• filter:
  • 155 56 57585974
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
granmanh said:   Ok I have a question for you ...while I was writing the last message, she finally transfered the phone # back to 3280 and gave me 40 min and the time back 12/07/11. then I had to program again...not in house had to walk around outside..I was supposed to dial *22890 and I would and get either a message from Verizon or USCellular that it was not programing ??? this is all in the front yard them finally it programed and just said that did not mention carrier...how can I find out who it connected too? does it matter? or as you said just transfer the minutes and time...I forgot how do I do that looks like you can on their site???

You can also try wirelessamberalert.org, you don't have to sign up but if you don't have a ported number it usually shows the correct carrier after you get to the 2nd page after entering your number. Just remember not to subscribe.

rated:
granmanh said:   Ok I have a question for you ...while I was writing the last message, she finally transfered the phone # back to 3280 and gave me 40 min and the time back 12/07/11. then I had to program again...not in house had to walk around outside..I was supposed to dial *22890 and I would and get either a message from Verizon or USCellular that it was not programing ??? this is all in the front yard them finally it programed and just said that did not mention carrier...how can I find out who it connected too? does it matter? or as you said just transfer the minutes and time...I forgot how do I do that looks like you can on their site???

This thread at HOFO has several links for help in finding your actual provider. You may want to try several to see if they agree. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1713494-How-do-I-find...

I do not understand why you are having a problem in so many locations with both CDMA phones. Tracfone operates with minimum pay employees, so you cannot expect them to be very tech savy or well trained to provide competent help. They appear to have a problem keeping all the gathered Info straight.

I recommend anyone who if having a complicated problem with Tracfone/Net10 post on the HOFo site, as there are many very knowledgable people willing and able to help you (the more the better): http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10?...

rated:
tracfancier said:   granmanh said:   Ok I have a question for you ...while I was writing the last message, she finally transfered the phone # back to 3280 and gave me 40 min and the time back 12/07/11. then I had to program again...not in house had to walk around outside..I was supposed to dial *22890 and I would and get either a message from Verizon or USCellular that it was not programing ??? this is all in the front yard them finally it programed and just said that did not mention carrier...how can I find out who it connected too? does it matter? or as you said just transfer the minutes and time...I forgot how do I do that looks like you can on their site???

This thread at HOFO has several links for help in finding your actual provider. You may want to try several to see if they agree. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1713494-How-do-I-find...

I do not understand why you are having a problem in so many locations with both CDMA phones. Tracfone operates with minimum pay employees, so you cannot expect them to be very tech savy or well trained to provide competent help. They appear to have a problem keeping all the gathered Info straight.

I recommend anyone who if having a complicated problem with Tracfone/Net10 post on the HOFo site, as there are many very knowledgable people willing and able to help you (the more the better): http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10?...

Ok sorry I was away...I had to get away from thoughts of this phone fiasco ... I entered the phone# in both links Amber alert one and another link on the Howard site and they both come up Verizon, so should be verizon coverage and the map says should be great coverage??? I think Verizon lies at this point about their coverage.( oh I tried to send the text thing and got nothing on the new phone but it has no bars in the house maybe it will show up when I get in an area with service) Looking at the maps for coverage Verizon had the best so just guess I will never get good coverage.. funny with my old Motorola phone ATT, some days there is no coverage some days I get none , Yesterday I could not send a text in the AM anywhere inside out side (It was rainy overcast) later in the day I could send it inside the house with 3 bars???? the sun came out... I am beginning to think this house is possessed by some weird phone genie???? or maybe me, I always seem to have a unique problem that no one can figure out. Well off to investigate on Howards board.. this is really a nice phone tho easy to use, I wish it worked, well I will take to Disney in 2 weeks and see if I can use it down there..

rated:
How can I tell which towers will be accessed by the phone I bought? NTLG900GP4SV. Under the bar code: 8400121..... Enough clues?

rated:
Winkey said:   How can I tell which towers will be accessed by the phone I bought? NTLG900GP4SV. Under the bar code: 8400121..... Enough clues?

P4 means AT&T.

rated:
P4=AT&T. Ok, that's nice to know. Thanks, Rowan.

rated:
onedew said:   TF LG 800G + TMFL $49.99

comment: Now available direct from TF (was: HSN only)

FYI: Slightly old news (post 459)

TF Samsung T245G + DMFL $19.99

FYI: Also available for $15 @ Target B&M (post #7)
What system do the Samsung phones use?

rated:
re: Samsung T245G

foche911 said:   What system do the Samsung phones use?

System?

MNVO carrier: GSM4/GSM5

Unknown MNVO carrier status at Target (I haven't seen this at Target yet).

