• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Great deal on FSX Deluxe version $14.99. It is OEM, so no retail packaging.

Coupon Link

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is for the OEM version:

"Not for individual sale. Must be purchased with a WinBook or PowerSpec system."

jailguard said: This is for the OEM version:

"Not for individual sale. Must be purchased with a WinBook or PowerSpec system."

Where do you read that?

I purchased it yesterday at Microcenter by itself.

Simple. Just search the item number and read the page.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0259928

Do you know what OEM means?

jailguard said: Simple. Just search the item number and read the page.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0259928

Do you know what OEM means?

Yep, For distribution with a new PC only, or bundled with new H/W.

I just don't see anything that states you must specifically purchase a Powerspec or Winbook system with it (at least in the E-mailer or on the coupon).

I think Microsoft dropped the requirement for H/W (purchase Motherboard, Processor, Hard Drive, etc.) on the same receipt as OEM software. Activation wise, they will still treat it as OEM...in other words more hassles if you try and move it to another system.

The above linked page reads, and I cut and paste:

Purchase Restriction: Not for individual sale. Must be purchased with a WinBook or PowerSpec system.

What can be clearer?

Fine. The product link at microcenter.com states it clear enough.

However, the Microcenter E-mailer stated no such restriction neither did the coupon. It only stated in-store only.

I brought the coupon to Microcenter yesterday and purchased it by itself with no problem.

Maybe they just have a bunch of OEM copies they are trying to get rid of ??

Nice price...I paid about $20 for my copy...but I've been using it for about
15 months.

The next version XI, is due out around 9-09.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014