• filter:
  • 1114115116117 118
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
FRIEND1 is working again, but last I tried Tracfone will not let you stack codes.

rated:
Looks like Tracfone has pulled the plug on HSN, QVC, Ervine, etc.
They are showing little or no Tracfone product. It appears very soon there will be ZERO stock.
Possibly they are moving from Simple Mobile to another middleman to handle the work of supplying them.

rated:
Someone on another Forum received this reply from HSN

I am so sorry we don't currently have tracfones in stock, I can assure you, they were eagerly sought after and very popular. We are unsure if or when these will be back in our inventory, but a good way to keep an eye out for them is by searching HSN.com by description. I'm sorry I do not have more information at this time, but I hope this information was helpful. We look forward to serving you in the future.

rated:
HSN has some all new Tracfone bundles
Two never before seen Samsung phone models that you will not believe the pricing.

http://www.hsn.com/shop/tracfone-electronics/ec-13477?rid=3348&q...

rated:
I dont believe because they're so high,or......?Dunno how good those sammies are but the flip can be had for 5 bucks almost any where..

rated:
High price of the Samsungs.
They can be had cheaper elsewhere (without any airtime)
Tracfone has a bad habit of specking them stripped down, on the cheap, with less features than their name sake.

I only think of HSN and such for the bundles. If I have airtime, I look elsewhere rather than thinking upgrade.
Most of the Tracfone Forum discussions are on BYOP. But BYOP has a degree of complexity some will want to avoid.

rated:
I  have to disagree with you here ,Tracfancier. I dot really consider myself a techie,but a lot of what I have learned is from forums like this,HOFO, and The Turk. A bit of experimentation helps,but nine times out of ten someone on a forum has an answer to your problem.Most of the BYOPers seem like tinkerers to me,kinda playing around with as well as using phones as they are intended to be used. The best thing I have found about BYOP is the ease of swapping or upgrading to a different phone and the ability to backtrack to an earlier model if you want/needto. Sort of a hobby,I guess....

rated:
Maybe I put together a confusingly worded post, because I fail to see anywhere we disagree.

rated:
I have a ZTE Valet that flakes out on the Dialer
when I call someone the screen goes black
the other day it wouldn't even come back and I couldn't shutdown the phone
until I plugged it into my computer with a usb cable
and that seemed to wake it up

So I would like to get a new phone for my TracFone because
I recently got an online deal and updated for a years service

my service area seems to be

COGSM5 Market = CDMA & TMobile

Does this mean I can buy any TMobile or CDMA phone and bring it to TracFone?

Is there any special process for this
or can I just buy a prepaid phone and not activate it
and bring it to Tracfone and keep my account and rolled minutes?

or does it need to be unlocked?

rated:
Zippy,depending on how long you have had it and where you bought it,you may be eligible for a refund,or replacement.If that is the case,come back here and ask about the procedure to do it.
Otherwise you can now purchase :A-tracfone(smart fone is your best bet)
                                                    B-about any mid to high end phone and activate it on Tracfones BYOP program
                                                      C- I'm sure there is another option but slips my mind at the moment....someone will chime in here and supply that option,I'm sure.
There are a couple of more things to fill in some blanks if you go wih B , but ,again,come back here and just ask.

BTWyou know,I assume,all your time data and minutes you have purchased can be transferred to a new phone.

rated:
Zippy:  BYOP is mainly AT&T or Verizon.  So you'd want to get a phone for whichever provider is better for you, and then a BYOP SIM.  From what I was told in regards to the AT&T GoPhone I bought Black Friday, I didn't even need to get an unlock code for it. I've still not activated mine.  I also believe on BF folks were picking up the VerizonPP Moto E for BYOP.  Others will confirm.  Have you considered doing a factory data reset on the ZTE?  If you have a spare smartphone you can transfer service to, just in case, I'd consider it.  Sometimes an OS becomes braindead and needs to be wiped clean.....unless you just wanna get a new phone.

rated:
zippythechicken said:   I have a ZTE Valet that flakes out on the Dialer
when I call someone the screen goes black
the other day it wouldn't even come back and I couldn't shutdown the phone
until I plugged it into my computer with a usb cable
and that seemed to wake it up

These are all signs of a broken phone.
Same thing happened with my HTC One and Kyocera phone after many years of use and only way I could make it work for Kyocera is to take out the battery and reinsert it but HTC One has an internal battery.
You need a new phone.

rated:
NEVER count on Tracfone knowing what service provider works in your area. It is up to you to determine the best provider(s) for your area. I am also in the COGSM5 market. I cannot get a T-Mobile signal in my home or yard and I am one mile from the largest High School in my City. I drive around and have a signal 50% of the time.

Tracfone is not using T-Mobile with Smartphones, yet. There was talk about it becoming available with Tracfone BYOP, but no information has surfaced since.

Unlocking allows the phone to be used with another GSM or another CDMA service provider. But why would a provider pay extra to have a competitors radios included in their phone? You MUST verify how it will work with another providers service.

