• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Many of you will remember this deal.

It's back and nationwide... STEAK!

Summer Celebration for Two: $89

Start your summer off right by joining us for the Summer Celebration at Ruth’s Chris. You and a guest can enjoy 2 three- course meals for $89. Begin with a soup or salad, followed by an entrée and a side dish. Choose from five entrée courses, including our signature filet, our fresh fish selection or our delicious chicken. End your evening sharing one of our homemade desserts. There’s cause for celebration this summer at Ruth’s Chris. Available for a limited time.

THIS IS THE MENU FROM THE LAST THREAD
FIRST COURSE - Choice of one per guest
Caesar Salad Steak House Salad
Louisiana Seafood Gumbo

ENTREE - Choice of one per guest
Fresh Fish Selection
Petite Filet
NY Strip (12 oz.)
Roasted Free-Range Stuffed Chicken
Sizzling Blue Crab Cakes

SIDES - Choose two to share
Steamed Broccoli
Sautéed Mushrooms
Broiled Tomatoes
Creamed Spinach
Potatoes au Gratin
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Julienne Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Ziti and Cheese

DESSERT - Choose one to share
Bread Pudding
Berries & Cream
Cheesecake
Ice Cream
Sorbet
Apple Crumb Tart
Chef’s Chocolate Selection

I assume the menu is the same this time around but either way, it's Ruth's you're not likely to go wrong! Bon Appetit!

from aquarexbi below:

"I just called the Midtown Manhattan location and they are part of the deal. It goes to Sept 1. If you have an odd numbered party, the additional person is $47.50."

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Jesse:

If you value value how come the steakhouses you quoted are some of the most expensive in the nation?

From the info... (more)

IrateConsumer (Dec. 18, 2008 @ 1:36a) |

I personally like the buttered steak from Ruth's Chris. I don't think it is a lazy trick. The butter is probably what ... (more)

riznick (Dec. 18, 2008 @ 1:48a) |

"Williamsburg section of Brooklyn"

Brooklyn is NYC ... protected by FDNY ...

owenscott (Dec. 20, 2008 @ 12:58p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder if it includes the Manhattan location?

I spent 10 min looking for any exclusions and found none. So I did not YMMV. If you call them and post or PM I'll update the OP.

From reading it, I don't see why not.

cool I went to Ruth's Chris on V-Day and it was pretty good. This summer I'll be living right next to one so I'll probably hit it up once or twice with this deal.

NICE!

Step 1: Go to Giant Eagle and buy Ruth's Chris $100 gift card
Step 2: Take wife to Ruth's Chris for our 1st anniversary
Step 3: Mind your own business :-p

Thanks OP... I hope this deal is still valid in the beginning of August, or we'll just have to go early. Any idea how long this deal usually lasts?

advocatus said: NICE!

Any idea how long this deal usually lasts?

no idea... I think this is the first time they have opened it up this much... It says in bold, that it is a limited time only.

Guess if the get FWed/SDed they reserve the right to shut it down.

Careful with step 3... a friend of mine has a daughter he wanted to name Ruth but the wife didn't appreciate the joke.

advocatus said: NICE!

Thanks OP... I hope this deal is still valid in the beginning of August, or we'll just have to go early. Any idea how long this deal usually lasts?
What is giant eagle and what does it have to do with this step?

yaijic said: advocatus said: NICE!

What is giant eagle and what does it have to do with this step?

Sorry. He meant Spread Eagle, and it's part of "Step 3".

LOL...

Sorry about the thread jack.

Giant Eagle is a Pittsburgh based grocery store that does the gift card thing well. They also have a chain of gas stations. For every $50 dollars spent at Giant Eagle, we get 10 cents off gas/gallon. Buy a $100 gift card, and get 20cents off of gas... eat at Ruth's Chris and get free gas, but hopefully long after step 3.

phermat said: Sorry. He meant Spread Eagle, and it's part of "Step 3". She should spread eagle after you paid for the dinner

This doesn't hold a candle to the Fleming's Memorable Meal deal. For $100 you get 2 starters, 2 sides, 2 Filet Mignons, 2 Australian Lobster Tails, and 2 desserts. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris three times in three different cities, and Fleming's six times. My worst Fleming's experience and meal was better than the best Ruth's Chris dinner.

But if you've only got Ruth's Chris nearby and no Fleming's this sounds pretty good.

Reldan said: This doesn't hold a candle to the Fleming's Memorable Meal deal. For $100 you get 2 starters, 2 sides, 2 Filet Mignons, 2 Australian Lobster Tails, and 2 desserts. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris three times in three different cities, and Fleming's six times. My worst Fleming's experience and meal was better than the best Ruth's Chris dinner.

But if you've only got Ruth's Chris nearby and no Fleming's this sounds pretty good.

What happened?

OK NICE find OP THANKS, me and wifes favorite. Now after making resv. for the 14th all I get was a confirmation that I had resv, no mention at all of the "deal". I am thinking that if they do not mention it at all in my confirmation, how do I ensure I get that deal?

Reldan said: This doesn't hold a candle to the Fleming's Memorable Meal deal. For $100 you get 2 starters, 2 sides, 2 Filet Mignons, 2 Australian Lobster Tails, and 2 desserts. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris three times in three different cities, and Fleming's six times. My worst Fleming's experience and meal was better than the best Ruth's Chris dinner.

