Sams Club All Mattresses on Clearance

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My local Sams Club in Rochester NY had all mattresses, box springs and frame on clearance.

They have level 2, 3, and 4 mattresses (price and supposed quality goes up with each level). They had all sizes in the different levels. Most queens / Kings were about $150-$200 off the mattress alone. The larger the mattress, the bigger the discount.

I picked up the level 3 Serta The Perfect Sleeper Hampshire Pillowtop full size.

My receipt is as follows:

Mattress $265.81 Regular $449 (I believe, I didn't write it down)
Box Spring $65.81 Regular $95
Bedframe $32.78 Regular $55 ( I think )

The website shows the clearance prices but the store had more choices available than the website shows so ymmv. The model I bought is no longer on the website but they had a few left.

They were going fast. When I was there 1 guy bought 3 and 2 other people grabbed 1.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Any long term owners of these mattresses can comment on their comfort level and durability?

(I'm specifically looking at ... (more)

mshan (Apr. 29, 2008 @ 9:50p) |

I did buy the King, Level 3 for 330.81 and Box for 120.81 in AZ. I think the original was more than 450 for mattress alo... (more)

thampi (May. 03, 2008 @ 11:55p) |

I am considering the King Serta Hampshire mattress at Sam's for 330. Are you happy with yours? Do you have any comopla... (more)

FrugalConsumer (May. 26, 2008 @ 5:06p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

im 100% sure thats the regular price for the bed frames at sams. im not sure about the beds though.

Is this local only? Can anyone else confirm? I have sams club but its a 15 mile drive and I'm feeling awfully lazy today. Though I seriously do need a new mattress.

They had Tags with original price and then the new clearance price. The frame was on clearance.

I work at sams, these are regular prices for them clearance prices end in .01.

the mattress and box spring prices end in .01 . So those are clearance. Maybe the frame is not.

jsd2643 said: the mattress and box spring prices end in .01 . So those are clearance. Maybe the frame is not.

I think he really meant .01 and not .*1

your OP states .81

I'm just trying to help others out with a good deal on a mattress. The mattresses and box springs ARE on clearance. They showed the original price and the clearance price below it. If you need a mattress check your local store out.

I saved about $220 off the regular price tag (which I viewed with my own 2 eyes) on my mattess / box spring

I bought a Serta Galloway Plush top twin for $125.81 in Tinley Park, IL.

could sb. tell each size of California King, King, Queen, Full and Twins.
California King, King and Queen usually for one person, and Queen is the largest among three.
Full and Twins are for a couple. Twins is bigger.
Right?
I am not a native speaker and was puzzled. Thanks.

heehhe said: could sb. tell each size of California King, King, Queen, Full and Twins.
California King, King and Queen usually for one person, and Queen is the largest among three.
Full and Twins are for a couple. Twins is bigger.
Right?
I am not a native speaker and was puzzled. Thanks.

You have it backwards. Twin and full are for one person. Queen, King, and Calif King are for two people and the largest. The sizes are in the order I mentioned them.

deleted

.01 or .81 is clearance ?
Or maybe both ?
An employee says .01, purchaser says .81.
Confused at the least.

Are these clearance or regular price !!!

I'm thinking about buying the Serta Galloway Firm / Push twin mattress with Serta box spring.

Are these quality mattresses, or are they cheap mattresses (I think the combo is normally three hundred and something dollars including delivery)?

This is YMMV ... we are looking to replace one and were there today (Green Bay). All were the same price they've been all along.

As for the question on quality/comffort ... we have a Comfort Level 2 (Serta) for one of our girls, and it has been a very sturdy, comfortable bed. It is holding up as every bit as well as what you'd double for at a furniture store.

mistycoupon said: .01 or .81 is clearance ?
Or maybe both ?
An employee says .01, purchaser says .81.
Confused at the least.

Are these clearance or regular price !!!

Sale price or "Special Buy" price

Confirmed in Austin, TX. Picked up a twin at Sams on Capital of Texas Highway. I asked an employee there about the price tag (it said original price $___ and then had the current price underneath). He said they were clearance-ing them out and bringing in new models. Not sure if this one is better or the one at Costco. About a $15 price difference, but the one at Costco is a Sealy (or was it Simmons) and at regular price. Any opinions? I also picked up the #2 Galloway twin.

Confirmed in Savannah, GA too. Bought 2 mattresses yesterday.