Simplify your life by purchasing either an AT&T or Verizon branded phone. Second choice would be an unbranded phone from the manufacturer specifically for AT&T or Verizon use. Unbranded puts the Burden entirely on you of researching and choosing correctly.

Without the phones correct S/N form ahead of purchasing, you cannot verify the phone will be accepted by Tracfone for activation. Thus you would need a guaranteed return for refund. Verizon 3G prepaid phones will not be accepted without being under contract for 6 Months. Verizon prepaid 4G/LTE does not have that restriction. AT&T seems to have NO restrictions.

Branded phones tend to be set up to activate with the providers own service. When the phone Company almost gives them away and you then use them with a MVNO, the provider may lose money. I would not be surprised if this MVNO activation loophole is not closed soon. Or they force you to commit in some way to their airtime.

You can also SIM swap, Verizon 4G/LTE and any AT&T.  The phones must take the same sized SIM or an adapter is required.  Then you register a phone with Tracfone BYOP it becomes Branded and will not be accepted with any Tracfone sister company. 

Since I am giving the bare minimum of details, once you narrow down your choices, before committing with a cash outlay, ask more questions.  BYOP is very much DIY.

rated:
Tracfancier: have a quick question that maybe you can help me with. I bought two LG 306G with 3x minutes last year, put a 1 year card on each. Still have a ton of minutes on both but only a couple weeks left. From reading these posts i guess the best thing to do is go on the website do a minimal airtime buy and "Supersize" it at checkout. i assume thats correct. My real question is I want to give one of the phones away to a friend. They are fine keeping the existing phone number so as to not lose the minutes, but how do i get them off my account and on to their own ( they don't currently have a tracfone account)?

rated:
Throwing this out there for the newbies....read all the way through.some good info here.Got it in an email from tracfone.

http://tracfonewireless.com/byop/

rated:
Larryslug said:   Zippy:  BYOP is mainly AT&T or Verizon.  So you'd want to get a phone for whichever provider is better for you, and then a BYOP SIM.  From what I was told in regards to the AT&T GoPhone I bought Black Friday, I didn't even need to get an unlock code for it. I've still not activated mine.  I also believe on BF folks were picking up the VerizonPP Moto E for BYOP.  Others will confirm.  Have you considered doing a factory data reset on the ZTE?  If you have a spare smartphone you can transfer service to, just in case, I'd consider it.  Sometimes an OS becomes braindead and needs to be wiped clean.....unless you just wanna get a new phone.

Yeah thanks guys I bought the phone like the night they released it because the old phones were Java based not Android so it cost me $90... the thing about it is .. it is smaller and fits in my front pocket pretty good the newer phones are mainly larger.. I wish it worked well .. I looked into a firmware update .. you have to download them from ZTE and copy to the SD Card.. I don't do much with it like installing and removing apps all the time .. maybe I will need to factory reset.. don't feel good about that either but it might help..

I would rather pay $40 for a 5.1 android that is a better phone

Right now i have a new phone on ringplus and it works ok but coverage is flakey so i still have the tracfone .. I live in a semi-rural area and need good coverage for family reasons...

Maybe I will see if i can find testimonials about people that performed the BYOD to find an exact phone

but this thing is worth $9 now and if i traded it in i lose about 2000 mins data .. and I have a year update I just did for $49 so .. rather not lose those minutes

rated:
16GB iPhone5 unlocked GSM $220 !!
http://electronics.woot.com/?ref=w_ft_tn_el_

If this link doesntb work,go to WOOT and scroll to the bottom

rated:
16GB iPhone5 unlocked GSM $220 !!
http://electronics.woot.com/?ref=w_ft_tn_el_

If this link doesntb work,go to WOOT and scroll to the bottom

rated:
freakinout said:   Tracfancier: have a quick question that maybe you can help me with. I bought two LG 306G with 3x minutes last year, put a 1 year card on each. Still have a ton of minutes on both but only a couple weeks left. From reading these posts i guess the best thing to do is go on the website do a minimal airtime buy and "Supersize" it at checkout. i assume thats correct. My real question is I want to give one of the phones away to a friend. They are fine keeping the existing phone number so as to not lose the minutes, but how do i get them off my account and on to their own ( they don't currently have a tracfone account)?
The 365 day supersize is the easiest way to go.  Reports are it is sometimes offered with the text or data or smartphone airtime purchases..  If you do not see it offered, leave and try again.  Also reports of the 365D not being added.  Contacting CS (chat) gets it added with minimal hassle.

Make sure the phone is not the Account owner (look in - update personal profile) or you cannot remove it..  Make a copy, with S/N showing, and then delete the phone.
You could help your friend set up his account and add the phone to it.

rated:
zippythechicken said:   
Larryslug said:   Zippy:  BYOP is mainly AT&T or Verizon.  So you'd want to get a phone for whichever provider is better for you, and then a BYOP SIM.  From what I was told in regards to the AT&T GoPhone I bought Black Friday, I didn't even need to get an unlock code for it. I've still not activated mine.  I also believe on BF folks were picking up the VerizonPP Moto E for BYOP.  Others will confirm.  Have you considered doing a factory data reset on the ZTE?  If you have a spare smartphone you can transfer service to, just in case, I'd consider it.  Sometimes an OS becomes braindead and needs to be wiped clean.....unless you just wanna get a new phone.