FYI: Dollar General $10 [Exp 10/31] (source)

Unknown MNVO carrier status at DG. (no DG in SoCal)

re: LG 800G

MNVO carrier: GSM4/GSM5

I haven't seen this (or any) TMFL phone at any B&M yet.

rated:
I was just checking the price of the Moto EX124 on Tracfone's site, and when I typed in my zip code, it came back with "We're sorry. TRACFONE is not supported in the ZIP code you have entered. Please enter a different ZIP code to check availability in other areas." I also tried several other Dallas, TX zip codes and got the same answer???
I also tried searching the coverage area for my zip and some other Dallas zip codes, and got "A coverage area was not found for the ZIP Code you entered."
Is this a temporary glitch? Anyone else having this problem?

ok, must be Mozilla/Chrome interaction with Tracfone cookies/java, because IE 9 gave me the correct info.

rated:
text

TF Samsung T330G + 1 yr card (400min) + TMFL + accessories (case, car charger) $89.95 FS @ HSN

comment: Most likely GSM4. TMFL #4.

math: Buy 1 yr card, free phone/accessories.

rated:
LG420g shutting off by itself.

I recently bought the LG420g bundle from the TF website.
The phone was great and worked fine for a few days.
Then it started shutting off by itself and it will not turn back on unless I remove the battery and reinstall it.
Before I return it to TF, have you had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
TIA!

rated:
I'm having that same zip code problem on the Tracfone site: "We're sorry. TRACFONE is not supported in the ZIP code you have entered. Please enter a different ZIP code to check availability in other areas." I tried other zip codes and get the same message. I'm using IE9. Any suggestions?

rated:
caramelito said:   LG420g shutting off by itself.

Then it started shutting off by itself and it will not turn back on unless I remove the battery and reinstall it.
TIA!

Setting alarms has been found to cause this problem. I am not aware of any other causes. This phone has been a problem for many.

rated:
wbjk said:   I'm having that same zip code problem on the Tracfone site: "We're sorry. TRACFONE is not supported in the ZIP code you have entered. Please enter a different ZIP code to check availability in other areas." I tried other zip codes and get the same message. I'm using IE9. Any suggestions?

Keep trying because the message is in error.

rated:
tracfancier said:   caramelito said:   LG420g shutting off by itself.

TIA!

Setting alarms has been found to cause this problem. I am not aware of any other causes. This phone has been a problem for many.

Thanks for replying. I google it and found that this is a common problem with the LG420g. I called TF costumer service and they basically told me to remove the battery and reinstall it...and repeat everytime it happens... Yeah, great... What a joke. Stay from the LG420g.

rated:
Hello,

I have a TracFone LG290C and am considering an upgrade to one of the three Triple Minutes phones currently on offer. The LG290C gets excellent service through Verizon (confirmed), but if I do the upgrade I will be compelled to use AT&T, which I have heard very bad comments about in this area (Ukiah, California).

My question is: does TracFone allow users to have more than one phone at any given time? I would like to order the new phone and check out the reception quality in my area before disconnecting service to the old phone (ie: I want to maintain reliable service throughout my evaluation of the new phone).

As an aside, can anyone offer advice on which of the three Triple Minutes models (LG800G, Samsung T404G, and Motorola EX124G) would be best for someone looking for the ability to access existing e-mail accounts and have basic web-connectivity?

Thanks in advance!

rated:
spamdeath said:    My question is: does TracFone allow users to have more than one phone at any given time? I would like to order the new phone and check out the reception quality in my area before disconnecting service to the old phone (ie: I want to maintain reliable service throughout my evaluation of the new phone).

As an aside, can anyone offer advice on which of the three Triple Minutes models (LG800G, Samsung T404G, and Motorola EX124G) would be best for someone looking for the ability to access existing e-mail accounts and have basic web-connectivity?

Thanks in advance!

I always have 2-3 tracs going at the sametime. One is the LG800 with AT&T sim and the other a CDMA phone with verizon coverage. This allows for best coverage when traveling. Also will have a spare at times. I think the LG800 is great.
The initial phones had a repeating text issue, but think that has been resolved. The phone is very nice for texting
and web browsing. Use trac's native browser to install mini opera and/or bolt browsers. They are way faster than
tracs browser. Installing better browsers can be accomplished on any of the new tracfones.

Any of the phones with querty keyboards will have very small keys. Check out Howards Forums for more details on particular
phones and questions.

rated:
Here is a link that compares the Moto & LG phones...

http://www.prepaidphoneguy.com/lg-800g-now-with-triple-minutes-for-life

(This is Pat Bush's new site.)

rated:
Thanks so much, guys!

rated:
By the way, I default to "COGSM4" in TracFone's 'Market Finder', and there are no CDMA phones available in my area; if I want to be sure that I get a phone with an AT&T SIM in it (instead of, say, TMobile), should I enter a ZIP for a straight "GSM4" area when ordering a phone?

rated:
TF Samsung 105 DMFL bundle (case + car charger) $10 ($9.99) @ CVS & WAG B&M

comment: No info on MVNO status.

