• filter:
  • 178798081 82
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
zippythechicken said:   Just a note.. tracfone promo codes do not work with android .. even if you buy a 60 minute card on the tracfone website and try to use a promo code it will not work... so don't waste your time looking for them...

Also yes i lost over 1000 minutes because I was 2 days late renewing my phone... that is a lot of 60 minute cards at $20 I lost.. they don't care .. just give up on that too..

In the end tracfone is still the cheapest phone per month even if their per minute might be more
But
Download the free MagicJack app on Play Store and make your calls on WiFi and you can call out for free

RE:
Download the free MagicJack app on Play Store and make your c.alls on WiFi and you can call out for free

I have a Tracfone ZTE wish I knew how to do that

Ask your question at the HoFo Tracfone/Net10 forum:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10

rated:
tracfancier said:   A dumbphone (single bucket) has to have a wipe code entered by you to zero the airtime display. The glitch only works with a transfer to a smartphone. You first see the results when you check your airtime online. You cannot transfer partial minutes. Further more Tracfone now forces you to transfer all the airtime + all the days + the phone number ALL together. When you transfer these three to a smartphone, the smartphone has to deactivate to accept the force transferred phone number. So the airtime and phone number previously on the smartphone are LOST with the smartphone`s de-activation..

I hope I have answered your questions, I am having trouble completely understanding exactly what you are conveying in your post.

The LG is a dumbphone IMO, single bucket anyway, and the Samsung Centura is a smartphone, triple bucket. I'm guessing since I did the transfer over the phone (multiple failed attempts) instead of online the glitch didn't apply.
Losing the existing minutes during a transfer really stinks. Texts are really what she'll need so it also stinks that it's no longer 2 or 3/minute purchased.
Thank you for the info.

rated:
Cannot remember hearing anyone say the glitch did not work for them when using a CSR.
Putting the phones in your Tracfone account and working from there seems to lessen the need for a CSR.

Texting on a smartphone, using the data bucket, is extremely cheap, compared to using the text bucket.
Google voice is an example of cheap texting with data, reached either by App or by URL. But there are other Apps.

I prefer to go to my Google Voice account with my PC, click send a text, type out the text with my PC keyboard and hit send.
Even easier if you are replying to a text.  My eyesight makes using the small smartphones difficult, with a magnifying glass in one hand.

rated:
Well I have a story to tell that is just the opposite of losing minutes. My son gave me a LG L39C smart phone that had just run out of time. So I went on line to see if I could upgrade my LG 306G to this phone and retain my over one year of time and many minutes. After doing a chat on the Tracfone site, it appeared that it could be done OK even though they told me I needed to do it by phone. I made an initial call and thought that I had failed to get registered, since I had a CSR with a heavy accent, and with my hearing problem, we weren't communicating very well. I called back and got a more understandable CSR and proceeded to do the transfer and registration. When finally the minutes and time showed up on my L39C, everything was doubled. I now have over 2 years of time and  all my minutes have also doubled. I have had many Tracfones, upgrading yearly to a better phone and deal, but never had anything like this happen before.

rated:
You could have done the upgrade online from the beginning by choosing: Transfer my number and service from one TracFone to another, but maybe not with the bonus minute results. If your Son still had the phone in his account as it`s owner, that could have presented a problem.

The L39C would have deactivated when the days ran out and any remaining unused minutes would have remained but have been lost 60 days after the deactivation (did your Son leave any remaining minutes when the days ran out???) The transferred service to a smartphone glitch doubled the days, but if remaining minutes did not account for the final minute total, I would say you were the latest winner of the Tracfone Lottery. Every once in a while someone gets an unexpected out of the blue bonus from Tracfone.  Even if you tell Tracfone, they never take the bonus back.

rated:
tracfancier said:   You could have done the upgrade online from the beginning by choosing: Transfer my number and service from one TracFone to another, but maybe not with the bonus minute results. If your Son still had the phone in his account as it`s owner, that could have presented a problem.