I am thinking about this one...but b4 making decision....I'm gonna sleep on it...

I just picked up a #2 Full size for $265 and the box springs for $65, in Plano Tx. We were shopping around this past weekend, and this seemed to be the best deal around. They said they do not carry the Full size in stores of the #3, and did not have any queen in stock, otherwise I would have got the #3.

UPDATE: Sorry...I meant to say I got the #3 and they dont carry the #4 in Full at the store.

Just to clear up some confusion about clearance prices. The employee that quoted the prices ending in .01 was a clearance price was correct, sorta. When corporate wants to clear out items company wide, they price it with the .01 ending price. However, when regional discounts happen, they don't necessarily have to end in .01. Regional wide clearances are sometimes a certain percentage off, ignoring the .01 rule. Sometimes regional clearances do have the .01 price. Its a little hit or miss.

Can Sam's club deliver? Anyone know what the charge is?
mez

How does one know which ones are Level 2,3,4...?

mezmez said: Can Sam's club deliver? Anyone know what the charge is?
mez

They do not.

"How does one know which ones are Level 2,3,4...?"

Each mattress is labeled 2, 3, or 4. Level 2 has a 5 year warranty, level 3 has a 10 year warranty

Can anyone confirm if they carry low profile box springs? I need one to go with my W hotel mattress. Thanks in advance.

cyfan,

cal king > king > queen > full = double > twin

There are variations too, twin XL, double XL.

edit: king = 2x twin
cal king = 2x XL twin

To save money you can get two twin boxsprings and a king mattress. Easier to move too.

Generally queen is the traditional American married couple bed from what i've seen. Doubles (maybe even twins) are for those who are still dating. =)

-G

If anybody has gotten a Galloway (level 2) Queen for less than 225, can you post a receipt scan?

mezmez said: Can Sam's club deliver? Anyone know what the charge is?
mez

Yeah, I had same question b/c don't know how I would get a king size home! Guess can rent a truck but that would be a pain. Anyone know if would fit in a mini-van, guess could put on top but that is risky...

2cheap2eat said: mezmez said: Can Sam's club deliver? Anyone know what the charge is?
mez

Yeah, I had same question b/c don't know how I would get a king size home! Guess can rent a truck but that would be a pain. Anyone know if would fit in a mini-van, guess could put on top but that is risky...

When I picked mine up, 1 guy had 3 mattresses strapped to the top of the roof of his mini van. I bought the full. I put the mattress in the back of my mini van and tied the box spring to the roof. A king will not fit in a mini van. It is safe on top, you just have to strap it down good and take it slow.

Indianapolis IN has 6 left

Confirmed in Charleston,SC.

Anyone have the prices for the kings yet? Will be making a trip after work today to check it out, but an idea before I get there would be good!

I am interested in this one:

Serta® Galloway Plush Firm Mattress - Queen

Price shown $225.81 at my club. Can any owner share some comments on it? Hard to find a review online. Since this model seems to be SAMS specific.

Bought twin mattress & 2 boxsprings in Augusta, GA. Tags on shelves are for clearance price, but don't say clearance and don't have original price.

Thanks OP.

We were in need of a Queen Mattress and have been looking all over this past weekend. The cheapest we found for a FIRM(HARD no name brand) Queen size mattress was $390.

Just came back from Sam's in Elmsford, NY and bought the Galloway Queen Plush firm mattress price is $225.81..original price I believe was $289(which still isn't a bad price). There were a alot of twins and 2 Queen Serta® Galloway Plush Firm Mattress left(as of 5pm). They even have a sample of the Galloway Plush Firm there to try out and it was PERFECT!!!! It wasn't too hard or soft.

THANK You, Thank You OP!!!!!

jsd2643 said: They had Tags with original price and then the new clearance price. The frame was on clearance.
I've seen in my Sams club that often they 'clearance' items without actually dropping the price at all. I'll see the same items week after week in the discontinued/clearance area, but price never drops. Not true with all items, just some.

The regular price at Sam's for mattresses is already a good deal. To have a discount is awesome! I bought one a year ago during all the sales, etc. and couldn't find anybody to beat Sam's regular price.... Only catch, no delivery... but that isn't a problem for everybody.

Skipping 3 Messages...
I am considering the King Serta Hampshire mattress at Sam's for 330. Are you happy with yours? Do you have any comoplaints? Does it sleep comfortably? Thanks for the info.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014