• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Meijer is a big box discount retailer in the Midwest. Yesterday, I wandered into the tool department and found most of their private label Shop Force brand power tools clearanced around 50% off. I don't imagine that Shop Force will deliver the quality you'll find with more established brands at Home Depot, Lowes, etc., but for entry level tools they're probably more in the realm of Black and Decker. If you're just starting your home/tool collection and don't have the budget yet for Dewalt, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, etc the big kids play with, this is an alternative to the likes of Harbor Freight or other entry level tools.

I picked up a 10" table saw with stand, bevel cut for $79.99, regularly $149.99.

I also picked up a 2 gallon air compressor with hose and bevy of attachments for $49.99, regularly $99.99.

To note, I saw a 10" laser miter saw for $69.99. It appeared the whole category of Shop Force was clearanced from power washers, to saws, to air compressors, to drills....the whole lot.

I checked their weekly ad and website and didn't see this advertised. I found these items at the Hilliard Rome Rd. location in Columbus, OH on 4/19. The clearance shelf tags read 3/31 - 5/1, so there may only be 10 days left on this deal.

Happy Hunting!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. I live 5 min. from that location. Will stop by later today to see if they've got anything I need (or can use).

Thanks for the heads-up. Shop Force is about the same grade as the stuff you buy from Harbor Freight, or the Tool Shop brand from Menards (might be the same thing). I snagged a 3 gallon compressor over the holidays for $32 after a $8 Meijer Bucks coupon - and last I was in there I noticed it was down to the $40 price again. For that price, you can put up with a POS if you use it once in a blue moon.

Their power washers are Shop Force branded (hint hint)

Now whadda whanna bet they come out with the same cheap stuff with the GFM (Garbage From Meijer) brand on it.

Anyone have that little 12 volt Shopforce air compressor that they have on sale for $19.99? Any good? It's the 140 psi little one.

Too bad they don't have the extra 50% coupons out right now

there is that thread someone just posted about an extra 20% off with Meijer Credit card going on for April 25th and 26th tho!

MrStank said: Too bad they don't have the extra 50% coupons out right now

May want to check - mine has 30% coupons through the end of April

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014