The L39C would have deactivated when the days ran out and any remaining unused minutes would have remained but have been lost 60 days after the deactivation (did your Son leave any remaining minutes when the days ran out???) The transferred service to a smartphone glitch doubled the days, but if remaining minutes did not account for the final minute total, I would say you were the latest winner of the Tracfone Lottery. Every once in a while someone gets an unexpected out of the blue bonus from Tracfone.  Even if you tell Tracfone, they never take the bonus back.

The reason I was skeptical about the upgrade of a used phone was that I had only upgraded to new phones in the past and wasn't sure if there would be a problem since it had only been out of  time for a few days. Still not sure why I could use this phone with no more than the serial number required to activate it. I guess I could have found it in the street and used it as long as the time had run out. I think that the first call to Tracfone got the job done and when I called the second time, the CSR didn't note that and added everything. I don't think my son had any minutes of any consequence left on the phone and whatever was there was lost. I do agree that it was an out of the blue bonus and I am a happy camper.

rated:
Somewhere, maybe here I read of this SCD on eBay
$129.99 1200 minutes for one year 5 inch screen
I have for 6 months or so the ZTE Vallet which I never did like, time for a change and a big big screen        

•  

Alcatel OneTouch Icon Pop Smartphone w/ 1200 Minute/Te​xt/Data Included-Tracfone  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcatel-OneTouch-Icon-Pop-Smartphone-w-1...

rated:
You may want to do some reading before choosing the Pop Icon 5" over the U2 4-1/2". Not saying you will not like it, but it has it`s drawbacks.

13 pages of discussion on the Pop Icon vs 113 pages on the U2
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1849569-Bought-the-Al... 

3 pages on the Pop icon vs 9 pages on the U2
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5621550/1/ 

Comparison/review of the Pop Icon / U2 / Moto e (4.3" screen)
http://www.prepaidphoneguy.com/mega-tracfone-review-first-impres... 

rated:
yesidonoitall: Here is more to read
What to do before selling or donating your phone

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-to-do-before-selling-or-donating-y...

rated:
You just got a new Android phone or tablet?  Here is your guide to setting it up correctly.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/getting-started-with-your-new-android... 

rated:

RingTo (206.03kB)
Disclaimer
Own your phone number. Forever.
With ringto, it`s FREE
(appears slightly similar to Google Voice)

Basically, it's a place (rather than a phone) to park a phone number that you want to keep active.
Forward your calls and text to multiple numbers.
Voicemail is included.

So, if you have one or more phone numbers you are paying to keep active, check into this free service.

https://ring.to/home/

MY DENIAL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
As should always be the case, it is your responsibility to thoroughly investigate before using.

rated:
My Onetouch Pop Icon is coming Tuesday
It is replacing the ZTE Vallet which has about 800 minutes good until July of this year
Do I transfer it to the Pop Icon first then add the 400 minute which will be good for 1200 and 1 year refill to the new phone?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   My Onetouch Pop Icon is coming Tuesday
It is replacing the ZTE Vallet which has about 800 minutes good until July of this year
Do I transfer it to the Pop Icon first then add the 400 minute which will be good for 1200 and 1 year refill to the new phone?

The glitch ONLY doubles days during an airtime TRANSFER to a smartphone, it has no effect on added airtime.
If you want twice the days then you must add the bundled 400M/365D to the Valet and then transfer it`s airtime/phone number to activate the Pop Icon.

I again advise you have both phones in a Tracfone online account and do all transactions from that account page.
It is simpler and your best insurance against having to call CS, but with Tracfone nothing is a guarantee.

Pop Icon Tutorials and user guide:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/searchresults.seam?d... 

rated:
Re: The glitch...In the past Tracfone has been draconian in their treatment of customers who have taken advantage of past glitches. 

I have a 200 minute 90 day airtime card, and a TMFL old dumb phone.  I have an LG Ultimate 2 smartphone ordered.  My quandary, is it worth
risking their possible retribution for 90 added service days, and the added (perhaps 60 minutes?) bonus code minutes that putting the airtime card on
the old phone could yield prior to the transfer???

