• filter:
  • 194959697 98
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
tracfancier said:   As I posted above on May 7.
Tracfone sent out a "Mothers day" special email. It offers $20 off any phone or phone/airtime bundle purchase from their website costing at least $89. You enter promo code TFMRET20OFF which the email says is good until the end of May.

I ordered a reconditioned LG Optimus Dynamic II  and 200 minute card bundle a few days ago and got it today.  I would have definitely ordered the 450 minute card bundle for another $20 by using the Mother's Day
special.  I was quite happy and surprised to find that a 4GB microSD was also included with the phone.  It looks like it will be a nice upgrade from the Samsung Galaxy Centura I got on Black Friday for free.  
I know paying $9.99 for my Optimus II it is not as nice as getting the LG Fuel for free in an airtime bundle, but that deal is gone for now.  The advantage to buying these bundles is getting free shipping and FWcash-back

rated:
shopcelldeals have the 200 minute refill PIN for $31.99 here.  

rated:
Unlimited Carryover® of unused talk, text and data that never expires* *service must be active and in use within each six month period. This has been added to offerings on TF web page. Does this apply to never activated phones,as well?

rated:
Larryslug said:   shopcelldeals have the 200 minute refill PIN for $31.99 here.  
  Dead? Why is there no "buy it now" or "add to cart" buttons?

rated:
foxhopper said:   

It is a classified ad so you need to scroll down a bit and click on any of the the "buy now" logos in the description

rated:
A year or so ago, scd had the Tracfone ex431 with the 200 minute refill for $19.99 delivered
That was nice
Then it went to $29.99
then later met its demise

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   A year or so ago, scd had the Tracfone ex431 with the 200 minute refill for $19.99 delivered
That was nice
Then it went to $29.99
then later met its demise

I should have bought more, I did not predict using so many minutes.

rated:
Larryslug said:   
foxhopper said:   

It is a classified ad so you need to scroll down a bit and click on any of the the "buy now" logos in the description

Oops....Yep, I feel stupid...

rated:
Tracfone site has two junk Androids for free.
Go through FW (12%), select one of the two, select the one year card
Use code TFMRET20OFF when checking out for $20 off the $100.
Final cost approx. $70 + tax. Do what you like with the Android - a good temp. backup spare.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action...

rated:
Tracfancier, would the battery in the Dynamic fit the Fuel or dynamicII ? That alone would be worth the bother....methinks.

rated:
ubergmannix said:   Tracfancier, would the battery in the Dynamic fit the Fuel or dynamicII ? That alone would be worth the bother....methinks.
In the past  I have had no luck getting people to contribute to threads started listing battery part numbers for Tracfone models. 
I have had neither the Dynamic or the Dynamic II models.  Hopefully someone else will post these model numbers
Fuel battery is  BL-44JH (1700 mAh)
306G battery is  BL-44JN (1540 mAh)
840G battery is  BL-40MN (1000 mAh)

I will fill in below when confirmed by two people:
Dynamic
Dynamic II battery is BL-44JH (1700mAh)

rated:
The main reason I mention keeping a spare Smartphone:
Your smartphone is stolen. You can quickly transfer everything to the spare before the thief uses or transfers it. You cannot transfer from a smartphone to a dumbphone.

rated:
The Dynamic & Dynamic II take the same battery as the LG Fuel battery - BL-44JH (1700 mAh)

rated:
tjones262 said:   The Dynamic & Dynamic II take the same battery as the LG Fuel battery - BL-44JH (1700 mAh)
  Buy it for battery only but might be a problem later as tracfone doesn't like you buying phone without activating.

rated:
I usually buy phones two at a time , mainly to have a spare battery,but also to transfer from one phone to anothr. Idid however take advantage of the "free" lg34 and the lg39 from TF last month.Glad I did as I got to check out two different phones that ,icidently share the same battery type. I have to say the LG34C Optimus Fuel leaves the LG39C Optimus Dynamic (II?) in the dust!IMHO

rated:
I liked Tracfone when I used it ( I needed it for my door code), however, their website for adding minutes was a struggle. Customer service is also tough. I let my minutes expire, and the phone, and it was beyond difficult to get to a person. I needed a San Diego phone number instead of a San Francisco one.

Therefore, any deals offered on Tracfone is highly appreciated - anything to make their service easier. I like to post codes for them as well because I want people to have a smoother, better experience than I did.

Thanks for the codes.

rated:
jeanzakhar said:   I liked Tracfone when I used it ( I needed it for my door code), however, their website for adding minutes was a struggle. Customer service is also tough. I let my minutes expire, and the phone, and it was beyond difficult to get to a person. I needed a San Diego phone number instead of a San Francisco one.

Therefore, any deals offered on Tracfone is highly appreciated - anything to make their service easier. I like to post codes for them as well because I want people to have a smoother, better experience than I did.

Thanks for the codes.

You can change the number from your account on line. no help needed
Minutes also add easily once you have the refill, no help needed either

rated:
HSN - Today's Special Presale

Tracfone
ALCATEL ONETOUCH Pop Icon 5" No-Contract Android Smartphone with 1200 Minutes, Texts and Data, One-Year Card, Upgrade Bonus
$99.95
or 4 FlexPays of $24.99
FREE SHIPPING

http://www.hsn.com/products/alcatel-pop-icon-5-android-tracfone-...

rated:
HSN deal is still in effect (but no longer as a presale).
SALE ENDS AT MIDNIGHT SATURDAY, 5/23

Someone purchased this bundle a couple of weeks ago at $130 says: "the minutes are definitely tied to the phone".

