Science Diet

will allow 2 print outs!

good on:

12 cans (or 6 large size cans)

or

3.5lb bag or higher

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
not necessarily. The key with coupon use is to get the greatest percentage off to bring down the net cost per pound.

The ... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 10, 2008 @ 1:15p) |

Right, but you need to have several coupons to make that work, otherwise you run out of food really fast and have to pay... (more)

my4mainecoons (Mar. 10, 2008 @ 1:39p) |

yeah, there's a trade off I suppose. Key is to use a coupon like this with those PETsMART $10 off $30 types they run now... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 10, 2008 @ 1:44p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how much does a 3.5lb bag cost?

DutchDutch said: how much does a 3.5lb bag cost?

Petco's site lists a 4 lb bag of cat food for $10.44, I don't know what it sells for in stores.

Great deal - Thanks op!

Is this coupon good on prescription diet like K/D?

Also, does anyone know of how to get the prescription diet cheaper than buying it at the vet's office?

TIA

TempusFugit said: Is this coupon good on prescription diet like K/D?

Also, does anyone know of how to get the prescription diet cheaper than buying it at the vet's office?

TIA

I don't see any restriction on the coupon that would not allow this.

I've seen the Prescription Diet stuff at PETsMART, so I'd imagine that other places carry it too.

EDIT: Thanks OP! My "Small Bites" dog thanks you...

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get around my IE security settings preventing me from downloading the coupon.exe file?

Also, what are the expiration dates you're receiving?

expiration is 12/31/08

What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

Thanks for the heads up! Despite what dog food snobs say, the Sensitive Skin Science Diet is the only thing that doesn't cause my mutt's sensitive skin to blow up... Of course that's the one type of Science Diet food that rarely is on sale around me.

tomilicous said: What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

yes, fish is one of the flavors of the cat food!

it's Bricks coupon install, nothing fishy, just the software you need to print this out. No software, no coupons.

A round of "applause" and green to OP from my four legged friends !

In response to the question about prescription food, try www.rxpetfood.com. Your biggest hit on shipping comes with the first case, subsequent cases don't incur significantly higher fees. I was paying $1.56 per can of cat food at the vet. When I purchase 3 cases here it comes to about $1.08 including the shipping charges.

MISTERCHEAP said: tomilicous said: What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

it's Bricks coupon install, nothing fishy, just the software you need to print this out. No software, no coupons.

Why should there be software needed to print out the coupon. There is obviously something being installed on you computer that benefits the company, otherwise you could just print it out.

duhmel said: MISTERCHEAP said: tomilicous said: What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

Why should there be software needed to print out the coupon. There is obviously something being installed on you computer that benefits the company, otherwise you could just print it out.

Because CouponsDotCom requires their special formatting, etc.

JustLJ said: duhmel said: MISTERCHEAP said: tomilicous said: What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

Because CouponsDotCom requires their special formatting, etc.

Don't you really mean 'because coupon.com needs to collect information regarding your browsing history and have the ability to force pop-ups when you visit certain websites'. Read the privacy statement.

duhmel said: MISTERCHEAP said: tomilicous said: What is this trying to install to "print" coupons? Smells fishy.

that's the way it is, want the coupon or not? simple choice.

MISTERCHEAP said: That's the way it is, want the coupon or not? simple choice.

True. If they're that paranoid, do a "restore point" and "restore" after they print the coupon. The software is "respectable" and actually creates an uninstall in add/remove programs and actually does "uninstall" without nag screens.

kamurray said: In response to the question about prescription food, try www.rxpetfood.com. Your biggest hit on shipping comes with the first case, subsequent cases don't incur significantly higher fees. I was paying $1.56 per can of cat food at the vet. When I purchase 3 cases here it comes to about $1.08 including the shipping charges.

And to think my vet told me Hills was the only one that made a K/D diet for cats. According to the above website other make it too! My cat died last year but at the time I was paying $26.49 a case at the vet office. A case consisted of 24 of the 5.5 or 6 oz. cans. Cant remember if it was 5.5 or 6 but it was in that range. Dont know if you were buying the Hills K/D but if you were then they were charging you for a larger can. My vet occasionally accidently (or so he says) would charge me $1.58 for a can when i bought the single cans. I would call it to his attention and he said oh thats wrong thats for the larger can which i think was 14 or 15 oz. But they dont even make that size for cats so it had to been dog food. Anyways the rxpetfood site was higher on what i paid for a case but for others it might be cheaper plus they have other brands to consider for the kitties that need the renal food. Thanks for link kamurray.

