• filter:
  • 1102103104105 106
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Expected to arrive in late 2015, the latest update to Android promises great new features and enhancements.
6 reasons to get excited for Android 6.0 Marshmallow

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/6-reasons-to-get-excited-for-androi... 

rated:
Does the use of a CSR negate the possibility of the dumbphone to smartphone days glitch from working?
I'm pretty sure if I just try the using the online menus first it will just crash.
So if I just start the transfer using a CSR to begin with, do I still have a chance for the glitch to work?

rated:
tjones262 said:   Does the use of a CSR negate the possibility of the dumbphone to smartphone days glitch from working?
I'm pretty sure if I just try the using the online menus first it will just crash.
So if I just start the transfer using a CSR to begin with, do I still have a chance for the glitch to work?

No, using a CSR seems to be a good producer of the glitch these days, but mainly when they move things to fix problems
Still recommend you work from your online account or by chat.

rated:
Not really a better choice than QVC, but SCD is now selling the 5.5" Quartz.

http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals/_i.html?_nkw=tracfone+quart...

rated:
BYOP

Verizon will help you activate select unlocked phones on its network
big red carrier is allowing select non-Verizon phones onto its network

http://www.phonedog.com/2015/08/25/verizon-will-help-you-activat... 

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/08/verizon-opens-door-to-no...

rated:
I did the dumbphone to BYOP SIM swap and things didn't go well. Doing it online worked, but the minutes disappeared in the swap. Tried to find online chat and, apparently, it is only on Facebook(!). I was told by them since the old phone now shows no minutes she couldn't add anything and I was out of luck. She gave me a number to call and, after a bit, the phone rep found the lost minutes. However, the 810 minutes that was coming over from the Big Easy I had purchased didn't expand to 1200/1200/1.2GB like I was expecting. It stayed the same. As did the service date. I was told transfers from dumbphone to smartphone don't increase, only additional purchases. So I bombed out on both favorable glitches. The phone rep seemed pretty efficient, so maybe that is why the glitches didn't happen.

rated:
810 on a single bucket dumbphone gives/adds 810 talk/810 text/810 MB data on a smartphone/BYOP. The year of service should have transferred and added at least that one year to the smartphone. The transfer from dumbphone to smartphone only gives the second half of the TMFL-bucket triple. You got the equivalent of DMFL - bucket triple.

Parameters 0 and 30 are the code for the minutes on a DUMBPHONE. Always record them ahead or when the system asks for them during the transfer. (It is possible these parameters did not change during the transfer - they will if a CSR has you enter the airtime wipe code) Do a screenshot of the current three bucket airtime report on a Smartphone just before the transfer.

As you can see, not every CSR on chat is competent.

rated:
I activated the dumbphone on 8-19-15 with 810 minutes. And after I transferred or, more accurately, had the phone rep correct the missing minutes, that is what I have now (except the texts and data addition). I'm assuming that is how it was suppose to go. But after reading on here and HF of minutes being increased on doing a switch I figured at least that would happen. I assumed the extra year would be just a fluke, but was hoping to replicate at least a portion of scanchain's 1600/1600/1.6GB two years of service deal. Oh well.

Just out of curiosity, how do people have accounts that have service years out to 2018 and so on? Is it mainly errors that increase the time, or are people having to buy new 365-day cards more than once a year? I would think buying these cards faster than you can use them (time-wise) would eliminate the potential cost advantage of Tracfone.

rated:
I would not count on Tracfone glitches when spending money on Tracfone. Expiration dates out to 2018 or beyond are mostly due to the glitch. But it could come from adding a lot of airtime if they got the airtime at a big discount, or purchased the bundles and re-sold the phones. Otherwise Tracfone airtime costs would not make sense for a heavy airtime user.

rated:
tracfancier said:   I would not count on Tracfone glitches when spending money on Tracfone. Expiration dates out to 2018 or beyond are mostly due to the glitch. But it could come from adding a lot of airtime if they got the airtime at a big discount, or purchased the bundles and re-sold the phones. Otherwise Tracfone airtime costs would not make sense for a heavy airtime user.
  By "purchasing the bundles" I'm assuming Tracfones that include a physical card with time/minutes as opposed to a phone like the Big Easy which had it tied to the phone, right? I was under the impression transferring an active account to another active account would erase whatever time/minutes you had on the receiving phone.

rated:
anonguy said:   
tracfancier said:   I would not count on Tracfone glitches when spending money on Tracfone. Expiration dates out to 2018 or beyond are mostly due to the glitch. But it could come from adding a lot of airtime if they got the airtime at a big discount, or purchased the bundles and re-sold the phones. Otherwise Tracfone airtime costs would not make sense for a heavy airtime user.
  Buy "purchasing the bundles" I'm assuming Tracfones that include a physical card with time/minutes as opposed to a phone like the Big Easy which had it tied to the phone, right? I was under the impression transferring an active account to another active account would erase whatever time/minutes you had on the receiving phone.

Yes, separate airtime that can be applied to any phone.  A few people like to upgrade phones often, so a separate card does not matter.

Normally a transfer to an active phone wipes the airtime and phone number on the receiving phone.  But some higher up CSR will allow it and are prepared ahead of time to put it back.  Such a CSR can be hard to locate. 

rated:
Thanks, tracfancier, you have been extremely helpful and informative throughout the entire process.

rated:
Tracfone is again offering the Reconditioned LG Optimus Fuel or the LG Optimus Dynamic (in black or white) for $9.99.
The kicker is that now you MUST also purchase a minutes card, with additional cost (of course!) to get this "deal".

rated:
tjones262 said:   Tracfone is again offering the Reconditioned LG Optimus Fuel or the LG Optimus Dynamic (in black or white) for $9.99.
The kicker is that now you MUST also purchase a minutes card, with additional cost (of course!) to get this "deal".

Well...hurry then!  you still have until tomorrow 8/31 to use BTS10OFF to get $10 off a card bundle, plus you get $2.50 in FatCash back a week after the phone and card ships.  So if you are a Tracfone customer who will need a card anyway you will get a free phone and card at a discount.  

rated:
I got ahold of one of those "LG Optimus Dynamic (in black or white" recently when they were free. I could not believe how toy like "cheap" they were. The Android operating system on them seemed ancient, simplistic like for a Child. Don`t know what to do with it, will not ever waste any money/airtime activating it. Maybe makes a good emergency/temporary back up to have on hand, ready to accept a temperary transfer of service.

The Fuel is the model to purchase at $9.99, being closer to a small screen version of the really expensive models

rated:
I figured why not get while getting was good; I bought a reconditioned LG Fuel and 60 minute card with BTS10OFF for $21.08 after tax.  $2.50 FatCash should be available in a week.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1102103104105 106
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015