Yeah thanks guys I bought the phone like the night they released it because the old phones were Java based not Android so it cost me $90... the thing about it is .. it is smaller and fits in my front pocket pretty good the newer phones are mainly larger.. I wish it worked well .. I looked into a firmware update .. you have to download them from ZTE and copy to the SD Card.. I don't do much with it like installing and removing apps all the time .. maybe I will need to factory reset.. don't feel good about that either but it might help..

Right now i have a new phone on ringplus and it works ok but coverage is flakey so i still have the tracfone .. I live in a semi-rural area and need good coverage for family reasons...

Maybe I will see if i can find testimonials about people that performed the BYOD to find an exact phone

but this thing is worth $9 now and if i traded it in i lose about 2000 mins data .. and I have a year update I just did for $49 so .. rather not lose those minutes

The Valet is a large phone even with its smaller screen size. 
Ringplus uses spotty Sprint service.
The only decent cheap Tracfone is still the Fuel android 4.4.4  (my opinion, other`s opinions may differ)
You can transfer your service from the Valet to activate a Tracfone BYOP.

Here is a good site for help with what model to buy for BYOP.
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10?... 

rated:
I was just looking, and the refurb  LG Power is $49.99 so with 12.5% ca$hback it takes $6 off.  4.5" screen with  Lollipop OS.  It might be awhile before we ever see the Fuel refurb come back.  You could even bundle with airtime card for additional CB to bring the price down some more.  Nice quick payout too

rated:
tracfancier said:   
zippythechicken said:   

The only decent cheap Tracfone is still the Fuel android 4.4.4

Hi tracfancier.
I read on HoFo that it is best to activate the new BYOP phone (make sure it works for few days) and then transfer your old phone number+balance+service days.
What do you think about it?
Or is there another thread I should be reading instead?

rated:
TRACFONE - Bring Your Own Phone Mini Activation Kit
Currently on sale for $1.00 at Best Buy 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-bring-your-own-phone-mini-activation-kit/4596900.p 

rated:
pokeineye said:   TRACFONE - Bring Your Own Phone Mini Activation Kit

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-bring-your-own-phone-mini-activation-kit/4596900.p

Shipping is about $3. Still a great deal.
What's the difference between this and the "Red" one?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
tracfancier said:   
zippythechicken said:   

The only decent cheap Tracfone is still the Fuel android 4.4.4

Hi tracfancier.
I read on HoFo that it is best to activate the new BYOP phone (make sure it works for few days) and then transfer your old phone number+balance+service days.
What do you think about it?
Or is there another thread I should be reading instead

I consider a test activation only necessary to pre check the functionality of a used phone.
I have never had a problem bypassing this test strategy  You may prefer not to risk skipping it even on a new phone.
This test means the remaining buckets & days will be lost when porting your service to it.  If  a SIM was used, you will need another.  The NAC is claimed good for two uses.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

Shipping is about $3. Still a great deal.
What's the difference between this and the "Red" one?

Different part number from the $1 dollar store kit.  The content description seems to be the same.  I do not understand all these part numbers.  I recommend you buy a complete kit, not the packaging of some part of the complete kit`s contents.   

rated:

For purposes of clarification, the contents of the kit I purchased at Best Buy included the following:

- GSM / GSM LTE Compatible:
          - AT&T Dual SIM Card (standard and micro)
          - AT&T Nano SIM Card
     - CDMA / CDMA LTE Compatible:
          - Network Access Code
          - CDMA LTE Dual SIM Card (standard and micro)
          - CDMA LTE Nano SIM Card

rated:
It appears the kits are one and the same from the contents list....you can pick up at BB b&m for a buck,get at least two,but dont strip the rack like some do (me).Definitely run the test,takes 5 minutes and you dont have to start over if you hit a jam.DONT read all those HOFO posts,verbatim,they'll confuse you to no end. Take a stab at it freehand and if you get stymied,come back here.There is usually someone lurking here 24/7 to help out.Good Luck

rated:
I just finished the activating  of my HSN POP Icon by transferring service from a Optimus Dynamic II,   Everything went just like it was supposed to go, especially when utilizing the online Tracfone account management. Within just a few minutes I made a test call and after that I went to the Simply Wireless site to add the airtime PIN, which was not like when my Ma ordered an HSN bundle.  There was no PIN number;  first I went to a page where I entered my order number and billing zip.  Next I was redirected to a page where  I only had to enter my phone number, and click on a box to add the 1350 units to each bucket, and additional year of service.  So it's very possible the airtime pin truly is tied to the meid.  Within a minute after adding the PIN I got the text message letting me know my balance.

rated:
Here Is some current info about the old and the new bundles:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1878998-New-Activatio... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1114115116117 118
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016