• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Safeway and its sister stores are advertising the great b2 get 3 free 12 pack soda deal! Good on all major brands (COKE, PEPSI and 7-up Products) March 20-26 (dates will vary by chain--Genuardis runs 3/21-27)

You can MIX/MATCH on this sale! For instance--Get 2 coke products, 2 pepsi and 1 7-up

Here's where the deal gets VERY HOT! If you have Coke Rewards free 12 pack coupons (two of them), you can get 5 12 packs for free! Use the 2 free 12 pack coupons to pay for the paid 2 Coke products and get 3 more any kind (Pepsi, Coke) at no cost to you! (note: may be some zip areas that run a b2get2 promotion--YMMV).

info confirmed at Safeway.com. Now up for new ad week. Sale dates vary per chain, Safeway in effect NOW 3/19-25, Dominicks 3/20-26 and Genuardis 3/21-27

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This deal is happening this week in Los Angeles at Vons and Pavilions (which are part of Safeway).

cogan (Mar. 20, 2008 @ 1:42p) |

Look around the shelves, at my Safeway there is a tear pad of coupons for "$1 off 2 boxes of Triscuits" right next to th... (more)

TeaLover (Mar. 21, 2008 @ 8:44a) |

MD Safeway stores have the Buy 2 get 3 free... but the at cost price is $5.69...

so it breaks down to $2.40 a 12pk, her... (more)

Zim (Mar. 21, 2008 @ 8:52a) |

5 day Super Coupons (with minimum $10 purchase) for....

Lucerne Butter, 16oz for $1.99
Nabisco snack crackers, 7 to 10 oz, select varieties, 2 for $3, must buy 2.
Hellmann's Mayonnaise, 24 to 30 oz, select varieties, 2 for $4, must by 2.

General deals....

12 pack Coca-Cola, Pepsi, 7-UP, Buy 2 get 3 Free
Edy's Grand Ice Cream, Buy 1 Get 1
Utz Potato Chips, Buy 1 Get 1
General Mills Cereal, Buy 1 Get 1
Bigelow Tea, Buy 1 Get 1
Lucerne Large Eggs, Buy 1 Get 1
Oscar Mayer Bacon, Buy 1 Get 1
Safeway Frozen Waffles, Buy 1 Get 1
Lucerne Whipped Cream, Buy 1 Get 1
Jimmy Dean Sausage, Buy 1 Get 1

mucho thanks to tealover at hcw
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MISTERCHEAP said: Dominicks Chain is advertising the great b2 get 3 free 12 pack soda deal! Good on all major brands (COKE, PEPSI and 7-up Products) March 20-26 (dates will vary by chain--Genuardis runs 3/21-27)

Here's where the deal gets VERY HOT! If you have Coke Rewards free 12 pack coupons (two of them), you can get 5 12 packs for free! Use the 2 free 12 pack coupons to pay for the paid 2 Coke products and get 3 more any kind (Pepsi, Coke) at no cost to you!

Please update thread as you find out details in your area/chain of Safeway. For now, deal is YMMV until more confirmations come in.

Did this not too long ago with the B2G2. Great deal if you have those coupons!

I never know where supermarket chains are, so I did a search:

Safeway and Safeway-owned stores are in the following states:

California, Washington, Texas, Illinois, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, Maryland, Virginia, Alaska, Nevada, Hawaii, District of Columbia, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota,

slackerace said: I never know where supermarket chains are, so I did a search:

Safeway and Safeway-owned stores are in the following states:

California, Washington, Texas, Illinois, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, Maryland, Virginia, Alaska, Nevada, Hawaii, District of Columbia, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota,

that list is incomplete. Genuardis is in Pennsylvania there may be others. How recent is that info slacker?

i just checked my genuardis advertisement for next week and dont see anything... ??

they have a deal for "buy 2 get 1 free" booooo...

Longhorn2k4 said: i just checked my genuardis advertisement for next week and dont see anything... ??

the ad dated 3/21-27? Safeway runs these deals chain wide, confirmed at Vons, Safeway online. Can't confirm online at Genuardi's because ad isn't up yet online for next week. If you have the hard copy longhorn, please check it again and the sale dates.

Longhorn2k4 said: they have a deal for "buy 2 get 1 free" booooo...

you are looking at the current ad!

you mean buy 2, get 1 free .. right ?

kringan said: you mean buy 2, get 1 free .. right ?

THIS IS NEXT WEEKS SALE, BUY 2 12 packs-12oz cans of any COKE/PEPSI/7-UP family product and get THREE FREE 12 packs of COKE/PEPSI/7-up products.

It may not be at every Safeway region, but is confirmed at some already. Check your zip for next weeks sale! NOT THIS WEEK

REPEAT--THIS IS NOT THE BUY 2 Get 1 sale on right now, THIS IS NEXT WEEK, so check your ads and wait for this sale to start if you need soda!

Please read the OP for the effective dates at different Safeway family stores.

