• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link. Great start for a decent HTPC system.
Only downfall is that it's bound to be an OEM CPU, so you'll have to find a decent HSF.

B&M for the noobs that don't understand Fry's = B&M.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This deal is back again. In today's LA Times ad, it is $59. Link to LA Times.
Also, there are some very good prices on me... (more)

zmaster (May. 02, 2008 @ 12:56p) |

Bay Area has the X2 5200+ for $89 this week end.
It seems Fry's is liquidating all their old inventory processors.
They so... (more)

Frenchy2k1 (May. 02, 2008 @ 2:57p) |

Same 5200+ combo in Austin TX. No 4200+ combo. They have a Antec Solo case with Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H and 4800+ for $184.9... (more)

fishhawk (May. 02, 2008 @ 3:20p) |

Fry's AMD X2 4200+ w/ ECS GF6100PM-M2 mobo
- Bay Area : $49.99 B&M
- SoCal (and everywhere else?) : $59.99 B&M

Appeared: 4/28/08
Valid: 4/28/08 to 4/29/08

Link to mobo at newegg

Q: Does this combo come with a HSF?
It's a tray CPU mean bare CPU only and does not come with HSF.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks to the OP for updating the title and post.

Even more thanks to the idiots who gave me red thinking that I misread the title.

I don't think simply because the post is Frys means I should assume it's B&M. Did frys.com cease to exist?

walletandgromice said:
IN STORE ONLY.

B&M

Any such text would be wildly appreciated... :-/


valleypoboy said: link. Great start for a decent HTPC system.
Only downfall is that it's bound to be an OEM CPU, so you'll have to find a decent HSF.

NM, double post

Shows $59.99 on the LA times ad.

valleypoboy said: link. Great start for a decent HTPC system.
Only downfall is that it's bound to be an OEM CPU, so you'll have to find a decent HSF.
Wow, thats damn cheap

Fry's needs to build a store in Colorado. I am tired of missing deals like these.

Thanks for getting my hopes up and then throwing them to the ground and stomping on them, OP.

Picked one up this morning in Dallas. It is a bare CPU. I bought this same combo a few weeks back for $59.99 and I was able to pricematch it today and get a $10 refund.

Harrkev said: Fry's needs to build a store in Colorado. I am tired of missing deals like these.

Thanks for getting my hopes up and then throwing them to the ground and stomping on them, OP.


Same thing for me in KC!

sigh i want a FRY's!

and perhaps some IN-N-OUT burgers too.

Could someone confirm whether the CPU is OEM or Retail in LA area (I am thinking that maybe for the $10 extra, they might throw in the fan... I am dreaming here?). Thanks!

Anyone know if this is valid in phoenix too?

Don't see it in Atlanta...

just picked one up. FYI this may be a misprint that they r honoring. They needed to enter thisinto the system separately so u may be able to return the mobo separately. cpu rings in at $30 and mobo at 19.99

i need a cheap mobo so ill just keep it.

PReMieR said: sigh i want a FRY's!

and perhaps some IN-N-OUT burgers too.


I am lucky, I have both very near to me.

I luv In and Out and luv fry's along with it as well.

For people wanting a Fry brick and mortar in their state.... just remember that if one is there you
be charged your state tax even making on line purchases.

Dell really shot themselves in the foot with dinky storefronts in various states.... I remember
when it was online/telephone only and no state tax. The day Newegg opens such a store in my state
I will be very unhappy.

emok said: just picked one up. FYI this may be a misprint that they r honoring. They needed to enter thisinto the system separately so u may be able to return the mobo separately. cpu rings in at $30 and mobo at 19.99

I'm thinking that's just for their bookkeeping entries. That said, you can always try - especially if your in the area anyway. Sometimes it works.

ZzZzs said: emok said: just picked one up. FYI this may be a misprint that they r honoring. They needed to enter thisinto the system separately so u may be able to return the mobo separately. cpu rings in at $30 and mobo at 19.99

I'm thinking that's just for their bookkeeping entries. That said, you can always try - especially if your in the area anyway. Sometimes it works.


Just saying that I had a different experience this time. In the past, they have a bundle sku and on the invoice it shows a bundle. This time, they knew about this particular ad and department head came by and said they needed to do it differently with special price adjustments. More importantly, the receipt doesn't show a bundle.

dvdjunkee said: Anyone know if this is valid in phoenix too?

az republic really needs to put the frys ads online like the other newspapers in other states. i hope it is good for us today too.

emok said: just picked one up. FYI this may be a misprint that they r honoring. They needed to enter thisinto the system separately so u may be able to return the mobo separately. cpu rings in at $30 and mobo at 19.99

i need a cheap mobo so ill just keep it.



You have to return them BOTH......they won't let you return just one part

Anyone know if this is valid in phoenix too?

$89 for AMD x2 4800+ combo in PHX

valleypoboy said: link. Great start for a decent HTPC system.
Only downfall is that it's bound to be an OEM CPU, so you'll have to find a decent HSF.

B&M for the noobs that don't understand Fry's = B&M.


valleypoboy,
frys.com is frys online store, so "B&M" really needs to be there to indicate it is from local retail stores only to prevent any misunderstanding to the readers.

edit: SF bayarea has this too, the ad didn't mention bare or retail cpu.

