WalMart prints checks

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Maybe it's old news to many - but I didn't know - linky

It's easy to find coupons etc. for ChecksUnlimited.com and so on, but I ordered checks from Checks Unlimited before for this account, and they recognized that and removed my coupon. WalMartChecks is about half price compared to no coupon ChecksUnlimited. Hope this is helpful to someone

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
WalMart seems to have what you are looking for:

http://www.walmartchecks.com/line.aspx?lineid=13&lid=wal2

Share Your Memor... (more)

mrblueyzz (Apr. 28, 2008 @ 11:27p) |

You guy can check out costco.com for more options and lower price. But You need MBS

Bla4nothing (Apr. 29, 2008 @ 12:18a) |

I ordered the plain checks from my bank and it was $10 for like 1,000 checks. (Zions Bank)

darrin0 (Apr. 29, 2008 @ 10:32a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good timing, I need to order new checks today.

I was just getting ready to order checks and I was worried about Checks Unlimited.
I used them for my last batch a couple of years ago.
Does WalMart do this in-store?
I haven't been to a WalMart in a long time.

cmcdan1524 said: Does WalMart do this in-store?
I haven't been to a WalMart in a long time.
Don't know. I ordered online

Perfect timing. Thanks OP!

BTW - USPS S&H is $2.50 and includes the processing charge. DHL is the preferred carrier (at about $4.75) but you can choose USPS to save another couple of dollars.

I have been using Versachecks for a long time now. Never knew of WalMart.

The one good thing about Versachecks is that I can print checks on my computer and keep track of everything.

Cons: They will only allow us to buy in bulk 1000 or more. Who needs that many checks in this digital world.

Wow, I always ordered from my bank and didn't know I could order from any other place

Don't I have to order checks from my bank?
You can order checks anywhere you choose. Our checks are convenient to order, meet all bank requirements, and are often priced dramatically lower.

Just received an order from WalMart checks this week. I've been ordering from them for over a year.

I have to ask..

1) Is this cheap? If I just get the smallest order.. 6.96 + 2.50 shipping? I don't use checks that often but it's good to have some when I do need them.

2) And what's the difference between single and duplicates? It says:

Singles - 6 pads/240 checks and 36 deposit tickets per box.
Duplicates - 7 pads/175 checks and 35 deposit tickets per box.

I assume it has something to do with an extra copy for record keeping.. but please confirm.

Thanks!

A little off topic but does anyone know of a place that would make custom checks with the background a .jpg you provide? I'm not talking about a logo on your checks. I mean the whole background design. Thanks.

And yes, I googled it without much success.

PReMieR said: I have to ask..

2) And what's the difference between single and duplicates? It says:

Singles - 6 pads/240 checks and 36 deposit tickets per box.
Duplicates - 7 pads/175 checks and 35 deposit tickets per box.

I assume it has something to do with an extra copy for record keeping.. but please confirm.
Yep, the duplicate checks leave a carbon copy behind when you tear the check out. The empty book (that now contains only the carbon copies) can be stored as a record of your written checks.

dphmicn said: A little off topic but does anyone know of a place that would make custom checks with the background a .jpg you provide? I'm not talking about a logo on your checks. I mean the whole background design. Thanks.

uniquechecks.com

begunn said: dphmicn said: A little off topic but does anyone know of a place that would make custom checks with the background a .jpg you provide? I'm not talking about a logo on your checks. I mean the whole background design. Thanks.

uniquechecks.com

Thanks. Anyone else?

I just ordered from WalMart checks a few days ago. I needed checks and since I didn't have a coupon, WalMart was the cheapest I found (after shipping).

Nothing says lets meet later at a rest stop like Tinker Bell checks...

People still write checks?

rebatemachine said: Nothing says lets meet later at a rest stop like Tinker Bell checks...

Good prices. But I'll skip the Tinker Bell checks.

HoldMeBack said: People still write checks?Yup. But it's not as common as threadcrapping.

I get free checks from BoA. They have the carbon copy feature, but are really boring and plain. Free > designed checks IMO. So I'd suggest people check with their banks first to see if they can get free checks as well before jumping on this.

HoldMeBack said: People still write checks?

Yes, for instance: my local butcher shop only takes checks or cash. No debit or credit. As my modus operandi is to never carry cash: voila! I write a check. I also encountered this scenario recently at a donut shop. Some places do not take debit or credit.

warning - i had gotten a dup. checks from wal mart the checks are very tough to tear out of the book w/out ripping them

WalMart prints checks
Gee, I always thought they paid their employee's in loose change...

dphmicn said: A little off topic but does anyone know of a place that would make custom checks with the background a .jpg you provide? I'm not talking about a logo on your checks. I mean the whole background design. Thanks.

WalMart does it...
Create and order your Photo Check set now!

Just in time for my MIL's move!
Tanks!

electricpatj said: Just in time for my MIL's move!
Tanks!
Tanks right back at ya!

Mgamer20o0 said:
WalMart does it...

Photo Checks @ Wally's

costco has cheaper checks
costco la poop

electricpatj said: Mgamer20o0 said:
WalMart does it...

Photo Checks @ Wally's

Ouch! Singles: One box=$15 and 4 boxes=$60!

2 boxes duplicate for 11 member, 8.50 executive
2 boxes singles for 10 member , 8.07 executive
kutta said: costco has cheaper checks
costco la poop

costco la poop

yeah, sams club does it too.

I just use the free fidelity checks. As long as they're not embarrassing I don't care how they look. Plain is fine for me.

electricpatj said: Mgamer20o0 said:
WalMart does it...

Photo Checks @ Wally's

WalMart only puts a small photo centered on the check though.
Uniquechecks.com fills the entire check with the photo.

costco la poop

Not that much cheaper esp considering you have to be a member...

I agree but for executive members like me, its cheaper electricpatj said: kutta said: costco has cheaper checks
costco la poop

Not that much cheaper esp considering you have to be a member...

kutta said: I agree but for executive members like me, its cheaper
Hey, then...cut me some checks, Chet!

samsclub is cheap and they don't even ask for your membership number last time I tried might be worth a shot

No animals died making these checks.

Don't your banks send checks to you ................ for free?

Wish they had checks that could be used with Quicken as the prices are quite good!

only the first book of checks...
they charge a lot for reprinting checks

xxqtony said: Don't your banks send checks to you ................ for free?

Skipping 15 Messages...
I ordered the plain checks from my bank and it was $10 for like 1,000 checks. (Zions Bank)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014