My gut feel, is that it is not worth the risk.

rated:
pennsatuckian said:   Re: The glitch...In the past Tracfone has been draconian in their treatment of customers who have taken advantage of past glitches. 

I have a 200 minute 90 day airtime card, and a TMFL old dumb phone.  I have an LG Ultimate 2 smartphone ordered.  My quandary, is it worth
risking their possible retribution for 90 added service days, and the added (perhaps 60 minutes?) bonus code minutes that putting the airtime card on

I forgot about the 1 year 400 minute card I will be getting with the LGU2!  Hmmm.  Now you are talking about an additional 200 to 300 bonus minutes AND an additional year of
connect time...Hmmm.

rated:
This Tracfone glitch has been continuously in effect way back since the introduction of the Androids and then also included all smartphones using the BYOP program. So in normal Tracfone usage you take advantage of the glitch. During all this time, no one has reported a single crackdown by Tracfone over the glitch.

You are correct in assuming that the Tracfone fraud department might see some transactions as taking advantage of the glitch and they mostly do not care to accept your reason for innocence.

But who would not add the bundled Android airtime to their dumbphone, where you would be able to use a promo code for the very last time? Tracfone has never conveyed it is against their T&C to use bundled airtime on a different phone.

BUT WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS MY ATTEMPT TO TALK ANYONE INTO TAKING A RISK THEY WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY COMFORTABLE TAKING. I HAVE NEVER CONSIDER MYSELF THAT PERSUASIVE ANYWAY.

rated:
pennsatuckian said:   
pennsatuckian said:   Re: The glitch...In the past Tracfone has been draconian in their treatment of customers who have taken advantage of past glitches. 

I forgot about the 1 year 400 minute card I will be getting with the LGU2!  Hmmm.  Now you are talking about an additional 200 to 300 bonus minutes AND an additional year of
connect time...Hmmm.

88542 - 300 free minutes when used with a 1 Year card. (may end 01/31/15) (Worked: 01/05/15 - Lisme)
79679 - 60 free minutes when used with a 120 minute card or higher (200 minute card). (may end 01/31/15) (Worked: 01/09/15 - griftermagi)

rated:
Can someone please direct me to this glitch?? Thank You

rated:
ubergmannix said:   Can someone please direct me to this glitch?? Thank You
  Look for my PM.

rated:
Re Secure Digital Card for the LG Ultimate 2 (L41C).  Can anyone confirm that the max size is 32GB?  Also, I believe there is a "Class Specification" with Ten being the highest, and I wonder if there is any advantage for the LG Ultimate 2 with a class 10 versus a lower/cheaper class spec?  Also, is there a need to get the max size, or for that matter any SD card at all?

rated:
pennsatuckian said:   Re Secure Digital Card for the LG Ultimate 2 (L41C).  Can anyone confirm that the max size is 32GB?  Also, I believe there is a "Class Specification" with Ten being the highest, and I wonder if there is any advantage for the LG Ultimate 2 with a class 10 versus a lower/cheaper class spec?  Also, is there a need to get the max size, or for that matter any SD card at all?
32GB is the normal max.  Class 10 is a good choice.  48MB/s is premium, although they go up to 90MB/s.
Here is an example of what you should be looking for and a good price to pay (Samsung is also a premium brand)..
SanDisk 32GB Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 Memory Card, U1, 48MB/s. with SD card adapter - $12.95
Buy only from a reputable dealer or you will end up with a counterfeit card, marked 32GB but actually more like a poor quality 8GB.  You may not need 32GB, depends on what you want to download to the phone, Apps, music, videos, photos, maps for navigation, etc.
I actually have little experience on this product, so you may want to do some reading on your own to learn the pit falls, here is one thread containing info midway in.:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1852972-Ultimate-2-fo... 