HSN and QVC change their procedures every so often. Does anyone have current experience on how HSN Promotional airtime is applied? Were you able to successfully put it on a dumbphone (using a promo code) and then transfer/activate the bundled phone?
What problems did you have to overcome.

rated:
Android M will launch this year, says Google exec
http://www.phonedog.com/2015/05/26/android-m-will-launch-year-sa... 

5/28 UPDATE
Google officially introduced Android M, the next version of its mobile operating system, at its annual I/O conference
in San Francisco on Thursday [May 28, 2015] ...
http://www.cnet.com/products/google-android-m/

rated:
Best place to buy one year of minutes for my LG L34C (optimus fuel) Tracfone smart phone? Thanks Paul

rated:
cwradio said:   Best place to buy one year of minutes for my LG L34C (optimus fuel) Tracfone smart phone? Thanks Paul
  eBay shopcelldeals

Buy a phone that comes with one then sell the phone
it will net cost you about $40

or the refill only for about $88

rated:
cwradio said:   Best place to buy one year of minutes for my LG L34C (optimus fuel) Tracfone smart phone? Thanks Paul
  See my post above of May. 18, 2015 @ 2:01p
The offer expires end of May. 

ALSO SEE MY 5/28 POST BELOW.

rated:
Another forum poster mentioned this e-bay seller as having a 100% rating with 999 feedbacks.
Still I must say: proceed at your own risk.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/appletvdrive/m.html?item=221547780788&ha...

rated:
In case you did not see this.
Free $10 Google play gift card with purchase of $9.99 Tracfone Optimus Fuel and other select phones- B&M @ Kroger
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1444339/

rated:
LG Fuel free with airtime purchase is back again

Enter through FW for 12% CashBack
See my post above for the $20 discount code (when purchasing the free Fuel + one year card).

rated:
I bought one of the LG Ultimate II phones with the 400 minute card. My current service is T-Mobile pre-pay.

I am still not clear about the sequence of things RE porting a phone #. AS a pre-paid customer, T-Mobile doesn't know most of the things Tracfone is looking for on their number port webpage. Can I still port the #?

RE adding minutes and porting a phone #, if I add the minutes card AND THEN port my phone # from T-Mobile, do I lose the minutes I added from the card?

rated:
Free fuel order.... I tried twice to place an order, but was denied both times because of a "credit card error" (??). Methinks perhaps I have too many unactivated phones is the real reason....

rated:
Sorry Tracfancier...didnt mean to steal your thunder...must pay closer attn to previous posts....

rated:
ubergmannix said:   Free fuel order.... I tried twice to place an order, but was denied both times because of a "credit card error" (??). Methinks perhaps I have too many unactivated phones is the real reason....
  Thats what I get when I try to buy from any of the Tracfone companies.....

I have tried various ways to hide who I am but no go,
this all stems from years ago when
Net10 had a refurb for something like $23 shipped, back then all of their phones came with 300 minutes for 60 days, even the refurbs
also included was the 300 minute refill card
I hit them hard for these several dozen
Sold the refills and netted the $23 so poor me was left with 4 years of free cell serivce

ALso, I know they hit the card and got authorization, but they still say
credit card error
just after I buy so no new orders for me
Same thing if I do a phone in order

rated:
Tracfone seems to prefer indicating "credit card error", rather than giving the real reason for denying you the ability to make a purchase. It defers the blame from Tracfone onto the credit card company. Just another example of how secretive and deceptive Tracfone operates.

rated:
OneStepAhead said:   I bought one of the LG Ultimate II phones with the 400 minute card. My current service is T-Mobile pre-pay.

I am still not clear about the sequence of things RE porting a phone #. AS a pre-paid customer, T-Mobile doesn't know most of the things Tracfone is looking for on their number port webpage. Can I still port the #?

RE adding minutes and porting a phone #, if I add the minutes card AND THEN port my phone # from T-Mobile, do I lose the minutes I added from the card?

You need to contact T-Mobile to find out what information they require to release a number.  When T-Mobile receives a port out request they want to make sure someone other than you isn`t stealing the number.  Tracfone needs to know what information to give T-Mobile so they will release your number. 

You will need airtime to activate a Tracfone smartphone.  If you activate with a Tracfone provided phone number and later port your number from T-Mobile you will lose the airtime remaining on the U2.  A CSR can prevent this, but there are very few who know how to do it.  I strongly advise you not to trust their CS department with this.  Even testing the service with a throw away phone number will end up complicated because a CSR will be required unless you let the days of service run out to de-activate the phone.  Transferring to an active phone always requires a CSR. 

If you still do not understand ask more questions.  Or state how you understand the procedure, and we can correct you if necessary.

rated:
They track cards and shipping addresses. I don't know the exact numbers but when you reach a threshold they will blacklist you and this is well known. You need a lot of "friends" if you will, or some other creative ideas, to get around this.

I don't think it really affects most of us, only the flippers and resalers for the most part

rated:
tracfancier said:   LG Fuel free with airtime purchase is back again

Enter through FW for 12% CashBack
See my post above for the $20 discount code (when purchasing the free Fuel + one year card).

in for one  for $75 in about a week or so when the FatCash kicks in

rated:
In a new development, Google Maps goes offline, complete with turn-by-turn directions. The service previously required users to be connected to the Web in order to take advantage of its features.
That will be changing later this year.

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-maps-goes-offline-complete-with-...

rated:
Two new phones added today on the Tracfone website:
CDMA/Verizon - LG 237c
GSM/AT&T and T-Mobile - Alcatel a383g

rated:
Tracfone has put the TEXT ONLY CARDS back on their website today.

copy and paste the direct link or
go to TracFone.com > click on airtime > pay as you go > scroll to bottom of the list.

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=true&app=TRACFONE&lang=en

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 194959697 98
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015