• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dyson DC25 org. price $499.99 price match to Sears $424.99 then print off 20% off coupon from LNT's (can be found on their web site). This brings the price down to $339.99 before tax. BB&B had no problem with taking both.

Good Luck!

I am not interested in a debate on what vacuum is the best. This post is for people that want to buy this vacuum at a decent price.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WHY IS YOUR POST IN ALL CAPS???

Also I've said it before and I'll say it again. The roomba with the scheduler is NOT as good as a vacuum as this BUT it does vacuum on its own 3+times per week each and every single week with little work from you at all. On a single pass the Dyson is 100% no questions asked a better machine. However, over the long run I'd bet money that the carpets cleaned with a roomba are cleaner.

Worked in Philly, thanks OP! Store manager wasn't too happy about the PM (since it was unadvertised price). Also griped about 20% coupon, but I responded:

"That's how you guys have chosen to market yourself. Has anyone ever paid full price in BBB?" One of the employees laughed behind him and at that point he relented.

Great vaccuum so far. After messing around with 3 Dyson knock offs (including the lauded Mach 5), I do not expect to return this one. I love a quality product.

Edit: P.S. Picked up a lot of dirt that my Roomba didn't.

Thanks OP. Just picked one up this afternoon, and the folks at BB&B were totally gracious about the PM + discount.

Nice one.

Don't waste your time at the Colma store, either price match or 20% LNT coupon.

I am not interested in a debate on what vacuum is the best. This post is for people that want to buy this vacuum at a decent price.

Just for this comment - green!!!

FYI to anyone who gets in on a DC25:

We brought ours home and thought the rotating brush part was D.O.A. - after close inspection it turns out a that a little debris had bent one of the electrical connectors and it wasn't making contact with the plug that it seats into when you snap it all together. We were *that* close to taking it back to the store

The lower weight and manueverability make it very easy to work with, and it seems about as powerful if not a little more so than our old refurb DC07 (now retired to light duty).

A little "tinny" feeling due to all that plastic, but at least it has the Dyson 5 year warranty. Here's hoping it's as good as its reputation.

Thanks again OP.

Ixorous said: FYI to anyone who gets in on a DC25:

We brought ours home and thought the rotating brush part was D.O.A. - after close inspection it turns out a that a little debris had bent one of the electrical connectors and it wasn't making contact with the plug that it seats into when you snap it all together. We were *that* close to taking it back to the store

The lower weight and manueverability make it very easy to work with, and it seems about as powerful if not a little more so than our old refurb DC07 (now retired to light duty).

A little "tinny" feeling due to all that plastic, but at least it has the Dyson 5 year warranty. Here's hoping it's as good as its reputation.

Thanks again OP.


is this thing bigger over dc18? ty!

Ok price but still cannot touch the $199 I paid for my DC25. I love the way you just have to flick your wrist to turn it.

JagsRule said: Ok price but still cannot touch the $199 I paid for my DC25. I love the way you just have to flick your wrist to turn it.

How did you manage to get it for $199 ??? New ???

JagsRule said: Ok price but still cannot touch the $199 I paid for my DC25. I love the way you just have to flick your wrist to turn it.

Yes, I would like to know how you got that deal too!

simpsons4ever said: JagsRule said: Ok price but still cannot touch the $199 I paid for my DC25. I love the way you just have to flick your wrist to turn it.

Yes, I would like to know how you got that deal too!


and why you didn't share the deal with you immediate FW family YOU!

MISURICK said: Ixorous said: FYI to anyone who gets in on a DC25:

We brought ours home and thought the rotating brush part was D.O.A. - after close inspection it turns out a that a little debris had bent one of the electrical connectors and it wasn't making contact with the plug that it seats into when you snap it all together. We were *that* close to taking it back to the store

The lower weight and manueverability make it very easy to work with, and it seems about as powerful if not a little more so than our old refurb DC07 (now retired to light duty).

A little "tinny" feeling due to all that plastic, but at least it has the Dyson 5 year warranty. Here's hoping it's as good as its reputation.

Thanks again OP.


is this thing bigger over dc18? ty!


It's much smaller/lighter than any of the other full size DCs I've seen. I haven't compared it directly to the slim model, but I would imagine it's in a similar size ballpark, just thicker. All I know for sure is that the DC25 very easy to handle and much lighter than its big brother. The bagless feature is a huge plus- we briefly tried the Consumer Reports' top-rated Kenmore (Sears) unit with a bag instead of dirt container. The bag filled up within 15 minutes or so of vacuuming, and it was an expensive non-reusable HEPA bag. There's no denying the Kenmore was a monster vacuum, but it was as expensive as this deal, twice the weight, and half the manuverability.

We figure the annual savings in bags alone makes the Dyson worth its retail price; add on the discount for this deal and its a steal.

BTW, perhaps JagsRule is talking about the dead DC15 $199 refurb deal (also a ball-type) here:
(link)

I might be wrong, but newDysons just don't fall that far in price, ever afaict.

I did get it new for $199. Well it was an accommodation thing. That is how I got it at such a low price.

JagsRule said: I did get it new for $199. Well it was an accommodation thing. That is how I got it at such a low price.

accommodation by who? mr. Dyson? of Santa?

JagsRule said: I did get it new for $199. Well it was an accommodation thing. That is how I got it at such a low price.

I don't understand how these kinds of comments are useful to the community at large

paraphrased:["I got a $500 vaccuum for $199, but it was a very unique situation that cannot be replicated. But I wanted you to know anyway...."]

How does that help a thread?

finally went to bbb and Sears took the item to regular price - moral is - don't wait - next time

I'm loving this vaccum. Don't know why I messed around with cheaper imitations for years, when for the extra $100-150 I don't have to worry about anything.

MISURICK said: finally went to bbb and Sears took the item to regular price - moral is - don't wait - next time

I too waited.
Sear's sale price is gone. Anywhere else with a sale on the dc25 that we could price match?

williamsonoma said: MISURICK said: finally went to bbb and Sears took the item to regular price - moral is - don't wait - next time

I too waited.
Sear's sale price is gone. Anywhere else with a sale on the dc25 that we could price match?


got dc15 animal - very happy - heavy sucker - want a dc24 - my wife complaints of the weight - great vac!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014