Its b2g2 at seattle area stores says you save $11.xx on 4 which means they are charging $5.00+ for a 12 pack.

senator2001 said: Its b2g2 at seattle area stores says you save $11.xx on 4 which means they are charging $5.00+ for a 12 pack.

Ya...that's always the hitch with Safeway....their regular prices are insanely high...so buy 2 get 3 still isn't that great of a deal... if you've got a Kroger/King Soopers near you you can often get Big K for $2 a 12 and it's one of the better store brands...though for some reason they don't seem to ship it all the way to Ralph's.

Always still amazed that Bryer's Ice Cream is $3 a half gallon at WalMart/Target and it's $5.50 at Safeway. Obviously their model works though...but that can probably be tied to the fact that most people aren't so bright They see the get x free part and ignore the fact that the buy y part is 3x the price they'd pay next door.

I used BEFREE for free delivery at Safeway.com and with the buy 2 get 3 free @ 5.69 and the buy 3 get 3 of the 2 liters @ 1.89 on the coke I only needed another $10.26 of stuff to get to the $50 needed for free shipping.

12 pack cans for less than 2.30 and 2 liters for less than 1. and no lugging home good deal to me.

Thanks

Arizona Safeways-Buy 2 Get 2.

Nice to see my post at HCW made it over here!

If you go then don't forget the 2 free movie tickets deal if you spend $30+ on qualifying frozen items.

TeaLover said: Nice to see my post at HCW made it over here!

If you go then don't forget the 2 free movie tickets deal if you spend $30+ on qualifying frozen items.

you should post them here too tea! We eat food at FatWallet too! Thanks again for the info.

It's B2G2 in SF

This sounds great, but my local ad doesn't show the price of a 12 pack. Whenever there is a sale on 12 packs, my simple formula is if you can get a 6 pk of soda for $1, it's a deal (and a $1 a six pack is easy to remember). This is .16 per can. There are 60 cans in this deal, so the price would have to be $9.60 (60 *.16). I've never paid more than .25 a can (60 * .25) or $15.00 for all 5 of the 12 pks.

Last week Ralphs had a deal very similar, and the (5) 12 pks ended up costing $1.30 per 6 pack or .22 per can.

In Arizona Fry's Food and Drug and Albertson's will be running 5 for $12, must buy 5.

savinmypennies said: This sounds great, but my local ad doesn't show the price of a 12 pack. Whenever there is a sale on 12 packs, my simple formula is if you can get a 6 pk of soda for $1, it's a deal (and a $1 a six pack is easy to remember). This is .16 per can. There are 60 cans in this deal, so the price would have to be $9.60 (60 *.16). I've never paid more than .25 a can (60 * .25) or $15.00 for all 5 of the 12 pks.

Last week Ralphs had a deal very similar, and the (5) 12 pks ended up costing $1.30 per 6 pack or .22 per can.

typically on this deal, the price is about $5.50 per 12 pack before deposit. So deal is about 5 for $11. YMMV

MISTERCHEAP said: TeaLover said: Nice to see my post at HCW made it over here!

you should post them here too tea! We eat food at FatWallet too! Thanks again for the info.

We need a Grocery Store forum here, didn't there used to be one?

I was thinking that people here woudln't be interested in the regular B1G1 deals, just the super deals like the cereal & the old hillshire farms deal. Speaking of which I think I'm down to my last 3 packages now!

Too bad I don't have any of these stores where I live.

Thanks! Will stop by this evening. My rotting teeth thank you!

Most Walgreens ads for this week have a coupon on the front page of the ad that is 5/$11. Regional variances probably apply. This is probably the same price as Dominicks, but not as good a deal if you want to use MCR coupons.

Just got the new Genuardis HARD COPY ad. Deal is confirmed as BUY2 GET3 FREE starting 3/21.

also the supercoupons valid 3/21-24 ONLY.

Hellmanns Mayo 2 for $4AC
Nabisco crackers (7-10 oz boxes only) 2 for $3
Lucerne Butter is $1.99 AC

other good deals:

Arizona Teas 42 oz are 88cents

gallon of milk is $3.18

all Lloyds Shredded BBQ Products (tub) are BOGO

This deal is happening this week in Los Angeles at Vons and Pavilions (which are part of Safeway).

MISTERCHEAP said: also the supercoupons valid 3/21-24 ONLY.

Nabisco crackers (7-10 oz boxes only) 2 for $3

Look around the shelves, at my Safeway there is a tear pad of coupons for "$1 off 2 boxes of Triscuits" right next to them, this can be used together with the Supercoupon to make it $1 a box when you buy 2.

MD Safeway stores have the Buy 2 get 3 free... but the at cost price is $5.69...

so it breaks down to $2.40 a 12pk, here - 20 cents a can, better than a vending machine, not as good as the 5 12pks for $10.

And no limit! The savings on extra trips to stock up is worth it to me!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014