If you want to look at other threads pertaining the the U2, here is the whole forum:
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10 

rated:
Here is a post at Turk Forums pertaining to the SD card:

Would like to mention something that often is overlooked. I just bought a new 16Gb Micro SD card at WalMart this afternoon. 48 Mb/s transfer speed class 10. So many of the micro SD cards are Class 4 which are really pretty slow. I store some pictures, audio and more importantly video (like MP4) files on the SD card so that it takes up room there and not on the phone. USE the fastest SD card you can find.

I think so many times someone has issues with their phone or other Android device playing movies and they are reading them from the SD card that they bought and put in there that is only a Class (4) for speed. Not all SD cards are created equal and if you have the occasional MP3 or such you might be ok with the Class 4 card, but I use a 32GB Class 10 Ultra in my Nikon camer and I can see an issue if you use video, etc with your Tracfone LG Fuel if you are using cheaper and slower micro SD cards.

rated:
Some capabilities of the Fuel that are not documented (the U2 is the big brother to the Fuel, so these may apply)

1) Holding an icon down momentarily allows you to enlarge that icon and/or change its look.
2) Drag an icon on top of another icon and it will give you the option to create a folder to place additional icons in
    the folder.
3) You can also do the same with the icons on the bottom of the screen.
4) The folder option does not work for "widget" icons.
5) Touch a blank space on any home screen to minimize that home screen and bring up the apps screen at the bottom

rated:
tracfancier said:   

BUT WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS MY ATTEMPT TO TALK ANYONE INTO TAKING A RISK THEY WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY COMFORTABLE TAKING. I HAVE NEVER CONSIDER MYSELF THAT PERSUASIVE ANYWAY.

You should not be so modest. Many of us consider you "the go to guy" when it comes to Tracfone questions. Keep up the good work !!!

rated:
Price increase notice for ShopCellDeals!!!
I have been recommending the U2 bundle over its little brother the Fuel bundle because of only a $30 price difference. The U2 finally went off Holiday sale pricing yesterday, there is now a $50 difference.  There are still some Holiday priced items.

I recommend these bundles because of the days doubling (a glitch or an ongoing gift ???)
U2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Ultimate-2-LG-L41C-Smartphone-1200-Mi... 

Fuel
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Optimus-Fuel-L34C-Smartphone-1200-Min... 

There are two other bundles for your consideration:

Moto e (this phone has excellent picture and sound, but has been mostly overlooked)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Moto-E-Android-Smartphone-w-120... 

Pop Icon (the screen size winner)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcatel-OneTouch-Icon-Pop-Smartphone-w-1... 

I may recommend, but you should decide yourself.
So let`s hear your experience with your choice.

rated:
The days doubling glitch has been in effect now since the introduction of the Tracfone Androids on 9/19/13 and also applied to the BYOP smartphone program when it was introduced. Tracfone has shown they know how to fix glitches, and fairly quickly. So maybe we should be calling it a Gift.

rated:
tracfancier said:   
pennsatuckian said:   

connect time...Hmmm.

88542 - 300 free minutes when used with a 1 Year card. (may end 01/31/15) (Worked: 01/05/15 - Lisme)
79679 - 60 free minutes when used with a 120 minute card or higher (200 minute card). (may end 01/31/15) (Worked: 01/09/15 - griftermagi)

88542 Worked like a charm!
79679       "         "    "     "!
"Glitch       "         "    "     "!

Tracfancier, U DA MAN!!!  Thanks a MILLION!!

rated:
HSN has the Tracfoen Android LG Fuel 400M/365D accessory bundle reduced to $89.99.
This is the little screened compact brother to the LG Ultimate 2
Free shipping and several accessories thrown in (you do pay tax).
SCD is $10 higher for a more spartan bundle (but no tax)

http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-optimus-fuel-tracfone-w1200-minut...

rated:
Three new Tracfones have shown up on the Tracfone Tutorials page.
LG 237C  - flip phone
Samsung Stardust S766C (Android) Similar to the S765 Ace style that never went on sale
Alcatel A206G - flip phone

The Samsung Android seems to be a step down from what is currently available.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 178798081 82
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015