Spacemountain said: Picked one up this morning in Dallas. It is a bare CPU. I bought this same combo a few weeks back for $59.99 and I was able to pricematch it today and get a $10 refund.

confirmed in Dallas metro via Spacemountain's purchase and ... it's in the ad. i missed it in the ad the first time, but it's there.

These prices are insane like the old Crazy Eddie's sales. $50+tax for a combo that will match anything from 2 years ago. If it continues this way they will be paying us to take them.

I just picked one up in SoCal, I confirm that this is an OEM non-fan version of the CPU for the stated 49.99.

A couple of years back the B&M deals were usually available from outpost.com (old fry.com name) for about $10 more. Are these great combo deals ever avialable online any more?

solidfusion said: I just picked one up in SoCal, I confirm that this is an OEM non-fan version of the CPU for the stated 49.99.

Actually www.latimes.com states $59.99. You only paid $49.99? How south in SoCal are you?
I would jump on this at $49.99 for OEM and $59.99 for Retail CPU only... Yep, I am that cheap!

valleypoboy said: B&M for the noobs that don't understand Fry's = B&M.

That's like saying that "if you don't understand what an Acme HG78209xzr is, it means an Acme HG78209xzr." If you are going to start to provide an explanation, why not say "... = brick & mortar, i.e. a local retail store."

Excellent deal, though. I'll echo the other poster in asking if these combo deals are ever available online.

Available in Manhattan Beach, CA (aka LA store).

Picked up one, 2-3 left. The employee took the price tag down after I bought mine. The two-three boxes are located under an Abit AMN2 red motherboard on display.


by the way, the motherboard uses a 24 pin power connection. So if you have a 20pin power supply, you'll need to buy an adapter from monoprice/Newegg or fry's if they carry it.

TCIII said: emok said: just picked one up. FYI this may be a misprint that they r honoring. They needed to enter thisinto the system separately so u may be able to return the mobo separately. cpu rings in at $30 and mobo at 19.99

i need a cheap mobo so ill just keep it.



You have to return them BOTH......they won't let you return just one part
You're missing his point. He's well aware of how bundles are typially rang up.

Can anyone recommend a HSF for this? I'm looking for something like the OEM Heat Sink Fan that is cheap and relatively quiet. I don't think I will be OC'ing.

bmejhu said: Can anyone recommend a HSF for this? I'm looking for something like the OEM Heat Sink Fan that is cheap and relatively quiet. I don't think I will be OC'ing.

look a this deal in --> this thread <-- , cost about $20

bmejhu said: Can anyone recommend a HSF for this? I'm looking for something like the OEM Heat Sink Fan that is cheap and relatively quiet. I don't think I will be OC'ing.

While you're at fry's, you can pick up one of these. I think it's been getting pretty good reviews for $14.99.

emok said: bmejhu said: Can anyone recommend a HSF for this? I'm looking for something like the OEM Heat Sink Fan that is cheap and relatively quiet. I don't think I will be OC'ing.

While you're at fry's, you can pick up one of these. I think it's been getting pretty good reviews for $14.99.


I put together a new box for my boss last week using one of those. Seems to be perfectly fine. Of course, if you don't point out you don't want to spend $40 on a fan, that's what you'll end up with from their helpful employees (as opposed to this less expensive option).

Can I use an Intel stock LGA775 heatsink for this?

sunfish said: Can I use an Intel stock LGA775 heatsink for this?


No. LGA775 and AM2 motherboards have incompatible heatsink connectors.

None available in Austin TX. Went to price match my combo from 3 1/2 weeks earlier, and was out of stock, so they couldn't look up the combo price. Good thing I was there for other reasons, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Got rain check in FV.

lousygolfer said: valleypoboy said: B&M for the noobs that don't understand Fry's = B&M.

That's like saying that "if you don't understand what an Acme HG78209xzr is, it means an Acme HG78209xzr." If you are going to start to provide an explanation, why not say "... = brick & mortar, i.e. a local retail store."

Excellent deal, though. I'll echo the other poster in asking if these combo deals are ever available online.


lousygolfer,
Until a little over a year ago fry's website was only outpost.com. Fry's B&M and outpost aka frys.com nearly NEVER run the same deals. This is why everyone that shops at Fry's and has been a FW member for more than a year understands that Fry's = B&M and frys.com or outpost = online. The 2 can almost be considered completely different stores because as I said above, there is nearly NEVER a time when you can get the same deal online as you can B&M. I do understand the purpose behind using B&M in deals at stores such as Sears, CC, BB, etc... these stores often run deals that are available both online and B&M. With Fry's most of us consider Frys.com and Fry's 2 different stores.

RyogaHibiki said: sunfish said: Can I use an Intel stock LGA775 heatsink for this?


No. LGA775 and AM2 motherboards have incompatible heatsink connectors.


Also doesn't work with a P4 Socket 478 HSF. I picked up an AMD OEM Athlon 64 3800+ last week from frys from $15. The fan fits great.

Skipping 8 Messages...
Frenchy2k1 said: Bay Area has the X2 5200+ for $89 this week end.
It seems Fry's is liquidating all their old inventory processors.
They sold every Athlon64 below 4000+ for $10-15 2 weeks ago and now they ran combos with 4200+ monday and tuesday and 5200+ this week end. There wont be a low end AMD processor available there by the end of the month I guess


Same 5200+ combo in Austin TX. No 4200+ combo. They have a Antec Solo case with Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H and 4800+ for $184.98.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014