• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
RCA RT2770 1000 Watt 5.1 Home Theatre System [Recertified/Reconditioned] for $89.99 with free shipping at Buy.com with limited stock. Not bad for a (very) entry level system.

In Stock Soon: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 business days.

Here are the features from the RCA website.

- ENERGY STAR qualified This model consumes less than one watt in standby mode and meets the standards of the ENERGY STAR Program for energy efficiency
- 1000-Watts Total System Power 4 150-Watt L/R Front & L/R Back, 200-Watt center channel speaker, 200-Watt subwoofer
- 6-Channel Inputs 3 Digital inputs and 3 stereo input jacks allow connection of numerous audio sources
- USB Input Connect most mp3 players, thumbdrives and digital cameras through the front USB jack and enjoy your music through the home theatre system
- Digital AM/FM Tuner Tunes AM/FM stations with maximum accuracy and minimum drift
- Dolby Digital Up to 5.1 channels with full, wide band frequency response. Five main channels are discrete & have 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 3.1 Flexible Speaker Configuration Front surround speaker setting (optional) allows for surround sound without running speaker wires to the back of the room

Gets moderate (2 1/2 stars) reviews on Amazon.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ninety bucks...where else you gonna go?

shiiiii....

JUST paid $150+ tax at WalMart... it WAS $150 through Amazon, no tax free shipping, but they stopped carrying it -- only other resellers now.

Comments from a few reviews were right... very annoying you have to turn it up so much (like 25 out of 50) to get any sound.

Also, I was unable to add the device to the universal remote that came with the 32" Element LCD HDTV (Home Depot, Black Friday 2 yrs ago?). Kinda a bummer.

tihuy said: Ninety bucks...where else you gonna go?

take $50 OFF the purchase of $51 when you use your RevolutionCard
This promotion expires on March 21, 2008

more info here

$39.99

Now u can't really go anywhere else. Even used receivers will be more than 50 bucks.

JadaBatawa said: tihuy said: Ninety bucks...where else you gonna go?

take $50 OFF the purchase of $51 when you use your RevolutionCard
This promotion expires on March 21, 2008

more info here

$39.99

Now u can't really go anywhere else. Even used receivers will be more than 50 bucks.

But don't forget to cancel the what ever membership you sign up with other wise they will charge you a month later what ever the fee is. You will know when you get the package in the mail with free coupon and membership card. Happen to me and it could happen to you, there are no free lunch.

In for one, got this deal in e-mail. Nothing fancy, but should help out my new 65" Mitsubishi DLP

sim76 said:
But don't forget to cancel the what ever membership you sign up with other wise they will charge you a month later what ever the fee is. You will know when you get the package in the mail with free coupon and membership card. Happen to me and it could happen to you, there are no free lunch.

Thanks for the heads up.
I was watching for the catch in the online process and did not see one but I know they get you somehow.

50 off was applied during the checkout so that was good.

Is this a good price?

djangelxxx said: Is this a good price?The only price PriceGrabber shows is over $166 (shipped to Colorado) through RefurbDepot.

It runs around $145 through eBay, so yes, this appears to be a good price.

Can anyone tell us more details on what the 'catch' consists of and if you can cancel without extra cost?

The card description mentions no annual fee and no gimmicks, if there is no notification in the online signup, finding out later through snail mail seems risky - but if there is a way to not incur extra cost, to reasonably be able to stop any extra add-ons, it looks like a nice deal for mediocre but passable system.

Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not really sure why this is a negative rated deal. HTIB choices in the $100 range don't inspire high expectations. Pretty much this setup skips on the DVD player and pumps up the receiver. Speakers aren't great but neither are any other sub $100 HTIB sets.

To me the more robust receiver combined with the nice USB feature make this pretty solid, if you consider sub $100 HTIB kits...

i have this home theater setup and it's not bad but it doesn't get very loud...

Hey I just bought this and Buy.com gave me a additional $20.00 off with google check out. Total Price $69.99

great sound for the money. no dts, though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014