trying to get across is that you get a 10-15% corporate discount off your bill. T-Mobile gives discounts to employees and/or friends and family of specific partners or companies they contract with... such as MGM.

jubeit said: MGM offers its corporate T-Mobile rates ...
It doesn't check for any kind of email address ...

In the "Migration Form" page, it does ask for all that "Employee Information"

Also the fine print...
An employee shall be eligible to receive the Service and Unit pricing subject to the following conditions: (a) the employee shall be subject to T-Mobile's credit requirements; (b) the employee shall execute a form of our Service Agreement and agree to be bound by the T-Mobile Terms and Conditions of Service ("Terms and Conditions"); (c) the employee must comply with T-Mobile's activation procedures; and (d) the employee must be employed by a company participating under a Master Corporate Services program at the time of activation, and must provide us with proof of employment.

What kind of mess will it become, if we get caught as not an employee several months later?

Anyone can confirm if your current contract will be extended?
Thanks

storerobber said: i don't see a family my fave plan on there

Getting a discount by lying about employment? Count me out.

mobil1 said: Check out the business plans. For some people, they are a better deal than the normal non-promo retail plans. No you do not need to be a business to get one.

Linko

The "National Business Plans" are basically the old "Get More" plans but you get mobile to mobile and 500 text messages/month for free.

These are terrible for individuals. Same prices but no weeknights! 99 and 129 is just way outdated with the new $99 unlimited plan and the others are not good deals despite the free txt messaging included.

qalam said: mobil1 said: Check out the business plans. For some people, they are a better deal than the normal non-promo retail plans. No you do not need to be a business to get one.

Linko

These are terrible for individuals. Same prices but no weeknights! 99 and 129 is just way outdated with the new $99 unlimited plan and the others are not good deals despite the free txt messaging included.

That's why I said "for some people". For someone that has low minute usage every month, but does more texting, the Business plan would work out cheaper because you get 500 txt msgs included in the $39.99 business plan. Otherwise, you'd have to add the 400 txt msg feature for $4.99 on top of the $39.99 retail plan.

Basically, you're trading unlimited weeknights for 500 txt messages.

1lossir said: Getting a discount by lying about employment? Count me out.The thing that counted me out was that it's a $4 discount on a $40 plan. Is this really worth the possible problems it might create. Granted... this is Fatwallet .

Still a good find and worth mentioning.

calvin888 said: What kind of mess will it become, if we get caught as not an employee several months later?

thats exactly what i was thinking - ESPECIALLY considering there is definitely going to be a sudden influx of "mgm employees" claiming business discounts...

Skipping 17 Messages...
From today's transaction. I spoke with a lady from migration. The migration dept. asks for your id# and the company's phone number. The migration dept. passes the info to the Audit dept. The audit dept. randomly pulls up an account and verifies the info given. If the info given is false, you are responsible for all the charges that you received a discount for. Too risky if you want the Starbucks discount. Just join freelancers and have that peace of mind of not getting caught and risking paying the discounted charges back. Less hassle and also if you get caught your account will be flagged. Just FYI for everyone. Good luck and happy savings.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.