When will people realize that Ruth's Chris is just an overpriced Outback.

But I could get 89 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's for this much! [/sarcasm]

advocatus said:
NO! I wanna know more about Step 3. Details and pictures please

Johnacon said: But I could get 89 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's for this much! [/sarcasm]but you wouldn't get the great Ruth's Chris service at Wendy's. And their wine selection sucks

labmonkey said: Reldan said: This doesn't hold a candle to the Fleming's Memorable Meal deal. For $100 you get 2 starters, 2 sides, 2 Filet Mignons, 2 Australian Lobster Tails, and 2 desserts. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris three times in three different cities, and Fleming's six times. My worst Fleming's experience and meal was better than the best Ruth's Chris dinner.

What happened?

His party got the mandatory noogies on the head and wet willy's when they ordered at Ruth's Chris. Guess he didn't like it.

10q

Is this the same size NY strip as on the regular menu?

Does anyone know when this promotion ends? I made a reservation for July 1st and hope that deal is valid then. Did anyone confirm whether it's valid in manhattan?

jskim9 said: advocatus said:

That's down right rude! How dare you want details and pictures.........I just want pictures.

jskim9 said: Johnacon said: But I could get 89 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's for this much! [/sarcasm]but you wouldn't get the great Ruth's Chris service at Wendy's. And their wine selection sucks

I don't care about service too much, at least with restaurants. I just want the price to be good and the food quality to be nice.

pjrxj said: jskim9 said: advocatus said:

That's down right rude! How dare you want details and pictures.........I just want pictures.

**Ahem**

Let's get back on topic now. Any further discussion of eagles of varying size or position will be deleted - let's keep the discussion from here on out about deal itself.

nice find!

if we have a party of 3, can we do the 2 for $89 deal and the third person just order off the regular menu?

SmashNGrab said: nice find!

if we have a party of 3, can we do the 2 for $89 deal and the third person just order off the regular menu?

man, what kind of FWer are you?

If you have a party of three, you do the Three 2-course meal deal

Note: you need a vegeterian as a third

I think Ruth's is the best Chris steak in town.

has anybody done this deal yet at their local Ruth Chris?

this is a very good deal

thanks for posting

anyone found the deal in orange county, CA?

I don't know what you are getting at, but if you look up Flemings, you will find a warmer ambiance, with a West Coast flare to the decor.

I enjoyed Flemings better, not to say Ruth's Chris wasnt amazing. The Walnut Creek, Ca Ruth's is in a much better environment than the San Francisco, Ca Ruth's Chris.

Flemings in Walnut Creek, Ca is great too!.

Flemings is short for Paul Fleming, who also does P.F. Changs.... get it.... PF?!

toneii said: I think Ruth's is the best Chris steak in town.

don't have one around me!

If only the one here would hurry up and open!!!

Unfortunately it's not valid in Hawaii. =( I just called the waikiki location. Instead they have a early bird special for $40 and one for $46. The entrée is from a limited selection, but I didn't ask what they were.

I can make steak for two for $20! People cry about gas prices, but are willing to spend $100 on dinner.....

Americans...... Keep racking up those CCS

anyone try the orange county locations and any idea when it might end? Thanks!

Well, we spent $225 for two people (100 gift cert and the rest cash) on my bday for surf and turf and one cocktail each (plus much extra for a couple vegetables, don't remember if we had an appetizer). I was sorely disappointed. I wish I had done steak and lobster at home, as the results would have been far, far superior (lobster from Costco, beef from Siesel's off Morena Blvd. My wife, on the other hand, says it was OK (when defending it, she stressed that it really was just OK, and not "good"), and not worth anything like what we paid. I have broad and deep experience eating around the world, and in my experience, this was just not even worth 50 bucks. I think it was a bit better than our last trip (once every decade) to Sizzler, but I really am not sure, though I remember that steak was 30-40% fat, and the one at RC was a good piece of meat. As I recall, a dinner at Outback a couple years ago was FAR superior. Same great service, nice atmosphere, though no bay view.

I know many people love RC and others are so-so like me. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my mouth, but what I ate a couple days before was absolutely delicious, and I ate after that and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. It really bothered me for a few days that the most expensive meal I had ever paid for in my life was so disappointing. Maybe my taste buds have become pedestrian like the rest of me should with the price of gas these days.

OTOH, a $100 dinner at Manhattan in La Jolla a few weeks ago made my taste buds zing (shared with my wife the Canneloni and the Veal Oscar (Scallopini is better in my book), and the best meal I know of in San Diego is Jack and Giulio's in Old Town...Scampi Giulio is pure heaven, so I know my mouth can be very happy, and it was not at subject restaurant.

Pax,
Cogito

Safeway does the same thing in california.

Kaabi said: I don't care about service too much, at least with restaurants. I just want the price to be good and the food quality to be nice.

what if they take 2 hours to serve u the meal?

My first and last experience of Ruth's Chris was a very forgettable and overpriced meal.

Skipping 82 Messages...
"Williamsburg section of Brooklyn"

Brooklyn is NYC ... protected by FDNY ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014