My apologies for threadcapping but if you love your pet, be informed then buy this food if you think its a good deal for your pet. Personaly, I wouldn't feed it to my dog if it was free.

having problems printing coupon
tells me i have already printed them and it hasn't printed any . what do i do?????

someone post an image of the coupon, screw there software.

noeffort53 said: My apologies for threadcapping but if you love your pet, be informed then buy this food if you think its a good deal for your pet. Personaly, I wouldn't feed it to my dog if it was free.

Very true. I was feeding the SD puppy chow to my pup, until I read the ingredients... Corn, corn meal, chicken byproducts the top 3 ingredients.

noeffort53 said: My apologies for threadcapping but if you love your pet, be informed then buy this food if you think its a good deal for your pet. Personaly, I wouldn't feed it to my dog if it was free.

I've apparently been slowly killing my dog. I suck.

Time to switch dog food.

Thanks for the info.

shahnm said: noeffort53 said: My apologies for threadcapping but if you love your pet, be informed then buy this food if you think its a good deal for your pet. Personaly, I wouldn't feed it to my dog if it was free.

I've apparently been slowly killing my dog. I suck.

Time to switch dog food.
Thanks for the info.

Its not your fault if you didn't know, get educated and question everything, china ingredients?
Please spread the word, because a vet sells it doesn't mean its good. If my vet sold this crap
I would ask him/her why and then switch vets.
There are many reasonably priced High quality foods for our pets/family. With a good quality food you pet will eat less because it is more nutritious.
A great forum to start asking questions.

========SD Main ingredients ====================
corn meal (not ideal as a first ingredient, which should be a quality source of animal protein)
chicken by-product meal (anything but quality cuts of meat!)
soybean meal (a byproduct of the manufacturing process of soybean oil)
animal fat (rendered fat of unspecified animals, possibly diseased, decayed or even euthanized pets)

Roughly 9$-$11. PETsMART is usually cheaper than Petco, but there are sales at both stores. Sizes are 3.5-4.0 pounds for small bag, all the way up to about 17.5 pounds. Price per pound is always cheaper on the bigger bags, so you are better off using the coupon on a big bag, on sale.

Psipher said: Roughly 9$-$11. PETsMART is usually cheaper than Petco, but there are sales at both stores. Sizes are 3.5-4.0 pounds for small bag, all the way up to about 17.5 pounds. Price per pound is always cheaper on the bigger bags, so you are better off using the coupon on a big bag, on sale.

not necessarily. The key with coupon use is to get the greatest percentage off to bring down the net cost per pound.

The $5 coupon is a fixed amount, so here's an example.

Lets say the 3.5 lb bag is $9 and you get $5 off--net cost is $4 or about $1.14 per lb.

Or you get a 10 lb for $24- $5 coupon--net cost is $19 or $1.9 per lb.

So the upfront per pound of the larger bag is less, but not when you factor in the $5 coupon savings which is about 60% on a $9 bag versus 28% off a $24 bag it more than wipes out the larger bag per pound savings.

MISTERCHEAP said:

Lets say the 3.5 lb bag is $9 and you get $5 off--net cost is $4 or about $1.14 per lb.

So the upfront per pound of the larger bag is less, but not when you factor in the $5 coupon savings which is about 60% on a $9 bag versus 28% off a $24 bag it more than wipes out the larger bag per pound savings.

Right, but you need to have several coupons to make that work, otherwise you run out of food really fast and have to pay full price on another bag!

my4mainecoons said: MISTERCHEAP said:

Right, but you need to have several coupons to make that work, otherwise you run out of food really fast and have to pay full price on another bag!

yeah, there's a trade off I suppose. Key is to use a coupon like this with those PETsMART $10 off $30 types they run now and then to really get your OOP down. Hasn't been one lately, hopefully soon!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014