FYI: $6.99 [Exp 11/12] @ WAG in this week's weekly ad, but I didn't see it at one B&M visited recently.

TF LG 800G TMFL $50 @ K-Mart B&M

comment: No info on MVNO status.

source

spamdeath said:   ...I default to "COGSM4"... and there are no CDMA phones available in my area; if I want to be sure that I get a phone with an AT&T SIM in it (instead of, say, TMobile), should I enter a ZIP for a straight "GSM4" area when ordering a phone?

BTW, the reason you didn't get a reply is probably because the answer is already in OP. Please read what is listed in OP under this heading: "Here are the individual market areas and everything currently offered in each one.". If you didn't see any CDMA phones, the zip you entered isn't a COGSM4 market. BTW, COGSM4 market has the same CDMA phones as CO market.

rated:
text TF LG 800G TMFL $49.99 FS2S @ W*M.com

text TF Samsung T404G TMFL $59.99 FS2S @ W*M.com

FYI: Both are GSM4 market

YMMV: Unconfirmed if/when these will be available @ B&M

rated:
AAA has a nice deal for a Samsung 301. Perfect for people who rarely use their phone. You get a phone, accessories, 200 minutes and one year service for $50. The site asks for an AAA number but you can click past with just your zip code.

http://tracfoneoffers.com/tracfone/samsung-301g.html#

rated:
I just ordered the AAA deal.It suits me perfectly because I speak very occasionally on a cell phone but have it for travel and emergencies.Thanks

rated:
YMMV.....my local Rite Aid store had lots of models of Tracfone clearanced at $5 this week.

rated:
Can you tell us , did the phone ship with a 100 minute card that could be added to an existing phone, or can the whole deal be added to the 301 and then transferred to my existing phone??imho the 301 itself is practically worthless....perhaps 10 bux on eBay. TIA

rated:
Is the AAA 301 a GSM phone? If so, which carrier?

rated:
foche911 said:   Is the AAA 301 a GSM phone? If so, which carrier?
Any Tracfone that the model number ends with "g" is GSM.
AT&T & T-Mobile.

rated:
umm, aren't international calls free on tracfone anyway?

rated:
What about using a tracfone to call the US from Europe or from a cruise?

rated:
downscalebabe said:   What about using a tracfone to call the US from Europe or from a cruise?
Tracfones can not be used outside the USA.
The frequencies are different.

rated:
yakky said:   umm, aren't international calls free on tracfone anyway?

NOPE!

rated:
David301 said:   yakky said:   umm, aren't international calls free on tracfone anyway?

NOPE!

I LOVE when people post a dumb and WRONG answer with ZERO proof.

From tracfone's website @ http://www.tracfoneild.com/tracfone_ild.asp:

The only wireless service where you can call internationally for the same price as any other call.
Call over 60 international destinations directly from your TracFone at no extra cost!

rated:
yakky said:   David301 said:   yakky said:   umm, aren't international calls free on tracfone anyway?

NOPE!

The only wireless service where you can call internationally for the same price as any other call.
Call over 60 international destinations directly from your TracFone at no extra cost!

to call internationally for the same price as any other call does NOT equil FREE!
You are still charged for the call, so it ISN'T FREE.

rated:
For those having issues with thier zip code, try entering a nearby city that you share the same area code with. And if you have issues, go to facebook and post lol. We called their 800 number and tried to use their message board with minimal help, but their moderators on facebook are quick.

rated:
David301 said:   yakky said:   David301 said:   yakky said:   umm, aren't international calls free on tracfone anyway?

NOPE!

to call internationally for the same price as any other call does NOT equil FREE!
You are still charged for the call, so it ISN'T FREE.

You are socially challenged aren't you? What sort of person would think you could buy a tracfone and place international calls free? Free being on top of the minutes charged, hence no need for the calling card the other poster mention. Have you heard of the concept of context? And if you are the type of person that is really THAT into details, then I should mention you spelled equal wrong. Either you just enjoy being a jerk, or have such low self esteem that you have to prove people wrong. You are adding nothing to this forum. Go crawl back under your rock.

rated:
Yakky: Have to say that I agree with David301. I can think of several of my co-workers who would think
you could buy a tracfone and place international calls "free".

rated:
Well, I guess common sense isn't prevalent, sorry you work with idiots. I still stand by my assertion that international calling is free, but standard calling minutes are deducted. It would have been nice to post something along the lines of:

"Well, its not free, but its charged at the same rate as local calls"

Instead we got "NOPE" which consequently rhymes with DOPE.

rated:
Is LG800g good? I would like opinions.....

rated:
foche911 said:   Is LG800g good? I would like opinions.....

Are these enough opinions for you? The second link has reviews/opinions of the LG800G and the Moto EX124G but as of now the Moto isn't available on TF's site anymore.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/4485950/1/

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1713118-Motorola-EX12...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 155 56 57585974
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014